Mosdenea

By Animallover55

*Book 1 of the Saint J's Boys* He put his forehead against mine, making my breath hitch. Whispering he said... More

Prologue
Chapter 1--Meeting A Mosdenea
Chapter 2--Aliens Abduct From The Top Bunk
Chapter 3--My Car's Name is Daisy
Chapter 4--You Know What? Your Pants
Chapter 5--Daisy's Insides Are A Tetris Puzzle
Chapter 6--The Story of the Two Dolphins
Chapter 7--A Crane Is Apparently Cooler Than A Mermaid
Chapter 8--A Blackhole is Actually a Dead Star
Chapter 9--Shots Aren't Only From Doctors
Chapter 10--Home Isn't As Sweet As My Other Home
Chapter 10.5--My Attitude Feels As Dry As The Thanksgiving Turkey
Chapter 11--Hands Are Like A Puzzle
Chapter 12--Swerving Cars, Cops, and Waves
Chapter 13--Some People Are Simply Posh
Chapter 14--Singing And Dancing Is Sweet Cherry Pie
Chapter 15--Good Thing Arrows Aren't Bent
Chapter 15.5--If You Fly, I Fly
Chapter 16--Everything Goes Up With The Bonfire
Chapter 17--Christmas Gifts That Match Are Cooler Than You'd Think
Chapter 17.5--Motorcycles, Jet Skis, Snow Mobiles, Oh My
Chapter 18--The Doctor of Motorcycles and the Nurse of Colds
Chapter 18.5--The Sun Tastes Like Honey
Chapter 20--Third Wheeling Is Actually An Important Job
Chapter 21--Rain Seems To Make Everything Romantic
Chapter 22--The Art of Tattoos
Chapter 23--My Prom 2.0
Chapter 23.5--Two Stars Shine Brighter Than One
Chapter 24--The Best Best-Friends
Chapter 25--L.O.W
Chapter 26--The Ferry O'Love
Chapter 27--The Art of Unimaginable Contentment
Chapter 28--I Would Like To Thank The Academy
Chapter 29--Sharks Don't Bark, They Bite
Chapter 30--We Got Caught Playing Tag
Chapter 31--There's A Curse Word In Every Sentence
Chapter 32--Mirages Eventually Fade
Chapter 33-Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 34--Episode V: The Mosdenea's Strike Back
Chapter 35--A "Brief" History Lesson
Chapter 35.5--Can All You Have Is Love?
Chapter 36--Life Moves On
Chapter 37--The End of a Good Story
Epilogue
New Story--Low

Chapter 19--What's The Big Deal With Having A Papi

11K 685 405
By Animallover55

Those cliché stories of girls that are on cloud-nine? The idea of having a daisy and pulling the petals off while contemplating whether he likes me or he likes me not? Even the hardcore romance Romeo and Juliet felt in a span of three days? Yeah, that's basically how I felt. All the time. People couldn't get me to listen to a conversation or the TV because I was too busy floating up in space like I belonged to an alien planet.

After New Year's, I fell back in my usual routine. The problem was, Aaron did too. He and I hadn't had much time together ever since. And if we were together it was only at dinner when we were sitting around with Pierce. The last thing we all wanted was for Pierce to become the ultimate third wheel. Basically, he already was.

Whenever I woke up in the mornings, I would ask Pierce where Aaron was. Typically, the answer would be a 'no idea' or 'I don't know.' But lately Pierce keeps saying Aaron is out trying to deal with some of the skyscraper business and other things. I didn't want to bother Aaron, especially knowing he was busy with his job. However, I would be lying if I didn't admit that I missed him.

So I fell back into what I typically did. Mainly work to earn up more money for the semester. My bank account had taken a plummet over the break. Between Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas—I was going to need a lot of shifts to make up what I had spent.

"Parker," Victoria called out. She threw a balled-up piece of paper at me. "You're doing it again."

I had completely zoned out once again. I was at the salon. Working. Waiting for clients was getting boring. Especially because the next reservation wasn't until about an hour. So I was stuck waiting for walk-ins and hoping that one of the ladies would finish soon so that I could clean after them. "Doing what?" I asked innocently.

Victoria rolled her eyes, "Dios mio. You had that smile on your face again. You looked like a stupida."

"Your pants are stupida," I retorted weakly. I didn't want to admit that I had been thinking of Aaron again.

I was trying really hard to get him out of my head but the lack of contact for the past few days was starting to kill me. I was never the girl to obsess over a guy. But everyone always ends up going through the first few stages of relationship sickness. The phase where everything is lovey-dovey and nothing seems to ever stand in the way of things. Nope, Aaron and I haven't had time to do anything and the distance was only making me frustrated.

"You were thinking of your novio," Victoria rolled her chair closer to mine. She placed her feet on my desk and started filing her nails casually.

"I don't have a novio," I said in a somewhat snarky matter. But then I started to think too much.

Wait, I thought to myself. Do I?

"Chica," Victoria said grabbing her phone quickly to send a text before getting back to her nails. "I know that look. That's the look a girl has when she's talking to someone she likes."

