Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

De YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... Mais

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures
Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall

61K 1.9K 568
De YouNique09

Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall

"Real love, she always said, knew no bounds. It wasn't hindered by space or time. It couldn't be weakened by death. Real love started in your heart and went straight through infinity" - Kori (Infinity)

- Cassandra Flame -

Flame pushed passed through the gyrating bodies on the dance floor. She glanced back at Ash who is now preoccupied by the girl who stole him to dance. Flame didn't mind at all. Inaya lang naman niya si Asher na sumayaw kanina para lubayan na siya nito and hopefully lose him in the dance floor. She mentally thanked the girl that did the trick.

Flame slipped out through the back door, deeply inhaling the fresh air.

She ran through the forest, seeking solitude. When she was finally far enough, naupo siya sa trunk in isang puno and held her head down.

Kahit ano pang gawin ni Ash para makalimutan niya ang lahat, Flame just couldn't do it. The whole week has been a nightmare for her simula nang umuwi siya from the Ball.

Ezra's accusation was the right trick to finally throw her over the edge.

As if flunking the written exams and barely living through the trials wasn't enough. She just have to have classmates watching her every move at gumawa pa ito ng mga kwento just to fill the void.

Flame tried not to listen to gossip and give away anything. Kung saan nito nakuha a
ng nabanggit ni Ezra sa kanya kanina, hindi niya alam.

The only one who knows about the trials is her and her instructors. And the probably the whole coven and ministry.

"I heard you almost killed your instructor"

That was true. But the instructor tried to killed her first. Kahit na illusion pa 'yon.

If her Mom hadn't warned her about the trials she wouldn't be ready.

She barely made through it... that means she wasn't prepared enough.

Her Mom, oh dear Luna, her Mom. Flame just wanted to head home and hug her again. The short visit wasn't enough. She longed for her parents' comfort. She will give up everything right now just to hug her Dad. He wasn't there when she dropped by.

She wanted to kiss and hug her two little siblings. Just hearing them laugh and squeal about little exciting things made her heart hurt.

Being away from her family hurts her so much right now.

The last conversation with her Mom was one of the things holding her together. She can still remember every second of it. It was an eye opener yet the burden she's been only became heavier.

The ticking of the grandfather clock was the first thing Flame hear when her feet settled on the ground. The house was eerily silent. Where is everyone?

Tinignan ni Flame ang oras.

The kids must be napping at this hour. Her Dad might be somewhere in the house or he's out of the country. He's been very busy since the last time they saw each other. That leaves her to one person she wanted to see.

Flame ran down to the spell room.

She found her Mom flipping through pages of a spell book. Hinahagod pa nito ang daliri sa mga pahina as if it's been a long time since she touched it.

Flame stood there heaving, a chunk of energy was ripped out of her for running down the stairs in heels.

Tinignan lang siya nito as if she already expect Flame to be here. "I knew it would fit"

"What?"

"The dress," tikhim nito. "It fits you perfectly. Your Aunts didn't believe me."

She sighed before mumbling, "Always questioning my judgement..."

Flame doesn't know what to answer. She knew her Aunts always questioned her Mom's judgements. She grew up listening to all three Vanders' opinion.

She had an earful sermon from her Aunt Lisa for wanting to transfer to SA but at that time only her Mom's opinion mattered to her.

"So, what brings you here?"

"They said Aunt Tatiana was stepping down..." Flame hesitated for a moment before asking, "Is it true?"

Mukhang hindi ito nagulat sa tanong niya. Para bang matagal na nitong inaasahan ang pag uusap nilang ito.

"You're Aunt already left her mark in this world. She thinks it's time for her to rest."

"But what about you, Mom?"

Flame wished she hadn't asked dahil nasa harap na niya mismo ang sagot na hinahanap niya.

Right next to the spell book was a piece of parchment along with a quill and ink. The bottom of the paper had their family crest.

"I'll file my official resignation tomorrow"

"Sierra said you're going to be voted out by the ministry-"

"Kaya nga uunahan ko na sila," ngiti nito. "It's less humiliation for me."

