The Rogue's Mate

By CeCeAnnT

Alpha's aren't all that. Trust me. More

The Rogue's Mate
Eyes Of A Killer.
Always.
Playing With Fire.
True Or False.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
Purgative.
Painting & Plotting.
Blackmail At It's Best.
Party Gone Wrong.
Trouble On The Horizon.
Somebody I Used To Know.
Ricochet.
Mind Over Matter.
The Devil In Disguise.
Wide Awake.
Dancing With Danger.
Portraying Innocence.
Kiss Me Slowly.
Speak.
She Will Be Loved.
If I Die Young.
Misery Loves Company.
Seven Nation Army.
The A Team.
Love & Be Loved.
Forgive & Forget.
The Truth.
In The End.
Rogues on the Run - The sequel is up!

Expect The Unexpected.

99.1K 2.2K 284
By CeCeAnnT

This has not been edited. But I still hope you enjoy. :P             

---------

                                               Anna had told me that someone had caught the fight that Liam and Adam had at the party on their camera.

And that they had uploaded it on the web.

Of course, I was so curious to see what happened. What they said, and how badly Liam really kicked Adam's ass.

And here I lay, at 3 AM, contemplating turning on my computer and watching the video. I wouldn't even have to go out of my way and search for it, Anna had already emailed the link to me.

It's stupid. But the temptation grows for the next thirty minutes, then I can't take it anymore and I spring up from my bed and walk over to my computer.

I take a seat and sigh, rolling my mouse and watching the computer hum to life. I'm partly blinded by the bright light that floods the room, but I ignore it quickly and click right onto the Internet.

I go to my email to find the mail Anna was talking about, I roll my eyes when I see the message above the link.

Have fun drooling over Liam as he pummels Adam's face in!

xx, Anna.

I type back a quick reply and press the link. It pops up to a whole different website and I watch in awe as Liam and Adam appear on the screen.

I can barely make out their words to one another when all I hear is the hollering from the crowed screaming, "Fight!"

But finally, everyone goes quiet when Liam shoves Adam.

Adam stumbles, and catches himself before he can fall down. "So what? You're gonna beat me up just to somehow impress Ronnie and win her over? Looks like you have way bigger problems then I thought."

"You have no idea." Liam sneers and I'm shocked to see how angry he looks. With his face twisted in anger, his muscles clenched and ready to fight, and his eyes.. his eyes are different. They aren't the welcoming green I'm use to.

They're dark, though I can't make out the exact color since the camera shakes massively. But I'm able to see Liam draw his fist back and send a punch right to Adam face.

That's when all chaos breaks out.

Everyone shouts, screams, gasps. But the sound that really catches my attention, is Adam's guttural screams of pain.

And the satisfying crunch that sounds when Liam lands a blow to Adam's nose. But it doesn't stop Adam's never ending remarks. "You don't deserve her," Adam rasps. "You don't deserve Ronnie."

This doesn't calm Liam's already raging anger. Instead it only propels him forward with the beating he's giving Adam.

Liam hurls Adam up from the ground, grabbing him by collar of his shirt and slamming him up against a near wall, his eyes narrowed and hard. "Say her name one more time and I'll break your fucking arm."

His words - even though they're not directed at me - make me flinch. Especially since it's the first time I've ever heard him talk so.. sadistic, I suppose.

Adam doesn't even seem phased by the statement, He smiles, blood dripping down the side of his mouth and splattering against the floor. "Why? Are you jealous that she's mine? That she can never be yours?"

Liam jerks Adam away from the wall, only to slam him against it twice as hard. I'm pretty sure I can even hear the wall crack. "She's not yours," Liam says quietly. So quietly and lethal that it's much more scarier then him screaming. "She's not yours to have. Nor will she ever be," Liam pauses, pressing his lips together. "If I see you touch her, I'll make sure to not only break your arm, but every fucking limb. We clear?"

Adam doesn't reply. He simply shrugs, wearing the same taunting smile. Liam obviously has every intention to wipe that smirk clear off of his face. He does when he whines his fist back and sends one last fatal punch at Adam's face.

One that probably caused that massive black eye.

