The Hamilton Charm

By LilMissSarcastic

Most women describe Iver Hamilton to be sexy, suave, and sophisticated. He is sex on legs and a total man-who... More

The Hamilton Charm
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Watty Challenge !!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Not an update!!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
NOT AN UPDATE !
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Not an update!
Chapter 38
Not an update !!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Not an update- sorry guys :(
Chapter 42
Author Update
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Update
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Update on progress

Chapter 7

120K 3.5K 293
By LilMissSarcastic

It was just another day in Paris; it was windy, dull and very cold. People waited in bus stops, in traffic and at the Metro. But for me it was not another normal day, I was being dragged by five husky puppies down the street. I’m sure the people I passed got some laugh watching me struggle and hold onto their leads for dear life because if I lost them Hamilton would kill me. Actually who am I kidding he doesn’t give a shit. I could probably let them go right now and he wouldn’t give a crap. He is just so heartless. I arrived at the vets and quickly checked my watch. I had only a minute to spare. After struggling at the entrance for a good minute trying to open the door, missing the massive sign that said ‘Push’, I shuffled inside and collapsed on one of the chairs.

The lady on reception cleared her throat. “Give me a minute” I wheezed. She sighed loudly and her perfectly manicured nails continued to tap away on her keyboard. She was a chubby lady with dyed blonde hair and a sour expression on her face. She didn’t seem like the nicest woman in the world. She acted like she had a stick shoved up her arse. There was only one other woman in the waiting room. She was too busy typing in her phone to notice me. She had what looked like an oversized rat stuffed into her handbag. The poor animal, I felt bad for it. The girl finished with her phone and threw it into her bag, my nose scrunched up in disgust; imagine if it went to the bathroom in her bag.

I pushed myself out of my seat and slowly walked towards the receptionist’s desk. I winced in was not a good day to where high heeled boots. I don’t know what I was thinking; those little puppies seemed so helpless yesterday. I leaned against her desk. “Hi...” I quickly scanned for a name tag “Madame Amelie, I have an appointment with Dr. Cassio Richmond for half nine” The woman huffed and typed away on her computer. “I am not Madame, I am not old enough” she hissed. I just nodded and quickly apologised, she definitely wasn’t a Mademoiselle, she is way too old. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “He is ready to see you” she said with a fake smile on her face. I grimaced and grabbed the dogs by their collar and walked into the hallway.

The dogs didn’t want to do the dragging and suddenly the roles were reversed. I pulled them through the doorway and into the examining room. My back was in bits afterwards.

Once the door closed behind me, I dropped their leads and ripped off my hat and scarf. I was way too hot. I quickly fanned my face with my hat and turned around to face the vet. He had his back to me. But my, was he sexy. He was tall, thin but not too thin and had a gorgeous head of chocolate brown hair. One of the dogs nudged my leg and I looked down. Its cute little face was squished against my leg and its eyes were closed. I reached down and gave it a rub.

“Jesus, five puppies, how did you get here!” the vet exclaimed in a sexy British accent. I quickly glanced upwards and my mouth dropped open. He was gorgeous; he had lovely stormy blue eyes surrounded by crow’s feat. His eyes were wide with surprise and he was grinning at me. His smile was so genuine and his teeth were pearly white. He had some facial hair but not too much, it was very sexy. The white coat he wore brought out his light tan. I sighed, he was just too cute. I could just imagine him walking up to me and kissi-. I was brought out of my day dream by his voice.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry I didn’t even notice them there, no wonder you are so surprised” he apologised and ran across the room and removed the bloody gloves from the counter. “Oh it’s okay” I composed myself and smiled back at him. I didn’t want to have to explain to him that it was actually him I was staring at in surprise and was fantasying about him kissing me. I went bright red with embarrassment. “I was delivering two puppies earlier” he said with pride in his voice. My mouth was dry so I just nodded in reply. Ugh he must think that I’m so stupid.