I couldn't deny it but Victoria was texting on her phone with the same giddy smile on her face. Her phone kept pinging with a newly received message. Victoria would put the file down, read the message, giggle, answer, then pick the file back up. This happened a solid three times before I pointed at her with one of the lollipops and accused her, "You have the same face. Who are you talking to? Jackson?"

"No it's my boyfriend Carlos," Victoria said. The moment she said it she looked up at me with wide eyes. My eyes widened too. For the last couple of weeks whenever I would text Jackson or Kellie either one of them would be talking about Victoria. Jackson saying how happy he is in his relationship and Kellie lying by saying she was happy for them.

"Mierda," Victoria cursed. She placed her hand on her forehead. She knew exactly what she had said and done. Now I was left with my own assumptions. Victoria cheating on Jackson? Maybe they broke up?

I didn't know what to ask except, "Does Jackson know you're cheating on him?"

"I'm not," She answered crossing her arms. "Jackson and I aren't dating."

I frowned, assuming they recently broke up. "Since when?"

"Since never."

My head was spinning and I probably looked utterly confused—because I was. My mind was trying to piece it all together but it wasn't working. It was like trying to form a puzzle that didn't have a picture. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Victoria, "Spill."

She sighed and leaned back in her chair, "Jackson asked for my help. He wants to make your friend Kellie jealous. He asked if I could be his fake girlfriend."

I wanted to laugh but I didn't. The fact that Jackson thought he had to have a fake girlfriend made me want to laugh. But knowing how upset Kellie had been recently bothered me. I was going to talk to Jackson the moment I saw him on campus again. "So," I asked. "Every time he said he was with you, was he with you?"

"No," Victoria smirked. "I was with my own boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I love Jackson. He's really nice. But he's not my type."

I was completely caught off guard, yet a part of me was happy. I was really hoping that Kellie and Jackson would end up together. Especially because Kellie and I were best friends. She and I would go to the grocery store and buy movies together. Then back at our dorm we would have movie nights and gossip over Kellie's obnoxious roommate.

"Oh my God..." I had meant to think it but it came out as words. "Jackson is such a jerk!"

Victoria started to laugh her eyes staying on her nails, "No Parker. He's a genius."

"I would hate it if someone did that to me."

"True," Victoria tilted her head in agreement. "But Jackson has known Kellie for a really long time. He knew he was never going to get her if he kept up the pace he was at. He had to go do something stupid and wild."

The more I thought of it, the more I could see both point of views. Kellie was taking way too long to realize how much Jackson cares for her. And now she was finally starting to admit how much she actually likes him. In a way, Jackson was smart by doing what he was doing, but if Kellie found out and took it in the wrong way...I wouldn't want to be near that fight if it were to ever break out.

I decided to change the subject knowing I would be talking to Jackson really soon. "So," I asked leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms. "Who's this Carlos guy?"

Victoria grinned and wiggled her eyebrows. "My boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes, "Well I got that. How'd you meet him?"

"He was friends with some friends of the family's and I think my cousin is mixed in there somewhere." She said trying to think it through in her head. "It happened a few weeks ago. We met at a party, went on a few dates, stayed the night a few times..."

I laughed while Victoria winked at me. "So you're official?"

"Si," She grinned and started swirling back and forth in her chair.

I glanced at Isabella who was in the back of the salon busy cutting someone's hair. "And your mom approves?"

Victoria shrugged, "Mama put me on birth control when I was fifteen. She said Carlos looked like a nice guy, but I think she just liked his car more than anything else."

Over the recent weeks, Victoria was not only teaching me Spanish if not the stereotypes within the Hispanic community. Sometimes we would have tourists come into the salon or just snotty rich people who seemed to assume everyone in the facility was just from one country. To put it in perspective, Victoria told me it's like when someone has a Southern accent and society always assumes they're from Alabama or Georgia. In Miami, it's not as excessive because the Hispanic population is huge. But when Victoria went on a field trip once to a different state, everyone just assumed she was Mexican. She was riled up retelling the story.

"I'm going to predict he's Hispanic," I said.

Victoria nodded, "Yup."

"Has a nice car you say?" I started thinking about everything she had been telling me. "Is it a classic?"

She smiled and continued to nod, "A 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle. It needs some fixing up, but it runs."

I smirked, "So he's Cuban?"

"So Cuban," Victoria leaned back in her chair and swirled around. She looked dizzy over thinking about him and the spinning didn't seem to help. She stopped rotating and turned to face me. "I mean...I knew Cuba produces sugar cane but I didn't expect them to be that sweet. Dios."

"I'll have to meet him sometime," I said as she fanned her face. Someone walked in through the door causing the bell to chime and everyone to look towards the customer. I tuned to face the desk as an elderly lady slowly made her way towards me.

"I never thought I would fall for a Cuban. But they grow some pretty big and ripe bananas. If you know what I mean." Victoria got up while giving me another wink. She walked to the back of the salon with a wild smile on her face.

I had to contain my laughter as the elderly lady walked up to me. She started speaking Spanish and I was glad that I perfectly understood what she said. I quickly wrote her down in the little notebook I had, answered back, and notified one of the hairdressers that there was someone to see her.

When Isabella was done with her client, she came up to me with my paycheck. Victoria was cleaning after her mother as Isabella took a seat beside me. "Es un buen dia, no?"

