LOVE BLOSSOMS(COMPLETED)

Af anuradhasivaraman

India is always known for its beauty and richness. In ancient days people could either recognize India as a l... Mere

LOVE BLOSSOMS- Plot line
THAT LIFE CHANGING MOMENT- Prologue
1. Are They Serious!?!
2. That Talk With Sid!?!
3.Our Coffee Date
4. The Decision Is Finally Taken
5. Event : Engagement
6. The Tam-Brahm Wedding
7. Wedding Night
8. Trip Back Home
9. At Home
11. Confrontation with My Scars
12. Change in Self
13. Acceptance to Reality
14. Get Well Soon, Nivin
15. Finally Something's Going Our Way!
16. So, are we Friends Now?
17. I feel Like I must Run Into The Woods
18. The Value Of A Heart
19. When Reality Hits You On Face
20. Embarking a New Route- Part 1
20. Embarking A New Journey- Part II
Epilogue- So, the beginning of the End!

10. My First Official Day

13.7K 253 8
Af anuradhasivaraman

                                                                                  10

                                                              MY FIRST OFFICIAL DAY

Dedicated to Latika02 for her being the first commenter. Enjoy!!

~~~~

Sid's P.O.V.:-

She.... doesn't...... love me???  Maybe she doesn't even  like me either. No, no, no, no, maybe she liked me before.. before I revealed the truth. No, not that way. It must be before I hid and then revealed. 

Would it have been better if I hadn't hid the truth at all?

Maybe, if I had told her truth then, would she had stayed with me then?

But just as she stated, she just staying because she has no choice. Would it have been better if I just let her go?

Maybe that way I wouldn't have made her more troubled and vulnerable.

It has been past an hour that I'm reeling and squeezing in my bed with all the above thoughts pestering my mind and making me to roll over again and again while my pretty wife gives out her cute pretty snore. Who said she's flawless eventhough she acts as one? But why does looking at her flaws makes me believe that she is being more human than robot. The search for perfection and the struggle that she undergoes to reach them is just making my heart pain. She's cute with all those scars that run beneath her skin far deep to her heart, her fear to fall in love and to get hurt, aimbition to make our country back to shape and glory that we had centuries back before we got eroded that gets her critized by people as a stunt to gain popularity and in thruth it's not, learning every new things just to make her a better individual and writer, secretly scrutinizing her talent by comparing it with people whop seem to be far better than her and ultimately her trust issuses.  Why doesn't she understand that everyone's imperfect? Imperfection is perfect sign of being human. Wasn't she the one who quoted it in her first book? She just says it but never believes them. Even if she does believe it, she maybe be unknowingly doing the opposite. She is just killing herself, her individuality, orginality by stuffing her brain with all those methods, convictions and information. She is just a person born to break those rules and conviction and not to follow them. Why doesn't she understand this even?

She feels, believes and happily tells everyone that she is a complicated charcater. To be frank, I find her the most simplest character that I have ever met in this whole world. She talks a lot but reveals the least about herself to others. She loves to remain an unstoppable mystery to all who meets her. But she isn't a mystery to those with super observant eyes or those who takes the effort to look at the subtle hints that she gives away. I confess I'm more of the latter as I lack those observant eyes instead. 

The way she behaved with all as though she was afloat in love and hapiness with me when in reality she wasn't even happy or in love. She was doing all this to keep the people she loved and respected just be happy. This means that she has been a person with dual facade. A person who smiles when she is in pain deep inside her heart. 

I suspect that she has gotten so used to this that now she never even knows that she is doing it much naturally. This is maybe her method of distracting the pain from all the scars that she might have had till date. 

She sleeps in surreal, peaceful sleep with her lips slightly parted that gives her face a touch of innocence that she tries her best to keep away from her face during the broad daylight. I would've stared at her face for what I definitely have lost count of. Unlike my past hour of troubled chat with my conscience, I feel calm while I am staring straight at her face, balancing my whole body on my left hand to turn and watch at her that is placed on the bed below me.

At certain point in my staring-my-wife act, my mind wandered to today morning's happening between us in the honeymoon suite.