“Anyway don’t hang by the door bring those little puppies forward and let me have a look” he said and beckoned me forward. My eyes widened, well that escalated fast, he wants to see my boobs already. He slowly walked towards me and then bent down in front of me. Oh god what is he doing! “Aww they are so cute, how old are they?” he asked while looking up at me his blue eyes glistening. I quickly looked down and my shoulders dropped. God I felt like such an idiot, he was talking about the dogs all along. I laughed to myself, how could I forget that five puppies were surrounding me. And how could I possibly think that he was talking about my boobs. Who calls breasts, puppies. I rolled my eyes at my stupidity.

“Oh I’m not really sure, they are my bosses, his dog impregnated the other dog down the hall” I explained quickly. “Oh, what a man-whore” he said playfully and winked at me. He grabbed two of the puppies and placed them on the examining table. His muscles flexed and his jacket tightened around his arms. I swooned a little.

“So why do you have them if they are your bosses?” He asked while checking the heartbeat of one of the puppies. It kept shuffling around so I grabbed it by the collar. “Thanks” he said and gave me one of his swoon-worthy smiles. He was looking at me expectantly, I looked back and then realised that it was my turn to reply. “Oh right, he is a bit of an asshole, and basically said that I have to sell all these puppies bar one by tomorrow or I won’t have a job” I rolled my eyes. “Oh no, what a bastard, does he not realise that it’s very difficult to sell huskies in Paris” he said while frowning. “Oh I explained that to him but he just doesn’t care” I complained. Cassio sighed and continued to inspect the other puppies.

Everything went smoothly, the microchips were injected into each dog with no problem and they were all given kennel cough besides my little puppy who I named Gregor. Cassio got the needle ready and I was holding the puppy by his collar. Cassio grabbed Gregor by the muzzle and injected the liquid up his nose. Gregor coughed and sneezed and then suddenly bit Cassio on the hand. It was only a nip but it drew some blood. I quickly let go of Gregor's collar and reached for his hand which he was clutching to his chest. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know that he was going to do that” I exclaimed and dragged Cassio over to the sink and rinsed his hand. He hissed with the pain. “It's okay, don’t worry about it, worse has happened” He said while grinning through the pain as I washed it out with disinfectant. “Do you have any plasters?” I asked. “No, it’s okay” he laughed and slowly pulled his hand out of my clasp. He walked over to the table and petted Gregor on the head. “It’s okay little guy, I wouldn’t want someone shoving a needle up my nose either” he cooed and massaged his ear. He was just too cute for his own good. “So what did you call them” he inquired while petting some of the other puppies. “I didn’t want to grow attached because I can only keep one. I named the one that bit you Gregor, he is my favourite” I held my hand out to Gregor and he shoved his head into the palm of my hand and licked my wrist. Cassio laughed his crow's feet were more prominent now “It’s kind of funny how the one you like bit me. I hope he won’t do that in the future” he then winked at me. What does he mean by the future, as in he wants something to come of this? I mentally did a happy dance but then my smile dropped from my face. He is Gregor’s vet that’s what he meant by the future, ugh I feel like such a dumbass.

“So how do you plan on selling them all” He asked while flicking through one of his appointment books. “Em well I put an ad up online and I also called a friend who is big into dogs and she said that she would pass the message on” I said twisting my silver ring around my finger. “Well, hopefully that works out, but in the meantime I might be able to give you some help” My head snapped up and why eyes widened in excitement. “I will take any help I can get” I said grinning. “Okay but don’t get your hopes up” he said grinning, “I was just checking my book for a lady that was in here last week looking for a husky. I can give her a call and let you know” I nodded very enthusiastically and he left the room to give her a call.

I slumped into one of the chairs and looked around. There were photos on the walls of all different breeds of dogs and posters of their anatomy. He had some personal photos up too of family and friends. He was smiling in every single one. It was such a refreshing change from Hamilton and his constant frowning and sneering. I would kill to have Cassio as my boss. One picture in particular caught my eye, Cassio was hugging a girl and they seemed to be in love. I felt my heart drop in my chest. I was really hoping that he was single but a guy like him couldn’t possibly be single.

There was a slapping of shoes on the tile floor and then the door to the room opened. Cassio stood in the entrance smiling “She said that she would gladly take one of the puppies and that if you wanted to leave one here she can pick it up. I grinned at him like a maniac. I was so happy one down three to go. “Thank you so much” I said but he interrupted me “There’s more, I spoke to another vet here and we are willing to take two of them for two days and if nobody expresses any interest we will have to give them back to you. I would love to take them all but we just can’t afford it” he said as if what he suggested wasn’t good news at all.