I nodded, looking outside. It was cloudy but not the kind that had us all afraid for rain. It just blocked some of the sunlight that seemed to seep in. "Si. Muy precioso."

"Oh look at that," Isabella grinned with a bit of a surprised expression. "You're getting better."

Both Pierce and Victoria were helping me get better at my Spanish. I was hoping to really understand it soon. Sure, I was probably always going to have a really strong American accent. But at least I'd be able to communicate. I smiled back at my boss, "I'm glad."

"Me too," She looked proud which for some reason made me proud. Isabella treated me a lot like she treats Victoria—like a daughter. Which is nice to have when your actual mother is hundreds of miles away. Also, Isabella doesn't take up with any crap. She's the kind of lady that can be nice one second and suddenly turn into a dragon the next. Victoria later explained to me that it's a common trait in basically every Hispanic mother.

While Isabella inspected the calendar and calculated a few things on the computer, I kept myself busy with doodling on a scrap sheet of paper. I was building the outline of a skyline. It wasn't anything exotic or super special. In fact, the main reason I was drawing it in the first place was because I was bored.

When I was drawing up the outline of the skyscraper that Aaron had asked for, my mind had been busy as a bee. Now I feel empty. There's no new project for me to take up and it's actually depressing knowing I don't have a portfolio to work on when I'm at home. The thought of me having to study another two years for my license was also getting me down. But it was also motivating me because when I was making that skyscraper, I was really happy.

Customers came in and out of the salon. Each one was about forty-five minutes long. I made up a system to let time pass by faster when I'm working, which is basically counting the people that come in and out. Victoria and I took turns sweeping the floor and cleaning out the sinks in the back. She and I were playing a game on our phones when I heard a familiar buzz of an engine outside.

I looked up and Victoria screamed, "Si! I win!"

Victoria followed my gaze to the window when she realized I wasn't paying attention to the game anymore. We both watched as Aaron parked his bike on the curb and slowly got out of his seat. I tried not to smile like a fool, especially because Victoria kept glancing in my direction with suggestive looks. Aaron took his helmet off, putting it under his arm as he headed towards us.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't start beating rapidly. And I would definitely be lying if I said I didn't feel my lips start to tingle for wanting to kiss him again.

Aaron walked in through the door, the chime at the top causing everyone in the salon to look. Aaron—wearing his leather jacket and helmet under his arm—looked like he had just walked out of a shooting of Fast and Furious. He scanned the area until his eyes landed on me, moving like silk he walked towards Victoria and I.

The corner of his lip was tilted into his conspicuous grin. My heart started beating so fast and loud I didn't actually think I had a heart anymore. "Hi Birdie," Aaron said lowly as his voice flowed out like syrup.

I tapped the eraser of my pencil on the agenda and raised an eyebrow. "Do you have an appointment, sir?"

Aaron raised an eyebrow at me, "Can't say that I do."

"Well we take walk-ins but you'll have to wait your turn."

"Oye," One of the hairdressers in the back said. She turned off her hairdryer and everyone turned to look at her. "Este guapo gringo quien es?"

"El novio de Parker," Victoria answered loud enough for everyone to hear. She elbowed me while waving at Aaron who was smirking at the interaction of the women in the back. I think his ego was slowly inflating but he wasn't showing it. I'm sure he knew basic Spanish. Even if he didn't, it was obvious they were in awe over him.

The entire—I mean the entire—salon suddenly exploded in chatter. All the women exclaimed like they were in labor. "Dios Mio!"

"Caramba!"

Aaron kept his eyes locked on me, but the more red I became the more his grin turned into a smile. The last thing I heard before I almost died was, "Parker has a Papi!"

That seemed to trigger Aaron into a small fit of laughter. It was a small chuckle that rumbled out of his chest and if I weren't so embarrassed I would have been able to enjoy it better. "You hear that," Aaron whispered at me. I finally looked up at him from my papers. My neck was probably as red as a firetruck. Aaron winked at me, "According to your coworkers I'm your Papi."

"Ha-ha," I faked a laugh. "Your pants."

Aaron laughed a bit more. He kept his eyes locked on me as I turned around to face the ladies. "No es mi..." I wanted to say that Aaron wasn't my boyfriend. But I wasn't even sure if he wasn't. I couldn't say he was a friend with benefits because that's definitely not what we are. And if I just called him a friend that'd be a lie as well. "Es mi—"

"Papi," Victoria filled in for me causing another uproar to go through the salon. Even the clients were laughing. The women went back to their work as I tried to control the very visible blush on my face. Victoria smiled up at Aaron, "How are you Aaron?"

"Entertained," He answered curtly. Then he glanced back at me, leaned against the counter and gave his lopsided grin. "When do you get off?"

I checked the time but before I could answer Victoria cut me off by saying, "Right now."

I raised my eyebrow at her and Aaron perked up in excitement. "I've still got about an hour left." I argued.

"Mama," Victoria called out into the salon. She started speaking really fast Spanish. Too fast for me to understand what she was saying. I caught a few words but nothing that seemed to connect together. A few exchanges between the two and Victoria turns towards me with a smile. "My mom says she'll let you head out early today. Just this one time."

"Really?"

Victoria nodded, "I'll cover your shift."

