The Dame of Dúnedain

Galing kay Newt4Life

Alaina was the miracle daughter of Arathorn II, second in line to be heir of Eriador after her older brother... Higit pa

A Visit To Bree
Stone Trolls
Fellowship of The Ring
Rightful Heirs
The Tomb of Moria
A Vest of Mithril
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
The Woods of Lothlorien
The Argonath
Son of Gondor
Riders of Rohan
The White Wizard
Théoden King
Brego
We Were Lucky
Fallen Brother
Reunited
Ancient Alliances
Battle of Helm's Deep
Gandalf the White
Saruman the White
Drunk Mercenaries
Fool of a Took
Lord Denethor of Gondor
The Brother of Boromir
Prepare For Battle
The Nazgul
Back Home
The Commanders
For Frodo
You Saved The World
You Bow To No One
Mirkwood
New Alliance
Starvation
Now Get Out
The Fourth Age
Lost Child
Athelas
Gears Turning
Nuntari
Dunland
Colosseum
Tears
Moria
Ice Lake
Lord Durin
We Go Home
Arathorn
Taken
Leaving
Elven Culture

In Love

430 7 0
Galing kay Newt4Life

January 15th, Fourth Age (40)

Alaina had accepted Durin's invitation to go along with dwarves to retake Moria. Alaina was torn between Ilain and Will's and Legolas' argument. Ilain and Wil both said that it would be a good investment for Arnor but Legolas and Alaina both knew the true evil that lies in the depths of the mine. 

But there they stood, two years later, getting ready to set out to Moria. Legolas was busy putting on his own armor as a couple handmaidens put Alaina's armor on for her. "Arms up, my queen," Aria said, Alaina raised both of her arms as they but her bracers on.

"I still think this is a bad idea," Legolas said, putting his shoulder pads on.

Alaina sighed, thinking back to their short time in Moria. "We survived that place once, we can do it again. Gandalf destroyed the demon that would change my mind about all of this."

The door slammed open and Nuntari stormed in causing Alaina and Legolas to roll their eyes at each other. Wil followed after her. "I want to go with you!" She yelled.

"I tried to stop her," Wil said, putting his hands up in defense.

Legolas took a deep breath, "You cannot go, Nuntari, that's the end of it."

"No it's not. I want to fight, I want to help!" Nuntari argued causing Alaina to sigh, looking at Legolas as though she was debating it.

"She's too much like you," Legolas chuckled.

"At least she's not more like you..." Alaina smiled, "Mr. Quiet and antisocial."

Legolas scoffed, "You are unbelievable."

Nuntari rolled both of her eyes, "Both of you are unbelievable." She began to pace around the room, her parents watched her intently. "You know very well that I would be able to hold myself in battle, and it would be good for the guards and our army to see me as a leader."

Alaina's armor was now put on and she grabbed her bow, putting it over her shoulder. Legolas and her looked at each other one more time, "You're responsible for her," Legolas said in Quenya, a language that Nuntari didn't know and Alaina had barely just learned from Legolas himself.

Alaina smirked, picking up the sword she used during the War of the Ring, tossing it to Legolas as she grabbed her current sword and the ring daggers given to her by Galadriel long ago and walked passed Nuntari, "Better get ready, we're leaving in five."

Legolas followed her, shoving the sword towards Nuntari who took it with a shocked look on her face. Wil sighed and mentally facepalmed, he put his hand on Nuntari's shoulder, "Try not to get me killed," he said before following her parents out of the room.

Nuntari looked down at the sword, unsheathing it to reveal the shiny elvish blade. She was told stories about the battles her mother had used this sword in and now that she was holding it, she felt a great weight upon her shoulders. 

But she was ready in five minutes nonetheless. She mounted her horse at the front of their battalion, next to her mother who sat tall on her horse, a mithril crown on her head. They had one dwarf named Farin amidst their crowd who came from the entrance of Moria where the rest of the dwarves were getting things ready.

Farin had quickly taken a liking to Nuntari. Which was strange seeing as how he was a dwarf and she was half-elven, and dwarves tended to hate elves. Though, Alaina knew that those days were long over.

