The Devil Is My Guardian

By brech33se

One thing I'll always remember is my parents saying "Everyone has a story" "Everyone has a story with a past... More

The Devil Is My Guardian
Chapter One ~ From The Start.
Chapter Two ~ Raccoon Eyes.
Chapter Three ~ Overweight Angry Meatball.
Chapter Four ~ Stall Buddies.
Chapter Five ~ Coopers Cupcake
Chapter Seven ~ Turbo
Chapter Eight ~ Chubs
Chapter Nine ~ Creepy Horny Old Man-boy
Chapter Ten ~ Sweet Cheeks
Chapter Eleven ~ Bambi
Chapter Twelve ~Crazy Teenage Girls
Chapter Thirteen ~ Overly Possessive Boyfriend
Chapter Fourteen ~ Awkward Turtle
Chapter Fifteen ~ Pumpkin
Chapter Sixteen ~ Ava Baby
Chapter Seventeen ~ Dip-Twad
Chapter Eighteen ~ Nasty Perveted Old Man
Chapter Nineteen ~ Dark Hero
Chapter Twenty ~ Return of the Raccoon Eyes
Chapter Twenty One ~ Tomato Face
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ A Stab To The Heart
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Boneheads
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Miss Cutie
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ The Last
Bonus Chapter
Important News!

Chapter Six ~ Badass Ninja Warrior.

1M 28.7K 26.8K
By brech33se

Chapter Six ~ Badass Ninja Warrior.

Ava Chance.

"Are we almost there?"

"For the millionth time; maybe."

"That's not even a real answer!" Furious, I jumped from my seat, resulting in my seat belt almost choking me to death.

"I never took you as the impatient type, Kitty."

"I never took you as the impatient type," I mimicked in a high squeal. "Well I am, when for all I know I could be driving into my own death."

"Awe, Kitty. You know me better than that," he mocked hurt. "I would at least make your death a bit more...creative."

"Oh how commendable of you."

"Commendable?"

"What? I like big words."

"I hope that's not the only thing you like big," he muttered.

Minutes later we were beginning to enter the bad side of town where druggies, the homeless, and gangs hung around. Graffiti, rundown buildings, and street fights were all around us as we drove.

Never had I been allowed or wanted to go down these streets. They were far too dangerous for my liking. Plus, with my sense of direction, I would probably end up lost and kidnapped in less than an hour.

My grandma would never allow myself down here, so why was I letting Cooper do so? Why did I feel safe with him in my presence?

Maybe because he saved me from an angry overweight meatball and coach Horney?

"Ava, you look a little pale," Cooper spoke gently, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah."

"You know you can tell me."

"I-It's just t-that," I paused to breathe in, "We're in the bad side of town."

Just after I finished my confession, Coopers hand enveloped mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry Ava, I'll protect you," he spoke, so gently I almost didn't hear, as his eyes held a lot of...passion.

If it wasn't for us pulling up to a rundown gym, I think I would have taken him then and there.

Whoa, where's all this new confidence coming from?

The building was covered in graffiti, just like all the other buildings down here. But the windows were dirty and tinted. The place looked just as bad as the rest, maybe even a little worse.

So what was so special about it that we had to drive a half-an-hour down here for?

I didn't even realize that Cooper had already gotten out and was now holding my door open for me, standing there awkwardly.

"You coming, Shortcake?"

"W-What?" I blinked a few times regaining my composer. "Y-Yeah. Yeah, I'm coming."

And with that, I quickly slid out of my seat.

If it wasn't for how curious I was, I would have probably been wailing my eyes out in embarrassment.

I had to quicken my pace if I wanted to match Cooper's, but I managed as he unlocked the door, letting me in first.

"Ladies first," he said.

As I passed him and his big grin that made most girls fall weak to their knees, I was surprised to feel his hand slap my butt.

"Hey-" I was cut off as he turned the lights on to a freshly polished personal gym.

And as my grandma always said, don't always judge a book by its cover - or building in this case.

There was newly equipped boxing equipment spread throughout the room, as well as a boxing ring in the centre of the room with bleachers surrounding it. Little black lockers were to the right of the room, and fighting pads to the left of the room on the ground, as well as a hanging bag thing to punch. The whole room was colored in red, black, white, and occasionally a few yellows here and there. Also, there was another hallway on the left with several different doors.

Evidently, this was Cooper's training area; it was known that nobody knew where or when he trained but just that he was the best.

"This is my training area," Cooper broke my trance as he moved forward, shifting his weight from foot to foot. "My brother and I put it together. We had some extra money from my dad's-" he cut himself short. "Anyways we decided to put this together and it's cheaper on this side of town. That's why nobody ever finds me."

"W-Why did you show me this?" I made my voice sound soft, as I wasn't trying to be rude but just curious.

"Ah yes," he nodded his head grinning. "You my dear, claim to be a wuss, clumsy, weak, and un-coordinated."

"I didn't say un-cor-"

"Ah-ah," he waved a finger at me, silencing me, while still smiling brightly. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," he shot me a daring look. "you my dear are lucky enough to have a sexy as- butt pro boxer as a best friend-"

"Best friend?"

"Quit interrupting me!" He stomped on his foot childishly. "Yes, best friend. Anyways, as your best friend, it's my duty to turn you into a kick as- butt fighter," he sighed, making sure not to swear. "Or just kick butt defender."

"So your plan is to make me into one of those strong, fat, sumo wrestlers?" I chuckled dryly, slightly confused.

"No, no, my plan is to make you into 'Sexy Badass Ninja Warrior'"

Hours later I was exhausted; my whole body ached and my mouth was begging for water.

"Alright, again," Cooper spoke, unaffected by fatigue.

"But we've been at this for hours!" I cried, ready to fall onto my back.

"One more time Ava." His voice was soft and trusting.

Cooper was in a ready stance. His hands were holding punching pads and little sweat beads were trickling on his forehead. He was dressed in sweats and a grey beater; his defined muscles showing through easily.

I on the other hand, was dressed in Cooper's oversized t-shirt and some of his grey sweat pants. Although they were huge on me, I'd rather wear this than nothing.

"Alright, one more time," I huffed.

Quickly I swung a fist at his torso, but he easily blocked it. Next I threw my fist at his upper arm, but again sadly my hopes failed as he blocked again. Thinking fast, I lifted my right leg, sending it to his waist. But again Cooper was unaffected as he took my leg in his hands and tried pushing me to the ground. Using my reflexes, I grabbed his arm, sending him down with me landing on top of him.

Our breathing was heavy and our noses were almost touching as I straddled him.

"You've improved, young one."

One hour later, Cooper was dropping me off in front of my house around 8pm. The lights to the house were still turned on and I was pretty sure Grandma was about to blow.

The door creaked as I opened it so naturally I cringed when I opened it further and -

"Ava May Chance!" My grandma called from the living room. "Where in god's name have you been?!" Her pale body came into view as I stepped further into the living room.

"Out?"

She wasn't just going to blow, she was going to explode.

Hey Guise!

Sorry I took so long for an update but I was gone to a two-day tournament for volleyball and we came in 5th out of 35 :)

Also a little bit of a downer but I might not update so quickly once again because tomorrow I'm going to COOL Camp for 2 days with my school where we talk and learn about sex....

And I'm also behind on my chapters...Sad face :(

Anyways thank you for all the votes in the last chapter, that was incredible. I didn't know it was possible for me to have that many votes on ONE chapter. So thank you :] Let's try and get the same amount of votes again :]

Vote&Comment&Follow

LaLa Love yew

Buh bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.1K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
20.2K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
133K 3.7K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...