{Avenged} My Nightmare {Seven...

By emeraldrose187

Kathleen Seward is the little sister of Johnny Seward and the girlfriend of Jimmy until tragedy strikes. Over... More

{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold}
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [2]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [3]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [4]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [5]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [6]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [7]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [8]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [9]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [10]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [11]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [12]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [13]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [14]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [15]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [16]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [17]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [18]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [19]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [20]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [21]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [22]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [23]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [24]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [25]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [26]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [27]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [28]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [29]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [30]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [32]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [33]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [34]
{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [35]

{Avenged} My Nightmare {Sevenfold} [31]

1.4K 28 6
By emeraldrose187

I was upstairs digging in my closet for something to wear. It had been two weeks since the twins were born. Kathy still hadn't woken up and the twins were going to come home on Friday. Which was tomorrow. I sighed. I really needed to do laundry. I settled for a Metallica band tee that smelled clean enough and a pair of jeans that didn't have anything spilled on them. I grabbed my aviators as I heard a knock on the bedroom door. I whirled around.

"Val? What are you doing here?"

"I came to drive you to the hospital."

"I can drive myself."

"Matt, I know you. You probably haven't slept at all in the last twelve hours. We don't need to risk you having a car accident."

"I guess you're right."

"Alright are you ready?"

"Are you in a hurry to get rid of me?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Honestly yes. This place is a pigsty. We can't have the twins coming home to this so after I drop you off Linds is going to be supervising me and Chelle cleaning this mess up."

"You don't have to do that," I said feeling guilty.

"Matt, I want too. So does Chelle and Linds. We want to help you with Kathy and the twins."

"Thanks Val."

"No problem. Now let's get you to the hospital."

I laughed and we made our way to the car and then the hospital. The silence had become less awkward and more friendly over the last few months. I'm glad that she and Kathy hadn't lost their friendship over our relationship. I had felt so guilty at first every time things would get awkward between them.

"Thanks again Val. I know this hasn't been easy on you."

She smiled at me but I could see some distraction.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah...Matt?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you be upset if....well if Zacky and I made a more serious arrangement?"

"What?"

"We don't want to damage your friendship..."

"Val stop. If you and Zacky are happy together than that's all I ask. Just tell him if he hurts you we'll all kick his ass. I'm sure he knows but, you know, it never hurts to remind him." I flashed her a smile even though I did feel slightly uneasy.

"You're really sure?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you Matt," she smiled at me and I nodded before closing the door and heading into the hospital on auto pilot. I knew the way to the twins and Kathy's room by heart now. I was going to see the twins first so I could give my daily report to Kathy. They were out of the neo-natal ICU now and just in the regular nursery. I smiled at them through the glass. The nurse smiled at me before coming out.

"Hey I got Gloria to allow me to bring the twins up to Kathy's room today so if you want you can head on up and we'll be right behind you."

I grinned at her. "Thanks Denise."

"No problem. If the roles were reversed I would want someone to do the same for me and my family."

I nodded and headed up to Kathy's room. At first I paid no attention but as I got closer to her room I could not only see but hear the flurry of activity and it was all clustered around Kathy's room. I took off running. I pushed the people in the doorway out of my way.

"Kathy!"

"Yes Matt?"

"Kathy?"

"Yes Matt?" She said with a smile this time. I stared at her in surprise.

"Kathy...."

"I love you too Matt."

"You heard that?" I asked slowly making my way over to her and sitting on the bed beside her.

"All of it. Thank you for staying with me and updating me on the twins." she said with tears glimmering in her eyes.

I took her hands in mine and kissed her lightly.

"I wanted to stay with you all the time but they kept kicking me out every thirty-six hours."

Dr. Henderson cleared her throat behind us.

"We need to run a few more tests Mr. Sanders but if all goes well she'll be able to be discharged with the twins tomorrow."

We smiled at each other.

"Can I see them soon?" She asked eagerly.

Dr. Henderson looked at me with a glint of amusement.

"Well I need to take another tube of blood but then I think we can wheel the twins in here."

"Really?"

"Really," I said smiling at her.

She stuck her arm out and buried her face in my shoulder. I grinned at Dr. Henderson and she chuckled taking the vial of blood before putting a band aid over the spot.

"Alright, Denise and Clara will bring the twins in now."

Kathy's head shot up and I watched her eyes filling with love as the twins were wheeled in and then lifted out. I sat back on the bed beside her as they laid the twins in her arms.

Both smiled up at her immediately halting their fussy cries at the unfamiliar environment.

"They are so beautiful and perfect," she whispered.

"I know they get that from their mother."

