Contract Bound [Old Draft]

Por Sexyglamoruz

For centuries, humans have been chosen to become the mate of one of the creatures that rule the forest. It is... Más

Copyright & A/N
-PROLOGUE-
-CHAPTER ONE-
-CHAPTER TWO-
-CHAPTER THREE-
-CHAPTER FOUR-
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two (FINAL)
Cursed Love Excerpt

Chapter Seven

107K 3.7K 548
Por Sexyglamoruz

Belinda had no idea where the strength came from, but she managed to get loose and shove Star out of the way.

Then, she was sprinting through the woods, feeling as if her heart was being torn to shreds. She remembered well where one of the portals was located. 

Before she was able to leap into it, something crashed against her. She struggled against Star, then attempted to strike her with her closed fist on her chin, except that she never connected. 

An invisible force slammed against Star, sparks evoking all around them, sending her airborne. She hit the ground hard before rolling to a stop a couple of feet away.

Wide-eyed, Belinda stood, staring at the bracelet her mother had gifted her, which now had fire flickering through it.

When she was attacked, it hadn't been Fane's gift that had saved her life, but her mother's.

Star staggered to her feet, hair a mess, battered and bruised. "Belinda, it is a trap."

"How can you ask me to stay here...I can't." Belinda whirled around and leaped through the portal, thinking of her town as she did. One moment, she was enveloped in darkness, then she slammed hard against the floor of her house.

"Mom!"

Her mother came running from the kitchen, her eyes growing wide when she spotted her. When Belinda stood, she was engulfed in a hug as she cried.

"You shouldn't have come."

Belinda found it difficult to speak when she couldn't control her sobs. "I couldn't stay in the cabin...I have to try to help somehow."

Together, they headed to the police station to request to speak to her father. The moment they walked in, everyone's eyes were on them.

Police Chief Corinna exited her office and greeted them, appearing way too friendly. "Let's speak in my office—"

A gasp escaped Belinda when her mother slapped Corinna. When everyone stood, Corinna told them to stand down. "You know my husband is innocent—He would never—"

"Come with me, please."

With evident reluctance, Belinda's mother took her hand and started to follow Corina into the office. Once there one of the police man pressed a button beside the door. At the soft flicker of a red hue over the walls of the room, Belinda's eyes narrowed. "What on earth was that?"

"It prevents anyone outside this office from prying into our conversation," Corina said as she opened a laptop and played a video that revealed her with Belinda's father speaking to the girl at the hospital. Belinda's eyes watered when out of nowhere her father pulled his gun and shot the girl in the head. The only nurse present ran out, screeching.

Belinda lowered her gaze as tears trickled down her warm cheeks.

"My husband is innocent and you all know it."

Wide-eyed, Belinda glanced at her mother. "Mom, the camera footage doesn't lie."

"Actually, it's glamour."

Belinda met Corina's bright green eyes before she stood beside the door. "Someone has betrayed us all and we need to find out who before it's too late." Before Belinda could say anything, Corina motioned them to follow her and they did.

They walked in the section of the cells and the moment Belinda saw her father, she rushed to him. Once the cell was opened, Belinda and her mother hugged him.

"What exactly happened?" Belinda asked.

Corina hesitated for a moment. "The girl took the gun from your father and took her own life. Whoever did this, is powerful enough to have the cameras show something that was not real.  The nurse present saw what you saw in the footage, but I saw the truth...humans can be easily deceived."

Belinda's eyes narrowed. "Are you not human as well?"

Corina smiled. "No."

Her father placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's about time you knew...Mostly everyone in this station is a Slayer."

Belinda stepped away. "W—What?" She remembered the stories in the books in the library—slayers were powerful warriors who protected the humans from the creatures of darkness.

They were a myth.

Her mother cupped her face. "Darling, it's true."

Belinda shook her head. "We're humans."

"Your mother and you... you're both humans, but I'm not."

She stared at her father in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me before all this madness—"

"He is forbidden to," Corina said. "When our children turn eighteen, we tell them everything, unless they are chosen. It was part of the peace treaty signed long ago."