Adam slumps limp against the wall, now only with a grimace coating his features. Liam's pleased by this, since he backs off, leaving Adam to support himself.

But Adam can't. He's obviously in too much pain, since he falls to the ground with a groan. People, - really only girls - go sprinting to his side, shouting his name.

And with that, Liam turns, not sparing Adam another glance and walks off. He doesn't even have to shove his way through the crowd. They all part and let me walk to the door smoothly, probably to afraid to stand in his way.

Then Liam disappears out the door and the last image that you see is the blood on the floor. Adam's blood.

Then the screen goes black.

And I'm left to stare it with parted lips and a mask of confusion. What just happened?

I have no clue. No exact clue. I can't even seem to comprehend the fact that Liam just kicked Adam's ass. And all because of me.

Maybe Liam really did live up to his name. He was dangerous. And I bet if he wanted, he could have easily snapped Adam's neck.

I could imagine he would if it weren't for the group of humans watching the scene intently. That would surely make national headlines the next day.

"Teenage boy get's his neck snapped and all because of a girl!"

 That would just be lovely.

I groan and shake my head as if to rid myself of the thoughts, then I slowly drag myself back to bed, tugging the sheets up under my chin with a sigh and closed my eyes.

I don't get a wink of sleep that night. Or well, those three I attempted to sleep.

I would doze in and out of consciousness, each time awakened by a new dream. Or nightmare. Mostly they consisted of Liam, the fight, and Alpha Beckett. Yeah, he even threatened me in my dreams too.

And when morning comes, I'm in no mood to go to school. Yet I get up, get dressed, braid my hair, and suddenly before I know it I'm on my way to school.

Though I grumble how I hate my life the entire time.

When I arrive with minutes to spare, I rush to my locker and yank out my books, ready to turn and run to class when I see Anna.

Though, what's different about her today, is that she isn't coming over here to come talk to me. Or even nag at me about my clothes.

Instead she walks with Kara and Mandy, throwing her head back and laughing at something Kara says.

Anna doesn't even like Mandy, I think meekly, watching her past me down the hall without even looking in my direction.

She just loops arms with both girls and practically skips off to class with them, smiling.

I can't ignore the pang of pain that echoes through my chest and without even noticing what I'm doing, I reach up and cover my hand across my chest, just over my heart.

What was Anna doing with them?

Had she really just ditched me for the popular group? The people she had only just really talked to a week or two ago?

That wasn't the part that confused me the most. It was the fact she was hanging out with Mandy.

Mandy, the bitch who made snarky comments about the two of us not too long ago. Had she forgotten about that?

She was just like everyone else, I think, all she ever wanted was popularity. Not to be my friend.

I swallow roughly, and push away the thought. Anna wouldn't do that to me. Anna was my friend. My friend for two years.

She wouldn't just ditch me for Mandy and Kara, girls she just met two weeks ago, right?

The scary part was that I honestly didn't know the answer to question.

Maybe I was just over reacting, I mean, she can have more friends then just me. It's not a crime. I just wished she would have picked another group of people to be friends with rather then my pack.

I didn't even know why Mandy and Kara were hanging out her. Last time I checked, Mandy didn't even like to hang out with humans. Especially at school.

She was probably angry. Angry that I had "stolen" Adam from her. Now she simply wanted to repay the favor, by stealing Anna, my best friend, away from me.

I bet once they accomplished that, and Anna stopped fully talking to me, they'd dump her.

I just hoped Anna wouldn't put herself in that situation. She was smarter then that. Right?

Again, another question I couldn't answer.

I just pray I won't lose my best friend.

Sighing, I close my locker and head in the opposite direction of where Anna had gone, the feeling of betrayal setting in my stomach.

                             The morning seems to drag on. And it's probably because of the fact the whole time Liam and I seem to be having some sort of stare off with one another.

We don't say anything to one another. All we do is exchange nervous glances and coy smiles. Though he's mostly the one who sends me a smile, I just stare at him with parted lips.

Now that I look at him, I just imagine seeing that same hate-filled expression on his face like he had in the video.

And it's not like I can help it.

I just find myself questioning who Liam really is. And why he was claimed to be a murderer. My mind lingers on to the thought to why he had even come here.