I was so overcome with happiness and excitement, so my actions were sort of justified after that. I just wrapped my arms around his neck which was quite a stretch considering how tall he is and how short I am, and I kissed him. His eyes widened with surprise but they slowly closed. His once unrelenting lips were soft and smooth as they met mine. I couldn’t believe that I actually kissed Cassio. I was in shock. I started to pull away but Cassio wrapped his arm around my waist and his hand slipped into my hair. He pulled me closer to his body. He was so warm. I placed my hand on his bicep; I could feel his muscle tighten. His aftershave engulfed me but it wasn’t unpleasant. My heart was fluttering in my chest. I just meant to give him a quick peck and then leave but Cassio had turned it into a slow and passionate kiss. He pulled me closer and our lips caressed each other. It felt amazing. He started to kiss my neck and I sighed.

My phone rang and I quickly pulled away from Cassio. I was scared what if it was Hamilton. I grabbed it when I saw Callie’s picture pop up on the screen. “Hello” I answered. “Talia you’ll never believe it, remember that person I told you that might take the dog, well the agreed and they are coming over in an hour to your apartment to pick it up” I squealed “Thank you so much Callie, love you. I have to go I will talk to you later” I said grinning. I grabbed three of the puppies and gave them to Cassio. “Thank you so much, Callie says that she has another buyer for me” I said with pure excitement in my voice. “Emm okay and no problem” he said with a confused look on his face. I quickly kissed him on the cheek grabbed the two remaining puppies and left. “Talia about the kis-” he asked “I’m sorry I can’t talk now the buyer is coming to my apartment” I said behind me while walking out of the clinic. I was not going to address what happened earlier, I was way too embarrassed even if he did kiss me back. I could already feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I felt bad for kissing him when he might have a girlfriend but the fact that he kissed me back annoyed me more so.

I rushed home and went straight into my apartment. The buyer soon arrived and took the last puppy from my. I was ecstatic; I would still have my job tomorrow. I was so proud of the fact that I was able to sell four huskies in a day. I would have to call Hamilton. The smile dropped from my face and I groaned. I was not looking forward to this. I dialled his number and he picked up after a couple of rings. I could hear a girl giggling in the background. “Hamilton” I greeted, “Talia” he said in reply. “I sold the puppies”. I heard him growl something at the girl the background, she then laughed. There was a shuffle of feet and I presume she left the room. “What was it you said” He asked, I could tell that he was bored. “I said that I sold all the dogs and kept one like you ordered” I hissed. “Well done would you like a medal, I don’t see why you had to call me about that” he snapped. I gritted my teeth, what an asshole; I wish I could reach through the phone and choke him. He quickly hung up the phone and I was left with the dial tone. I thought he was bad before but he just seems to be getting progressively worse. It was really pissing me off.

I flung the phone onto my couch and pressed the on button on the remote for the TV. Horrible bosses was on, I could kind of relate the people in it, but Jesus nothing compares to the torture I suffer through every day. At this rate crawling back through glass on my hands and knees to my dad seemed better than going to work tomorrow. Before I used to love my job now I just dread it. I actually cannot wait until Hamilton leaves for London.

A.N. Sorry this chapter is a little shorter, I got back from holidays two days ago but I didn’t get a chance to update until now. I had so much work to do but its okay now. Sorry if this chapter is bad I’m so tired ha-ha. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter, I will try and have another one up tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who has voted, commented, and added this to their reading list:D. Love ye guys!

Anyway please Vote and Comment. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 9.1K 42
UNEDITED Between his semi-committed addiction to smoking and his role as CEO of Elemental Coffee, Cassian Russell has spent the majority of his life...
1.6M 49.9K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
225K 7.5K 15
Escaping a cheating ex, Ava Wilde flies to Paris during Christmas break to visit a friend. She's looking for a distraction but wasn't expecting it to...
12.1K 895 26
**ROMANTIC DRAMA/COMEDY** (Mature chapters will be available in private book) Have you ever had those cruel, negative little voices whispering in you...