"But..." Flame's voice died.

At the back of her mind she hoped her Mom would fight for the position a little longer. She wished whatever she said to Sierra was bullshit. But no, it was all true. Her Mom had decided to back down without a fight.

Being High Priestess was Vera Vander's identity. Flame knew her Mom was destined to do it. Naaalala pa niya noon kung paano niya pinapanuod ito while casting spells. She made the hards ones looks so easy. She was awesome at it.

Flame's heart tightened at the thought of her Mom giving it up.

"It's your dream, Mom. You can't give it up..."

"Dreams change, Flame." Ngumiti ito ng malungkot. "I have the life I want here, why would I be anywhere else?"

"The ministry requires my full presence. Madali man pakinggan pero napaka hirap gawin. Noon pa man naisip ko na 'to. When I refused maidenhood alam na nila kung ano ang magiging ending. My career won't be my first priority. I don't want my children to grow up barely seeing their mother. I don't want to move back to Terra to fulfill my duty because the love of my life is here. I can't just force your Dad to do something that is way out of his power. Some won't understand his reasons but I do. Staying here was the best decision I've made in my entire life even when the world thinks otherwise."

Flame shook her head, tears falling. "High Priestess Vera Vander had been your role for years," she sobbed. Her mind couldn't wrap the idea of her Mom not being that. "It's your identity."

"Between you and me, I'd rather be called Mommy than that."

Flame felt like a kid again when she bolted to her Mom's open arms.

She went back to Hangrove soon after. Still feeling heavy. Right after their break there will be a scheduled meeting sa ministry kung tatanggapin ba ang resignation ni Vera Vander o hindi. Yes, her Mom did give the rest a shock for issuing a resignation letter. No one expected that because they wanted her to fight. Clearly the letter stated she did not want her position for a very long time now.

The news about the resignation letter were not shared to the public yet. Flame bet it would come out the same time her Aunt will step down.

Flame dreaded thinking of what's going to happen next.

"I saw what you did there," came a sing-song voice next to Flame.

She lifted her head and saw Ezra looking at her.

"I did what I have to do," Flame said ruefully.

"Ash will snap out of it as soon as mapansin niyang wala ka na. You've got ten minutes tops."

"His own problems will keep him occupied," Flame sighed. Hopefully it will. She can't keep up with Ash's energy right now.

Ezra smiled and sat down next to Flame. She rested her head on Flame's cold shoulder and they both fell silent for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier," Ezra whispered. "I've recently reunited with my minions and they rub off on me too fast. And this week's been so stressful, knowing what the weekend holds doesn't help either."

Flame couldn't agree more.

"You know I can't stay mad at you" Flame moved her shoulder with a small smile.

"I miss you, you know. You've been really distant ever since you moved here."

"I could say the same to you, Luna." Flame teased. No one told her directly about what happened to Ezra but she's not stupid so when she put two on two together she turned out to be right because Ezra's glare says it all.

"We all have our demons to tame, Ez. I'm sorry for being distant. I just... have a lot on my plate right now"

"What I said back there was true, Flame. The rumor mill's been on a buzz about what happened to your trials. Seeing you're still here means you've passed. You are staying right?" The way Ezra asked meant she wasn't sure. Wala itong alam sa nangyari, Flame had to give it to her for asking for confirmation. For all they know hindi siya pumasa at naimbitahan lang siya sa social night because she's Asher's "girlfriend" and she'll be long gone from SA after the break is over.

"I am," Flame confirmed with a tight smile.

"That's great," Ezra smiled but then her brows furrowed. "But why do you look so dismayed?"

"Do I?" The tight smile did not leave Flame's lips.

"Oh come on, no holds barred tayo ngayon. You want to make up how distant you've been? Then tell me everything now."

Ah, the ever pushy best friend Flame forgot she had.

She shook her head. Trying to comprehend coherent thoughts without bursting into tears are so hard to do right now.

"The trials were my one way ticket home and I passed so I get to stay..." She should be happy but deep inside she wanted that one way ticket home. But a part of her still wants to stay in Hangrove. She still had to right her wrongs.

