Growing up (MWL's sequel)✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some p... More

Growing up (My Wattpad Love's sequel)
1.- "Are you sewing your clothes?! You said ten minutes!"
2.- I can officially say everyone knows I'm virgin.
3.- 'Please, that's too much. I feel a little dirty right now'
4. Love makes us monsters, people. Watch out.
5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.
6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.
8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.
9. They are coming for us!
10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.
11. We've got Einstein son among us!
12. This is better than late night soap operas.
13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.
14. We can share her. We are like Edward and Jacob.
15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?
16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!
17. 'Come out of your shell, little turtle'
18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.
19. 'It's alright. You can touch if you want'
20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?
21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'
22. 'I sensed some tension here'
23. Yeah, I make up words, sue me. I'm original.
24. Happy Birthday, Raccoon.
25. You don't look fine at all, kid.
26. "Don't touch it. It's pounding."
27. You don't have my permission to lose your V card
28. I hate him. I do. I hate him so much.
29. Don't make babies while I'm gone
30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.
31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.
32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"
33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.
34. You look like you need a drink
35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen
36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."
37. I can't look at it. I can't.
38. They are my half-siblings.
39. "Oh Jules... you're so beautiful"
40. You'll be a great writer someday
41. The boy of sad eyes.
42. Epilogue

7. Are you flirting with me, mister?

878K 23.6K 20.5K
By Ariana_Godoy

Thanks to Zahra for the Banner!

Chapter Seven

Summer was gone and so were my chances of getting tanned.

Lau and I had postponed going to the pool, alleging lack of time. Truth was, we did have time, who doesn’t in summer? We were just lazy girls that preferred staying home, watching Friends re-runs.

I sighed, staring at my paleness in the mirror. I knew I should have gone to the pool. In my defense, Lau was great when it came to persuading people.

After the fiasco in Evan’s house, we had come home next day. It took us hours to get here since Jason and Shane had to stop a few times to puke. Yes, their hangovers were that bad. Speaking of puke, I wondered if Jason actually cleaned up his at Evan’s spare room. Well, if he didn’t, my dear boyfriend was going to have a surprise pretty soon.

“Jules! You’re going to be late!” Mom shouted from downstairs. I groaned, grabbing my bag.

Lazily, I walked downstairs. Mom was waiting for me at the living room. She was wearing a white blouse and a black skirt. She was holding her coat in her left hand.

“Good morning,” I said, knowing she had just arrived from her duty at the hospital. She kissed my cheek.

“What’s with the face?” she asked, eyeing me carefully.

“I can’t believe summer’s over.” I wailed, blowing out a hair off my face.

Mom shook her head disapprovingly “I really don’t know where you got that laziness from. Sure it wasn’t from me.”

I pouted, “Can you call the principal and tell her I am sick?” I gave her my best puppy eye look.

She folded her arms across her chest, “No. I’m not lying for you.”

“Mom!” I whined with a stomp of my foot.

“You are senior now. Stop being so childish and let’s go,” She ordered, pushing me towards the door.

“The principal likes you since that day you gave her a free consult at the hospital. I’m sure she won’t mind.” I reasoned. 

“It’s your first day. Brighten up,” she encouraged.

“How can I? I have to get 3 math credits this year.” I complained, stepping into the porch. “I don’t know if you remember but I suck at Math,”

“You’ll be fine.” Mom locked our door and headed to her car, “Come on, have a little faith.”

“Says the woman who only got A’s in high school.”

Mom sighed, “You’re a smart girl. You’re just lazy, honey. I’m sure you’ll be fine with Pre-Calculus, Statistics and Trigonometry.”

“Trigo-what?”

“Just get in the car, Jules.” Mom demanded, getting inside the car. Reluctantly, I did as I was told.

Senior year here we come.

**

I was staring hard at the white board in front of me. The classroom just emptied. I was by myself staring at the symbols and problems on the board.

I don’t understand any of it.

I admitted in my head. Was I retarded? No, I was okay in other subjects. What was the deal with Math subjects then?

I headed out the classroom, feeling even more depressed about my school life. Then, I knew exactly what I needed to cheer up.

This isn’t working out.

-J

I texted my boyfriend dramatically. His reply came pretty quickly.

I really hope you’re not referring to our relation-ship. And good morning to you, girlfriend. Forgot your manners, again.

- E.

I smiled at the screen.

Sorry! First day at school and it’s driving me crazy.

