Half a Heart - A Harry Styles...

By imaginefor1D

Alexandra Norvelle is your average 16-year old high schooler with a normal life along with her best friend Ha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 10

33 3 0
By imaginefor1D

The ride home was silent. I wasn't sure if my mother had seen my encounter with Weston but I'm really hoping she didn't.

Once we got inside I start to head upstairs when she stops me.

"Alex?"

"Yeah, mom?" I say before turning around to face her.

"I just wanted to see if you are okay." She says. "You didn't say anyhting the ride home.." She gives me concerning eyes.

"Yeah, no I'm fine." I reply and she frowns.

"Please don't do that." She simply says and I give her a confusing look.

"What do you mean?"

"Shut me out. You always do.. I thought that maybe tonight we could of bonded a bit, but you just zoned out." She says and my heart aches. She was trying reach out to me and all I could focus on was a guy I'd only met.

"Alex?" My mother snaps me out of my thoughts. "I'm not presuring you to tell me anything but if you ever need to talk about anything.. I'm here." She says and I nod before she turns on her heel and starts to walk away.

"Mom, wait." I say and she turns around, her eyes glossy.

I end up telling her a lot of things I never have. I decide to leave out my recent cutting and the dream that has haunted me for the past few years.

"I don't get it. Why would Katie do that to you at the dance?" She asks and I just shake my head.

"I dunno. She just doesn't like me I guess." I lie and she nods.

Okay well I think we should both get ready for bed, yeah?" She says and I nod before I starting to head up the stairs. I'm once again stopped by my mother calling behind me.

"Alex.." She begins. "What did he say to you? Back there at the resturant.." She voice trails off and my heart starts to race as I turn around to face her.

There is a long silence and I can feel my face burning red as my mother stares at me, waiting for a response.

"Nothing, mom. It was nothing." I say and she lets out a sigh.

"Alright then. See you tomorrow." She says and turns around before stalking over to her bedroom, shutting the door, and leaving me alone on the steps.

I start to walk upstairs again until I'm turned around once again.

"Alex."

"Yes mom?" I say, a bit annoyed until I turn around to her holding out my phone to me.

"Here. The weekend is technically over and I think you deserve it back so.." She says and I smile before taking the device and giving my mother a quick hug before heading to my room.

As soon as I reach my room, I turn on my phone to be greeted by numerous missed calls from Harry. I quickly press the callback button and the phone rings a few times before a groggy voice picks up.

"Hello?" His raspy British accent making me melt.

"Hey Haz. Just got my phone back. Did I wake you?"

"Nah it's cool. How was the horrific dinner with your mum's boss?" He asks and my mind travels to..him.

Stop it. You have Harry and he makes you happy. You've only just met Weston.

"Alex?" Harry snaps me out of my trance.

"Sorry just thinking.."

"Bout what?" He asks and I look over to my bookbag by my door.

"Just studying for the test in Mr. Mosely's class." I lie and I hear Harry chuckle from the other side of the line.

"Alex. That test was last week." Shit. "Tell me what's really on that pretty little mind of yours." He says and my heart flutters.

"Okay.. It's just the dinner tonight.." I trail off and I hear Harry hum, signaling me to continue. "And I was just thinking if my mom were to get this promotion.." I continue.

"Yeah..?" Harry says.

Oh my god he's buying it.

"That what it could lead to."

"Explain."

"Well, what usually happens if a person gets a promotion or better job opportunities?" I ask and I hear Harry suck in a sharp breath.

"You don't think.." He begins. "But you couldn't-"

"I'm not saying its happening but just imagine.. what if it was?" I ask, starting to wonder myself how my life would change if my mom and I had to move because of her job.

"Let's not think about that. You're here now and thats all that matters."

"I'm not going any where anytime soon." I smile and let out a yawn.

"Sounds like someones tired." I hear him laugh and I return one.

"Yeah. Hey I'll see you tomorrow though. It's been the worst weekend without you.." I say.

"Same. I'll meet you tomorrow at your place. 7?"

