Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

By iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... More

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 32- Cosmo Children

1.4K 47 30
By iamourship

Yay! Finally updated, sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy!

______________________________________________________

"Bonnie?! What are we doing out here? It's practically dark already!" I hissed at the little blonde girl who had my left fingers in her grasp as she tugged me through the sandy pathways of Lumious park. The sun was sunken under the Kalos horizon, leaving the sky in a painted haze of tangerine and lavender, merging different palettes of the sky's finest colors. So we now navigated our way through the park under the guidance of street lamps.

"Not too much further. Just trust me!' Bonnie blurted, her voice bubbling over with excitement as if she knew something I didn't. My eyebrows knotted at the girl.

"If you say so..." I murmured. To be honest, I didn't really mind being in Lumious park. It was a beautiful expanse, with thriving bushes of wild flowers and children's playgrounds all lit by elegant street lamps and twinkling stars. Had I lived in Lumious City, it probably would have been one of my favorite places.

Abruptly, Bonnie stopped mid-step before rotating on her heels so her massive grin faced me. Her eyes sparkled with undeniable excitement that was evident in her tone of voice.

"I like the flower you've got in your hair. Where'd you get it?" She quizzed, taking a prolonged look at the accent to my outfit. After the day we found the tower in the woods, I had put the flower away for safe keeping. I couldn't risk it possibly getting damaged. Truthfully, I expected it to wilt within a few days. But it proved me wrong, still being vibrant and full. The magenta petals shimmered like a surface of studded diamonds under the moonlight.

So when Bonnie suggested I put a little more effort into my appearance tonight, the unique blossom was the first thing I turned to. Again, I tried to fix it behind my ear the same way Ash had that first day, but somehow I couldn't twist my wrists in the same way he had. It still didn't fit quite right.

"I found it in the forest." I answered, hiding the real truth behind half. Fortunately, at Bonnie's young age, she didn't question.

"It's really pretty! I want one!" She pouted, sucking out her bottom lip. I smiled at her expression, knowing she had no idea what she was asking for.

"Maybe one day." I told her in a tender tone. She stared back at me with puzzlement for a second. However, soon she realized that she couldn't decipher my enigma and continued to drag me through Lumiose park.

"Alright! We're here!" Bonnie exclaimed, dragging me out of my daze. And I was shell-shocked.

She had lead me to the banks of a lake, which had the rippling reflection of the moon cascading across it. Further up the bank was a neatly set table with velvet table cloth and silver covered dishes, flourished with a rose center piece. But the most striking part of the assemble were the hundreds of candles that illuminated everything under their golden light. The flames flickered with an orange hue that danced beautifully in front of my eyes. They were scattered across the date location like stars, perching in trees and on Pokemon feeding stations.

"Bonnie...?" I whispered in awe, my jawing hanging aimlessly open. "What is this...?"

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The little blonde girl show cased her creation by lifting her arms in the air and twirling around. "But you're right, it is dark and way passed my bed time." She sniggered in a tone that suggested she was just pulling a lairs excuse. Then, she sprinted off, disappearing under the shadows of the trees before I could catch my breath.

"Hey! Bonnie! Come back!" I shouted into the empty air. There was no reply, other than the faint vibrations of snickering from Bonnie's loss of control. I frowned, knowing her sudden disappearance was a part of a bigger plan...but what?

"Elaina? Where did you go? Elaina? What about our battle?" A new voice bounded off my eardrums, sending sparks of excitement down every vertebrae of my spine. I knew this voice very well. It's exact sound imprinted onto the memory of my ears like branding."Elaina! Are you going to give Pikachu back?!"

"Ash!" I announced, whipping around and searching the night-washed park for his head of windswept raven hair. Soon enough, my crush appeared, stepping out of a weeded pathway and onto the lake banks, looking as breathtaking as usual. Instead of his normal blue jacket, he wore a plain black t-shirt, skin tight, making my breath hitch for a brief moment.

