The Other Side.

By AbbyTheAmazing

Sometimes the side chick is better. More

1. Him
2. Max, the business man
3. Us
4. Work as usual
5. Apologies
6. Padre e Hijos
7. How it started (part one)
8. How it started (part two)
9. How it started (part three)
10. Javier
11. Welcome home Olivia
12. Advice from the wise
13. Michael
14. Conflicted
15. A mother's words
16. Olivia, the shopaholic
17. To the rescue
18. Take it slow
19. The living room
20. Olivia's Conundrum
21. Skeleton Left in the Closet
?
22. A little background
23. Making a friend
24. Starting off on the wrong foot
??
!
25. Can't help Myself
26. What's really going on?
27. Truth be told
28. Who could it be?
29. Not good enough
30. Wait a minute..
31. Watch your mouth
32. Let her go
33. Only if you want to
34. You're tired?
35. Don't call her phone
36. A fire ignited
37. Can't fight the fire
38. A listening ear
39. Destination arrived
40. Calling a lifeline
41. Pity party for one
42. The mother, the son, and the Devil himself
!
43. Decisions, decisions
Let's play a game
44. The straw that broke Michael's back
45. Can't drink it away.
46. Pre-wedding jitters
not an update ☹
47. Pre Wedding Jitters (p.2)
Hey!
48. Sneak peek... Times ticking
49. The wedding
👀
51. The Unthinkable
Im back!

38. A short visit

34K 1.6K 607
By AbbyTheAmazing

I told you guys why I'm not updating so much at the beginning of the last chapter. Stop with the "update" comments. I'm trying sheesh 😂😂😂😂

Side note: I feel like I don't have much of a relationship with you guys. Other authors have full blown conversations with their readers and I'm a bit jelly

So I want to get to know you guys. Tell me about yourselves. 💁 Like what's your nickname? Where are you guys from? Your favorite story at the moment? I really wanna know.

Sorry for any mistakes...
---

Third person
4 days till the wedding...

Tahny jumped on her brothers sending them to the hardwood floors of their apartment.

"I missed you guys so much." She said in a laugh.

"We missed you two teddy. Note get your heavy ass off of us."

They got off the floor and pulled her into a much needed embrace. Seeing the two of them lifted her spirits after watching a fire engulf her home two days ago on national television. After ten hours of nonstop team work the Los Angeles Fire Department was able to kill the blaze before it completely destroyed the Beverly Hills area. It was still undetermined what caused it. The LAFD Chief said it's by the grace of God that all the victims injured were going to be okay. But all of them are going to be on a long road to recovery.

"Where's my nephew at?" The oldest twin TJ asked as he fell back on the couch. 

"Back in California with Denny."

"You can't up here by yourself?" Malik asked as he searched the cabinets for something to eat.

"No I brought someone with me."

The boys froze. "Who?" They asked in unison.

"Don't worry about it. I'm here to see how you two are doing and not for you two to ask me a million questions."

"Yeah yeah whatever, it must be some lil boyfriend since you ain't bring this person with you." TJ squinted his eyes watching her lips as they formed a small smile.

Tahny rolled her eyes playfully. "He is, but we haven't been seeing each other that long. So I don't wanna introduce him to you guys just yet but I do like him a lot. But that's another conversation for another time. But back to you two... How's being out the house?"

"Ugh! It doesn't feel like we did. Mom comes over here at least three times a week to make sure this place is straightened up. Between school and basketball we're never here. So she'll go on this lecture about "what's the purpose of paying rent for a apartment and you're not there? You could've did all that and stayed home with me and your dad." Malik said mocking they're mother's voice.

T laughed softly. "That's because you guys worried her to death when you were home. So now that you're moved out she can't help but to make sure you guys aren't in trouble."

The twins are as thick as thieves, attached at the hip even. They never argue or fight which makes for a great brotherly bond. They feed off each other so with that comes trouble. When they were younger they got into mischievous shit all the time. They snuck out, had girls in the house, went on short road trips when they were supposed to be in school. Their mother blamed them for all the premature gray hairs on her head.

