The Chase ▹ Ashton Irwin

By bubblesirwin

"Welcome to the chase. Might as well just call it Hell." cover by @Iucifer More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN
CHATER FOURTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE
CHAPTER EIGHTY SIX
CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT
CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE
CHAPTER NINETY
CHAPTER NINETY TWO
CHAPTER NINETY THREE
CHAPTER NINETY FOUR
CHAPTER NINETY FIVE
Author's Note

CHAPTER NINETY ONE

112K 2K 3K
By bubblesirwin

"I can't believe we're doing this." Ashton laughed as he scrolled his finger down my phone.

"It was your idea." I giggled, cuddling deeper into his chest. I shut my eyes, and slowly breahted in the smell of fresh laundry from his tshirt.

"What the fuck do I even look up?!" His laugh filled his bedroom.

"Oh my god," I laughed, snatching my phone out of his hands. "Do you even know any cities in this country besides Las Vegas?"

"Psh, of course I do," Ashton defended. I looked up at him to see him flashing me a sly smile. "There's like, LA...and, and New York-"

"Those are the two most populated cities!" I said, sitting up and trying to contain my laughter.

"Shut up!" Ashton laughed, sitting up as well to lean over and wrap his arms around my waist. He pulled me back onto him, both of us cracking up. "You didn't even let me finish. Uh...Houston-"

"I'm done with this."

"-SACRAMENTO-"

"ASHTON." I said, my laughter starting to pick up again.

"-OKLAHOMA-"

"THAT'S A FUCKING STATE!"

Ashton bursted out in laughter, leaning back with his eyes squinted shut. I joined him, even though we probably look like complete idiots right now. "Oh god it isn't even that funny."

"It's really not," I replied, covering my hand over my obvious smile. I grabbed my phone off the matress, and pulled up a new tab. "So Ashton, would you like a whole detour?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, sitting up and propping himself up on his elbows to look at me. His messy morning hair fell over his eyes, which he flipped out of the way with one flick if his head.

"Like..." my voice trailed off and I pursed my lips, thinking of how to explain what I was thinking. "Oh! I got it, we'll just drive up the coast."

"Okey doke," Ashton chirped, sitting up and leaning to me to peck my lips a couple times. He looked over to the clock, squinting his contact-less eyes to read. "Well then we should probably get going."

"What? Now?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Well, yeah," He shrugged. "It's been almost like, a week, hasn't it?"

I sat back on my heels, and thought about it. It actually has been almost a week. The fight we got in wth my parents was last Saturday, and now it was Thursday. I had spent every night at Ashton's, only going into my house once to grab a couple outfit changes while it was the time of day that both my parents were at work. For the past 5 days or so...I've slept here, woken up here, ate here, went to school from here, and basically never left Ashton's side.

I...I couldn't leave his side; I would get scared again.

We decided to skip school today, not that it was that big of a deal. I had easy classes anyways, right? My thoughts faded as I looked over to Ashton, who eyed me with an encouraging smile.

"This is really crazy." I laughed, grabbing Ashton's hand and getting up off the bed. It was only 9:00 am at the moment, and it only takes like, 5 hours to get to where I want to go. As I opened the door with Ashton right behind me, my heart sank and my stomach dropped at the sight of Ashton's grandmother in the kitchen. She was cooking something, and her eyes shot over to us with a look of alarm.

"Ugh, you startled me," she sighed. After a couple moments, she narrowed her eyes at us. "Wait, why aren't you at school?"

I curled my lips in to keep me from saying anything stupid, and I looked up at Ashton to see him doing the exact same thing. "Uhhh..." He spoke up after a few seconds, but his voice just trailed off. He walked infront of me, taking my hand in his as we walked further into the main room. "Well," He began. "That's a really good question, Gram!"

"Ashton." She said suspiciously. She eyed him, as he leaned against the bar counter with his chin resting on his knuckle.

"Yes?" He said innocently. I tried not to laugh.

"Answer the question!" She said frustratedly.

"Okay okay!" Ashton replied. "So...basically...ugh, okay fine. We uh, need to go to somewhere for like, a few days."

"A few days?" His grandmother repeated. "Wait, where? Why?"

"Um," Ashton replied, his eyes darting around the room. He looked down at me, his eyebrows raised. "Brooke, here, needs someone to take her to California...." His voice trailed off once again, and he shot me a look that said 'I need a little help, here.'

I glanced over to Ashton's grandmother, and her eyes were wide with surprise. "...To...look at colleges!" I finished.

"Yes! Exactly!" Ashton played along, an overly-excited tone to his voice.

"Isn't it a little early?" She said, crossing her arms over her chest. She didn't look really convinced.

"Pft, not at all!" Ashton lied. "It's like, a good thing to do nowadays. Like, juniors always start looking at colleges this early." He squeezed my hand, and I looked up at him to see he was genuinely trying not to laugh. I probably looked the same way.

"Well why aren't you?" His grandmother persisted.

"I'm not going to college, remember?" He replied, raising his eyebrows.