"Serena? Is that you?" Ash asked, his head snapping up and those perfect bronze eyes searched for my face. He took a glance at the candles that now glowed before him, and cities lit up his eyes. The hundreds of flames burned small buds in his flawless irises. Electricity raced through the orbs that met mine in an instant, sending the same energy rippling through my body.

And time stopped.

The earth ceased to orbit the sun. Every single vibration halted. Rivers stopped flowing. All stopped breathing. My heart stopped beating...

And the faint smile that perked up his full lips; it was everything.

All his imperfections became perfections that shaped his very being. Every flaw that scared his character healed until it was as smooth as the surface of a glass ball. His jagged edges became the highlights of a masterpiece.

And he was perfect.

For a sweet second.

"What is this...?" He muttered, taking mindless steps in my direction, his eyes trekking down the array of golden candles that lit the park like lanterns in a night-sunken sky. Then he found the diner table in the center, awaiting a couple to take the seats. But there was no couple here, and I could already anticipate that we would only fit awkwardly because of that.

"It's the work of our friends I suppose." The words trembled out of my mouth as I still stood in awe of their art. There was something about the way those flames danced like a flickering circus of city lights. Like stars of a comet ruled galaxy.

"Huh? This is for us?" The boy I feel in love with settled only mere inches from me, studying the display with a perplexed look. He ran caramel toned fingers through his disheveled jet hair, making it even more randomly displaced.

"I believe so." I answered without averting my eyes from the fairy tail setting. It made my stomach do flips just thinking of Ash and I enjoying meal here.

Sitting opposites. Meeting eyes. Sharing smiles. Playing pretend.  

But there was no couple here, and I could already anticipate that we would only act awkwardly because of that.

"So Elaina and I aren't having a battle?" He questioned as wrinkles of confusion creased his forehead. The orange haze created by the numerous candles washed him in an apricot color, making his skin appear even more sun kissed than usual.

"You're only just figuring this out?" I teased, letting a playful smirk take up my face. Ash's expression fell, obviously displeased with my criticism of his intelligence.

"And she's not giving Pikachu back either?" He wondered out loud, a slight frown still saddening the edges of his lips.

"I don't think so." I murmured as he processed everything. Nor did I believe he had fully interrupted the real reason for us being here, not that it was hard to figure out. But he needed guidance with things like these.

"Oh well. Might as well enjoy the food, right?" He extended an arm, trying to gesture for us to go forward, but in the process, misjudged where I was standing and whacked me instead.

And the string of unfortunate events started there.

I stumbled backwards with the force of the accidental blow, my feet half tripping over each other. Then my boot caught a rock peaking out of the muddy bank, causing my frame to tumble backwards some more. And my balance didn't retain, in fact, it only got worse. Until I could feel the cold lapping of water on my heels. And before Ash could react, I was falling into the onyx stained lake at high speed.

My arms attempted to catch my fall but they buckled when the bitter temperature of the water hit them. Even in the shallows of the lake, it swallowed my hips, legs and forearms under the surface. Mud squelched under the grip of my fingers and I could feel it slipping from my feet. Opaque droplets stained the top of my dress, that, thankfully hadn't fallen victim to the water. I could feel the liquid seep through my clothing until it slithered along my skin with every movement. Goosebumps raised over each inch of my skin and a shudder shook my frame until my teeth chattered.

So I laid in the sludge, completely and utterly sunken in shock.

"Ash!" The shriek left my purple lips even through the effects of hyperthermia and lack of control over my shivering. It pierced the air like a battle cry, ringing on every eardrum within close range. My crush cringed at the sound, embarrassment and sorrow adding to the regretful expression on his face.

"Serena, I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't mean too, I'm so so sorry." Ash apologized as he extended a hand to help me up. I stared at his open palm, though his fingers were very inviting, at that moment, I decided against it.