She feels so endlessly torn she just wants to crawl under a hole and die.

"The elemental trials," Flame sighed, weighing down her worries one by one. "What if I stayed in Eastwood Hall? I would've been more prepared..."

"You passed! That's all that matters." Ezra said.

"Is it?" Flame asked back. "I think I didn't live up to their expectations"

"Who the frack cares? You're Cassandra Flame. You're awesome!"

Flame laughed in spite of her heavy thoughts. Once she sobered up, she looked straight in Ezra's eyes. "I wish I had that I don't give a flying fuck about what everyone thinks of me but I do, Ez. The trial was the first step for me."

"First step to what?" Ezra asked, confused.

"My Aunt is stepping down and my Mom is is resigning..." Flame drawls.

Ezra's mouth parted, realizing what Flame was on to. "That means you get to fill the place? Oh my luna..."

"The trials were a way to determine if I can fill my mother's place or not but still, I'm a half blood. They're not exactly in favor of letting someone like me lead."

Ezra frowned. "Naiintindihan kita pero Flame you're a Vander. Your clan has been ruling since time immemorial"

"I'm also a Raveclaw. I'm light and dark personified"

Ezra was mum for a few seconds. Hindi alam ni Flame kung ano ang tumatakbo sa isip nito.

"But do you..." Ezra lifted her gaze to meet Flame's. "Do you want to be High Priestess?"

"I know the responsibilities that comes with it and being a direct descent of an Eastwood my own responsibility is to fulfill my family duty and uphold our honor. My Mom wants to pass it down to me but I know the coven will-"

"Flame," Ezra interjected. "I'm asking you. What do you want?"

"Have you ever thought of your own feelings, Flame?"

Just the mere thought of Seige's and Ezra's questions mader Flame suddenly burst. Loud sobs escaped through her lips as she tried to cover them with the back of her hand.

"Oh, sweetie..." Ezra wrapped Flame in her arms.

What do I really want?

"I-I wan't it all to be easy again," Flame managed to stutter in between sobs. "No pressure. No crossroads. No choices. No life depending decisions. I want to stop time and rewind. Tomorrow holds too much. I can't face it. I can't take it."

-------

- Zeus Achilles -

Zeus and Seige made a promise together.

They're going to make them work.

Hindi nangako si Seige na hindi na ito aalis but she did promise to tell him why.

I owe it to you, she told him.

What made things turn? Zeus doesn't know. And he doesn't care either. As long as Seige is happy with her choices. As long as she's happy choosing him.

He'd make her choice worth it.

Seeing how expressive she's been these past few days washed away his sorrows. He doesn't want to dwell on the past anymore. He got what he wanted.

Whatever was binding her to get what she wants was behind them now.

After the ball, they spent the following days together, drinking up each other's presence once again.

With Seige not holding back anymore, Zeus' new hobby is enjoying reading her expressions. Every little emotions she shows felt sacred for him and every word she says was enough reason for him to smile the rest of the day.

It was like unraveling a mystery.

He's sometimes just watch her talk. The way her lips move was just so fascinating for him.

When she stops, suddenly feeling conscious, Zeus would smile and reach for hand then urge her to talk more.

Voicing out whatever's on her mind is good for her. And she seems to like it. It was like a whole new level of freedom for her.

Driven by curiosity, Zeus would sometimes ask what was the last thing she thought about before falling asleep the moment they meet each other for breakfast or kung ano ang madalas nitong isipin. There was an unexplainable comfort knowing what's in her head. So eventually it became a thing for them.

"Milk and honey," Seige answered once before Zeus could even ask. "You smell like milk and honey."

Zeus raised his brow, slightly amused.

Seige adverted her gaze, her cheeks slowly gaining color. "It's what I thought about before sleeping"

She had bold moves and words but there are times when she's shy. Zeus loves it when she's shy. He had to restrain himself from reaching out to pinch her cheeks para pumula pa ito lalo.

Tuwing naiisip ni Zeus 'yon napapangiti nalang siya. He had to thank his Mama for buying him the same body wash ever since he was a kid.

