Broken (A Niall Horan Fan Fic...

By RelentlessChaos

**WILL SOON BE UNDERGOING EXTREME EDITING** *FIRST BOOK IN THE "BROKEN" TRILOGY* I looked in my step-father... More

Broken: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen

329K 5.1K 3K
By RelentlessChaos

"You say you love rain, but you open your umbrella.

You say you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot.

You say you love the wind, but you close your windows.

This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too."

-"I Am Afraid (Korkuyorum)"

I thought this quote was really amazing. Thank you to LadyZix for telling me that it's actually from a Turkish poem, and NOT a quote from Shakespeare.

----------------------------------------

Ariella’s POV

            I sat on my bed with my legs crossed. Niall wasn’t answering any of my calls since our argument yesterday. I decided to call Liam

“Hello?” Liam answered.

“Hey, it’s Ariella,” I told him.

“How are things?” He asked.

“Um, they’re, uh – I guess okay,” I lied.

“I know you’re not okay, Ari. We can talk about it later. We’re in the hotel room right now,” Liam said.

Liam was too sweet. He always knew when something was wrong.

“Actually, before you go, could I speak to Niall? Please?” I begged.

I heard an Irish voice in the background say, “Tell her I’m not here.”

“Um, actually, he’s…sleeping,” Liam lied.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I just hung up without saying goodbye. I just held my phone close to my chest. Was Niall really that mad at me? I didn’t even do anything.

I was shocked when I got a call from Louis.

“What?” I answered.

“I miss you Ari. What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Everything, Lou,” I whispered.

“What’s going on with you and Niall?” He asked.

“He got mad because I didn’t call him back while my mom randomly visited me. He thought I was with Garrett, and he knows that Garrett and I are only friends,” I cried.

“I’ll talk to him, Ari,” Louis reassured me.

“I wish he would just talk to me,” I said.

“I wish we could talk for a little longer, but we’re going to do an interview and we have a show tonight. I’m sorry, Ari. I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Louis said.

“If I’m still here tomorrow…” I whispered.

“What?! Ari, you better not do anything stupid,” He said.

I just hung up. My phone buzzed again but I didn’t bother answering it. I went downstairs to get something to eat and Gemma didn’t even ask why I was crying. She already knew it was because of Niall. She said nothing as she hugged me and told me everything would be okay. I didn’t believe her. Everything wouldn’t be okay. I spent the rest of my day eating junk food and listening to depressing music on my iPod.

Louis’ POV

            I crossed my arms and wouldn’t let Niall out of the hotel room. He was being a total prick about this.

“Niall, call Ari, now,” I told him.

“No,” He said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“I just don’t want to talk to her,” He said while running his hands through his hair.

“That’s a lie. Niall, you love her!” I told him.

“I know I do, Louis, but –” He started.

“HA! YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT YOU LOVE HER!” I shouted, interrupting him.

His face flushed and then he just pushed past me and walked out. He really needs to call my poor Ari…

Ariella’s POV

            A week later, I was still ignoring calls from the boys. All of them had tried calling me, all of them except for Niall… I decided I would call him later today, even though I knew he wouldn’t answer.

I jumped in the shower and let the hot water sting my body. Once I was done, I just put on some jean shorts and one of Niall’s old shirts that he left here. It smelled just like him. I pulled my hair up and heard someone ringing the doorbell. I walked downstairs and opened it. Standing before me were Eleanor, Danielle, and Sally. They had ice cream and cupcakes and various sweet things.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“We’re here to make you forget about Niall for the day!” Danielle said.

“How did you know about Niall and me?” I asked.

“Our boyfriends told us…” Sally said.

“Zayn asked you to be his girlfriend?!” I asked.

“Yes!” She squealed.

“I’m so happy for you,” I told her.

“Don’t worry, the boys said they know Niall misses you,” Sally reassured me.

“Then why won’t he call me? Why won’t he even answer the phone when I call? I just want to hear his voice…” I said.

“Boys are just stupid,” Eleanor said. I nodded my head in agreement.

“Now… let’s start our girl’s night!” Danielle shouted.

“Wait, do you mind if I invite someone else over? I met her at the airport the day the boys left, and she’s super cool,” I said.

“Sure, call her up!” Eleanor said.

I smiled and then called Nicole.

“Yo!” She answered.