I smiled and quickly said my goodbyes to my coworkers. They all gave me stares and facial innuendos as I walked out of the salon. Daisy was parked just in the back but when I told Aaron that he just said not to worry about it.

"So where are we going?" I asked as I put on my leather jacket. I had taken it to work and was now thankful I brought it. I was standing beside his bike as he handed me my helmet.

"You'll see," He took his seat on the motorcycle and I followed. When I out on my helmet, I realized my phone automatically connected with the Bluetooth. Aaron gave me a quick ring and I picked it up letting our helmets link.

"I'd let you drive," Aaron said as I took my seat behind him. "But it's sort of a surprise."

I squeezed myself closer and felt his hand go over mine. Then he revved and sped out of the parking lot and onto the interstate. We were driving moderately for Aaron. Typically he moves like he just robbed a bank and has to get away from the cops. Sure, he was still over the speed limit, but not enough to get pulled over by a cop.

To make conversation Aaron said, "I like your co-workers."

"Why doesn't that seem to surprise me?" I smiled even though he couldn't see me. In a stern voice I said, "Don't expect me to call you Papi."

Aaron chuckled, "Trust me. I don't want to be called that."

"Good."

"There are much better names I'd rather be called."

I gulped. A part of me wanting to ask and another not wanting to. I ended up hesitatingly asking, "Like what?"

Aaron didn't answer me. I could just picture the smirk that was plastered on his face. But without an answer, I was left with staring forward and waiting to see where he was taking me. There was a collision on a street ahead, that we avoided well because of Aaron's skilled driving. At first I had wished he had let me drive, because driving a motorcycle is actually a lot of fun. But when I saw that he had to weave his way through several cars, I was glad he was the one in the front and not me.

Aaron exited the interstate only to lead into the fancy side of Miami. It was skyscraper galore. But it wasn't the touristy site. No, it was the business side of the city. Corporations lined after another. News channels, food companies, even commercial industries. Sure, there were a few hotels. But not nearly as much as the beachside.

Aaron pulled into a parking lot, much different to the typical valet places we've been to. He let me get off first and hand him my helmet as I scanned the parking lot to remember our parking space. Aaron took off his own helmet, leaving him in his usual wild hair. After locking the helmets on the side of the bike, Aaron took my hand and started waking me towards the building.

I was very confused as to why we were here. And where exactly 'here' is. But I had learned over the weeks to never plan an agenda with Aaron. He had his own way of things and whenever he let me tag along I usually had a pretty awesome time. So I just decided that it'll eventually end up with something eventful. Aaron made me realize what 'going with the flow' truly meant.

"Where are we?" I asked as he pulled me along through the parking lot.

He stopped right in front of the big glass doors that led inside a building. He put me right in front of him like he was examining me. His hands on my upper arms as he scanned me from head to toe. When he reached my eyes he smirked. Pulling a strand of hair behind my ear and kissing my forehead he said, "You'll be great."

"For what?" I would have fought more, but my heart had fluttered when he had kissed my head. I let him take my hand in his and we walked into the building. The receptionist already seemed to recognize Aaron and told him to head to the seventeenth floor.

The place itself was very modern. It smelled like expensive candles and everything seemed to be an aesthetic white. It felt like I was walking through glass half the time. And there was a giant fish tank in the corner. Before I could look around anymore, Aaron and I were in the elevator listening to jazz music.

Aaron leaned on one side of the elevator and looked at me through the corner of his eye with an amused expression, "So if I'm not your novio what am I?"

I was caught off guard by his question. Mainly because I didn't know what he was talking about. And then I realized he was referring to the salon and how I had said he wasn't my boyfriend. I felt myself blushing all over again—feeling second-hand embarrassment just thinking about everything that had happened there.

"I just didn't know what to answer," I said pitifully.

"Why's that?" Aaron didn't seem upset. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him angry over anything. I always get worked up and afraid that I could do something stupid that would cause him to hate me, but I don't. Because no matter what I do, instead of being upset he's always just entertained.

"Well," I said unable to look at him even though I could feel his eyes on me. "I wasn't sure if that's what you wanted."

The elevator doors opened and Aaron led me to another receptionist. She smiled up at him saying, "He'll be right with you. He's finishing up a meeting."

Aaron nodded, taking a seat in the waiting area. I sat beside him, looking around the room to try and figure out where I was. At my side was a stack of magazines. The top one was of Time. It showcased all three of the Parris brothers. Blake Parris standing in the middle with a soccer ball to show off his fame. Shawn Parris at one side, smiling while reading a book. And Cole Parris on the other side with a briefcase and wearing a suit. I couldn't help but smirk. This was an old edition that had come out over the summer. But I wasn't surprised it was still here.

"Is it an invitation?" Aaron asked me pulling me out of the pages of the magazine I was reading. He lazily rolled his head in my direction, a raised eyebrow on his face.

"Invitation to?"

"Well you said you didn't know if that's what I want," Aaron put his arms behind his head. His eyes scanning mine fiercely. "If it is, is that my invitation of you asking me to be your boyfriend?"

I couldn't help but laugh, "Hold on. If anything, you want me as your girlfriend."

Aaron smiled, leaning closer to me while his eyes scanned my lips as he emphasized every word he said. "Yes, I, do."

