Friends Again?

By DCFatty

Hanna and Andrew met at a summer leadership camp in high school. In just a few short weeks, they became the b... More

A bit about the Book
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
FYI
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 7

64 3 1
By DCFatty

        The next day was practically the last day for everyone since rides were going to be leaving at 10:00AM the following morning. Pictures were being taken; individually and group all day long. Even though the whole day was given to the students as to spend however they liked, it was still too short of a time. Hanna hung out with Andrew the whole day and they did do a lot together, but though Hanna tried her best to think about it, in the back of Hanna's mind, she knew that this was the last day.

        Throughout the day, girls kept approaching Andrew, hoping that he could hang with them, but he turned every single one of them down. There were a few times when Hanna was shoved aside due to there being too many girls, but Andrew would break free and find his way back to her. Hanna wasn't surprise girls were shoving themselves at Andrew, she was just surprise that they had waited until now.

        "Did you want a s'more?" Andrew asks Hanna. It was already night time and the staff had set out campfires and provided the ingredients for students to make s'mores as a last gift to everyone.

        "No. I don't really do sweets."

        Andrew gasps. Not only was he surprise that Hanna didn't like chocolate; like really? Who doesn't like chocolate. But it was shocking to know that he never caught on it all this time they've been together. "What! Really? But I thought all girls liked sweet things especially chocolate."

        Hanna chuckles. She loved it when Andrew gasped because he did it so dramatically. "Most girls do. I'm just not most girls. And of all sweets, I dislike chocolate the most. The only thing sweet I do is pop."

       "Interesting. I just learned something new." Andrew stuffs his s'more into his mouth. "Well I love chocolate."

        "Great. Then you can have my share of s'mores too."

        Andrew's whole face lights up. "Really? Thanks." He starts roasting Hanna marshmallows.

        Hanna watched Andrew and tried to take in as much of his image as possible. She was going to miss him so much. She already misses him so much that her chest was hurting and she had to stop the tears from forming in her eyes. Who would have thought that she could come to like someone this much. She's never cared for boys or boyfriends, which was how she had felt when she first met Andrew, but each day he slowly crept into her heart; and now that's where he would stay forever.

        "Hey Andrew. Is this seat taken?" Rachel asks Andrew.

        Andrew looks at the seat next to him. "Ummm...No."

        Rachel sat down and scooted in closer to Andrew; a little too close in Hanna's opinion. Rachel kept talking to him, but all he replied back were simple no's and yes's. Hanna sat there for a few minutes before deciding that she couldn't stand hearing Rachel ask stupid questions anymore and so she got up and left.

        Life really can change in a flash can't it? Hanna sighs. One more day before its back to the reality.

        "Hey you really need to stop running off." Hanna turns around to see Andrew standing behind her.

        Hanna smiles. Just as much as she has been running away, he too has constantly been on the look for her all day. "Sorry. I needed to get away from the campfire for a bit."

       "Yea. It was starting to get a little too much." Andrew came up next to Hanna and then lowers himself down and makes himself comfortable on the grass.

        "What are you doing?" Hanna looks down at Andrew.

        Andrew grabs her hands and pulls her down. "Come and sit with me." Hanna didn't protest and made herself comfortable next to Andrew. "I can't believe camp is over."

       Not really believing it either, Hanna signs and continues to look straight ahead. "Are you all packed to go?"

       "Umm...yeah. You know, at first I really hated it here and wanted to go back home, but now I'm really going to miss it." Andrew said as he stared out at the stars.

        "What changed?"

      "You."

       That answer shocks Hanna and almost immediately her eyes start to water.

        Andrew turns to look at Hanna. "Thanks Hanna for being friends with me. Camp became fun after becoming friends with you. Thanks for becoming me friend."

        Hanna laughs; trying her best to not let her tears fall. "I didn't befriend you. It was you who came and scared the crap out of me."