*
I had woken up before the break of dawn. To be frank, I never had a proper sleep so it can be said like I never even slept in the first place to wake up. I wandered through the suite and ultimately bringing in the courage to drop into Ri's room.

I found her in the same sleeping frame as this. Same as this, her hair flying frantically laying in all new direction out of the bun that she had made out of her hair, her bedspread tuck as high as her neck as though if she could she would have have snuggled deep inside her bedspreads. I had no mind to disturb her and so when I had unintentionally made few squeaky noise I was scared out of mind that they would wake her up. My quickened heart beat soon returned to their normal speed when she remain undistributed and unknown to what was happening in her surroundings. I soon made my way out of her room.

I went to the living room, took the newspaper, magazine and at last turned my attention to television when I was bored after going through the former. By that time I would have drank atleast two cups of green tea and a cup of milk powder made coffee. When I was downing my second cup of coffee I was startled to find Ri with her sexy bed hair wandering around to finally reach me. I politely offered her a cup of coffee which she accepted gracefully. The preparation of the coffee acted as a great source of distraction to her cute,sexy figure before me.

When I look back I do accept that I behaved a little more cocky which wasn't true to my nature. While her beauty acted as a turn on, her talks and the amount of disbelief that she placed on me provoked me too to behave so. I need to confess at this point that I was enjoying her confusion and disbelief when I displayed such attitude.

But my happiness was cut short when she mentioned about my lie and I was back to my sulk-yourself-for-the-mistake-that-you-did. I went back to an abnormal reserveness in nature sucking and crying for the spilt milk.

When she was talking with her family members, I remembered the fact that she want us to put up a perfect act before everyone. So I went near her and then after that meeting we were ready to go.

The whole of the drive and even to the point after we arrived home, I was dying of dire jealously induced by the friendship that my wife and best friend shared. Wasn't I the one that was so friendly with her? I was the one who took care of all her needs.

Once, I made a mistake, I was sacked out of that place and my best friend replaced it.

But when I could finally overcome my initial jealousy I was happy about the happiness and smile that my wife could spread in my best friend's face. Nivin wasn't this always grumpy, sulky and sharp-tongued man from the start. The time that I had met him he was the happiest, liveliest man I ever had met. Helpful, generous, passionate about his profession and totally philosophically happy about just being alive. But I'm not sure what happened along the way as I got myself busy with my so-called relationship with Seema, I didn't notice the gradual change in Nivin's demeanour. I noticed it when it was finally too late to do anything about it. He started giving bitter comments about love, life and everyone and everything he met with. Putting the blame on the pressure of his profession and people he met through it seemed a better option to me. I never tried to find the reason of his miseries and nor did he try to spill his heart out. Life continued just like that until I had brought Ri to have coffee with all of us. She proved to provoke emotions from two people to whom I though could never be provoked-- Seema and Nivin. Nivin had already read her novel and was a constant follower of her who followed her works and life along with Tejas who was a greater fan than Nivin. But when he met her for the first time his sarcastic self came forward rather than projecting himself as the fan that he is. He did feel sorry about that for a long time which he never expressed to me but I just noticed it anyway. Later when he got a chance to meet her which wasn't often he tried his level-best to put forward a good impression about him to her. But his sarcastic remarks always infuriated her and there goes his efforts to get a better impression.

Even today that sort of effort could be seen from Nivin's side. She again got infuriated but ultimately got along well at the end of day as that all that matter to me. Ri has been the first woman to impress whom Nivin had put forth so much of effort. He had even subtly flirted with her which he had never even done with anyone. His indifference towards women had disturbed and worried me. But whenever confronted about it he just used to shrug his shoulders lazily and quote," I'm tried of the attention that I get for my good looks. I will surely spent all my efforts in sweeping a girl's feet off the floor who doesn't see my looks but instead chooses to search for my love, heart and personality. When such girl peeps into my life I'll not waste a second or opportunity to lose her."

My heartbeat quickened in a rapid pace as I finally realized the deep hidden meaning of Nivin's quote that I just remembered.

Is Ria the girl that he had been waiting for?

Even without realizing what he is upto is he trying to woo my wife?