If we weren't in such a professional and public building I would have kissed him there. And I thought Aaron was going to kiss me. Instead, he reached over me to grab a magazine. Having known he teased me he gave me a sly grin and leaned back on the sofa while placing his arm around the back of me.

"So where are we?" I asked after I finished an article.

Aaron didn't even bother looking up from the pages he was flipping. "I'd rather just watch your reaction."

I tilted my head to one side and furrowed my eyebrows. "Come on Aaron."

"Mr. Mosdenea," The receptionist called. Aaron looked up in the slowest manner possible. "Follow me."

The both of us stood up and followed the receptionist into an office. It was surrounded by glass windows. The view itself wasn't anything spectacular but that was my personal opinion. We couldn't see the ocean because we were facing inland but we could see the absurd amount of city that was placed in front of us. Had it been night time I'm sure the lights would have made the skyline look more impressive. The door was closed behind us only to be opened four seconds later.

"I thought I saw you with a girl," I was caught completely off guard. In front of me was Matt Kingsmen—the co-owner of Parris-Kingsmen. The last time I was in a room with him was when Aaron was presenting my skyscraper. At first look, Matt Kingsmen could be described in three words: Charming. Goofy. And handsome.

"It's good seeing you again Mr. Kingsmen," Aaron said shaking the hand of one of the most powerful men on the planet.

Matt Kingsmen did a quick scan of me from head to toe. I wasn't wearing anything special but I guess the matching jackets seemed to give him a message. "Girlfriend I assume," Matt said to Aaron. "Damn."

He stomped one foot on the ground in a childish manner which caused me smirk. "It's a pleasure Mr. Kingsmen," I said putting my hand out.

"The pleasure is all mine gorgeous," He answered with a grin that probably drove women mad.

I couldn't help but laugh. Matt Kingsmen was being a notorious flirt. Not just with anyone, but with me. I guess I should have felt honored or special—instead, I thought it was hilarious. The first thing that came into my mind was my brother Matt. This was exactly the way he acted around women too.

"Not the reaction I usually get," Matt said as he grinned awkwardly at my laughing.

"Sorry," I apologized after my laughter subsided. "What reaction do you typically get?"

"Hold on I'll show you," Matt took a few steps away from Aaron and I. He cleared his throat and put his hands on either side of his cheeks. He made his voice pitchy, "Oh my God! You're Matt Kingsmen! Can I sleep with you and get pregnant so that I can steal all your money?"

I busted into a fit of laughter as Matt smiled back. Even Aaron was laughing softly at the way Matt had interpreted the reaction of several girls. It made him sound more like a popstar than a genius. "You and my brother would get along," I said when I finished laughing. "His name is Matt too."

Matt lit up but before he could say anything, Cole Parris walked in through the door. He had a phone to his face and was quickly shaking the hands of a few older men who were walking down the hall. Mr. Parris turned to face us but was speaking into the cellphone. "I know Jojo," He said giving Matt a small pat on the back.

My breath caught in my throat. I was in the same room as Cole Parris—again. Not only was I in the same room, he was right there. He rolled his eyes as someone on the other line started screaming about what I thought sounded like burning cookies. Mr. Parris looked up at Aaron and smiled. Aaron gave a small curt nod in return. I was too baffled to do anything except watch.

"Ok Jodee," Cole walked over to his desk and leaned against the front of it. He put one arm over his chest as he stared at the ceiling answering the phone. Mr. Parris was in a nice custom-made suit that made me feel completely underdressed in my jeans, black tee, and leather jacket. If Aaron had told me I was going to be in the presence of Cole Parris, I'd have at least worn better clothes.

"Jodee I have to go," Cole finally said. Another burst on the phone erupted causing Matt to laugh. "Ok I'm hanging up now."

Before Jodee could add anything else, Cole hung up the phone. Matt glanced at his partner and said, "You'll pay for that one later."

"I'm paying for it now," Cole said rubbing his temple. He took a deep breath before glancing at Aaron and smiling. "Aaron."

"Mr. Parris," Aaron answered back as they shook hands. It looked like two friends were meeting up again after having not spoken in a while. They were friendly to each other which only seemed to creep me out more.

Cole rolled his eyes, "How many times have I asked you to call me Cole?"

"Every time we meet. But I ignore it," Aaron shrugged.

Cole chuckled and then turned to look at me. He looked too nice for his own good. For some reason, I could easily picture Cole Parris as one of the most modest people I've ever met. It could easily be that my image of him was tainted by the tabloids, but so far everything they had said wasn't a lie. He's nice, charming, and ridiculously smart. "And this is?"

Aaron grinned as he shifted in order to face me. He pulled me forward, his arms wrapping around me just below my chin. "This is the famed Parker Finch," Aaron said. I wasn't sure if my heart was beating out of my excitement of getting the opportunity to meet Cole Parris or if it was because Aaron was being affectionate in front of other people.

"You're Parker Finch?" Cole asked me somewhat baffled. Should I be honored or disappointed by his surprise?

"Yes," I hesitantly said to him. Maybe he's disappointed seeing someone so young. Or maybe he expected a guy because my name does tend to make people confused.

Oh my God, I thought. I'm talking to Cole Parris.

"It's an honor to meet you Mr. Parris," I added quickly.