“What’s up my new friend from New York?!” I asked.

“I’m trying to learn how to play the harmonica,” She said.

“How’s that working out for ya?” I asked.

“Uh, not very well…” She said.

I started laughing.

“Do you want to come over? My friends and I are having a girl’s night and we wanted to include you!” I asked.

“Sure! I’ll be over there in ten minutes,” Nicole said.

“Alright, bye!” I hung up.

A little less than ten minutes later, Nicole just walked right in.

“I was really hoping this was the right house, because that would’ve been awkward if it someone else’s…” Nicole said.

Everyone laughed and then Sally turned to me.

“Dear John or The Notebook?” She asked.

“Both! Let’s watch The Notebook first. I love that movie,” I said.

While we were watching The Notebook, I looked around and saw that every girl had tears down their face and was clutching a bowl of ice cream. This actually turned out to be a very good day.

Hours later, we were done watching Dear John and The Notebook and we were just eating so much food. We laughed over every little thing.

“We all need to go shopping sometime. That would be so much fun,” Danielle slurred in a sleepy voice.

In no less than five minutes later, we were all passed out in the living room floor.

**

The next morning, Gemma walked in through the door and saw all of us in the floor.

“Ariella, did you have a girl’s night without me?!” She asked.

“I’m sorry Gemma! You were gone,” I said.

“You better include me in the next one…” She grumbled.

“Speaking of you being gone, where were you?” I asked her.

Gemma looked down and her cheeks turned red.

“I stayed the night at Christian’s flat,” She said.

“CHRISTIAN?! The one we met at the club some weeks ago?!” I asked.

“Yes,” She said sheepishly.

“How cute,” I said.

“You’re welcome to hang out with Christian and me sometime…” Gemma said.

“Thanks Gemma,” I said.

She just nodded her head and ran upstairs, but not without stealing a cupcake first. I chuckled.

A few hours later, all of the girls had gone home but promised that we would have another girl’s night soon. I was just lying on the couch wearing Niall’s shirt and being a bum. Gemma ran down the stairs and asked me, “Do you want to go shopping with Christian and me?”

“Sure,” I said.

Wow, I sure do go shopping a lot.

Christian picked us up in a beautiful, black Aston Martin.

“Gemma, you better marry this guy…” I said. Christian laughed and Gemma just blushed.

One Direction came on the radio and I groaned. Stupid Niall…

“You wanna listen to somethin’ else?” Christian asked.

“Please,” I said.

He turned the station and “Boyfriend” by Justin Bieber was on.

“Gross,” Christian muttered as he changed the station again.

“Justin Bieber’s okay,” I said.

“THIS IS BETTER!” He yelled as A Day To Remember blasted through his speakers.

“I totally agree!” I said. We were both shouting the lyrics whilst Gemma was laughing her head off.

“This is good. My boyfriend and my sister actually get along!” She said.

“Whatever, I actually hate Ariella,” Christian joked.

Once we got to the mall, he got out of his car and held open Gemma’s door.

“I’m not opening Ariella’s door for her,” Christian said, sticking his tongue out at me.

“Just kidding,” He said. He opened my door for me and then he put his arm around Gemma’s waist as we walked into the huge mall.

A girl who looked about twelve came up to me and said, “Oh, wow! You’re Niall Horan’s girlfriend. You’re so pretty!”

“Thank you, sweetheart, but where did you hear that I was his girlfriend?” I asked.

“There’s a picture of you two in this magazine!” She said, handing it to me.

I looked and sure enough, on the cover there was a picture of Niall and I sitting extremely close together at Nando’s. The title read, “NIALL HORAN’S NEW GIRL?” in big bold letters.

“Do you mind if I keep this magazine?” I asked her.

“No, you can keep it! But will you autograph my shirt?” She asked.

I nodded in awe. She gave me a sharpie and I signed my name with a little heart beside it.

“Thank you!” She said. Then she walked away.

“Wow. At least it’s a nice picture of you,” Gemma said.

I looked at it and then put it in my purse.

“Uh, I need to go in that store and get some…feminine products. I’ll get some for the both of us, Ariella,” Gemma said, walking into a store called PAMPERED.

Christian and I waited outside awkwardly.

“Ariella, I’m really glad that I met Gemma,” He said.

“I can tell,” I said.