Ultimately is he feeling sorry for himself as he feels that he would never be able to achieve Ria all thanks to her perfect-act?

Ria was right if I had been in love with her now I would have found myself to be fuming with angry even on the mild suspicion of having my friend flirt with the love of my life. Instead her I was quietly and quiet calmingly analysing as whether am I in the middle of Ria and Nivin finding their happiness, love and future together.

At this time something like a ray of sudden lightening that just hit me teaching me that Ria just had a point. I wasn't wrong in choosing the right woman for me but instead I did this mistake of confusing infatuation with true live. One gets attracted by a lot of people based on various factors like looks, vivacity, personality and so on. But true love not just needs passion, sparks, infatuation, care or affection but inspite it needs factor like a deep soul connection that attracts both of people despite the various difficulties kept in store for them.

Now comes another problem.

Does Ria and me share that soul connection?

Or does she belong to someone else or Nivin even and I was just a frog that she got to kiss (no,no, no, scratch that. Let's just put this, this way) marry in order to reach her prince?

Or was I her real prince in disguise?

Gosh!?!

I'm confused!! Why does my life turn this way??

My life was really good before Ria had to drop onto my life. Now here I am contemplating whether my wife will fall in love with me or my best friend. Yuck. To even think this way that I'm feeling this way makes me feel so cheap. I'm wrong and bad to think this way.

Urgh?!?

Uncertainty is the most exciting factor in life. The feeling that expecting and not knowing what follows next infuriates at same time excites humankind. Wow!! Man I never knew that I was so philosophical or maybe it was the influence of staying with Nivin for so long.

Huh?!?

*

I was startled when I heard the annoying alarm that I had set to wake Ri up. It was only at that time that I realized that at some point in my thinking-over time I would have fallen asleep. The ring of the alarm had gone alarmingly high that it jade efficiently pulled my mind out of its trance and body out of the bed. I had successfully switched off the alarm that I had kept on the study table and was horrified to find Ri deep in slumber. The alarm was much near her yet that didn't wake her up. I went near her bent and sat beside her as I realized that the task that I took to accomplish was a gravely difficult one. Ri was more of a heavy and deep sleeper than Akanshi and she was right when she stated her observation before. I was about to call out her name and shake her wake that I heard a noise.

Knock.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Beta. It's me. Open the door fast. Ri. Sid. Are you guys awake?" I heard my mom's voice.

Shit. I sweared under my thread.

Mom could come in and before she comes in I have to wake Ri clear all the evidence of us sleeping separately. My adrenaline pumped through my bbody and I frantically shook Ri's shoulders while calling her name out loud.

*

Ri's P.O.V.:-

There was a great commotion going around me.

That was the first thought that went into my eyes as soon as I decided to open my eyes. Sid's voice would have gone sore for sure. He looked a mess but the room looked more of a mess. I squinted my eyes to bright light flooding in the room while Sid caught me by my shoulders and started explaining to me calming about the cause of calamity.

" Mom is outside waiting fir us to open the door. Before she steps in we need to set the room like we were sharing the bed. Got it?"

By the time Sid finished the line he had made me stand aside and had deflated the bed, put the bedspreads on the bed and took that deflated bed and kept it in the cupboards. I was left to stand dumbfounded at looking more like staring at Sid's pace to clean up his room.

Within seconds he was ready with the room and signalled me to open the room. The time that he gave me helped me come out of my sleepiness and so I took it as a cue opened the door with the best cheery face I could muster.

" Good Morning, Mummyji. Did we make you stand outside for long? Oh, please do come in."
I moved aside from the door and did gestures for her to come in.

She placed her hands on my has as a sign of her blessing and said," Sorry, darling. I woke you guys right? I'm so used to running to Sid's room to wake him up as soon as I hear his alarm go off. You know he has this habit of snoozing the alarm and going back to sleep. I was so used to that I forgot that he's married?"

" So what if he's married, Mummyji. He'll always be your kid and will always snore his alarm and go back to.sleep and I'm no great to tell this about him as I do the same. So from now we both would need your help." I smiled and took her hands between mine and great hers a gentle squeeze as a reassuring gesture.