-J

Let me guess. Math?

-E

Yeah, my first trigonometry class was like being in an alien planet or something.

-J

I can help you out if you want.

-E

You mean like tutoring me?

-J

Sure. But I can’t promise I won’t take advantage of my student ;)

-E

Are you flirting with me, mister?

-J

Definitely, peachy girl. So, yes or no?

-E

I’ll think about it :)

-J.

Playing hard to get, I see.

-E

Not playing, I am hard to get.

-J

Let’s see if you can keep the act when we see each other tomorrow.

-E

Tomorrow? You’re coming?

-J

Yes, I miss you. I’ll pick you up at school.

-E

My stomach fluttered violently.

Ok. Miss you, too, sexy. Gotta go to my next class. Talk to you later.

-J

Be a good girl, future student ;)

-E

I smiled like an idiot.

“Wow,” Lau’s voice made me lift my gaze from my phone. “That is your first smile today,” she commented, holding my arm as we walked together. “I’m guessing your hot boyfriend has something to do with it.”

My smile turned into a grin, “Yeah, he’s picking me up tomorrow.”

“Great! I honestly couldn’t cope with one more of your depressing behavior,” Lau said, sighing in relief.

“I was not depressed.” I defended.

“Sure, my friend, sure.”

I had to go through hell to get home that afternoon. Lau’s car was in the workshop, Jason disappeared before I could ask him for a ride and public transportation did not get to my house.

I ended up paying a taxi. I was beyond angry; I had saved that money to buy Ruffles not taxis.

Dropping myself on my bed, I stared at the ceiling absent-mindly.

My phone buzzed next to me.

I picked it up, “Yeah?”

“Jules!” Lau screeched at the other side of the line.

I grimaced, “You don’t have to yell,”

“Remember the other day when we’re talking about cool it would be if we were neighbors?”

“Of course I remember. That was yesterday,” I pointed out, frowning.

“Well, it’s possible now!”

I knitted my brows, “What do you mean?”

“My neighbors are renting their house with option to buy eventually,” she spoke excitedly, “You and your Mom can move here and we all be together and happy!”

I sighed, “I’m sorry to break it for you but Mom’s not moving out. You know how she is,”

“Oh come on, you pleased her by living there for over a decade. It’s time for her to yield,”

“I don’t know,”

“Senior year is going to be tough, Jules. Living in town would make things easier for you. You’d be closer to school, the library,” she trailed off, “and me.” I thought about it. I didn’t want to get my hopes up though, Mom was really stubborn.

“I’ll talk to her.”

“Great! Call me as soon as she makes a choice. I don’t want my neighbors renting the house to someone else,”

“Alright.” I hung up.

**

I ambushed Mom in the Laundry room that night. It took me two hours to grasp the courage.

“We need to talk, Mom,” I said, biting my lower lip.

“Sure, what is it?” she asked, getting her shirts and coats inside the washing machine.

I scratched my head, “I was thinking, maybe it’s time we move out,”

“I thought we were over this conversation,” she stated, grabbing another basket filled with clothes.

“No, we weren’t. I really don’t get your reason for staying in this house. We are isolated. If we live in town, we cou-“

“I told you I like nature and peacefulness. We won’t get that in town, where there are noises everywhere, at all hours.” She reasoned seriously.

“Seriously, Mom? You can’t tell me that when you don’t even water your garden. I was almost got stabbed in the foot by a stiff sunflower the other day.” I pointed out.

Mom sighed, “Sometimes, I don’t have time to water them. That doesn’t mean I don’t care about them.”

I threw my hands in exasperation, “You are never here. I am the one who has to stay alone in this desert,”

“Your friends come over all the time,” did she have an excuse for everything? She gave her back to me, “We are done here.”

“He’s not coming back,” I blurted out sharply. Mom froze in the door, her back still facing me, “I know that is why you won’t leave this house. That is the only reason because we both know living in town would make things easier for the both of us. You’d be closer to the hospital and I’d closer to school,” Mom turned around, a sad expression plastered on her face.

“Jules, I-”

“You’ve waited too long, Mom,” I said sorrowfully, “I get that you still hope he will come back but he won’t. Dad left us years ago. You can’t keep clinging to that hope, it’s not healthy.”

Mom dropped her gaze, “You’re right.” She admitted, placing her basket on top of the washing machine.

