Playing Hard To Get | COMPLET...

Af UniqueAlexJ

* I started writing this story in 2014-2015 so there's many errors and grammar issues* CRINGE WORTHY BE ADVIS... Mere

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 2

207K 5.4K 1.5K
Af UniqueAlexJ

Author's Note

Dedicated to ali1126. I kinda lied, i said i was going to post on June 5th but i wanted to post sooner! I was just too excited. Enjoy the chapter and as the chapters progress, I promise you that they will get spicier so stay on your toes!

_______________________________

Chapter 2

Dinner was awkward last night and as I thought about the events that happened last night, I wanted to punch myself in the face. Why did I have to ask about his lip? Like, seriously, Jess? I felt bad. The dude had just came from that hell hold, I seriously don't think he would want to talk about anything about what went on in there.

I shoved the applesauce in Jamie's mouth. My mom had left for work this morning, leaving only Jamie, Matt and myself in the house.

I've been waiting for Matt to come downstairs so I could apologize for what had happen. But I wasn't stupid, he was rude as well and I wanted an apology from him as well but I knew that I would have to be the bigger person and apologize first.

I made a silly face that caused Jamie to laugh as I fed her. "Come on, the chu-chu-train is coming in." I exclaimed, referring the applesauce as a train.

She grinned showing off her pink gums. I returned her smile and wiped her mouth with a baby cloth wipe. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs.

Finally, he woke up, I said in my thoughts.

A couple of seconds later, Matt came walking in, completely undress.

His hair was messed up in all types of directions and his eyes looked very red, as if he lacked rest. But the thing that really had me surprised was the fact that he only had his boxers on, which I may add, were hanging low, showing off some smooth tan skin. His chest looked like another version of a Hercules sculpture.

I diverted my eyes, seeing how he simply ignored me and went straight to the fridge, pulled out our milk carton and chugged down gallons of it. I was appalled by the scene.

We never drink from the carton!

"Matt," I said his name, trying to get his attention. "We never drink out of the carton like that." I expressed, setting him straight.

He turned around and slit his eyes. "Maybe you should start then," he retorted back.

I rolled my eyes and tried my best not to look at his chest as he stood facing me. I put down the applesauce and wiped Jamie's mouth. I turned to Matt. This was the time to apologize. "So yesterday was pretty rough," I said, starting off slow.

He sighed and began to speak but I cut him off.

"Look, I know that your past is pretty heavy and I'm sorry for saying anything that offended you." I apologized.

He rolled his brown eyes and closed the carton of milk, slipping onto the counter. "Whatever," he mumbled as he walked off.

I watched as his back retreated back to where he had came from. I sighed and turned to Jamie.

"At least you can't say that I didn't try," I mumbled.

Jamie, being a baby and all, simply giggled and reached out for me to lift her up.

I smiled and took her up from the high chair, setting her on my hip. She smiled at me and began to play with my hair. My phone chimed in my pocket, signaling that I had a text from someone. Carefully walking to the living room, I placed Jamie down on her alphabet rug and pulled my phone from my pocket.

It was a text from my mom.

               Mom: I forgot to tell you this. I left two hundred and seventy bucks in a envelope on the coffee table for you to go shopping with Matt and Jamie. The two hundred is for Matt to buy more essentials and clothing. The seventy bucks is for groceries. Please, make sure you take Jamie with you. Love you, bye.

I nearly frowned at the text. Not only was Matt ignoring me, but she wanted me to take him shopping? I tossed my phone on the couch and looked down at the coffee table. On it was a little envelope that was folded under a coffee mug. I sighed and grabbed it, tearing it open, seeing the money inside like my mother had said.

I look down at Jamie. "Let's just hope for the best," I said to her.

-

Getting Matt to actually leave the house with me was hard. He complained, he whined and he kept saying rude little unnecessary comments, but I managed to partially drag  him out of the house. As we stopped at a red light, I turned the radio up, letting Katy Perry's Unconditionally play.

Matt looked at me and rolled his dark eyes. "Can you please turn that foolishness down? She sounds so bad." He said, turning his head to the window in disgust.

I snorted at him. This was my—actually, my dad's car, but still—this was my car, my mom's money and my radio. I could listen to any type of music that I wanted.

I ignored him and sped off as the light switched to green.

I was stupid to think that he would quit complaining because not even two seconds later, he reached out and changed the station of the radio, letting a weird Latin song play. I looked up at him and slit my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I taunted. "What's your deal, dude? I apologized already, get over yourself."

"Maybe if you'd shut your trap, I'd be happy." He roared.

I sighed, fixing my mirror so that I could see Jamie to make sure she was okay in the backseat. She looked like she was finding amusement with seeing me argue with this broke joker. Sucking my teeth, I leaned over and changed the radio station back to Katy Perry's song which was almost finished, I might add.

The entire ride to the mall, Matt and I ignored each other. I couldn't grasp why he was so upset with me. Like seriously dude, I apologized, get over it.

Parking in a parking space, I turn the car ignition off. Looking over at Matt, I see that he hasn't moved. I sighed very loudly, shaking my head. Why did he really have to be this difficult? All he had to do is get out of this car, walk towards the entrance and get clothes and a couple of shoes.

Instead of paying him any attention, I pulled my keys out and opened the door, going over to Jamie's in the back so I could get her out. She was spitting and slobbering all over her clothes. I took her out, regardless of the mess she would make on my clothes.

After getting her safely into my arms, I grabbed her baby bag and dropped it on my shoulder. It felt like a sack of bricks. Why the hell was this thing so freaking heavy?

I glanced over at Matt. If he was here, then he should help.

"Can you hold this?" I pleaded.

He didn't even look up at me, he simply kept his eyes locked on the windshield. "I'm not going inside." He sounded so dead, like a vampire.

I shifted my weight on one hip. I was so done with his nasty attitude. It was getting so annoying. "Look, I have two hundred bucks that my mom wants to spend on you. For what reason? Maybe because you look like a broke joker and she wants to help you." I snapped. "Now get out of my car and help me take out this freaking stroller!"

He stared at me for a long time before chuckling to himself a bit. "You know, for a small little cute girl like you, you have quite a mouth on you."

I could feel my cheeks beginning to redden but I tried to hide it, putting a scowl on my face. "Yeah, whatever. Please, just get the damn stroller."

He smiled at me, for the first time actually making the cut on his lip unnoticeable. I was happy when he actually listened for once and exited the vehicle, going to the truck and pulling out Jamie's stroller. "There, put the baby in so we can go buy some stupid clothes and shit." He swore.

I , unfazed by his demeanor, placed Jamie in the stroller once it was open up and we both strolled into the mall, side by side with a baby stroller between us.

I just hope people here didn't get the wrong idea and think we were a thing.

That would just be weird.

--------------------------

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

91.9K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
103K 3.6K 23
*completed **WARNING!!!**: THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK ON WATTPAD. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE MY WRITING OFF OF THIS. I KNOW IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT IT WAS...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...