"California? Really?" She sighed.

"I just really want to go to UCLA." I told her. I felt a little bad for lying to her, but oh well. I really hate this place, and now that I've been thinking about this it sounded really fun. Ashton's grandmother was quiet for a couple moments, and Ashton looked at her with innocent eyes and big smile on his face. She looked around the room, her lips pursed together.

"Well why don't her parents-" she spoke up, but her voice was ceased as soon as I felt Ashton's grip on my hand grow tighter. I looked up at him, and he was now glaring at her with a look that said 'remember what I told you?'

I wonder why he was looking at her like that. I know I've been staying here for almost a week, which is probably a little too long...but she hasn't said anything about it. I know she likes me and stuff, and I'm always respectful and nice and everything, but she hasn't addressed the fact that I have literally been glued to Ashton's side since last weekend.

My memory went back to the night I found out everything, where I had come crying to Ashton in the middle of the night and stayed here once again. Though it was very vague, I can still remember waking up in the middle of the night and hearing Ashton's voice say 'our home? Might as well call it her home as well.'

Maybe she did know what was up. Which didn't bother me at all, because I think she gets it.

"Alright," She finally sighed. Ashton and I instantly both said "yessss" under our breaths. Well shit, that was easy. She looked over to Ashton, her eyebrows raised. "I swear to god Ashton I don't want you to pull any of your little schenanigans while I'm not around-"

"I'm not!" He said. "Honest. You trust me, right? Brooke does. Right Lovey?"

"Of course I do," I replied, looking up at him and poking one of his dimples.

"Where are you staying? Do you need money?" Ashton's grandmother went on, her questions coming out quite fast. She looked a little worried and concerned, and it reminded me a lot of how Ashton can be sometimes. I guess it runs in the family.

But, then again, they're the only source of family either of them have left.

I told her our plan, and I told her I could get money. I didn't really have that much with me, but I had a pretty good idea as to how to get some before we go.

...

About half an hour later, Ashton walked out of his bedroom. He wore a dark red and black flannel, the usual skinny jeans, and his torn up pair of converse. He tossed his backpack over to me as he shook his damp hair out, and I guessed everything we would each need for the weekend would be packed in backpacks.

"I called the motel while you were in the shower," I informed as I watched him grab his keys off the counter. As gross as Motel 6's are, I found one that was close to the beach I wanted to take him too, and it was cheap as fuck.

"You're the best." Ashton smiled, taking my hand and pecking me on the cheek. He opened the door, and held it open for me. I spun around and rested my back against the railing of the outdoor hallway, and watched as Ashton closed the door behind him and locked it. He turned on his heels, flashing me a sinister smile.

"You and me?" He asked, bringing his arm over my shoulders.

"You and me." I replied, looking up at him as we walked to get to his car. We locked lips for a couple seconds, before we both broke into a run to get the hell out of here as fast as we could.

...

*Ashton's POV*

We pulled up to Brooke's house, and I couldn't stop the lump from forming in my throat. I gulped, but that still didn't help the uneasy feeling that I had. I haven't really been here since I kinda lost it infront of my own girlfriend's parents...and I'm not really fond of this big house.

"Both of your parents are gone, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. They have work," Brooke replied, looking over to me. She smiled, which instantly made my mucles relax. Her smile is so pretty. "Come on."

"Okay," I nodded, getting out of the driver's seat. We jogged up the steps of her front porch and I waited as she dug through her pockets to find her house key. She opened the door, and we stept inside.

Instantly, I shuttered. Memories from the last time I was in this place flooded into my mind, and it pissed me off. A lot of things piss me off, but just thinking back to that whole situation made me sick. And the fact that her parents have not tried to contact Brooke once in 5 fucking days makes me sick as well.

Plus, all the things I said were a little uncalled for. Those words were supposed to stay inside my head, but I guess they had finally came out.

"Hello?" Brooke spoke up as we walked into the kitchen.

"Brooke?" Her little brother's voice replied. He was sat on the couch, and Brooke and I looked at each other with confused expressions on our faces.

"Why aren't you in school?" Brooke asked him.

"I had to go home," he shrugged. "I have a headache."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Brooke replied. She looked over to me once again. "I'll be right back."

"I'll be here." I replied, and I watched as she turned on her heels and ran to go upstairs. I turned back to the couch, and decided to sit down. Brooke's little brother looked over to me.

"Hey bud." I said, wondering if he knew about anything that's been going on.

"Hey," He replied. "Where has Brooke been?"

"Brooke? Well," I replied. "She uhh..she's been with me."

"Why?" He asked.

Well shit, I don't think he knows anything.

"It's weird," He kept talking. "Mom and dad haven't even spoken of her."

I couldn't help the pounding that started in my chest, and I felt my eyes widen. "Not once?" I asked, my voice a little more cowardly than before.

"No," He replied. "I've asked where she is...and they just said stuff like 'I don't know' and 'probably with her deadbeat boyfriend.' I don't know what that means."

Deadbeat. That's a new one.