She smiled up at me. "Right now flattery will get you everywhere Mr. Sanders."

"Just saying the truth. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have you three as my family." I leaned down and kissed her lips softly, mindful of the twins in her arms.

"So how bad is the house? Are we going to have to hire maids before tomorrow so the twins will know it's a house?" she asked as she watched the twins watching her.

"Uh," I rubbed the back of my neck, "its pretty bad but the girls are over there right now. Actually I should go call Johnny he'll want to be here too."

"Hurry back ok?" she said softly. I leaned over again and kissed her softly before gently caressing the twins cheeks.

"I will be right back."

I walked outside and dialed Johnny's number. He answered on the third ring.

"Oh my god what's wrong?!"

"Nothing. Your sister is awake and holding her twins."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"I'll be right there."

He hung up and I text the other guys letting them know as well. I knew they would all want to see her. Everyone had been on pins and needles the last two weeks. I went back to Kathy's room just as I had promised to find her twinless and looking sad.

"Babe?"

"They had to take them back for feeding. They are ok aren't they Matt?"

"Yes, Kathy. I wouldn't ever lie to you about that. They just like to monitor them right now. They said we shouldn't have to monitor them when they get home tomorrow so I think they just want one more time to make sure everything is going as it should."

I sat down gently on the edge of the bed and took her in my arms.

"Thank you Matt. I don't know what I would have done without you."

I brushed her hair behind her ear and leaned down kissing her softly. I could feel my heart exploding with the love I felt for her.

"I don't know what I would have done without you and the twins. You three have brought joy back into my life that I never thought I'd have again."

"Matt...I love you."

I swallowed and blinked back my tears before kissing her tenderly again. Just a few short hours ago I'd been wondering if I would ever hear her say those words again. They were the most precious words I could ever imagine her saying.

"Uh...should I come back?" Johnny's voice sounded unsure as we broke apart. 

"Johnny!" She squealed with excitement as I released her. She reached for her brother and I moved to make room for him. He climbed up on the bed beside her and hugged her tightly. 

"You gave us all a good scare Sis. Glad to see you are better."

"Yep," she said as the rest of the guys and girls piled into the room.

"Kathy...." Linds squealed and pushed her way over to hug her.

"Hey Linds," Kathy hugged her back. "Glad to see I haven't missed your blessed event."

"Uh yeah...speaking of which Johnny we need to see if I can just move in here during the last month..."

"No."

"Johnny," she whined.

"No."

"Short shit is getting more decisive," Brian commented.

"Well I have to be now. I'm an uncle and about to be a dad. So I have to be....mature."

The girls all looked at each other and laughed.

"Right...." Kathy said catching her breath.

"So when do you get out?" Val asked her.

"Tomorrow hopefully if all the tests go ok today."

I motioned for Johnny to follow me outside. I walked out and waited by the door. Johnny followed me out a second later. I could still hear the girls chattering happily about the twins and Kathy's welcome home party that the girls had been planning for them as Johnny shut the door.

"Ok what's up?"

"I know that this may seem like I'm rushing things a bit but I love Kathy and after everything all of us have been through in the last six months I don't want to wait any longer."

"Are you saying you want to marry her?" He said slowly.

"Yeah." I said shifting nervously.

"Matt, we've been friends a long time and you are like my brother but I just don't know if she's ready for that."

"I think she is. That we both are. The twins are here and I gave them Jimmy's last name there is nothing keeping us from making our family official now." 

"If you think so I won't stand in your way just know that if you ever hurt her I will kick your ass...or pay Brian to."

We both laughed as Brian and Zacky came out.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked.

"Johnny saying he'd pay you to beat my ass if I hurt Kathy."

"He wouldn't have to pay me," Brian said evenly.

"I know."

"You proposing soon?" Zacky asked.

I nodded. "Do you guys think you could help me pick out a ring tonight?"

They all nodded.

Val stuck her head out the door.

"What's going on out here?"

"Nothing," I said immediately feeling guilty again. Val raised an eyebrow at me and opened her mouth as Dr. Henderson bustled up to the door.

"Got those results...if everyone wants to scoot back inside I'll give you the verdict."

We all obeyed and moved back inside the room. Kathy sitting up in the bed looking expectant and hopeful.

Dr. Henderson smiled.

"Kathy will be able to go home with the twins tomorrow."

The room erupted in cheers and Kathy just smiled staring me directly in the eyes. I knew then that I was making the right decision.

"Alright, alright, settle down everyone. Don't get to excited. They also nominated me as the messenger to let you know that you all have to be cleared out of here in half an hour for the end of visiting hours."

There was a collective groan until Kathy cleared her throat.