She smiled and held her hand and said," Now that you're awake let me give you the Saree that I had planned for you to wear today. Just give me few seconds okay. I will run back fast. Okay?"

"Ma. Please take your own time." I shouted at her retreating frame.

Sid just pulled me into his arms with an amused and warm happy grin plastered in his face and said," How could you always managed to get through everyone's good books?"

"Magic" I replied with a flick of fingers in air. I was smiling and laughing in our arms that we never realized that we were so near to each other that our nose were touching each others. When we realized it we stared at each other in an awkward way that it could pass off as being the perfect first moment that we shared. Whenever love couples on T.V. dramas were in situation I used to laugh out loud or reel in confusion as what does they see in each other that they could stare so long. They must have done it just because they were asked to and such moments never existed in real life. If it wasn't those cute songs played in backgrounds I would have got bored in such scenes.

But guess what when we were caught up in such trance I found myself drowning in the depths of those dark chocolate brown eyes of Sid. Thank god that my eyes are pitch black otherwise my dilated pupils would have been sensed by Sid so easily. I could hear hear sweet romantic songs played in the backgrounds and my legs tuning into jelly. I found myself melting in his arms. I was totally finally lost. Lost into my own world of those fairytales and romantic novel cliches.

Everything lasted until we heart a slight clearance of thought which more or less sounded like a schoolgirl giggle. We quickly jumped apart and our faces ducked and reddened in embarrassment as being caught by Mummyji in our simple moment of entracement.

Mummyji smiled and muttered,"Young love of these days." with a tsk sound and shake of head.

She called me and said," Ria, take this Saree and wear it. Get ready and come fast. We have lots of work to do."

I nodded and took that Saree. " I will get ready soon, Mummyji. No worries!!"

Mummyji nodded with a stern look suppressing her grin which was threatening to form an outburst. She quickly slipped out of the room.

Sid turned towards the television set placed directly about our heads placed opposite to our bed. Neither of us was ready to acknowledge what had happened between us. I was happy over that fact.

I quickly went to my bag picked up my tolieteries, undergarments, a blouse and innerskirt to match the read chunky worked embroidered Saree with golden prints thread and a towel to go with I rushed to the bathroom.

I starting with the basics like brushing my teeth and then back to my job.

Within five minutes I was done with my hot shower and then was ready to get dressed. I decided that I had to get dressed inside as I possibly not go half-naked just seconds after sharing a moment with him. It'll just add up to whatever it was going on between us. I was done with tying that Saree thanks to the experience that I attained from tying Saree for years for my job. My hair was dripping wet and now I concentrated much on drying it . But at the end had to give up as my thick hair wouldn't budge. So I will have to opt to either air dry or use hair dryer.

I got out wearing a golden coloured blouse which was the latest fashion in the Saree fraternity to wear shiny golden satin like blouse to a Saree with a tinch of golden hint in it. I was looking good I knew it. I looked like the woman that I had always wanted to look like. Is it some sick dream? No maybe not thanks to its length and preciseness.

"Sid do you have a blow dryer?" I asked only to find Sid staring at me like a hawk.

Shit.

I always hated such looks given by men and being at the receiving end didn't help much either. I smiled as though nothing of such happened and waved my hand before Sid's face only to receive
a very sheepish grin from him.

"Wait! I'll take and give it to you." I nodded and till then I went to the dressing table and started wearing those red bangles, mangal sutra and then adorned the sindoor in my forehead in the name of Sid praying for the longevity of his life. Really?!? This was the chessiest of all parts.

Sid was behind me and handed me the dryer. I took it from his hands threw a quick "thank you" and made my way through my wavy, tangled thick hair refusing to dry fast and threatening to gave me a head ache. I acted fast and within quite sometime I had brought my hair under control. I then styled my hair in a sort of lose ponytail while I still allowed it to dry.

" Sid then let me keep going. Continue your sleep or get ready. Take care.Meet you at breakfast with some yummy breakfast."

Oh no, Shit!!!

Admist all those talks I forgot to surf through the recipes that I was planning to do.

I searched for my phone and was relieved to find a wifi connection in the house. I pulled Sid up got him to give me the password and then I was all set to surf and browse.

