HIDDEN LOVE

By vaishali305

Story about two loving hearts A love story of a Cop and a Smart girl Credits for beautiful cover goes to:Gris... More

Hidden love
The cast for this story
Chapter-1
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
A/N
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
A/N
Thank you
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
5 more chapters
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Epilogue
Thank you soo much
New Story
LIT
New Book-New Series

Chapter-2

10.5K 390 22
By vaishali305

Preeti's Pov

I am truly clueless as what I was doing with him at that time,I kissed him,I still don't know how I gave it up to him at that second.

I can't deny the fact that I still love him and I can't mask my feelings any more because I know the truth behind his denial.Yet I am not fully satisfied with his words I know still there is something which he is hiding from me.

I creeped under duvet and slept for a long time,more than two hours to ease my pondering brain.It worked I felt somewhat relieved and saw three to four missed calls from mom.I bite my tongue,it is mom again.

"Hello"I looked at my phone with a sulky face.What should I say to her now?

"Mom!"I greeted her a bit sadly.

I am living here alone in a flat away from my parents and brother.I feel it's perfect chance for me to explore my life.

Basically I wanted to live alone to prove how strong I am to world.

"What happened dear?I was waiting for your call Preeti,What happened darling?Why are you so sad?"That's my mom,a single glance,a single word is enough for my mom to predict my feelings,my thoughts.

"Nothing Mom,I was busy with my work,What else?How are you all?When will you come here?Waiting for you."I lied as I don't want her to get worried about some unnecessary,useless stuff.

"Oh really?!"She said in her own pleasing tone trying to cheer up me,my sullen face
Such a sweetheart,I am lucky to have her.

"What about dad?How is he?Still worried about me?Busy in finding groom for me?"I still couldn't stop laughing at the thought.

Is it ever possible for him to find a groom for me who can suit my craziness.If I was same old Preethi It would have a very simple thing for him but now its just a Herculean task.

"Shut up!"Mom pretended to be angry

"Angry with me."I laughed.

"Ha ha!"She laughed with me,she can't stay angry with me for long time.

"Na!How could be I?I can't be angry with my doll but I am very sad to see your dad worried about you all the time"She sighed and continued.

"Please,Just think about your marriage once dear.You are happy and satisfied with the way your life is going right?Then what are you waiting for?"She questioned me in a serious tone.

"I am happy and satisfied with my life?you too agreed that"I said very gently.

"But you need someone who will stay with you in thick and thin.You need someone to hold your hand firmly just to make you feel happy by his simple smile.You won't know how it feels when some stands besides you and pats your back at your bad times.We all love you but there is someone who loves you more than himself,You need to find that guy"Her words are as sweet as her.

"Really?"I twisted my lips in diapproval thank god she can't see my face.If yes she would kill me for mocking her words.It's not like that I am feeling that her words are wrong but am I that much lucky?!

"Yes!"She said stubbornly.

"Am I that much lucky?"I asked her again.

"Yes,You are"She believes my luck more than my words.

"Haven't you see what had happened that day Mom?He knows me from my childhood,He knows what I am but he left me brutally on mandap like I was an alien.So please Mom!Don't force me to get married to a random heartless guy,Can you assure me that he won't leave my hand in future?"I sighed,stood up walked towards hall from my bedroom.

"It's not like that dear,Of course I can assure you that a guy is ther for you, he won't leave your hand at any horrified circumstance because once he started loving you with whole heart I know it's impossible for him to get away from you,he will do anything just to make you smile,It won't take a second for him to fell in love with you because you are such a sweetheart.You may look very tough from outside but once you get committed to a relationship it's hard to stop you from loving adoring that person.I am your mom and I am proud to say that this trait in you is the best thing a man can expect from a girl"She said something which truly surprised me,Am I such a good person?I laughed at that thought.Mom kept a lot of hopes on me.

"If I was that much sweet how would he leave me?"I said to myself.

"Okay mom!See you"I just cut the call abruptly as I don't want to discuss about it anymore.