Cole smiled, "Please. Call me Cole. I can't handle being called Mr. Parris. It makes me feel old."

"It makes you sound more professional," Matt added. He was in the corner of the room, playing with a metal ball that he had taken from a table. He threw it up in the air and as he went to catch it his clumsiness got in the way. The metal ball ended up tipping a bowl of fake fruit and the plastic apples and oranges went rolling throughout the room.

Cole ignored Matt as he went off to try and track down all the fruits that managed to get underneath the furniture. "Well I'm glad to finally talk to the girl Aaron keeps mentioning," Cole added as he made his way around his desk. He sat down on the chair and leaned back placing a pen in his hand.

I couldn't help but glance up at Aaron as he and I went over to the spare sofa chairs that were situated in front of Cole's desk. Aaron gave me a wink and I couldn't help the red that crawled up my neck. "Talking fondly of my girlfriend is something I enjoy doing Mr. Parris," Aaron said smoothly as he took his seat.

I looked down trying to hide my immense smile. My neck probably looked like a tomato but I didn't care. I really really didn't care. I had been contemplating whether Aaron and I were actually dating and I would be lying to myself if I didn't say I was proud. I had to bite my lip to prevent my smile from showing. Had Mr. Parris not been the room I would have teased Aaron over calling me his girlfriend.

After Matt finished picking up all the fruits he spilled, he quickly excused himself from the room. He gave me a flirtatious grin as he walked out telling all of us he would see us soon. When I turned to look back at Mr. Parris, I realized that both he and Aaron were staring at me.

"Don't mind Matt. He flirts with everything that has two legs. Including my own girlfriend." Cole smiled and cleared his throat. His whole demeanor changing, "Well I'm sure Aaron has told you then."

The excitement of talking to Cole Parris suddenly subsided. I frowned—utterly confused—and quickly glanced at Aaron. "Told me what?"

Cole raised his eyebrow at Aaron, "You haven't told her?"

"I'm a sucker for surprises," He answered.

"Sweet. That means I get to tell the good news," Cole turned his attention back to me. He leaned forward on his desk and I could feel my heart pumping in my chest. Was he about to say what I think he was going to say. Sure enough, he did. "You built one of the most inspiring skyscrapers my co-workers and I have ever seen."

I felt like I was suddenly drowning. In a good way. I couldn't find air to breathe because my joy seemed to outweigh everything else in my body. One of my hands went over my mouth and another formed into a fist in my lap. I was in utter shock and I was pretty sure I was dreaming. I was going to wake up soon. But I didn't. I stayed right in the sofa chair facing Cole Parris while Aaron took my hand in his own and smiled at me like he was the very shining sun.

"Wa-wait," I finally managed to say. "You're serious?"

"Yes," Cole seemed just as happy for me. "Granted, Aaron is one of the best businessmen I know. He managed to do basically all the work for us already. He put in hours we still hadn't and because of him we're about six to nine months ahead of schedule. And we will have to give the basic blueprints to several other architects. It's your design, but we need second and third opinions to make sure it's doable."

I wanted to cry. If I weren't sitting I would have fallen over to sob because my whole body went numb. I couldn't feel my hands or arms. My legs weren't moving. The only thing I could feel was Aaron's hand on mine. Aaron was right, this was never just about a fun project. This was about my passion becoming a reality. I was witnessing my very dreams come true before I even thought I had a chance.

I tried to talk, but I couldn't. I was too busy trying to focus on not crying and on breathing like a regular human being. "Thank you," I finally managed to breathe out. I turned to face Aaron who was looking at me with his typical amused expression, but had a brilliant smile on his face. "Thank you," I said to him.

"You're very welcome Birdie." He said softly. I felt his hand squeeze mine which seemed to be the last piece that caused me to fall. I leant forward and kissed Aaron tenderly on the lips. I meant for it to be short, but every time I pulled away Aaron would lean forward again to kiss me.

Even though they were light kisses, they made me all the more happier. Aaron tilted his head and pushed himself closer to me so I wouldn't stop kissing him. It sent electricity all the way down to my toes.

Cole Parris coughed, causing us to look back at him. Aaron leaned back in his chair, a content expression on his face. For a second I felt like the world around me stopped. Or like I had been underwater. Kissing Aaron always made me light-headed and needing for more. I was the one drowning and he was the air I needed to breathe.

"Man I wish my girlfriend and I were like that," Cole chuckled. "If my Jojo found out she won something she'd scream her head off and say it's because she's absolutely amazing."

"I have a friend like that," I said thinking of Victoria.

"Well," Cole said getting back to business. He gave me a friendly smile but I could already tell by the look in his eye that he was going to say something serious, "I'm glad you're both happy with the outcome. I've already discussed this with Aaron but Parker, this is a huge commitment. As head architect, you're going to have to help us with the blueprints. We've already hired someone to help you with the models because Aaron actually informed me after we signed the contracts, that you're still in school."

Cole gave Aaron a small scold that Aaron only replied with an arrogant smile. "You were a show off too," Aaron said to stick up for himself.

"That's the only reason I let it slide," Cole said looking at me. "So I just want you to know, yeah you can take up other projects. Hell, a lot of the businessmen here want you to build their mansions now. But this skyscraper...I just want to make sure you'll dedicate your time to it. Make it one of your top priorities next to graduating."