"My dress...its coved in mud...and wet..." I muttered, as my chest raised and fell rapidly, shock racing through my veins.

"Serena, I'm really sorry. Let me help you u-owww!" He didn't finish his sentence, as I had taken his hand and tugged it until he lost his balance.

The raven haired boy came crashing into the water beside me. His landing sent a shower of lake water onto my hair, dotting my head in reflective droplets. I laughed hysterically as the shock of cold water hit him like a speeding train. Ash was speechless for a moment, lips parted but no sound pouring out.

"What was that for?!" He screamed, although sounding breathless from hyperthermia. The edges of his spiked jet hair dropped from the weight of liquid, sticking to the flesh around his eyes in a way that made him look...hot.

"You deserved it!" I giggled and eventually gathered a smile from my crush, although he was reluctant at first. We were both helplessly lying in the lake shallows, during the last moments of the evening, looking like idiots.

But I loved it.

"I guess I had it coming, didn't I?" Ash concluded, a sheepish smile baring his teeth.

"Think next time you push a girl into a lake." I teased, a malicious glint in my eye. Ash was too easy to manipulate during that moment, vulnerable like a puppet on strings.

"It was an accident!" Ash pounded his fists into the water due to frustration. As a result, a wave of bleak water crashed over me, this time, wetting the top part of my dress that I had miraculously managed to keep dry the first time. My teeth gritted as the liquid drenched me.

"Did you just...splash me?" I gasped, trying to keep my shivers to a minimum.

"Serena I didn't mean to-" his sentence was cut off by a mouth full of water that I had splashed in his face. The water droplets ran down his cheeks in stray patterns and rhythmically dripped from the tips of his fringe. An airy chuckle filled the air as I watched Ash try to fathom what had happened.

"Alright, two can play that game." He said in a psychotic tone that made me rear back with pupils dilating. His bronze eyes went menacing, a wildness swirling within them. It was scary but somehow...compelling.

Then before I knew it, my face had been drenched so no inched stayed uncovered in muddy water. My breathing rate jacked up as I felt the droplets roll off my lashes. I jumped onto my feet, rivers cascading from my dress like translucent party streamers.

"That's it, you're dead Ash Ketchum." I threatened as Ash got into a standing position and readied his stance. A playful yet undeniable smirk perked up the edges of his lips, causing my nerves to spring like pogo sticks. I cupped the water in my hands for a brief moment before flinging it at him, striking straight in the chest.

He fired next, sending a series of short sweet burst at my legs and hips. I couldn't help the laugh that spilled over corners of my mouth, they couldn't be suppressed. I was just happy. That's the only word to describe it.

And we continued like that, splashing each other until we were sure the other could pass as a drowned Purrlion. We flung water back and forth until my hair stuck to my face in clumps, dropping into the shallows of my gums. Not another words was spoken, as it simply wasn't possible under the series of hysterical laughs that could be heard from the both of us.

The only reason I stopped was because of a certain seven petaled flower that caught my eye, drifting among the ripples in the lake. I hadn't even realized it had fallen from its perch behind my ear. My fingers twisted in the hair where it used to be, finding a somewhat empty space. Ash paused, recognizing that I was no longer participating, his face twisting in curiosity.

"My flower..." I whispered, leaning over and picking it up, the magenta petals drooping onto my spread fingers.

"Is that...?"  Ash's voice trailed into the the sounds of the evening as he eyed the dainty blossom I held.

"Yes, the flower you picked for me." I finished, looking up and meeting his chocolate eyes that had melted from their wild frenzy to a much more sincere gaze.

"It hasn't died?" He questioned, coming closer to me so he could examine the flower in detail, analyzing its abnormalities.

"No, not even slightly." I answered in a whisper. There was no need for a louder tone, Ash was so incredibly close to me. And it was like the icy water ceased to exist. I started to burn up.