"Um, if you all wouldn't mind I would like some time alone with Matt. I'm grateful all of you came..."

"Oh honey no need to explain," Chelle said and the others nodded. I watched as Johnny hugged her and followed everyone else out of the room. Once the door had shut behind them I sat beside her on the bed again.

"So..." I said a bit nervous as she bit her lip.

"I am coming home to our house right?" her voice was soft and her eyes anxious.

I brushed the hair back from her face again before cupping her face tenderly. "Of course. I would never take you anywhere else unless you asked."

"Thank you." she said softly looking down at the blanket which she began picking at.

"Kathy, what's wrong?"

"I just wanted to say thank you."

"Thank you?" I said carefully as my heart thudded in my chest.

"For giving the twins Jimmy's last name. I mean I wasn't awake. You could have given them yours..."

I shook my head.

"No. I meant what I said. They are Jimmy's children. If they want to take my name later I would be honored but I don't want to force it on them."

"I suppose it would have been silly anyways. I mean..." she stopped and kept her eyes on the blanket but I could see her blush. I smiled before gently lifting her chin until her eyes met mine.

"It is not silly. Jumping the gun a bit but not silly." I lowered my head to hers and kissed her gently.

We heard a throat clear behind us and I turned to see a nurse looking at us apologetically.

"Well I guess that's my cue to leave." I smiled at her. "I'll be back as soon as they will let me."

She nodded and I stood up leaving the room slowly. I got in my car and sent a text to the guys asking them to meet me at the jewelers.

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had taken hours of combing and thousands of complaints from the guys, right down to Brian offering to buy his choice before I had found the perfect ring. The guys all even agreed that it was perfect. My own wasn't the matching one but I felt that the one I had picked out matched the symbolism of Kathy's ring and our situation better than the plain platinum band. I held the little silver box in my hand staring at it as I entered the house. The girls were all at home waiting on their guys impatiently to make final preparations for tomorrow. There must have been a thousand ignored texts from them while we were at the store.

"Matt? What's that in your hand?"

My head snapped up as I quickly deposited the box in my back pocket.

"Nothing....I thought you were waiting on Zacky at his place?"

"Well I was," Val started as she walked closer to me, "but then I got a call from Louie and the girl who was supposed to be running the bakery tomorrow had to head down to LA for an ill family member so he needed me to pick up the cake tonight. I thought it would be better to store it here since your fridge is you know bare. Now what is this," she said as her hand darted around me and she grabbed the little box from my pocket. She raised an eyebrow and opened the box.

"Oh...Oh god...Matt she's going to love it!" she gushed.

"You think so?" I asked nervous.

"Of course it's perfect."

"Thanks," I said staring down at the two platinum bands. Unlike the traditional wedding set both rings had a diamond setting. The engagement ring was one half of a heart with the diamond where it would connect at the top in the middle and the wedding band itself was the other half of the heart with another diamond in the matching location. 

"That's what you guys were up to tonight wasn't it?"

"Yeah," I nervously ran a hand through my hair.

"When are you going to ask her?"

"Tomorrow?"

Val smiled. "Good. I'll buy her a planning book tomorrow."

"Val she hasn't said yes yet."

"But she will. She loves you Matt. You're slowly claiming the piece of her heart she's willing to share with you."

I nodded slowly. "I hope so."

Val handed me the box back and patted my shoulder before heading out the door. I shut it behind her and wondered into my living room. I saw a picture of me and Jimmy on the mantle and I gravitated towards it.

"Am I doing the right thing Jimmy? Should I ask her or should I just let things be? I don't know how to do this man. You planned everything for me with Val." I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

"God I miss you buddy."

**************************************************************************************************

A/N: Ok so this wasn't originally where I intended to end this chapter but I was taking to long because I haven't been in the mood to write and stuff going on and long story short I wanted to get you guys an update out. There should be another probably three for this story including the epilogue although one might be a short one pager. Also i have requests for updates for the craig jones story and my original fiction. if there is another story you guys want me to update let me know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 1.9K 46
Nikki had a drunken one night stand on her 21st birthday, causing her to lose her virginity to a man she barely even knew. Only remembering his brown...
1.2K 10 44
Delilah Ross, your typical 20 year old. Totally typical 20 year old who has a bad past. When things go every single direction but right, she finds he...
36.1K 670 20
Avenged Sevenfold fan fiction... Brittany gets out of an abusive relation ship and stay's with her friends Gwen and Synyster Gates in their story, Sy...
42.5K 969 42
Dear God Series - 1 A visit to her brother's burial site sets Stephanie on a collision course with her past. A lot of things have changed since the l...