I started thinking about how much I loved planning the building. The thought of how many times I'd had to overcome my family and friends belittling me over my career choice. I worked for months on the rough sketch of the building. Now I was supposed to help plan the rest of it out? This went to a whole new level. I was helping some of the smartest, richest, and more respected people in the world make a skyscraper. There's no way I actually got here.

I found myself caught off guard. Under my breath, I meant to whisper 'yes' and it somehow came out as, "Your pants."

Aaron chuckled and gave my hand a squeeze. Speaking for me he said, "That's a yes from her."

Cole smiled and grabbed a small envelope that was leaning against his computer. He handed it to me and said, "I'm glad. On behalf of Parris-Kingsmen, it's my honor to invite you to our opening gala. You'll find all the details on the invitation."

"Gala?" I asked opening the envelope. It was a stiff card that smelled like lavender and was printed in an elegant font. My name was in the center—gold like the rest of the penmanship. Underneath it was the date, location, and time for the gala. The bottom was signed in Cole's signature. The last time I saw something this formal was for my aunts wedding invites. And still—this card looked a lot more expensive.

"Yeah," Cole rolled his eyes like he was annoyed with the concept. "It's apparently what rich snotty people do as 'fun.' But we do want to celebrate the new construction. Matt and I are really proud we've gotten this far in such a short amount of time."

"Did you get one?" I asked Aaron. He simply nodded. I asked, "What do I even wear to this?"

"Imagine prom," Cole said. "But more elegant, older people, a lot more talking, and less grinding."

"Don't worry," Aaron said looking in my direction after seeing my worried expression. He winked at me, "It won't be as overrated as prom."

Cole checked his watch and jumped up. He didn't seem in a hurry, more so that he lost track of time. Just as he finished glancing at the clock, his assistant knocked on the door and entered afterwards. She quickly glanced at Aaron and I before landing her eyes on Cole, "Mr. Parris. Your nieces have been waiting."

"I'll be right out," Cole said. He quickly got his papers in order as the assistant walked out of the door. Mr. Parris looked back at me saying, "Well I'll be seeing you two soon. And expect your paychecks in the mail, we've already sent them."

Aaron stood up and shook Cole's hand. While they were doing that I was too busy thinking about the whole paychecks ordeal. I was being paid? I mean I didn't think this would ever be charity work but the concept of getting paid still had me baffled. Aaron and Cole were in the midst of small talk as I stood up.

"You look a lot better Aaron," Cole said nodding his head. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you sir," Aaron answered.

"Stop calling me sir," Cole said frustrated. "I'm basically the same age as you."

Aaron grinned and retracted his hand. I stepped in and shook Cole Parris' hand and smiled. "Thank you Mr. Parris," I said again. I wasn't sure how to express how overwhelmingly happy I was. "It means a lot."

I wasn't stupid, I had read up about Cole Parris. Valedictorian at his high school. Early graduate from Harvard University as summa cum laude and then top of his class at Harvard Law School. He worked hard to have the position he has now. Just talking to me I realized how amazing he actually was in person. Charismatic yet humble. Academically and personality wise, he was great. I could only imagine what his other brothers were like. Blake and Shawn Parris. Even his stepsister, Tori Linean.

As if the universe knew what I was thinking, all of a sudden, the door burst open. Two little girls who looked exactly the same—ran into the room. They were both wearing the USA National Soccer Team shirts except instead of its usual red, white, and blue—they were pink. They had to have been custom made, I had never seen shirts like it. And on the back was the number one with Parris written on the top.

"Uncle Cole! Uncle Cole!" They ran around my legs and to their uncle, each of them grabbing one of his sides.

"Hey!" Cole said getting down on his knees. He wrapped his arms around them and hugged them close. The interaction had my heart melting.

"We haven't seen you in forever," One of the little girls said. She had a small lisp that I found absolutely adorable.

"Look Uncle Cole," The other one said. She gave him a crocodile smile showing off a gap in her mouth. "I lost a tw-ooth."

Cole congratulated her before turning the girls to face Aaron and I. "Girls say hi to my friend."

"Hi," They both chorused. I tried to find a difference between the two. They both had silky long blonde hair and eyes that seemed to glow with life. Maybe it just seemed that way because of how young they were, but I couldn't help notice their vivacious characters.

"I'm Velvet," One of them said to me. Unlike her sister, Velvet had a small mole on her chin that looked like the shape of a strawberry.

The other girl walked up to Aaron and nudged on his pocket. He looked down, an amused smile on his face. "What's your name?" Aaron asked.

"I'm Malorie," She answered. Suddenly she blushed, "You're really tall and pretty mister."

Cole and I laughed. Aaron didn't have anything to say, he just grinned down at Malorie with his usual amused expression. He seemed about ready to say something when he stopped. At the doorway was a panting Blake Parris. He looked worried and afraid. When his eyes landed on the girls he let out a sigh of relief and his shoulders sank down.

I could see where the girls got their looks. Blake Parris had the same blonde hair as his daughters. The eyes were a bit different, but the girls themselves looked like copies of their father. With the same styled nose and cheek bones. They were going to be heartbreakers like I'm sure their dad used to be.