Belinda couldn't believe anything she was hearing. When her mother grabbed her forearm, she allowed her to lead her back into the office. After taking a seat on the chair across from Corina, Belinda started at the folder in front of her.

All her life, she had known about those who lived within the forest...why was this so difficult to accept?

"Now that no one questions that you're truly in danger and need our aid, it's best you know everything." Belinda placed her hand with the bracelet on the desk and Corina smiled. "I know what you want to know and yes, I gifted that to your mother so that it would protect you...not only from those who dared hurt you but also from witch magic and the vampire compulsion."

"What else does it do? Like you said...it's best I know everything," she said.

Her mother was the one to speak. "You have to understand that all I wanted was to protect you...I didn't want you to end up like the others...It—It also prevents you from getting pregnant."

Belinda's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "W—what?" When she lurched to her feet, she sat back down, noticing the world was beginning to spin 'round and 'round.

"I think it's best we go home—"

"No," she interjected her mother. "I want to know everything—I don't want any more secrets."

Corina slid the folder closer to her. "Do you trust Fane?"

"Yes. He is not the one you are looking for."

"Open it and then tell me what you think."

When she did, she tried her best to look unfazed by the many names of those who had died in the hands of Fane.

"Fane is no good guy."

Belinda met Corina's gaze. "He never claimed to be, did he?"

"How can you know that many have died at his hands and still believe him to be innocent?"

"It's obvious that whoever is behind all the murders wants both of you to turn against each other. Fane would never harm someone innocent."

"I've heard he was capable of killing his own brother." Belinda stared in utter disbelief. "You didn't know? Fane murdered his twin a year before he met you."

"What are you implying?" She asked, her heart breaking.

"If his twin would have still been alive, both would have been your soulmate...Which meant that Fane would have had to compete against his brother for you, but now, he has you all for him."

Corina placed a handgun on her desk. "I think everyone present would agree that you need to arm yourself."

She stretched her hand out and took the handgun, noting the engraved markings that seemed to flicker gold against the light emanating from the ceiling lamp.

When she stood, Corina did as well. "Don't let the love you have for him blind you."

"I think you shouldn't automatically think he is guilty. Do you really think if he was the one behind it all, he would leave bodies for you to find?"

When she attempted to leave, Corina moved way too fast and grabbed her arm. "Everyone who has attempted to harm you has been a vampire—for all we know they could be doing so under the orders of Fane."

She jerked her arm free. "If he wanted me dead, he would have done so already—I'm living with him."

Corina stepped closer. "Have you been intimate with him?"

Belinda's cheeks grew warm. "That's none of your business."

"You haven't," Corina simply stated. "Then there is your answer. The moment he gets what he wants from you....you'll be another statistic."

Without another word, Belinda exited the office and waited outside for her parents. Once they did come out, they headed to their home, in a painful silence.

Once at their house, Belinda set the handgun on the coffee table and glanced at her parents. "Is there anything else I should know?"

There was a knock at the door, which her mother answered. Keisha smiled at Belinda's mother as she held a plate full of cupcakes in her hands. "May I come in?"

Her mother returned the smile. "Of course."

Keisha walked into the house, a big smile on her lips. "Hey."

"Hey." Her parents excused themselves and headed upstairs. "I'm so sorry for not telling you about Niko."

"I forgive you," Keisha said as she placed the plate on the coffee table. Then, she hugged Belinda. She grabbed a cupcake and handed it to her. "I made them myself."

Belinda smiled before taking a bite. "So, do you plan to forgive Niko?" She finished the cupcake and Keisha handed her another one. "I'm going to get something to drink. Want anything?" When Keisha shook her head, Belinda headed into the kitchen.

Her eyes narrowed when her vision blurred and darkened before becoming clear again. A gasp escaped her lips when the cupcake in her hands became rotten. She gagged and dropped it to the ground.

What the hell is happening?

When she lifted her gaze to look out the window above the sink that had a view of the front yard, her eyes grew wide.

Keisha was heading toward her home.