"Sounds great. See you then. Night Harry."

"Night, babe."

He hangs up and I let out an exhausted sigh, laying back on my duvet for a few minutes before standing up, and heading to my closet. I grab my favorite Fray t-shirt and sweatpants before changing out of my dress and heading to the bathroom. I brush out my hair and put it into a fishtail braid to the right side and brush my teeth before grabbing my phone and crawling under my blankets.

I aimlessly scroll through Twitter and Instagram before my curiousity gets the best of me. I walk over to my purse I used earlier and pull out the small slip of paper Weston had handed me. I open it and a phone number reveals itself along with a little note at the bottom.

Text me babe. P.S. You looked amazing in that dress tonight. -Weston

I type his number into my phone and before I know what I'm doing I send him a text.

*Hey it's Alex.*

I lay back against my bed and wonder what Harry would think about me talking to Weston. It's not like I want to date him. I'm really happy with Harry and he should know nobody is getting in the way of that.

I feel my phone vibrate against my hand and I unlock my phone.

*Hey beautiful. Glad you put that slip of paper to use.*

I catch myself smiling and I immediately stop. I decide to text something I'm hoping won't make him upset but also something that needs to be said.

*Yeah me too. Thank you for the compliment.. But I think there's something you should know before this goes anywhere, okay?*

*Shoot.*

*I adore how sweet you are but I have a boyfriend. And he makes me happy.*

I smile at the thought of Harry before switching off my phone and waiting nervously for his response.

*Hey, that's cool. I wouldn't wanna get in the way of anything. If you're happy that's all that matters and any guy would be so lucky to have the title of your boyfriend.*

He says and I smile, but this time I don't stop myself. He genuinely just cares about my happiness and that's pretty rare in a boy these days.

*Thank you again(: I need to go to bed but I'll talk to you tomorrow.*

*Alright. Night beautiful.*

I set my alarm on my phone before setting it on my side table. I switch off my light and lay back, taking in everything that happened this weekend.

...

I wake up the next morning to my alarm blaring in my ears. Usually, I would be too tired to care enough to get up before snoozing my alarm 10 times but considering my excitement to see Harry I can't help but shoot right out of bed.

I quickly change into a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain t-shirt before tossing on a hoodie. I fix my hair in loose curls and apply light makeup before scanning my reflection in the mirror. I shove my phone into my back pocket before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.

I stop in the kitchen and grab a bowl from the cabinet before searching for the Coco-Puffs. When the item of interest is found I pour myself some along with a bowl for Harry, knowing its his favorite. I add milk, along with spoons and set them on the table. Just then, the doorbell rings.

"I got it!" I yell in the direction of my mother's room, just then remembering she's at work. I laugh at myself before opening the door to the face I've missed all weekend.

He immediately engulfs me in a hug, making me wrap my arms around his neck. He picks me up by my waist and spins me around making both me and him laugh. I missed that laugh.

"I missed you." His words muffled against my hair after he lets me down, hugging me again.

"Dido." I say poking his sides before leading him to the table where the two bowls are placed. His face lights up and I laugh.

"You are the best." He smiles and I return one.

After we finish eating we grab our book bags and head out to his car. On the way there Harry's hand is placed on my thigh, a gesture he's never done before but I don't stop him.

School doesn't go as well as I wanted it to. Many people making jokes about what happened at the dance. Snickers whenever I walked down the hall. Rude comments. But having Harry next to me was all I needed. Since the little rearranging of Louis' face, Harry became pretty intimidating. All he had to do was shoot somebody a glare and they wouldn't say a thing to me the rest of the day.

I'm not sure what I would do without Harry. He is really the only one who has stuck by my side throughout everything so far and I wouldn't want it to be any other way. becuase..

He makes me smile.

He makes me laugh.

He is there when I'm down.

He there to catch me when I fall.

He completes me.

He is my other half, my heart.

And you can't live with only half of a heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.9K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
139K 2.8K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.8M 58.9K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...