Just to be fair, Zeus too would tell her what occupied most of his thoughts too.

"I have a question," he asked as they walked through the hall for first period.

"What is it?"

His fingers drifted to the roots of her soft hair. "Your genetic combo is kind of unique. I was wondering if you really are a natural blonde or just an imposter like Ash"

"I'm not"

"I thought so" Zeus grinned with triumph. "So what is it then?"

He already had a clue what it is because one time he luckily caught a glimpse of it while they were out in the sun.

Hindi niya alam kung paano iyon nangyari, basta nang minsan itong tamaan ng sikat ng araw it was like a different Seige was in front of him.

"It's white," Seige said softly. "I had to color it because it makes me stand out. I had to blend in."

Zeus stopped and leaned in. "I've got bad news for you baby," he whispered. "Just you being you makes you stand out."

He grinned when he got his desired reaction. "And besides, violet eyes? That goes beyond the norm here."

Seige shook her head as if telling him he was crazy. She calmly walked ahead of him, ignoring what he said.

Zeus laughed and followed her.

When their holiday break officially started, Zeus' plan went in motion. Nagkasundo silang wag nalang umatend sa neon punk party ni Ash but Ash kept pestering Zeus about it so he decided to stay for a bit para lubayan na siya nito. And he didn't like what he discovered.

Kung wala lang siyang plano ngayon at kung hindi dahil kay Enzo iuuwi niya agad si Aiane.

Instead of going back and do something he'd regret, Zeus went straight to his truck and drove to the diner where Seige's at.

She wanted to help out kahit na hindi naman kailangan so Zeus let her do it. Wala itong alam sa mangyayari mamaya. All she knows is tatambay lang sa diner si Zeus and after her shift he'll walk her home.

He entered the diner, his eyes immediately landing on Seige who was wiping tables at the far end.

She lifted her head when the bell chimed when Zeus came in and waved.

Dumiretso siya sa counter where a game was on kaya doon nalang niya tinuon ang kanyang atensyon instead of looking at his girl like a love sick pup. Although nothing is wrong with that, Seige just tends to blush when he looks at her too long and he things she won't appreciate him acting like that in front of her peers.

Some customers were looking at Zeus but he shrugged it off. He came here for Seige. He doesn't care about anything else.

Zeus was focused on the baseball game when a tall glass of chocolate milkshake dropped in front of him. He was expecting Seige but his eyes connected with light brown ones.

"I didn't order this," Zeus leaned back, staring confusedly at the girl who was wearing the same uniform as Seige.

"Sabi ni Seige ibigay ko daw sa'yo," the girl answered while sporting a wide grin. "Ayaw mo?"

Hinanap ni Zeus si Seige pero wala ito.

"She's in the kitchen," the girl hooked her thumb behind. "Kinuha niya yung isang shift nung kasamahan namin. We're short on crew today so..." she shrugged.

"It's on the house by the way," nginuso nito ang milkshake. "Wala kang babayaran pero tingin ko naman wala kang problema sa pag bayad."

Zeus' forehead creased because he couldn't keep up with her.

"Pero kung ayaw mo sabihin mo lang. Seige said I could have it. I won't turn down that milky goodness."

Throughout it all, she was grinning. Hindi alam ni Zeus kung ngingiti ba siya pabalik or scare her away with his stone face. Pero mukha namang hindi ito mabilis matakot. The girl kind of radiated happiness. She was sunshine personified.

"You can have it," Zeus gave her a close-mouthed smile. "Bibili nalang ako"

Para kasing hinihiling nitong tanggihan niya yung milkshake with the way she's eyeing it.

"Is that pity I see in your eyes?" The girl's eyes narrowed but then it crinkled when she smiled again. "Hoy joke lang! Ito naman. Sa'yo yan sabi ni Seige"

"You can have it," came a voice from behind the bubbly girl. "I'll make Zeus a new one."

That's when Zeus smiled. Seige.

"Joke nga lang eh," the girl scratched her head.

"If he doesn't want it you can have it," Seige smiled.

"And I don't want it so it's yours." Zeus pushed the glass towards the girl again.