I looked at the door as someone is ringing the doorbell.

Who may be it is?They are spoiling my mood.I looked at the clock and it's 2-30 PM.

I felt hungry for a second, walked towards the door faltering.

"Pizza mam!"I am surprised to see a pizz boy standing infront of me holding a box with a wide grin on his face.

"I didn't order anything?"I looked at him with a blank face.

"How much?"I asked him as I don't want to disappoint him.

"Sir paid for your order Mam!"He gave me the pizza box and left with in seconds.

"Sir!?"I just wanted to ask him but he vanished in few seconds.

"Sorry!I know you haven't ate anything,(A smilie)!Forgive me please!"I read a note is kept in that box.

Ahh!Varun!What does he think about himself?I looked at that box resisting my hunger.

Varun's Pov

I am waiting for her.It's just few hours before I met her but I am already feeling like I miss her a lot.I never thought about this,She almost solved the case.This time I am very much impressed by her.

"Hello!"I smiled at her soon I entered the restaurant.

"Why did you send me a Pizza?!"She placed a box infront of me.

"Why would I?"I smirked.

"I know you are the one who sent it to me."She pointed her forefinger at me.

"How do you know that it is me?"I raised my eyebrow smirking at her again.

"Who the hell out of this earth would annoy me like you?"She spat me with her words.

"Really?!How privileged I am to annoy a girl like you who is smart,beautiful and intelligent"I smiled for her words.

"Shut up!I can't spare these sort of indignation"She grabbed her handbag and took a step ahead.

I snatched her hand in the very next second and said looking into her eyes"I mean those words,You are intelligent,smart and beautiful girl,You truly deserve those words."I looked at her a bit seriously.

I truly mean those words.

"I am a fool to call you naive and childish but fact is that my actions were naive and childish"I said with the same sincerity, looking into her eyes.I didn't feel bad to accept my faults instead I felt very much relieved.

"Please,Don't go away!"I released her.

She didn't speak anything just occupied her seat without a word.Still she didn't look at me,I am expecting a glance?What more I can want?

"I feel I saw the number plate"She mumbled after a second.

"What?!"I felt happy that she is speaking to me again.

"What is that number?"I asked curiously.

"It's an average of the largest three digit perfect square and the largest three digit perfect cube. when divided by 5 it gives a perfect square"She said scribbling something on paper.

"What?!"I almost screamed at her answer,It doesn't mean I am angry with her but I am actually impressed with her explanation,I am literally gawking at her,I wonder how could she think as such?!

As far I know her she is not like this,this smart.

She used to ogle at me all the time but,I felt annoyed at my thought,I underestimated her,I am the one who is so naive,Probably I would have given her a chance,May be she was mature enough to understand the situation.I took a gulp of water quickly.

"Oh!That's great and the number is 8455,Which gives you a square 169 when we divide first three digits 845 with its last number 5!Are you sure its 5?Its him?"I asked her again.

"Yes!The number is 5,because I parked my bike in the fourth stand and he placed it in the fifth stand,So the last number is 5.I was waiting for mom and got bored that time and looked at the number plate 8455 which just dragged my attention.So I am sure.I was thinking about the issue last night and I accidentally came across this slip,Parking slip and I realised the fact that I appreciated the name plate much,See I wrote the number on this paper on a corner."She said giving me the slip pointing at a corner.

"That's great,We searched for him in CCtv's but didn't find any clue about him in it.We saw you there in CCtv parking your bike and screaming at a person while a guy running away.He purposefully kept the cctv's in an angle,it was a very much planned before.I later learnt that you called the ambulance from your mobile and the rest you know,the result is you are sitting before me sipping a coffee." I said.

"But why are you interested in this case?I know that you already found who the culprit is?and the reason behind this?but you want a witness,proof.I know" She looked at me seriously.

"Yes! I know the person who did this"I nodded.

"That's the thing!"She nodded finishing her coffee.

"May I know who it is?"She mumbled very hesitantly.