I mean, he had to know the Purgatory pack hung around here. It was like asking for trouble. Though I'm pretty sure Liam's middle name was trouble.

I guess I just wanted to know his motives behind it all. I wanted to know who Liam was, but that would mean growing close to him.

And I couldn't afford to that.

It'd be setting myself up for heartbreak. In just two months, I'd have to mate with Adam - that is, if I can't get out of it - And if that were to happen, It would be painful. Even more painful if I really knew Liam then and liked him. Perhaps even loved him.

Love.

When had that come into my vocabulary? I would never love Liam. Because I wouldn't get to know him.

I would get out of my mating with Adam, run away, and never look back. Never give Liam the chance to win my heart.

And that was final.

With a new sense of determination and promise, I make my way to the lunch room slowly and find my place in line.

I quickly pay for my food and scan the cafeteria, seeing Anna at Adam's table. Though this time she doesn't ignore me.

She sees me and feverishly waves me over with a smile. As she does that, Mandy and Kara give her a look of disapproval.

And as much as I would love to go over and sit with them, I don't. Especially when I see Adam there. After that conversation with his mom, it's far to awkward to talk to him without feeling uncomfortable.

So instead, I shake my head at her and turn away before she can respond. I walk over to our old table and hesitantly sit down, eyeing the scrawny boy that sits there as well.

Minutes past and I contemplate heading over to Adam's table, since the kid just stares at me the whole time. Or well, more like stares at my chest.

I knew I shouldn't have worn a V-neck, I think meekly and try to causally cross my arm over my chest. His eyes never waver.

And it doesn't help when I can feel everyone's eyes on me, practically burning holes into my freaking back.

I bet they're just questioning if Adam and I have "broken" up. Since I had told him not too long ago to go screw himself. I can only imagine.

I manage to gather up the courage and look around; the first thing I see is Liam. Standing just at the lunch line, paying for his food.

And immediately when he turns away after he pays, his eyes land on me.

I suck in a sharp breath, taking in his flawless appearance. Though he's dressed casually, just in a pair of jeans and black shirt, he still amazes me.

He appears as if he's some type of model, and I wonder why the Gods had paired me up with him. I wasn't strikingly beautiful, nor was I ugly, I was just.. Ronnie.

And Liam was just bloody breath taking.

And he was walking over here.

I panic slightly when he starts to make his way over; I abruptly turn and reluctantly face the scrawny boy.

I cross my arms over my chest - Clearly not helping by taking the kid's attention off of my breasts - and tuck away a loose strand of hair, almost nervously.

Maybe I should get up and leave.

 I really do contemplate getting up and making a run for it, mostly because I could only imagine what people would say if they saw me with Liam, but I can't. I don't even get the chance since Liam drops his tray right next to me.

I don't look at him, instead I sightly raise my head up enough to see the boy - which name is now Perv, since, well he is a perv for staring at my chest - is shaking madly. I'm not surprised when he I notice he's not watching my chest, but Liam.

My eyes dart to Liam for a minute to see he was fiercely glaring at Perv. Why is Liam glaring at the kid? Perv isn't really competition. Nor someone to be jealous of.

It isn't even minutes into the stare contest that the kid scampers off, not sparing another glance towards the table.

Though I'm glad he's gone, it still leaves me with Liam.

The first thing that comes into mind once the kid is completely out of sight is, run.

And I try to, really, I do. But it's as if Liam sees my intentions, since he clamps his hand down on my thigh, keeping me in place.

I swallow roughly at the sudden contact. I can just feel the heat of his hand burning through the thin lair of denim.

I squirm, hoping he'll get the message and release me, but he doesn't. He leaves his hand there, obviously not the least bit annoyed because of moving around.

When I notice it's not going to work, I clasp my hand over his, ignoring the tingles and trying to yank his hand off relentlessly.

Not once does his grip on my thigh budge. I whip my head around to glare at him, only to realise he's been watching me this whole time with a sly smirk twitching at the corner of his mouth.

I narrow my eyes at him and pull at his hand. He knows that I want him to remove his hand, yet he doesn't do it.

Probably because he finds me getting angry funny. Jerk.