“I’m not saying this to hurt you, Mom,” I let out a long breath, “I just can’t keep watching you waste your time like this. He’s not worth it.” I said frankly. Mom looked at me, tears escaped her eyes. My chest tightened painfully.

Watching your mother cry feels like being stabbed in the chest repeatedly. 

“He was the love of my life,” she explained with a broken voice. My heart went out for her, “He said we would be together until we were both wrinkled, telling stories about our life together to our grand-children,” 

“Mom…”

“He was so happy when you were born,” she smiled sadly at me, “We were both so happy, Jules.” She wiped a tear away, “The thought of him leaving us never crossed my mind. I’m sorry, baby. I really thought I could give you a family,” she broke into sobs.

“Mom,” I walked towards her and held her face, “You did nothing wrong, okay?” tears were already clouding my vision, “I didn’t need him, you were that great as a mother.”

Her lower lip quivered, “Every child needs a father. I know you miss him. I know you remember him even when you try to block those memories,”

“I’m fine, Mom.” I said firmly, “As long as I have you, I will be fine,”

Mom pulled me to her and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her as well.

“I love you,” she whispered in my hair, “I love you so much.”

“I love you, too, Mom.”

**

“Really?” Lau screamed out excitedly, “The Lord has heard my prayers!” she exclaimed dramatically, “You’re finally moving out of that house,”

“Yeah,” I said, getting comfortable among my sheets, “I didn’t want to have that conversation with Mom but it was necessary,”

“Sorry, are you okay?”

“I’m good,”

“Is she okay?”

“Yes, she knows she has to let this go,”

“Cool. I’ll go ask about the house on rent and call you back.”

“Okay.”

“Talk you in five, neighbor.” she chirped eagerly. I smiled, hanging up.

Second day of school.

We entered our last class of the day, chatting about random things. Of course, Lau sat next to me. We got our notebooks out. It shocked me to see the same familiar faces from last year: Goth Anna, smiling John, the group of intelligent people, the jocks, Holy Mary, even disgusting Peter was here. 

So much for a change!

I think I’d had the same class since kinder garden. Of course, there were some variants but the main group seemed to be the same as usual.  

“Good afternoon, students,” Mr. Satty said, entering the room. I mentally groaned. Was that a joke? I couldn’t believe I was getting the same teacher Shane got last year, “Some of you may know me. My name is Carl Satty and I will be your pre-calculus’ teacher this year.” I lifted my gaze to find a boy and a girl, standing next to Mr. Satty’s desk. They were insanely attractive and identical. Twins, huh? Both of them had straight black hair, big blue eyes and slim bodies.

“Class, I want you to meet Nash and Nadia Sullivan. I know you guys have had the same group since you were in first grade so I thought introduction was necessary. They have implacable grades and I hope you can make them feel welcome.” Mr. Satty said politely. Hannah, the popular girl of the class, raised her hand, “Yes, Ms. Park?” Mr. Satty gave her a look of warning, telling her not to say anything inappropriate.

“Are they twins?” she asked, staring at them scrutinizingly.

The girl grinned, “Did you seriously just ask that?” Hannah shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

This time it was the boy who replied, “Yes, we are twins.” His voice was soft, polite but devoid of any emotion.

“That’s so cool!” Hannah exclaimed, smiling at them.

Lau elbowed me, “He’s hot.” I remained in silence, checking the guy out. He had that mysterious, cold aura around him. He had dark hair, big blue eyes and fair, tanned skin. Lau was right he was indeed hot. They both were. The boy seemed to notice my stare because he looked at me.

“Shit!” I muttered, averting my gaze.

“You were totally caught checking him out,” Lau chuckled next to me.

“I wasn’t checking him out,” I denied it fiercely. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I glanced behind me.

Jason whispered softly, “Damn, that girl is hot!”

“They both are,” I admitted.

Lau joined us, “The boy is hotter than her,”

“No, she is hotter,” Jason frowned.

I rolled my eyes, “They’re twins. This argument has no point,”

“We weren’t arguing,” Lau defended.

“Ms. Jones and Ms. Peterson,” Mr. Satty called us out, “Should I assign you different seats?”

We both shook our heads, “No, sir.”

“That’s what I thought,” he gestured the twins to go to the last row of seats. And that was how the class started.

I watched Mr. Satty explain the same thing over and over again. I was resting my chin in my hands. I blinked several times.

“I don’t get it,” I whined, pouting.

“Me neither,” Jason whispered from behind.