"Oh," I squeaked, my heart sinking. "Your mum said that about me?"

"Yeah," Her little brother replied. "But I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, you protect my big sis, right?"

Why the fuck would Brookes mum say that about me? I fucking defended her ass last week, yet she's managed to call me a freak and a deadbeat. I've thought about this situiation a lot in these past days, but I could only come to one conclusion as to why Brooke's mother would take her father's side in the end.

I mean, it's pretty obvious. She's just scared.

"Of course," I replied. "And...and everything is okay? Everything good?"

"Mom and dad seem to be acting weird again, but that's pretty much it." he replied. We both went silent for a couple moments, and my eyes wandered around the room. I heard thumping upstairs, and I wondered what the hell Lovey was doing up there.

"Well, it'll get better." I spoke up, though I think I was lying. Brooke's little brother nodded, and he looked relieved. "And Brooke's with me, if you're ever wondering."

"Okay, thanks." He said. I turned as Brooke walked downstairs. Her hair was brushed out, and she changed into denim shorts and a white tanktop. She help a backpack over her shoulder, and she looked gorgeous as always. I got up, and too her bag from her. Shit, girl's pack so heavy sometimes.

"You okay here by yourself for a little?" Brooke said to her brother. He nodded, and he looked assured at what I had said to him, but I still felt bad. I know it sucks to be trapped in a house full of such false hope, but I didn't know what to do. Besides, what he doesn't know won't kill him, right?

"I'm sorry," she said to him. "But I'll be home soon."

"Okey doke." He shrugged, obviously very oblivious to what is really happening. I said goodbye to him, and I took Brooke's hand in mine as we walked back to the door. Thank god, this is actually happening, and I can finally get the fuck out of this town for a short while.

...

*Brooke's POV*

We pulled up to the bank, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" Ashton asked. "How much money do you even have here?"

"I don't," I replied, looking over to him with a smile. "But my father does."

Ashton's eyes widened a little, and after a couple moments later he had an evil smile on his face as well. "Brooke's a little devilish today."

"Well he's a bastard." I shrugged, which caused Ashton to crack up. I opened the door and stepped out, instantly annoyed by how fucking hot it is out here. It's a good thing California is hot, but not like this. Cali has perfect weather; Las Vegas has shitty weather.

I walked up to the ATM, and punched in the family code that gives me access to all the accounts. As bad is this is, I'm not gonna take that much. Besides, we have more than enough, and I don't care.

I clicked a few more buttons, and took out a fat wad of cash from the machine. I looked over to Ashton who stood behind me to see his eyes wide as he stared at the money.

"How much did you take?" He breathed.

"Three hundred dollars," I shrugged. "Let's go crazy."

...

As Ashton and I dorve down the Strip, towards the exit of the city, our idiotic and amusing conversations have died down. I watched as Ashton put big black sunglasses over his eyes, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration to get us on the right road out of here.

"You look badass, babe." I said, a smile forming on my lips.

"Thanks, I try my best to be as punk rock as I can." Ashton replied with a laugh. We took a few turns until we were off the Strip, and winding through some more roads to get where we needed to go. The car fell silent and I looked over to Ashton, who seemed to be very still as his stiff muscles turned the steering wheel. He looked pretty nervous, for some reason.

"Ash," I said.

"Mhm?" he replied. I was confused as to why he looked so uncomfortable, but my mind wandered off for a few seconds. I thought back to that time Ashton had told me he's never been out of this city. And, based on what he was saying before that, I knew why he seemed so off all of a sudden.

'So you don't talk to many people.' I had said.

'Not about the things that make me tick.' He had replied.

"The thing about the past..." I spoke up, finally getting why. Ashton looked over to me, his eyebrows furrowed. I reached over and grabbed my backpack, and dug through it. I pulled out a certain CD that a certain someone had made me, titled "Songs we can go on a roadtrip to." Ashton looked from me to the CD, an adorable smile forming on his face.

"...is that sometimes, you just have to forget about it." I finished with a smile back at him, and the look of understanding that flashed through his eyes was very reassuring. Ashton nodded, and we both rolled down our windows as I shoved the CD into the player.

"NOW DRIVE." I said, followed by a laugh.

"FUCK YOU VEGAS." Ashton howled, his smile so sincere and lively.

And, with one song after the next and both of us singing at the top of our lungs with the wind blowing through our hair, we were out of that city and one step closer to maybe getting some sanity into ourselves. Maybe we can forget about everything that has happened. Even if its just for a little while, I think it's all we need.

It's all I need, at least. I'm in love with him, what more could I want?

--------------------------

AN: hiii sorry for the filler but im having a little bit of writers block and the next chapters are going to be really cute and ashtons going to be very adorable and aw :-) okay thanks for reading and i know you hate this but ayy follow me on twitter ;))) @whirwin or add me on snapchat omg @ellena96

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 670 20
ashton irwin fanfic
964 26 16
4.7K 147 17
"It's the moments, like these, that keep me alive." Warnings: Self-harm, family issues, alcohol, depression, suicide