"Remove your hand," I manage to utter slowly.

He shakes his head defiantly, now with a full blown out smirk on his face. "I'm afraid if I do you'll try to make a run for it."

"Obviously," I say, with an edge to my voice. "I'm not one bit interested in chatting with you."

"That's a shame," He murmurs, "Because I wanted to talk to you. About the formal ball."

I stiffen slightly at his words, "How do you know about the formal ball?"

He doesn't reply, instead with his free hand, he digs into his back pocket before placing a folded up piece of paper in my hand.

My eyebrows furrow and I glance up at him for a minute, before for slowly unraveling the paper to see it's the flyer.

The same exact one Adam had showed me. "How did you get this?" I ask, rubbing out the creases in the paper to see it more clearly.

"I got it from your bag." He says it so casually, so composed, as if it's the most normal thing ever. But it's not.

It was invading my privacy, I mean, who goes through someone's bag without their permission? "You went through my bag?"

"No," He replies, leaning back in his chair. "I just simply put my hand in your bag and pulled that flyer out."

"That's called going through my bag." I say, shaking my head at him.

"Not really."

"Yes it is!" I screech, "Either way, you had no right to look through my stuff!"

"It's not like you had anything personal in there," He shrugs, "Just sketches. Who's the girl on the front page?"

I frown, why had he gone through my sketch book? Why had I even left it in my bag?

I shuffle around in my seat, suddenly feeling a little too hot for my liking. And it didn't really help my nerves with him touching me.

I don't reply. I don't think I can. Mainly because that girl on the first page of my sketch book is my mom. And I can only imagine the following questions that will come after if I did tell him.

My mom wasn't my favorite subject, that's why most people didn't even know she was dead. And that's how I intended to keep it.

I didn't want anyone's pity. Nor did I want them to question how she died, mainly because I couldn't even tell them the real reason.

It had to do with the pack.

Another problem that Alpha Beckett had caused, I think bitterly.

I'm reminded that I'm not alone when I feel Liam squeeze me thigh, 'causing me to look up at him. He wears a questioning gaze, lifting a eyebrow at me. "Well?"

"It's no one," I mutter, "And what about the ball? Are you planning on crashing it?"

"That'd be like a death wish," He replies.

"Because of all the packs that are going to be there, right?" I ask.

"Yeah," He nods, a smile playing at his lips. "Maybe I should go just to see what happens."

I scoff, shaking my head. "That would be incredibly idiotic," I say, "Then again, you're practically the definition of idiotic. So good luck."

I knew Liam was just joking, yet I still worried. Liam was unpredictable, and I wasn't able to read him. Maybe he wasn't joking. Maybe he was serious.

No way, Liam couldn't be that stupid. I mean, he was the number one rogue in all of America practically.

He must have to think out all his actions in order not to get caught, right? Obviously. If he was stupid, he would have been dead by now.

Liam was definitely more than just a pretty face.

"And you're the definition of rude." He counters, "Besides, I always love crashing a good party."

His words make me think of the video I had saw just last night. The fight. The look on his face. I shudder involuntary, "Yeah, I noticed."

He doesn't even need to question me on why I've suddenly become stiff or anything, instead he says, "So you saw the video?"

"Yeah." I mumble and focus my attention on playing with my leather bracelet.

My answer doesn't waver his attitude. He keeps his eyes on my face, making me squirm further. "I didn't mean to lose control like that. Your words just.."

"Made you angry?" I suggest, my eyes darting to him. It's then I realize how close we are. And how comfortable it all feels.

I can't find the strength to tell him to back off. I'm scared if I do he'll get up and walk off, leaving me confused. Like he practically always did.

Liam was a mystery. And I really wasn't one of those people who would want to take their time slowly unraveling the truth. I didn't want to be around the bush, I wanted answers.

"Yeah," He replies, his eyes slowly dragging away from mine to stare at a invisible spot on the wall. "Those were the same words someone I use to know said to me. It struck a nerve, I guess."

"Someone else said that to you?" I ask, titling my head and examining his face.

His jaw clenches, his muscles bunching and his eyes hard. "It doesn't matter."