"Rajesh Mehra S/O Shri Brijesh Mehra, Respectable Member of Parliament" I said without looking at her.

"What?"She was totally baffled by my answer.

"Yes! He is the one behind everything, the mastermind. The robber whom you saw is a hired goon like any other by this fellow."I answered her question.

"If yes why did he leave me like that? I am the witness right?!"She felt worried for a second.

"He was instructed to rob the watchman nothing more. He knows he has to surrender one day or another why to complicate the issue by harming you.so he kept quiet."I answered her question.

"Oh my god!"She sighed.

"Why are you so stringent Varun? He is the son of a politician, an MP, Why to mess with him? They have power with them."She looked at me with a surprise on her face.

"What? What do you mean by that? What if he is a politician's son?"I asked her.

"What if he harms you?"She looked at me with concern.

"It is part of my profession and Doesn't worry, nothing would happen!"I assured her.

"Such a risky Profession! That's why I hate this job"I heard the same words from her which I heard on the day of our marriage even after two years. I heaved a sigh and continued.

"Every job is risky in one way or another but We are proud that we are serving people by dangling those stars on our shoulders,this is what I wanted to say on that day."I smiled a bit.

"Still, I am not convinced."She looked away.

"Tell me a thing? what do you hate? me or my profession?"I asked her.

"I hate both, you and your damn profession, I have seen lots and lots of corrupted people in your department, they just suckbpeople's blood for their happiness"She shocked by her words.

Sad, she hasn't changed at all,these were the words that made me walk away from mandap. I overheard her conversation with her brother, my BFF that night which compelled me to take such an extreme step.

"There are few sincere officers who gave their lives for society. Every Policeman is not corrupted there are few devoted people who love this profession more than their life" I said calmly. She didn't say anything but frowned.

"Just like you!"She muttered after a second.

"Thanks."I smiled heartily. She shook her head.

"Thanks again for helping me."I smiled at her as I know she doesn't want to talk about this anymore. She won't change. I felt very sad for a second.

"Not a problem"Her gaze couldn't meet my eyes.

"Let us go, It's not safe here, I don't want to give them any clue"I stood up.

I asked her to come to my flat or Vice versa but she wants to meet me only at a public place only, I can understand why so? and I can't ask her to come to P.S all the time as I know there are few people who are watching my movements like falcons.

I saw someone watching us from a corner. I checked my pocket and I know I can't forget my weapon. It became an organ, a part of my body.

He is trying to escape from my gaze. He is worried and snooping around. I took few steps hastily and caught him in time.

He is quite surprised by my move, I know he didn't expect this. He is holding a knife in his hand. Preeti who is standing beside me is looking at me frantically.

I punched his face hard with my gun but he got succeeded in harming me with that knife making a small cut on my right palm. He fell on floor bellowing, wincing in pain. I dragged him out clamping his collar and threw him in front of our men who are waiting there out for me for the past half an hour.

"Oh my god!"Preeti clasped my other hand so firmly.

"It's bleeding!"She caught my hand said looking at that wound.

"Let us go to the hospital!"She insisted.

"For this small cut" I laughed.

"Shut up!"She shouted at me.

"I can manage"I chuckled.

She didn't say anything but threw a fervent glance.

We walked to our car and She dressed my wound with the help of first aid kit in my car.

"Who was that?!"She looked into my eyes.

"Don't worry about him, I will take care of everyone"I assured her and drove her to her flat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 7.5K 56
Love story of two police officers Peep it to know more about it
10.1K 609 7
This book is based on my personal imagination of some scenes in Maddam Sir 🤫 . It will contain One shots (OS) or two shots (TS) of different episode...
158K 15.3K 55
Maahi was well-versed in the art of unrequited love. After all, she was quietly and hopelessly in love with Aarush all those years ago in college. Bu...
3.4K 335 19
PYAAR KI DOR- Bonded with love💞 Sequel of my story "Ishq tera Mera" You will wittness every relation Har rishte ka khatta mitha pyaar A story of a...