"Don't do that to me girls," Blake said walking into the room. He grabbed Malorie by the hand and placed her on one side of his hip while Velvet stayed in Cole's arms. "You scared me half to death."

They both giggled. "Sorry Daddy," Malorie said.

"This is what happens when I give the nanny a day off," Blake muttered to himself with an eyeroll.

"We found Uncle Cole!" Velvet exclaimed.

"You said we would get ice cream if we found him." Malorie accused.

Blake Parris chuckled—all the worry replaced with what looked like adoration. He finally looked at his brother. "It's good to see you Cole."

"I guess we're going out for ice cream?" Cole asked Velvet who suddenly bursted into a fit of giggles.

Aaron moved in behind me and smiled. "Come on," He whispered in my ear. "Let's let them be."

I nodded—grabbing Aaron's hand—and turned away from the room. As we walked away I heard Blake Parris ask, "Do you know any good tutors Cole? I want my girls to be just as smart as you."

I smiled and Aaron pulled us away from the floor. In the elevator, I pulled out my phone and started researching why Blake Parris was in Miami. Sure enough, he had a soccer game earlier in the week. I could only assume he was staying in town to visit his brother and check out the city.

As much as I tried, I couldn't get the smile off my face. I had just been in a room with Cole and Blake Parris. Two idols of our century. Then I looked up at Aaron, he seemed as casual as ever. I don't think there's any way to phase him. Nothing really changed his stature. I elbowed him lightly, "What are you thinking pretty mister?"

Aaron looked down at me with his tilted grin. In a swift movement, he pulled me to his side and wrapped his arm around my waist. "That I've got a pretty misses by my side."

As we walked out of the building, we waved at the receptionist. We headed to towards the parking lot to Aaron's motorcycle and he pulled his keys out of his pocket before placing them in my hand. "You drive us out."

I lit up and smiled—obviously excited. But before I could even consider getting on the bike, Aaron wrapped his arms around my waist and stood behind me. "Hold on Birdie," he said. I turned around in his arms and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. His eyes landed on mine and I couldn't help feel locked in place. Aaron had a mischievous grin on that was mixed with his elevated eyebrows. "You didn't finish thanking me in there."

I tilted my head and faked a frown, "What do you mean? I said thank you."

Aaron let out a breath and bit his bottom lip. Butterflies suddenly erupted in my stomach and I gulped. His gaze was intense and if he hadn't been holding me I'd probably have swayed. He glanced at his bike quickly before looking back at me. "So Birdie," he said squeezing my waist lightly.

"So Aaron?" I teasingly said back.

"We drive so often on my bike I'm going to have to start asking for payment."

My own eyebrow lifted. I had already offered to split gas money with him. I shrugged and answered, "Fine."

"Good," Aaron leaned forward. His deep sugar-coated voice said, "I preferably take my payment French. But I'll accept slow or teasing."

My jaw dropped. Granted, I was excited. But still surprised. I should have expected this move from Aaron, it was another smooth thing he said that only seemed to cause my heart to beat loudly in my chest. "You want a kiss every time we ride on your bike?"

"You drive a hard bargain Birdie," Aaron fought. "Two kisses it is."

I laughed—thankful that the parking lot was empty except for a few cars at the other end. I put my arms around Aaron's neck and pushed myself up with my tiptoes. The moment my lips touched his I felt like I was in space again. All I could feel and hear was him. His hands on my waist to hold me in place, my own fingers moving through his wild and soft hair. The hot intensity of every emotion he has threatening to surface in one kiss. I made sure to break it off before he got any more ideas. He'd have to wait until we got home.

When I did pull away, both of us let out a breath we were holding. I bit my lip, trying to ignore how it was tingling and yearning for more. "There," I said smiling up at Aaron.

His eyes were closed and forehead placed on mine, "And my second one?"

I smirked and turned away from him. I unlocked the helmets from the side and took my seat in the front of the motorcycle. "You'll get that one when we get home."

Aaron gave me his lopsided grin and sat behind me. "You better drive fast."

"No promises," I said turning on his bike. I put on my helmet and when Aaron was ready I put my hand over his. Then slowly moved us out of the parking lot. Once I was on the street, I sped off. Except unlike Aaron, I stayed well within the speed limit.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Disclaimer: I'm Hispanic. Our food is amazing.

Ok, so my updating schedule is always Monday's and Friday's. I apologize for not updating yesterday. I was revising my chapter and realized I hated it. So I scrapped it and ta-da! This came out. I really really hope you guys enjoyed it. If you haven't read my previous story, well...some of the characters are from there. But please tell me what you think. 3S fans? Blake and Cole? Velvet and Malorie?  

Other than that, like it? Not like it? Let me know. Again, sorry for not posting yesterday.

Y'all keep the votes coming. Share the story with your friends. I haven't been able to break past #50 on the teen fiction section. And I really want to share my story with as much people as possible. Creative writing is my passion. I love it so much. 

Thanks you guys though! I love you all sooo much!!!

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
187 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...
1.2M 36.3K 49
[COMPLETED] Book #1 in the Loving You series She was the light in my life when everything else was clouded with darkness. - Jason ~*~ Daisy McKenwa...