"It seems like it does," I prompt, pressing the subject further on. "Who said that to you?"

"No one," His voice is hoarse and dry, "Forget I said anything. It was stupid."

I notice it's not best to carry on this conversation. Especially not with everyone's eyes on us, so I nod and whisper, "Okay. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For screaming at you that night at the party," I drawl and bite down on my lip, "I'm just frustrated. Everything around me is spiraling down wards and I don't know how to control it."

"You can't really control the unexpected." He says, "All you can do is live with it."

I nod, though I cock a eyebrow at him. "When did you become so deep?"

He laughs softly at that, bowing is head and 'causing his unruly brown hair to fall into his green eyes. I suck in a breath at his appearance, meeting his gaze. "I'm not exactly sure." He replies, though I'm not really paying attention to his words.

He was a complex man.

Just from that small conversation, I felt as if I knew him better. Yet I really didn't. It didn't answer any of my looming questions, well, all except one.

Liam had definitely been hurt. I mean, what did he mean someone had said to me what I had that night of the party?

Someone else had told him they didn't like him. Need him. Want him.

I just wondered who. Whoever did, obviously made a big impact on his life. And I wanted to know what about this person made Liam tick.

I just wanted to know Liam, period.

I couldn't fight the attraction I felt towards him, it was literally impossible. Especially because of our bond.

Sure, I told myself I wouldn't let myself grow close to him, yet I was. And I didn't - couldn't - stop myself from it happening.

The temptation was too much. And could anyone really blame me?

"I should go," Liam says, bringing me out of my thoughts. "I needed to swing by Ms. J's room anyway."

My lips part in questioning, but he ignores it. He pulls his leg off my leg and stands up. Before he walks off, he shrugs off his leather jacket and throws it to me. I catch it clumsily, my eyebrows furrowing.

I don't get the chance to ask him what the jacket is for, since he says, "I don't like people looking at what's mine."

I'm utterly confused and he seems to be okay with that, because he walks off a minute later. With a frown, I turn and stare down at my plate.

What did he mean?

I rake my brain for possibility's, till it suddenly dims on me. The kid! Perv!

Liam had given me the jacket so I could cover up my chest and ward off anymore guys like that pervy kid. That's why Liam was glaring at him as well. Because he had also noticed the guy staring at my chest.

I shake my head, a small smile sliding onto my lips. "Liam, you jealous idiot."

                                         Later that day, when I went to the art room, I noticed how two things were missing. First, Liam, and my painting of Liam.

It had been completely removed off the wall and I wondered what had happened to it. I asked Ms. J and she quickly replied, "You'll see soon enough, dear."

Her words made me worry. Mainly because I had no idea what was to come.

She had also informed me that Liam had to go do something, so today I was working by myself. I simply shrugged and said, "Whatever." As if I didn't care. But secretly, I did.

Now that I had that conversation with Liam, I wanted to speak with him more. Perhaps even casually. Though I doubt it, our conversations were never normal.

Probably because neither Liam nor I were normal.

I quickly finished up in the art room and made my way home at five. I took my time, seeing as I really didn't want to face Alpha Beckett or Adam. But I couldn't avoid them any longer, and I didn't intend to. I didn't want to show them I was afraid or that they had some sort of power over me, so I braced myself as I walked into the clearing.

Lucky enough for me, none of them were in sight.

My joy is short lived when I hear the slam of a door. I flinch and turn in the direction of the sound to see Adam and Alpha Beckett right behind him storming out of their house.

"You can't do that, dad! That's taking it way too far!" Adam screeches and stops, turning his father. Completely oblivious to the fact I'm standing only a few feet away.

"I can and I will!" Alpha Beckett retorts angrily, "She crossed the line. That rogue crossed the line. So one of them has to pay for it. Don't you realize that?"

She crossed the line?

I know who they're talking about. Liam and I. My throat suddenly feels tight and dry as I stare at the both of them. One of them has to pay.

And I knew who that person was going to be. Me.

"Don't do it," Adam pleads, "Tell them it's not true. Tell them you lied."

"No," Alpha Beckett says, with a simple shake of his head. "Besides, everything will go according to plan. Don't worry."