Farin was Durin's best friend and advisor. And Alaina and Legolas knew that he had become keen on Nuntari because he placed a blue feather in her braided hair before the left. That was what was occupying Alaina's mind as they rode out of the city and to their first encampment. Also the fact that she was worried for her daughter, no matter how much of a warrior she looked like, her mother was still worried for her.

(A picture of Nuntari for you all. Though, her ears would be a bit less pointed. :))

Nuntari sat around a campfire with her parents, Wil and Farin. A lot of the camp was asleep but Alaina and Legolas were trading battle stories which entertained the few who were awake. 

"With the Rohirrim's help, I and them were making swift action of killing the army of Orc that laid on Minas Tirith's front yard," Alaina said, watching as Nuntari smiled. 

Battles from the War of The Ring were Nuntari's favorites. "But then the mumakil showed up, mercenaries from the South has come."

Legolas laughed, "Those things? Oh yes, I remember they were "quite big".." He joked.

Alaina hit her husband playfully, "Just because you and I could take one down doesn't mean the average man could."

Legolas chuckled again, "I could've done it without you."

"Like hell you could have," Alaina scoffed, "Do I need to remind you of both of our kill counts at the end of the battle?"

Legolas' eyes widened, "We showed up late!" He defended causing the people around them to burst out in laughter.

"I don't think I've ever seen you fight, mother," Nuntari watched her mother's reaction carefully.

Alaina smiled, "Well, the queen is not allowed to fight in the tournaments, though, the law made an exception for Legolas, the king." She looked at Legolas carefully.

Wil studied them both, "So who is better at fighting?"

"Me," Legolas and Alaina both answered at the same time. Turning to face each other with disbelief on their faces.

"I have had thousands of years of training," Legolas argued.

"Only by wood elves. I have learned from the best around the world, men, elves and rangers alike," Alaina defended herself.

"Fine then, a duel is in order," Legolas said, jumping to his feet.

Alaina followed close behind, reaching for her sword and instantly pointing it at him, "Your move, darling."

Legolas smiled, quickly unsheathing both of his long elven daggers and running run up against her sword. "Are you sure you want to do this? Don't you remember last time?"

"You mean when I beat your ass? Of course I do," Alaina said, stepping back and spinning her sword around. Nuntari watched them with awe in her eyes, a wondrous expression.

Legolas and Alaina's eyes were attached to each other before Legolas took the first swing to which Alaina collided her sword with his daggers and disarmed him of both in one swift motion. Legolas laughed, "You've gotten better," he said before grabbing his own sword and holding it up in his own defense.

"I have my free time," Alaina said with a small smirk on her face.

Alaina swung her sword and Legolas quickly blocked it, going for a swing at her which she also easily blocked. They were soon fighting for dominance, pressing their swords together, their faces came close and Alaina smiled, "Maybe you are better," she whispered, her breath touching his lips.

Legolas' guard was put down for the moment, his mind overthrowing his body and allowing Alaina to twist her leg around both of his and trip him. He dropped his sword and now Alaina's was at his neck.

"That's unfair!" Legolas yelled as Alaina sheathed her sword and the others clapped for her.

"How so? You of all people know never to get distracted during a fight," Alaina smiled at him.

"Yeah well, I couldn't ever resist you," Legolas said causing Alaina to blush and look away.

Only Nuntari understood what they said and she caught her mother's eyes, turning to Wil and Farin, "We should all go get some sleep, we'll reach Moria tomorrow."

Wil and Farin both knew what she meant as they left Legolas and Alaina alone entangled in each other's arms. In love and passionate about it.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

235K 6.2K 34
As the fellowship of the ring starts, Sauron arrises. Little did any good know that Sauron had a daughter. Meldiriel, is the only daughter of Sauron...
63.5K 1.4K 22
Thorin Oakenshield had a daughter. However, he knew not of her. She was taken from Erebor before Smaug came. Gandalf the Grey gave her to a Hobbit by...
57.9K 1.3K 12
Elariniel is Arwen's younger sister. She is a curious Elf who wants to see the world and join a great journey, that allows her to defeat evil and sav...
2.5K 52 15
Livia , daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrian, sister to Arwen and the twins Elladan, Elrohir loves to go to Adventures and explore the world. S...