       Andrew thought for a second and then bursts out laughing. "You're right. I did do that. Sorry again about that. I really wasn't thinking of trying to scare you that day. I just didn't want to disturb you."

       "Yeah well you did too good of a job that it scared me. But you know there were plenty of other seats too." She still didn't know why Andrew had chosen to sit by her.

        "I know. But I wanted to sit there and you just happened to be there too." He was completely lying, but what else was he supposed to say. Admit to her that she intrigued him? No, no way was he going to tell her that. "I almost didn't see you cause you were so short." Andrew pokes Hanna on the head.

        Hanna swats his hand away. "Oh shut up."

        Andrew breaks into a huge smile. "But nonetheless, I'm glad I sat by you because if I hadn't, camp never would have been this fun."

        Hanna smiles too. "Well I'm glad you did because camp would have been pretty boring for me too."

        Andrew leans over and shoulder bumps Hanna. "I know. I'm such a fun person to be around huh?"

        "Pfft. Yeah right. I'm the fun person here." She bumps him back.

        Andrew rolls his eyes. "You wish."

        "Oh no, I don't wish. I know." Hanna nods her head.

        They look at each other for a second before bursting into laughter. They continue to laugh and joke around for the rest of the night.

        They were all alone and as the night went on, it seemed like they were the only two people in the world. They both knew that this was the last for them. Yes they laughed and joked, but behind all that, there was sadness. They both longed to have more days to be in each other's presence.

        The last day finally arrived and there was a mixed aura of happiness and sadness in the auditorium as all the students gathered one last time before everyone parted ways. Hanna and Andrew sat towards the back since they didn't care so much about participating in some last minute games. Besides it was so much more fun watching everyone as they laugh together whenever something funny happened or someone said something stupid on stage.

        It was all fun and laughs until it was officially time for everyone to board the buses. People in the front were rushing to get out and since neither one wanted to go, Hanna and Andrew stay seated until the very end when they too had to leave.

        There were so many people trying to get out that they were soon split up. Hanna was shoved towards the front and Andrew got pushed back. 

       Hanna looked back to look for Andrew and saw that he too was looking for her. Hanna tried to stop and Andrew tried to move forward, but neither one made much progress with so many people blocking their way.

      In Hanna's desperate attempt, someone blindsided her causing her to stumbled back and loss eye contact with Andrew. After a while of pushing and shoving, Hanna finally made it out of the auditorium and found a safe spot to stand in hopes of waiting for Andrew. When she was finally able to spot him, she just about headed towards him, but stopped when she saw that he was already with his parents and they were walking away. 

        As if he felt Hanna's eye on him, Andrew turns back just in time for them to make eye contact with one another. 

        Hanna!  He wanted so badly to run back to her and  give her a big goodbye hug, but his dad had a firm grip on his upper arm. Even as his parents continue to pull him away, his eyes stayed on Hanna.

        Andrew! Hanna takes a step towards Andrew, but got nowhere before someone grabs her hand.

        "Hanna, lets go. We're gonna be late for the bus." Becky pulls her in the opposite direction.

       Knowing that there was nothing neither one of them could do, they both did their best to give each other one last happy smile, but the smiles never reached their eyes. 

        They kept eye contact until they could no longer see each other. 

        When she completely lost sight of Andrew, Hanna quickly wipes the teardrop that has managed to fall. Bye Andrew! I hope you live a happy life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497 6 10
A story about two people that are meant to be, but fight their constant attraction to one another. They continue to find each other at different poin...
350K 9.7K 56
NOTE: (editing is minor. This is a rough copy) "So, girls, how's it going?" I inserted myself. They peer over their shoulders at the same time, face...
16K 211 12
Abigale isn't what you call pretty, or bright. She's average, with the below average schooling . Abi gets bullied for her nerdy appearance, and her h...
335 12 43
For Everly it had been 10 years. 10 years in love with her best friend. Their bond was unlike anything they'd ever experienced in their lives. A bond...