I waved goodbye and hurried down to the kitchen. Mummyji wasn't around and so I started making horlicks for myself and sat down to drink it. By the time I had finished it Mummyji and bhabhi came by.

~

I meanwhile had taken my drink time as a time to go through all the recipes that I had planned to go through earlier.

Finally, the confusion stood between the three tough competetors of the day.

Contender No. 1: Wheat flour Dosa. It is an instant and easy to make South-Indian recipe that doesn’t need the cook to undergo the trouble of grinding a wet flour and allowing it for a ferment overnight. Would be ready in a jiffy with all the ingredients that are available at home. Can be served with coconut chutney or any chutney of choice.  Main Ingredients: Wheat Flour, rice flour, salt and water.

Contender No. 2: Rava Dosa. A traditional recipe that these people might be more familiar with as it’s a very famous udipi( kannadica) dish. Again served with any choice of chutney and ready in a jiffy. Main Ingredients : Rava ( Suji/Semolina), Maida( Refined flour), rice flour, salt and water.

Contender 3: Oats Dosa. A totally healty, contemporary, modern dish made for health freaks like me. Many may feel it to be less tasty as it’s very healthy but the fact is this dish resembles me. A balance of perfect tradition with a modern tinch yet being perfectly healthy in nature. Main ingredients: Oats, rice flour, rava, water and salt.

I was very confused as what would be the perfect choice for today’s breakfast. It was at that time when I was lost in my deepest quest that bhabhi peeked into my moble screen and gasped aloud. I turned to the source of the noice and magically found her and mummyji  there. Wow!!

I told them about my quest and they happily agreed to help me to find the solution. The first question that I was subjected to was as why did I select all my dish as dosa. My reply was pretty simple. I stated mummyji told me that everyone in the house loved dosas and so I decided to make one. I couldn’t make the traditional ones as it involved the trouble of planning earlier and so opted to these instant dosas instead.

After a good discussion of nearly to quarter a hour we decided the menu for the breakfast.

                                                                                Menu                                                                          

Wheat Dosas ( the recipe that provides for only four people) Onion, coriander parota( my mom’s recipe. A combination of chopped onions, spices, coriander mixed along with wheat flour into a chapatti dough and then chappathis are made out of it.) Oats Dosas(the recipe that provides for only four people) Mixed vegetable raita and pickles Broken Idli rice poddridge Coconut chutney Coriender chutney Peanut chutney Milk, tea, coffee or bournvita provided

As our family contained many people ( touch wood. I don’t want an evil eye on us.) we decided to keep all the dosas in the menu. Everybody in the house liked chutney too so we had the liberty to overdo with the variety of chutneys. Many in the house preferred to have podrige before they leave. So, I introduced the totally new recipe of podridge. The one that my mother recounts as the recipe given to nursing mothers, sometimes the extract is given even to infrants, sick and elders generally prefer this in their normal diet in order to keep ourselves hale and healty. I also had an onion coriander parota because I wanted to make them feel at their comfort level and not stuff them with a totally south-indian breakfast combo.As soon as we decided we got back to work.

Today was basically bhabhi and mumyji’s off excepting their mild orders flying from left and right. Before we stepped into the kitchen, mummyji took me to the puja room and did an elaborate puja to the deities. While all that time I spent my time with a special conversation with Gd. It really cooled my nerves and made me feel energetic. I felt like I was at my comfort zone. Cooking after all was one of my passion like writing, designing and teaching.

After that they asked me to prepare tea to all while they got themselves busy in waking everybody up and assembling them at the dinning table facing the kitchen in an adjoint room.

By the time I was done with the tea, I had also started preparing for my recipes placed at menu. I was done with the dosas and parota batter. I was chopping vegetables for raita while I let the milk and tea-decoction boil at the same time on the adjoint stoves. In the microwave I had put the idly rice in high for 10 seconds to fry to a golden brown.  I took it out and let it cool while the milk started to boil, ran after it and put it over the tea decoction. I didn’t mix sugar as papa was midly diabetic. So, I placed sugar in a bowl, took out the tea cups and kept the tray ready. The tea came to boil and so put it off. Strained the tea into tea cups, placed them in the tray along with the cup of sugar placed a teaspoon along side the teacups and then I was off to serve. It was then that my eyes met with a fully-dressed, ready to go to hospital, Dr. Sharma. He was handsome and there was no denial in it. Dressed in a pale pink stripped shirt and a formal black pants, he looked every bit of the doctor that he is, well in contol of himself, the saviour of the humankind.