"That's amazing..." He replied in the same soft tone as my own. Then Ash took the flower from my grasp, cupping it in his hands like a precious artifact. He smiled, memories of the day it was acquired dancing in his head.

My crush leaned over, getting unnecessarily close to my face. Until our breaths mingled together like hot and cold winds in the tropics. Until his body heat sent tremors down my vertebrates. And a tornado of emotions prowled at the edge of my rib cage, daring to escape through straggled screams.

Ash's skilled fingers fixed the flower back in it's place. His lips frighteningly close to my cheek bone, hot breath fanning across skin fibers. The position he locked my flower between stray locks of hair in the crook of my ear felt perfect, not at all awkward.

"There." The word lingered on my cheek bone for a moment, drumming my ears in a single soft blow that sent a slight jerk through my body due to its suddenness.

"T-thanks." Was all I could mutter as I felt him slowly withdraw. I was holding my breath but hadn't noticed. A struggled exhale left my lips like the sounds of a broken record.

"No problem." Ash mumbled, pausing when his face was less than a foot from mine. He continued to study my features from close range, dissecting every flaw and every perfection. I couldn't help but copy, taking advantage of this moment to get a good look at his face. We stayed there for an immeasurable moment, the seconds were countless. For all we knew, it could have lasted days.

"Ash..." I whispered, letting his name drift in the air between us for a moment. It took a while before the raven haired boy could form a word on his impeccable lips.

"Yes?" He questioned, tilting his head, though I couldn't figure out if it was to get a better look at me or just for emphasis.

For a moment, I felt as if I could say something witty. Shape my feelings into a sentence he would approve of. One that would leave him speechless and impressed at the same time. But I could never summon enough courage, not after the result of my last confession.

"We should eat the food before it goes cold." I muttered, an invisible weight seemingly dropping my shoulders. I could be so pathetic at times. The confidence I somehow managed to drag with me on a stage in front of thousands people never stayed when I was around Ash.

"Y-yeah. You're r-right. We should." Ash said with a slight stutter as he reluctantly pulled away, his arms relaxing from their coils around my shoulders. And as he continued to back away, I felt our bubble of warmth deteriorate, so I was cold again. As we waded out of he water, Ash noticed this.

"Serena, you're shivering." Ash commented and I nodded in return.

"It's the water." I replied through a series of airy gasps.

"I wish I had my jacket to give you. Umm...here, maybe this will help!" The raven haired boy exclaimed as I looked on with curiosity. He splashed over to me, slinging a tanned arm around my shoulders and pulling me close until I was was almost a complementary shape to his torso. His body heat began to tingle my skin again in all kinds of ways that made me slightly light headed. "Better?"

"Yeah, a little"

A lot.

As we approached the table that had been untouched during our prior activity, I noticed there was something slightly off. It was a beautiful arrangement, perfect for a date...if you could call it that. There was one dish situated in the center, coved by a silver dome. But there was only one set of cutlery.

This could be a problem.

Ash lifted the cover off the dish with his free hand to reveal a steaming soup that had a mouth watering aroma bubbling over the lip of the bowl. My crush licked the corners of his mouth with eagerness.

"Ummm...there's only one spoon, Ash." I warned, holding up the single silver utensil so he could see.

"Really? Do you think they forgot to put out another one?" He questioned as he began to search around the table for some more cutlery. I shook my head, frustrated with his sluggish pace of catching onto things.

"Forget is not exactly the word I would use..." I mumbled so Ash couldn't hear.

"I guess we'll just have to share, then." He shrugged as if it meant nothing. My eyes widened in alarm at the mention. Elaina and Bonnie were going to get a real scolding after this.

"Yeah, guess so." I replied in a tone that didn't fit my own. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from letting out inhuman sounds of panic. Ash and I took our seats in the velvet covered chairs, cringing at the squelching noises that came with being soaking wet.