"We're 19 now, and to be honest we're way different than we were when we used to be."

Tahny twisted her lips to the side with a squint. "Bull-fuckin-shit. It smells like you had some bitches in here before I showed up."

TJ sat up quickly. "I got me a girl now! Malik had three different girls in here this week, and it's only Tuesday."

"Your dick is gonna pack up it's bags and walk off."

"Nah me and by boy is good. I even double up on condoms when I know the pussy bout to have me dead. So mom ain't gotta worry about shit. I'm cool on allat. She even bought me a bunch of condoms saying "no grandkids please" on the front of reach box. Like c'mon now, that's doing to much."

Tahny chuckled softly. "Relax. She treated me the same way. When I first moved out to California she called be every day, eight o'clock on the dot, just to see how I was doing. Then it got much worse when I got pregnant she started calling me three times a day. She used to send me pre-motherhood books in the mail every week. She'd make me FaceTime her time to check on my progress like clock work. Now that Javi is here and all the worry is over, she's shifted her sight on you guys she's left me alone. Now I can hardly get her to text me back."

"That's because she's to busy up our ass!" Malik shouted with a mouth full of sour cream and onion chips.

"Just give her some time she'll be off your back and will probably start bothering Hayden again. It's a never ending cycle."

TJ shook his head. "Psshhh. That'll be that day." He put his head in her lap so she could rub his scalp. "How's the house?"

Tahny dug in her pocket and pulled out the keys to dangle them in his face. "It's mine now."

"Oh shit, that's what's up."

"I know right! And it's about fifteen minutes from here so you guys can come bother me."

"Did you have any word on your old place?"

She blew out a long breath. "Nope they showed the houses on the news and everything was black, even the grass. I'll deal with that when I get back on Tuesday. But I got my new house and it's fully furnished, so I really just have to worry about getting Javi's room set up and get us some new clothes. Then all our important papers are in my lock box at my bank so thankfully I don't have to worry about that."

Lik came into the living room shaking his head. "I bet you somebody did that dumbass shit. That neighborhood is full of rich people and all their rich shit. You think a fire would just randomly start in a neighborhood? I don't think so... Babies got smoke inhalation and shit- A ten year old whole back covered in second degree burns all because of this fire. Watch... They gone say it on the news that it was some dumb ass rich kid white boy, with greasy bangs, face full of red ass acne, and a lame ass graphic t-shirt that he got from target, named Tyler Chad Michaels, setting his mom's shit on fire because she wouldn't give him fifteen dollars for some weed for him and his emo ass friends. Watch them say that shit! Imma need $50 from the both of you."

"Bet." Tahny said in a laugh as she ran her fingers through TJ's hair. "But I don't think that's how it happened. Maybe it was a grease fire or something? Who knows?"

Back in California...

"What do we need to talk about?" Max asked as he held his phone between his ear and shoulder.

"I just need to talk to you." Olivia sobbed on the line.

"Look I'm not in the mood to talk to you, alright? After our last argument I need a break, honestly. We just need to be apart till the wedding."

"But Max-"

"There is no "but Max." How do you expect me to talk to you and every word that comes out my mouth you have an argument for it? Then you wanna talk shit over the phone instead of face to face? I'm good on that part. So whatever you need to talk about can wait." Max put his phone speaker as he threw the plate full of pizza rolls in the hotel microwave.

"Whatever forget I even said anything."

"Yeah... Whatever." He hung up the phone and sighed.

He punched in the time on the key pad and waited for the glass server to start spinning. Max grabbed his phone ready to head to the bathroom when there was a pounding at his hotel door.

"Who the fuck?"

He put his eye to the peephole to see nothing.

"Who is it?" The peephole remained covered and the person knocked again.

Max growled loudly in annoyance as he swung the door open only to be pushed back by the three large security guards that surrounded his father.

"What are you doing here?"

"Would you young men mind waiting out in the hallway? I'd like to tally to my fourth youngest son, alone."