"Besides, break mo na diba? Sa'yo na 'yan"

Zeus thought the girl would put up a fight at tumanggi ulit but instead she snatched the glass and ran off saying a quick "Thank you!"

"Weird non ah," Zeus chuckled. "And she's quite perky"

"She's new," Seige leaned on the counter, smiling. "And human... and Ariel mentioned she loves milkshakes. Her name is Nausica. She's just here to lend a hand ngayon break."

Zeus glanced to where Nausica was at. She's now happily sipping away with the milkshake while talking to a customer.

Tinignan muli niya si Seige. "You covered another shift?"

"Yeah, I need to help out. The customers keeps coming in. Nagmamadali ka ba?"

"Hindi naman," ngumiti nalang siya. He wants to have her alone again. "I can wait."

And that he did. Zeus was there for another two hours. Seige would sometimes pass by and ask if he needs anything or to strike a quick chat but it seems like a busy night for them. Dahil siguro unang araw ng break. Students are out of school and everyone's doing their annual holiday shopping.

He'd downed a tall glass of milkshake and even got to eat a cheeseburger nang matapos si Seige.

Zeus opened the passenger door for her and grinnned at her confused face.

"I thought you were going to walk me home?"

"Oh I will," he said. "Pero mamaya pa. May pupuntahan tayo"

     Zeus asked his Uncle Mason to clear off the west border for a while para naman may privacy sila. Dinala na niya si Seige dito noon for a drive, he can vividly remember how she thanked him as they surged through the windy road.

Since she liked it so much naisip ni Zeus na dalhin ulit siya dito.

"Anong gagawin natin dito?"

"I'm going to throw you off the cliff. I hope you can swim." Zeus grinned before running to the back to set up his plan. Seige called him back, amusement filling her voice. She followed him soon after, leaning on the side of the truck.

"I wanted to take you out on a date," Zeus explained as he started to lay out his supplies. "But I don't want to you to get all worked up at the thought of it so inisip ko nalang why not take you out on a suprise one? We'll just hang out and talk. No fancy stuff and other shit like that."

He had to ask a certain someone for ideas too.

Seige's expression visibly softened as he explained. It was her own simple way of telling him that he'd done this right. She loves it.

Inayos nilang dalawa ang dalang comforter at unan ni Zeus sa likod ng pick up. After that he took out all the food he packed para lang kay Seige. He made a short trip to Candy Wonderland after he dropped her off at the diner earlier that day. He bought a lot of candy for her developing sweet tooth.

They both took their shoes off and sat cross legged across each other. Zeus can see the excitement light in her eyes as he slowly took out the bags.

Zeus spent wonderfully spent his time gauging Seige's reactions.

After that he settled her in his arms.

He was worried at first, maybe he was being too forward with her... but when she sighed in content Zeus knew it was alright.

Adoration hummed through his veins as she settled her head on his shoulder. His lips were so close to her temple.

This girl... this beautiful girl in his arms is his.

Finally his.

They speak in hused tones as the night passed on about small things - those little informations that held so much significance.

They were staring at the same sky, seeing the same stars, breathing the same air all in content.

Just the two of them sharing this one moment.

Zeus wouldn't have it any other way.

At first it was too slow and now it was too fast. Zeus liked this pace. It was a free fall.

Yeah, that's it. Free falling.

They were falling together. For each other.

As long as she doesn't let go Zeus doesn't care what waits for them at the bottom.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

17K 1.2K 23
Consists of three young paranormal experts, the Paranormal Club of St. Chesterino State University has to solve different paranormal cases as part of...
15.6K 2.9K 185
Sometimes When I'm Lonely I Pretend I'm A Carrot is a little book about carrots, loneliness, religion, political stance, love, and affirmations.
951K 8.2K 5
HUTSOM SEQUEL Do not read this book if you haven't read Harrison University: The School of Monster.. (SLOW UPDATE) Date started: June 2017 Date end...
1.6M 64.1K 52
Emily Devereaux had everything...until it was stolen from her on the night she found her parents dead and their mansion burning. She almost died in t...