"But I am!" Adam yells, failing his arms around madly. "This is Ronnie we're talking about! The girl I-" He cuts himself off, pressing his lips together while shaking his head. "Don't do it."

Alpha Beckett doesn't show mercy on him. Nor me for the matter. All he does is stare down at his son before his eyes dart to me, suddenly aware of my presence.

And Adam follows his gaze.

His face masks horror as he watches me. I gaze back at him with narrowed eyes, making it obvious I've heard.

Slowly, my eyes cast to Alpha Beckett's, who stares at me with a blank expression on his face. I glare at him.

I hate him. I hate him so much.

And all this just confirms it. Adam is just like his father. His first words give it away, that's taking it way to far.

He had to know about his father black mailing me. He had to know all these weeks of what his father was forcing me to do.

I just wondered what suddenly made him declare that his father was taking the situation too far. Personally, I thought blackmailing me was already "taking it too far".

"Ronnie-" He begins, but I don't give him the time of day.

I turn and walk off to my house, not giving him another word, or look.

And that's how it remains. I lock myself in my house the whole night, refusing to even glance out my window. Adam nerves comes to try and explain what I had witnessed. Instead he leaves me in the dark.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

I was secretly scared of what was to come. Whatever it was, I would take it and deal with it. Because I had no other choice, right?

I did. I could tell Liam. He could help me.

It's a stupid idea, yet I ponder it. I had a brief conversation with him for what, twenty five minutes and now I was questioning telling him this?

I shouldn't anyway. I was afraid Liam might snap and go after Adam and give him another beating. Then surely Alpha Beckett would put me in a casket.

Or perhaps Liam.

Or Anna.

My chest tightens at the thought and I know right then I can't tell him anything. I have to keep quiet for not my own sake, but Anna and Liam's.

Just because Anna had ditched me today to chat with Mandy and Kara, didn't mean I was about to turn my back on my best friend. And I was sure Anna wasn't about to do that either.

She wouldn't ditch me for them. Anna wouldn't throw away two years of friendship for Mandy and Kara. Anna was smart. She'd realize they were using her soon enough.

Besides, It's not like she'd been ditching me the whole weekend or week for them or anything. We talked practically daily.

One day of hanging out with someone else doesn't mean anything. I just needed to stop freaking out about everything.

But I definitely needed to find a way of getting out of Alpha Beckett's wrath.

That night, when I try to sleep, I can't. And it seems to becoming a major habit of mine. I toss and turn and eye Liam's leather jacket that laid on my desk.

Finally, after about a hour of not getting any sleep, I slip out from under my sheets and grab the jacket. I bring it up slowly to my nose and inhale it's woodsy scent. The exact scent Liam always had.

I rub my hand over the cold leather before I finally slide it on. It's big, mainly because of the height difference and muscle difference between the two of us, but it's still comfortable.

I don't even feel stupid for wearing it. I simply slide back into bed, wrapping the jacket fully around me and closing my eyes with a content sigh.

Goodnight, Princess.

It's his voice that I hear through our connection. I'm too tired to jump or scream at the sound of his voice. But I really did forget we even had that mind link or whatever it's called.

Goodnight Liam, I reply. And then I drift off to sleep, completely forgetting about today's events.

And what's to come in just a matter of days.

------

Sorry if this chapter was boring, guys. But I finally updated!

I tried to earlier, but every time I sat down to write someone always just came out of nowhere and interrupted me. So, sorry for the wait.

Just sorry for everything. xD

Make sure to comment, vote, and fan if you like. Or want to. Whatever. :P

I'm only 20 fans away from 1,000 fans, which is pretty crazy! Thanks to all you guys who supported me and such. And let's see who my 1k fan is. :D

And check out my new story! Called, "Testing Fate" Okay, that's all. :P

Until next time, (Which hopefully will be soon)

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.6K 25
Third story ;)
853K 27.1K 34
Whisper Rayne is not a happy camper and neither is her wolf. She has to move to California with her family because they want her to have new opportun...
996 182 31
Book One of Howl series •-----------------------------------------------------• "She looks at with me shock "What the fuck was that!" She said "Why...
5.7K 200 27
This wolf has a sweet tooth Just read !