A Very Unlikely Tale // Loki

由 Written_at_Wrandom

Loki, after helping Thor fight against the Dark Elves, is thrown back into his cell. However, peace on Asga... 更多

Intro: you're gonna get confused if you skip
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Epilogue.
Outro: announcements and future plans
Hello Again

Chapter 27

4.6K 270 62
由 Written_at_Wrandom

"You said you healed it. I didn't believe you," I hear from behind me.

I breathe a deep sigh, "You should have."

The God of Mischief moves to where I can see him, eying me questioningly.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, gesturing to his mother's garden, "People never come here."

I raise an eyebrow, smiling slightly, "I did. You and I spent quite a lot of time here, actually. I'm going to miss it."

Loki hums in response, taking a step toward me. I move a few inches on the stone bench and he takes a seat beside me.

"You're leaving today." He states plainly.

It's been a few weeks since I asked Odin to return to Midg- Earth. Loki has warmed up to me greatly, but his memory is still missing as many pieces as before. Each and every moment of my healing was spent hoping Loki would remember something, anything about the time we spent together.

Fate, of course, is never so kind.

"Yeah." I reply.

He glances at me out of the corner of his eye, "All of this," he gestures at nothing and everything, "is rather confusing. One moment I'm seen as nothing more than a prisoner, a criminal. The next I am once again a prince, my sentence reduced."

I nod slightly, "I can't imagine."

"I'm told quite a lot of my good fortune is down to you." he finishes.

I shake my head in disagreement, "No, I just did what was asked of me."

He says nothing in response and we sit in silence for a few moments. I fidget with the hem of my blouse, rolling it between my fingers.

"Thor told me you loved me." He informs me, "Did you?"

"I still do." I whisper.

"Did I love you?"

I turn to look at him, his face almost child-like as he tries to fill the blank spaces in his memory.

I bite my lip, a habit I've no doubt picked up from Endre, "You said you did."

He stares at the ground, his brow furrowed in concentration, "I wish I could remember," he says quietly.

Hesitantly, I reach out and squeeze his forearm gently, "It's alright, Loki." I lie, "The fact that you want to is enough."

He sighs, "You shouldn't lie to the God of Mischeif and Lies, Flora."

I chuckle a little in spite of myself, "Just trying to make you feel better, Sunshine."

His expression is unreadable as he stares at my face, once again looking as though he is seeing right through me. I feel my eyes begin to water and he opens his mouth in an attempt to speak when Thor interrupts from the entrance.

"Flora," he says quietly, "It is time."

I shoot a forced smile at the two princes and stand. Loki offers me his arm and, slowly, we make our way to the Bifrost.

When we arrive we are met by the warriors, Sif, Endre, Heimdall and the King himself.

"Hello everyone," I greet quietly turning to look at Endre, "Are you sure?"

He nods determinedly and smiles, "You've told me so much about Midgard, it already feels like home."

I grin at the boy, reaching out to ruffle his hair playfully, "You're one of the bravest people I know."

He returns my grin and I turn to the Warriors, jokingly placing my both my hands on my hips, "Boys."

They smile charmingly at me, each moving forward and placing a kiss on my knuckles, until Volstagg approaches, looking oddly watery-eyed.

I raise an eyebrow and feign shock, "The mighty Volstagg crying? How is this possible?"

He sniffs, "I am not crying. I am simply-"

"Drunk." I finish for him.

He lets out a short guffaw and envelops me in a hug, "I shall miss you greatly, My Lady, and I look forward to they day you return."

I squeeze him back, speechless, until he releases me. Flashing one more smile at him, I turn to Sif.

She stands awkwardly, searching for the right words.

I take her hand, "You've been one of my best friends here. I won't forget you, you must know that."

She gives me a watery smile, "You must know I feel the same," she pulls me in for a quick hug, "Promise you'll visit."

I pull away to look her in the eye, "I promise."

Odin catches my arm, "I do not do this for everyone, Flora." He says with a smile.

I tilt my head, confused, "What do you-"

I am struck speechless at the sight of The Allfather lowering his head and settling into a small bow.

"We," he says while straightening, "are forever in your debt."

I force myself to recover, "Anytime," I say breathlessly.

I begin to turn to the next person in like and find myself being crushed. "Thor," I laugh, "we've talked about this."

He chuckles and releases me, "Apologies."

He stares into my eyes, "You are certain you won't stay?"

I nod, patting his arm, "You know I can't."

He drops his gaze, "Yes."

I reach up to wrap my arms around him, "You know I'll come to visit, but I expect you to come see me as well.  Understand?"

He squeezes me gently, "Of course."

With a deep breath, I turn to the one I dread saying goodbye to the most.

"Prince Loki," I breathe, not meeting his eyes.

He brings my hand to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles, "I truly am s-"

"Don't," I interrupt, "Please. It's alright."

He lingers for a moment, staring at me with that same undefinable expression, before he releases me.

I bid farewell to Heimdall, thanking him briefly.

Endre says his goodbyes and moves to stand at my side, reaching up to hold my hand.

"Ready?" I ask.

He nods and gives me a small smile.

I glance around the room once more, memorizing faces. My eyes land on Loki and he meets them, our green eyes studying each-other.

Then, Heimdall powers the Bifrost and I tear my eyes away from Loki's, fleetingly noticing his brow knitting together in an expression similar to confusion.

We step into the light.

And I am home.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

330K 8.8K 37
[EXPLICIT] If you are a fan of the Avengers movies and/or Norse lore, I'm sure you will find a fairly awesome story between all the smut. He put a...
40.2K 886 11
Life as the Princess of Asgard can be quite challenging, especially when you are expected to behave ladylike.But Tyara has never been the one for suc...
71.3K 2.6K 33
Ever since you were born, your fate has been decided for you. As a child, you were hidden away by your father, Odin, destined to be married off in a...
6.5K 212 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...