Did I ever mention that I always had a thing to doctors?

Okay, Ri, back to Earth. Concentrate on the task at hand. Don’t ever get distracted. Understand!’ I scolded myself and served everyone their morning tea with a polite smile fixed on my face.

Bhabhi and Akanshi were not there and that reminded me that Akanshi needed a cup of cocoa based drink. What was that? Bournvita or Boost? Ah, I get it Bournvita it’s. I rushed back with Bhabhi’s tea in hand and prepared a hot cup of bournvita.

I heard Akanshi’s laughter float in the air. I knew that she had returned. I rushed with Bhabhi’s tea and her drink and guess what I was tranced by the sight that awited me.

Akanshi lifted mid-air and tickled in her stomach by Sid who was grinning ear to ear while she writhed and struggled in her. I found myself enchanted by the scene and smiling to myself. The scene made me nostalgic as it reminded me of the same relationship that I shared with my maternal uncle. Replacing, Akanshi and Sid my mind reeled with the pictures of me and my uncle.

“Ri, what are you staring at?”

This question was aimed at me. I knew but who asked? Where am I? Oh, yes, I was lost in dreams? But untile I figured this I needed to fill in the silence.

“Huh?”

“Oh, sorry” I replied as soon as I realized what I was doing. Gaping like a hawk not a good sight to see, I know. “ I was just lost in thought. It just reminded me of my younger days hanging in my uncle’s arms and complaining that his moustaches prick me when he teases and taunts me by grazing them through in my cheeks during his affectionate kiss. I was more like a daughter to hi, you know.”

Now, one thing that I know is I’m lost in thoughts again. Dreamy eyes, dilated pupils, I quickly realize but I get too dazed.

“I’m happy that Sid shares such relationship with Akanshi. You really don’t know Sid that you aqre making her childhood memories more colourful.” I went by Sid’s side,placed an affectionate hand on Akanshi’s cheek before kissing it and smiled again. “Oh, Sid please continue whatever you were doing. I just need to rush back. I wish I could stay here at gape at you but unfortunately, can’t. Bye, continue, okay?”

I rushed back to kitchen to continue my task at hand. While, I was chopping coconuts and preparing chutneys, Bhabhi dropped in and asked in an amused tone, “ Aren’t you jealous, Ria that Akanshi’s getting your husband’s affection. I was scared you know? You don’t need to hid if you feel so. I can totally understand.”

“Bhabhi, please, I’m not that way!” I exclaimed.”Akanshi’s a kid. Comparing a kid and my love would be a sin. I had been at the receiving side of such comparision and have vowed to myself that I would never be at the giving ens. Do you understand? Akanshi is not just your kid feom today. She’s mine too. How can I feel jealous of my own kid?”

To say that Bhabhi was stunned was an understatement. She was just standing there. Just that and staring at me as if I had grown two heads. Did I? I wondered. The thing that I liked about bhabhi is that she’s very transparent with her expressions. Friendly, geninue , warm, gentle , her list of goodness just goes on. I might even get short of adjectives to describe her. A tall sleneder, doe-eyed, plump lips, sharp nose, broad cheekbones, perfect heart shaped jawline, long think, luscious hair, a beauty afterall and that too a natural one indeed. But never the once has she had the arrogance of being such a beauty. Instead she’s a sweetheart.

Ria, God bless you. I’m so happy that Sid choose such a liberal minded, warm, affectionate, geninue wife for himself. He is lucky and so are we.” Her voice was filled with unexplainable emotions. Her eyes looked as though tears would explode them. She quickly left and let me stay there left alone in my pool of thoughts.

Had it not been my fight my Sid I still would have did the same. I have never been a person who would stop her husband to have  a social life and make it stay only with her. The quick beep from microwave indicating that the porridge that I had placed was ready was the only one that brought me to the reality that I needed to face.