"Yes sir." They said in unison. The black suite, red tie wearing, trio left out only to stand right in front of the door.

Emiliano waited for the sound of the door closing before sitting on the black leather love seat in the living room.

"So are you here to whoop my ass? I can go buy some rice real quick so I can kneel on it." Max asked smartly, referring to their last conversation.

His father smirked as he crossed his left leg over his right. "Maxwell Emiliano Thompson... The torch that carries the family flame. The fruit of my labor. The seed that continues to grow. One of the beats the keeps my old heart going... You insult your fiancée, run away after a disagreement with her, you haven't been to work in days, and now your disrespecting your father? The one who's responsible for the air in your lungs? What is going on with you son?"

Max opened the small door to let the stream out of the beeping microwave.

He didn't respond. He grabbed a sparkling water from the refrigerator and sat across from spitting image of his future.

"Max... I'm not a stupid man. I know everything you think I don't know."

"And what is it that you know?"

"Who is NaTahny Ava James to you?" Max sipped his water to get rid of the quickly forming knot in his throat. "Be honest with me son. Because if you tell a lie I already know the truth. There's no point in making this conversation more difficult than it has to be."

Max put his feet up on the coffee table and chuckled under his breath. "If you know everything... You know NaTahny is the mother of my first born son."

"And when did this happen?"

"July 17, 2016. That's when she had Javier."

"Why didn't you say anything?" His father spoke with a tightening grip on the arm rest.

"Because my father is holding onto this two hundred year old family tradition of an arranged marriage. You have me marrying a woman who has been cheating on me for years. She lies about going out of town to finish this dress and she says she my money for the wedding but she's been using this money to buy this other guy shit. She doesn't think I check was account activity but I do, I know where every penny goes. The wedding is basically done, and my money she's spent is gone. People have put aside there lives to come to this fake ass wedding. I'm not happy with Olivia we always argue. When we argue I go out to get my mind right. I went to a party and met Tahny we had sex and now we have a baby. You want this wedding more than anyone. So how was I to tell you "oh hey dad I'm not marrying Olivia because she's been seeing someone else. Oh- and I've been playing house with another woman and on top of that we have a baby together. I know we've already spent the money for this wedding but I don't think I can may Olivia now." That's just something you can say freely on any random day."

Emiliano sat on the edge of his seat with his hand clasped together. He squeezed his hands together to keep him from choking Max to death. "So you have a baby by some strange girl, why not leave her alone? One of your drivers said he was told by Olivia to follow you around. He said you kept going to this house that was five miles away from work for months! He got uncomfortable doing it and told me once he said Olivia went to the house the other day. You've been messing with this girl for a long time Max! Olivia may have something on the side but you... You've started a family! You're going to screw everything up! The girl knows you've stepped out on her. If she calls this wedding off I swear I'm going to kill you."

"How could I screw anything up?! Tahny and I aren't even together anymore!"

"Because even if Olivia doesn't give a rats ass, if her father finds out about this "family" of yours he'll end all this shit,  I can't have this happen. You need to make this girlfriend of yours disappear."

"Disappear? What the fuck are you talking about? No one has to know about them. The people who know about her won't say anything. Unless you will?"

Emiliano sighed. "Hear me clearly hijo. I need that girl gone. You're not about to fuck this money up. You got 24 hours to handle it or I'll do it myself. It's your choice Maxwell." He stood from the chair and heard towards the door. "And lay off the snacks you've gained a little weight and I don't need you to be spilling out of that tux on your wedding day." He walked out the door, closing it gently behind him.

"What am I gonna do?"

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 17.6K 26
You're mines I'm yours We're each other's lovers ©𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 2021- 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 2021
93.3K 4.4K 33
Daddy....
365 26 16
The wind blows lightly through the air, the sky and the sun kiss I married in the sun felt the warmth, love happiness and most importantly peace. But...
93.4K 6.3K 57
They said marriage was for better and for worse but what can she do when her husband dumps her for a mistress he barely knew? This books uncovers all...