Lau sighed, “Really, guys? This is just revision from junior year,”

“We barely passed Math last year, Lau,” I reminded her, blowing my hair out of my face.

“We?” she cocked an eyebrow, “I got an A,”

“I was talking about Jason and me,” 

“Oh,”

“Ms. Jones?” Mr. Satty called me.

I looked at him surprised, “Yes?”

“Since you don’t seem to stop talking today, why don’t you come to the board?”

“Me?” I pointed myself.

He nodded, “Yes, come and solve this exercise. It’s from last year so it’s easy,”

Everyone was staring at me, including the Sullivan twins. I gulped, gazing at the board. I had no idea of how to solve that. I couldn’t get up and make a fool of myself. I dropped my gaze, ready to admit I didn’t know when I heard his voice.

“I’ll do it,” Nash stated, getting up. I watched him walk past me, towards the board.

“Mr. Sullivan, you don’t have to do-“

“It’s cool, sir.” Nash took the marker from him and started writing on the board. He was impossibly fast. It took him less than a minute to finish the exercise. We were all gaping at him, including Mr. Satty.

Nash returned the marker and walked away from the board. He stared at me while coming my way. When he was next to my seat, he stopped.

“You’re welcome, Jules.” He said and kept walking.

How did he know my name?

“He knows your name?” Lau asked, as dumbfounded as me.

“Apparently, he does,” I stated confused.

“Another hottie on your tail?” Lau commented, grinned at me, “You are definitely on fire,”

“Oh stop saying that!” I exclaimed annoyed. She’d been saying that since the day I told her about Shane’s confession.

“It’s the truth. First, it was Evan, then Shane and now Mr. Smart-hottie,”

“What do you mean Shane?” Jason wondered aloud, “Did Shane confess to you?”

“Great,” I mumbled.

Lau turned her body towards Jason, “Boo! I know the story and you don’t,” she stuck her tongue out.

Jason narrowed his eyes at her, “Very mature,”

“Ok. That’s it.” Mr. Satty said bothered and assigned us different seats. I was now next to Larry the quiet. When the class was about to be finished, I felt eyes on me and looked up. Nash was staring at me from across the room. What did he want from me? He didn’t even know me. Why did he help me out? My phone buzzed in my pocket, interrupting our staring contest.

Carefully, I took my phone out. It was a text from Evan. Immediately, my face lit up.

I’m at the parking lot already.

Brought Ruffles and soda, movie tonight?

-E

Grinning like a fool, I typed a reply.

Yep. Mom’s on duty.

The soda is all yours. However, the Ruffles…

-J

Brought enough for the both of us :)

-E

Sorry. I don’t like sharing :D

-J

Fine.

Just get out and we’ll get to a compromise.

-E

You’re planning to seduce me to get my Ruffles, aren’t you?

-J

What if I am? ;)

-E

You’re evil.

-J

And you’re beautiful ;)

-E

I blushed fiercely, holding a giggle.

Your tactics won’t work on me, mister.

-J (Very blushed)

We will see about that ;)

-E (Very determined)

“Well, class, that’s all for today. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Mr. Satty dismissed us. I stood up, picking up my bag and notebook. I hurried to get out of the classroom, ignoring Jason’s and Lau’s protests.

The amazing feeling of nervousness and anticipation made my heart beat fast. And I knew seeing Evan would always make feel this way.

Always.

----

A/N: New characters :) I heard twins can be problematic, huh? Mwuahahaha Shoot me with your comments, ladies and gentleman. I'll read them as I eat a big bowl of spaguetti with meat. my favorite food in the world.

Tickles, grey apples and some of my spaguetti (See? I share my favorite food with you, guys. I love you that much. YOU'RE WELCOME!"

Ariana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 1.6K 20
You are the 𝙡𝙖𝙠𝙚, the 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨, the 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣? Ethereal music's soulful tune Princess of the glacial water Nevermore a lover, daughter In death...
116K 7.9K 200
[HOÀN] Bản Edit - Có review nhẹ từ đầu cho những ai muốn nhảy hố hay đi đi vòng nha, enjoy! Part 1: chap 1 - chap 198 Part 2: chap 199 - chap 397 Par...
31K 508 45
"I understood, then, that so long as I with Toothless, I would always have a home." For the first five years of his life, Hiccup had a home, a family...
28.8K 630 28
[Second book in Social Media Series] who knew a random number in the back of a library book and an ambitious boy would bring them together. :complete...