The raven haired boy dug the spoon into the soup and pulled it out filled to the brim. He smirked at me, then began making figure eights with the utensil and mimicking a vehicle noise. I frowned, obviously not impressed with his actions.

"Here comes the airplane!" He teased while trying with half success to keep his chuckles stifled. I frowned deeper.

"I'm not a baby, Ash." I pouted, eyeing his playful hand like a grotesque creature. My crush laughed at me.

"Come on Serena! It's just a little bit of fun! Please!!!" He begged. It's not like I could say no to those gleaming auburn eyes. They were too entrancing, had too much of a hold on me.

"Fine." I mumbled, refusing to meet his eyes.  Ash pushed he spoon closer to my face until it was mere inches from my lips. I could practically taste the steam vaporizing off it. With an unamused and a sideways glare, I took the metallic cutlery into my mouth and swallowed the substance, much to my crush's amusement. Though, I had to admit the soup was very delicious and tingled my taste buds with warmth. In fact, I was enjoying it so much, I failed to realize some had began to drip out the corner of my mouth.

Ash, however, had noticed.

"Here Serena, you've got a little something..." He focused, bringing the spoon back to my face and using its con-caved surface to scrap away the excess soup. My cheeks flared up in embarrassment, though I'm sure the unnatural color was shadowed by the apricot haze of the candles.

Next, Ash dipped the spoon back into the bowl and took his own mouth full. All while staring me straight in the eye. And I stared straight back, wondering how such a boy could fill me with so many unexplored galaxies of adventure.

But there was no couple here, and I could already anticipate we would only be perfect regardless.

Elaina's POV:

I watched everything unfold behind a tree someways distance from the couple- I mean, friends. For some reason, that term didn't settle right on my tongue when describing those two. It was the wrong type of vocabulary. Yet, so was lovers. Confusing, I know.

To say everything went to plan wouldn't exactly be true. The candle lit diner with only one set of cutlery was certainly as perceived. But the lake incident, well, no one could have prepared us for that.

Bonnie stood to my right, tugging on the hem of my sundress every time either Ash or Serena did something cute. I still had Pikachu with me, clinging onto my sounder and seeming to enjoy the show as much as Bonnie and I. The little girl was hyped up on excitement, whereas I stayed silent, looking on and feeling rather detached. It was perfect, I knew it was. It was meant to be perfect. Meant to. And I kept trying to persuade myself that it was, however deep down, I felt differently. It was small, and somehow awkward, displaced. But I couldn't seem to figure out exactly what the problem was.

Then I remembered my strange outburst during the lesson Ash and I had earlier in the day, the way I left without much utterance. I was confused, that's all it was. I made a point about someone you love pushing you to be stronger, and yes, it was true I got stronger because of Ash. But I had also concluded that idiots can make you stronger too. There was no way I could like Ash. He simply helped me thrive cause I didn't want be suck behind an imbecile much longer.

And at was my amazing conclusion.

"We should go, leave these two love birds on their own." I suggested, looking down at the blonde little girl and starting to retreat from our hiding spot.

"But I want to see what happens!" She cried, making me jump in fright and I could've sworn the couple enjoying diner would hear her.

"It's not our place to spy. Come on, your bother is waiting for you." I told Bonnie while taking her hand and beginning to drag her away from the scene.

"Aww, you're no fun." She whined, slowly but surely, following me out of Luminous park. Then I dropped her at the city gym to see her brother, who welcomed with open arms. Then I was alone, walking the streets of a famous city with only Pikachu for company. I checked into a room at the Pokemon center, something Serena had instructed me to do earlier in the day.

So Pikachu and I feel asleep, in a room for three people, only occupied by one. And a half.

_____________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...
181K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
175K 4.9K 31
•~•~•~•An Amourshipping Fanfic•~•~•~• •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...
709K 9K 108
Ash Ketchum, with Pikachu and the rest of his Kalos team (except for Goodra & Greninja), return home to Pallet Town, where his former travelling comp...