*             *             *            

The breakfast was ready. All the items planned in the recipe was laid out on the dinning table. The family members seated in the table and I standing in the background. I felt like a chef in some reality show waiting for verdict. Bhabhi  was feeding Akanshi a sip of porridge and to evryone’s suprise the evry fuzzy-to-eat niece of mine a near replica of me was asking for another mouthful.

Tasty, tasty, I need more!!!” demanded Akanshi and I felt like the verdict was passed. I passed this exam in flying colours.

“Ria, I always make thousands of excuse to escape breakfast which leds me to hear heath lecture from your ever dutiful doctor husband. But today the presentation of your food itself has made my taste buds water . Hope the taste is as good as it’s presentation.” My brother-in-law commented. I just smiled and nodded.

“Hmmm...” moaned my brother-in-law in pleasure of eating such food.” You really know how to cook tasty food. I was scared that you’d turn out to be one of those that claims to cook but cooks awful shit in reality. Your dad’s comments could do no justice to her skill, dear.”

“Bhaiya, that was really rude. But I’m happy you liked it anyway.”  I replied mock sulkily.

“Yeah, afterall it was I that selected the menu.. Giood Ria that you followed my instructions..” replied my  bhabhi lifting her imaginery collars and giving me mock blessing.

I giggled aloud. Maybe my first unladylike, graceless laughter that they would have witnessed. Better they get used to as I would release these in enormous amount hereby if I continue to live with such lively joint family. A family that I has always yearned to have had.

“Tasty, hmm.. Good efforts, Ria.” My mother-in-law commented.

“Hmm.. Good food after a long time..” papa nudged mummyji playfully and she acted in a mock-defense.

“ Thanks for the food, Ria. It was great.” Sid said and was getting up. “ Need to rush. Nivin would be here any minute. He texted me.”

“Oh, good, Sid. Just sit down I say and complete your food.” I said in a serious tone.” If Nivin comes I’ll call him in and atleat let him have my first breakfast that I cooked as your wife It’d be a great honour. I’ll just text him”

Yes, it’d....” Sid muttered under his breath that none seemed to care but I. I don’t why but I felt uneasy. But leave..

Nivin  just get yourself in and eat atleast a bowl of porridge I made. No excuses accepted. Got IT? J

I typed the above message pressed send button in my phone directed to Nivin’s number. I got his number for emergency purposes and see it helped today.

Within seconds, Nivin was in and he had an exact bowl of porridge but as he saw the wheat dosa, he couldn’t resist himself. He served himself a rava and a wheat dosa and told, “ Ria, your dish made me remember my mom. She needs to meet you. She’d be blessed to meet and maybe even ask for this recipe.” In Tamil. He was the only one that talked with me in Tamil and it made me feel at home. I had asked him to teach me Kannada soon and he has prom ise. While, he said this everyone in the family stared and Sid more or like glared. I translated quickly to avoid furthermore confusion and they all smiled.

Soon, it was time for them to leave. Bhaiya, to his office, Sid and Nivin to hospital and Akanshi  to her play-school. She was dressed in a pink dress acute frilly frock and bhabhi had to leave her. It was a nearby play-school and so she walked down. She invited me but I just had to refuse a mess to clear.

A mess left by in my kitchen...

Afterall such appreciation receiving menu needed a heavy work of cleaning up if anyone would know?

Scrub, cleaning, wipe.. ah, I have a great deal of after job to do... Sigh!!!

@@@@@@@@

I updated at last. Ah!! Wiping off these imaginary drops of sweat off my forehead. Enjoy!!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

18.3K 1K 32
Aditya Roy Kapoor is a billionarie , CEO of His company , Kapoor industries and can do anything to achieve the thing which is his. Aditya does not ha...
14.9K 1.6K 13
(riansh ff) Her one single dream, his freedom, and their sinful desires make up this dreamy love story that half of us crave! it can be something we...
426K 27.3K 47
Amaya came outside and her eyes widened at the sight, Rudra's dress shirt was wet, he was holding something in his hands and his face showed panic. I...
8K 976 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...