“She’s so perfect,” Christian said.

“That’s so sweet. I’m glad she found someone for her,” I said.

“What about you? Do you have a sweetheart?” He asked.

“I do, but he’s really mad at me and hasn’t spoken to me in almost two weeks. He won’t even answer when I call…” I said.

“You should dump him,” Christian said.

“No!” I protested.

“Why not? He’s not even talking to you and you’re sitting here feeling horrible about it. He’s the one that should be feeling horrible, not you. Why do you let him treat you like that?” Christian asked.

Then I began to wonder, why do I let people treat me horribly?

“I don’t know, Christian…” I said.

“Well you should probably figure it out. I’m sorry for sounding so harsh, but you’re such a nice girl and it sounds like your boyfriend doesn’t deserve you,” Christian said.

“But he does deserve me. He’s the sweetest thing…” I said.

“It doesn’t seem that way to me, darling. I just don’t want to see you hurt, and I’m sure your friends feel the same way. Wait, why don’t you call him right now? If he answers, you talk to him. If he doesn’t, I get to leave him a voicemail…” Christian said.

“Okay, but you better not say anything mean,” I told him.

“Listen to yourself. You just automatically assumed that he wouldn’t answer…” Christian said.

I ignored him and called Niall. It rang and rang and rang, and finally his voicemail came on. I handed the phone to Christian and sat down on a bench.

“He is not going to like me when he hears this…” Christian said. He walked to the men’s bathroom. Crap, now I don’t even get to hear what he’s going to say to Niall.

Gemma came walking out of the store with a bag and said, “That line was so long! Wait, where did Christian go?”

“He went to the bathroom to leave Niall a nasty voicemail, I’m sure…” I said.

“Aww, it’ll be okay, Ari. I’m pretty sure Niall will call you right after he hears that. First he’ll probably ask who that was on the phone, and then he’ll apologize. I’m sure of it,” Gemma tried to reassure me.

“I hope so…” I said.

A few minutes later, Christian walked out of the bathroom with a big smile on his face. He handed me back my phone. In my mind, all I could wonder was what he said to Niall…

Niall’s POV

            After all of the boys talked to me, I finally decided to call Ariella. I missed her so much, and not talking to her was really killing me. The tour was over in a week, and then I could see her. I’m still mad about the whole thing even though I shouldn’t be. All of the boys were sitting beside me on my bed in the hotel room. All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. Everyone looked around for it, and by the time it went to voicemail, Louis stood up and held it in the air triumphantly.

“You have one voicemail, Niall,” He said.

“Where was my phone?” I asked.

“Oh, I was sitting on it by accident,” Louis said.

“And you didn’t feel it?” I asked.

“Nope!” He said.

I rolled my eyes and saw that the voicemail was from Ariella.

“Ooh, set it on speaker! We all want to hear!” Louis said.

I set it on speaker and then all the boys leaned closer to hear it. I expected to hear Ariella’s voice, but it definitely wasn’t her. It was a man!

“You better listen to me while I’m saying this, you little prick. I don’t even know what your name is, but I’ll assure you that you’re going to know mine. My name is Christian Ludovic, and I’m one of Ariella’s friends, but you wouldn’t know that, would you? Because you’ve been ignoring her, isn’t that right? Anyways, I just wanted you to know what you’ve left behind: a broken girl. Congratulations.”

The whole room was silent as the voicemail ended.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, Christian makes a reappearance. I bet you guys didn't see that one coming, did you? ;)

So, do you all like Christian? What are your opinions on him? Tell me below in a comment. :) There is a picture of him to the right ---->

Vote & comment please! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 196 23
In and out. In and out. Step by step. Keep moving. This is all I think about. I feel empty since my perfect world crashed and burned. My mom died of...
29.6K 2.5K 64
Sequel To Alpha's Broken Luna [h.s.] Book 2/3 // "Calla we have to hurry!" I screamed. "Me don't want to leave Harry!" She cried. "Listen, if we st...
296K 5.2K 22
✓ (ONE OF MY FIRST STORIES. SUCKS REALLY BAD. I'M SORRY. CONSIDERING DELETING.) Harry Styles doesn't know the meaning of love anymore..His parent's d...
3.7M 80.6K 77
in which joelle d'amore is completing her final semester of university in the grand city of los angeles, california. when she finds herself in the pr...