Belinda tried to turn but held on to the counter as her vision blurred again. Then she heard a menacing voice.

"You are far from what I expected....so easily deceived."

Belinda whirled around, falling the ground after she hit the island when her vision worsened. She screamed at the top of her lungs, agonizing electricity enveloping her body.

"Belinda!" Her mother shouted.

She jerked as if she was having a seizure then everything stopped. As her heart began to beat normal once again, her vision returned in time for her to see her mother be slammed against the wall.

"Mom!" With a scream of agony, Belinda stood and rushed to the living room in an attempt to get her handgun. She was grabbed by the hair and then slammed against the wall. Pain shot through her skull as she dropped to the ground. She raised her hand to realize her bracelet was gone.

When she lifted her gaze, her eyes grew wide. A small child stood a couple of feet from her, a menacing smile on his lips. "Are you looking for this?" He held the bracelet in his hand. "Such a unique weapon...who gifted it to you? It sure as hell wasn't Fane."

Somehow, Belinda managed to stand and sprinted toward the coffee table, grabbing the handgun and pointing it at the child. "Who the hell are you? What do you want!"

"You don't have it in you to pull the trigger," the boy said as he stepped closer, tilting his head to the side. "Go ahead. Shoot." Belinda didn't pull the trigger. How could she? This was a child.

The boy shook his head, appearing disappointed. "Your humanity makes you weak."

Belinda aimed the weapon just above his head, well aware she was going to miss, and pulled the trigger. The boy ducked, avoiding the bullet. "Perhaps, I was wrong."

Belinda cocked the gun and aimed at the head. When the boy smiled, Belinda's eyes narrowed seconds before someone grabbed her by the arm to turn her around.

The male yanked the handgun out of her hold before she could shoot. Within seconds, sharp incisors tore through the flesh of her neck.

She let out a scream as pain enveloped her. By the time he stopped feeding on her, she felt too weak to even stand.

"Her blood is divine."

"Of course it is. She is a chosen one after all." A pause. "Is the slayer dead?"

Belinda's heart ached at the thought of her parents being dead. Tears flossed down her cheeks as she managed to push herself off the floor and stand. The pain was making her want to sleep, but still, she held her chin high as she glared at the vampires. Both vampires seemed astonished that neither spoke or moved.

"Your—Your invitation into this home is revoked." She knew vampires had to be invited into a house by one of its owners, but she had no idea if it could be revoked.

As an act of magic, both vampires were pushed out of the house until they stood outside. The boy glared at Belinda.

"We won't stop until you and everyone you love is dead." The boy laughed. "Do you really believe there is only one vampire after you? Oh, how naive you are." He laughed as his skin became a couple of shades lighter, veins evident.

A gasp escaped Belinda when bat-like wings emerged from the child's back. He no longer looked human. Teeth that looked like those of a piranha were visible as he continued to laugh until a gunshot resonated through the house.

The boy's eyes widened as blood soaked his shirt just above the heart. He let out a feral sound when another hit his chest right on the heart. Bright scarlet, web-like patterns spread through his body. Smoke emanated from the markings before fire conjured up, setting him ablaze.

The male moved but then froze, eyes growing wide. His lips parted, black liquid pouring from them before he staggered sideways to reveal Corina standing behind, holding a dagger in her hand. Keisha was being held back a couple of feet away by others from the police force...the slayers.

Corina shoved her blade into the vampire's chest and just like the other one, he soon was consumed by unforgiving flames that left nothing behind.

For the longest, Belinda stared at the female standing in front of her, who didn't seem dangerous but evidently was to be feared.

If their enemy succeeded in turning the slayers against the vampires, Belinda couldn't imagine the chaos that would fall upon the world.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

5.7K 41 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...
132 0 39
Crow, seemingly human, encounters a species hidden from most humans. Vampires. The one he happens to run into is of the royal bloodline! The world as...
31.9K 1.5K 29
"Tamlin leave me alone, you don't want me!" I shrieked. "Your my mate, mine and only mine" his eyes turned black, I was debating running farther i...