Wicked Games: Book Two of The...

By AmethystAmber87

[ Highest Rank #101 in Mystery/Thriller ] Time has passed. Things have changed. Isabeth, Benny, and Faith are... More

Excerpt
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Somethings Never Change
Chapter 28
Fill In The Blanks
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 52

188 23 10
By AmethystAmber87

Alex clung to the wall, like a frame hanging on a hook. He closed his eyes slowly breathing in the tenebrosity. He opened his eyes to see Clayton and Fulton at his side.

"Are you done meditating?" Clayton asked.

"I'm going upstairs," Alex muttered. His moist hands clutched the tire iron he got out of his trunk.

Clayton nudged Alex to move, "I'm with you."

"I'll stay down here." Fulton hissed. "Remember, The Artist is two. The Visionary and The Executioner. Determine quickly which one you have."

Alex nodded while Clayton forged ahead.

Alex clung tight to the stair rail. His heart throbbed harder with each stair he climbed. He'd been here before, walking into death's sanctuary. It's dwelling of grim tranquilities. It's mumblings of nothingness bouncing off the walls sowing your lips shut with the thread of fright and the needle terror.

Self-preservation was what Alex yearned but what he sought lay here, in the atelier of destruction. It was love that made him forge deeper in the darkness, her love that made him trek down the hallway.

Clayton stopped. Alex ran into him. He shoved Alex off his back with an elbow. Alex jumped back. Clayton pointed to the light burning, leaking from a room at the end of the hall like the North Star illuminating the night's sky.

"No." Alex mouthed. "Trap."

Clayton waved him off stepping further down the hall. He moved like a jaguar sulking his prey, gently placing one foot in front of the other as if the floor was made of paper-thin glass. His right hand draped around the handle of the gun as his left cradled the bottom as if it was a cup of warm tea. He stood in front of the door, pulled back his trigger finger and a boom exploded.

Alex cupped his ears concentrating on the ringing that whistle in his head. He backed up into the darkness, deeper into the void. He hit against something and his balance gave way knocking him to the floor. The tire iron rattled to the floor.

"Who's there?"     

What do you think tripped Alex?

Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 5.3K 87
I know what you did last summer - A Life for Alison Dilaurentis' four best friends took a turn for the worst when the blonde mysteriously went missin...
388 21 56
Highest Ranking (Feb 2021) No.1 psychological Who are you? What have you done? Luke and Jessica have the perfect life, are happily married, and are a...
996K 28.1K 122
"I’ve had many things stolen from me. Money, keys, credit cards, even my own heart, but none of that mattered more than stealing lies. People relied...
105 0 5
Charlie woke up in a morgue with only a vague memory of how she got there. She doesn't know her world just got bigger. Isaac is in love. His wife is...