Broken (A Niall Horan Fan Fic...

By RelentlessChaos

**WILL SOON BE UNDERGOING EXTREME EDITING** *FIRST BOOK IN THE "BROKEN" TRILOGY* I looked in my step-father... More

Broken: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen

346K 5.1K 2.4K
By RelentlessChaos

Dedicated to hellojello1313! :) She'll be taking the spot of Harry's gf.

I hope all of you readers enjoy this. <3

--------------------------------

Ariella’s POV

            After my birthday passed, I began to get a little depressed because Niall and the rest of the boys were leaving tomorrow. I couldn’t even see Niall until later because of rehearsals. I sighed and flopped onto my stomach on my bed. Sally was over at my house. I pulled out my iPod and set it on shuffle. Instantly, Up All Night by One Direction started playing and I belted the lyrics the loudest I could, and Sally joined in.

“IT FEELS LIKE WE’VE BEEN LIVING IN FAST FORWARD –” I started.

“ANOTHER MOMENT PASSING BY –” Sally sang.

“THE PARTY’S ENDIN’ BUT IT’S NOW OR NEVER. NOBODY’S GOING HOME TONIGHT!” I sang.

“KATY PERRY’S ON REPLAY, SHE’S ON REPLAY. DJ GOT THE FLOOR TO SHAKE, THE FLOOR TO SHAKE. PEOPLE GOIN’ ALL THE WAY, YEAH ALL THE WAY. I’M STILL WIDE AWAKE!” Sally sang.

 “I WANNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND JUMP AROUND UNTIL WE SEE THE SUN!” We screamed the rest of the chorus together.

Once the song was over and we were done showing off our amazing dance moves (hers were amazing, mine on the other hand…weren’t so amazing). We were laughing so hard that eventually no sound came out, so we were just sitting on my floor being weird.

“I think we should be the famous ones!” Sally said.

“I agree with that statement. Let’s call up Simon!” I said.

“Yes! If he doesn’t sign us, we’ll just protest,” Sally chanted while throwing her right fist in the air.

“So…” I said.

“The boys leave tomorrow,” Sally said suddenly.

“Aww, don’t remind me…” I said.

“I was thinking, could you help me get ready for my date with Zayn?” Sally asked.

“Of course I can!” I giggled.

“Thanks! Let’s go to my place to get ready,” She said.

I drove in my new car from Anne and once we arrived at Sally’s house, we both ran inside. I don’t even think I introduced myself to her parents, but oh well! We were on a mission. When Sally and I barged into her room, we began to attack her closet.

She threw random dresses at me and one landed on my head, causing me to stumble around until I tripped over something and landed straight on my face. Sally burst into laughter and began to throw more articles of clothing at me.

“So, what should I wear? My date with Zayn is in like three hours!” She said.

“Calm down. We’ll get this sorted out,” I told her.

I began picking through her clothes and looked at the dresses. I saw a wide variety, but one really caught my eye. I held it up to her and we both looked at each other with the same expression on our faces.

“You’re a genius,” Sally said.

“Thank you, thank you very much!” I said.

“I’ll go get dressed!” She said, walking towards her bathroom. I wondered what I would do with her hair… All I could think about was how awestruck Zayn was going to be when he finally saw her!

Once Sally returned from the bathroom, my jaw dropped.

“YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS. OH MY GOSH, ZAYN’S GOING TO FLIP OUT,” I rambled.

“Aww, thanks Ariella,” She said.

I examined her dress and decided what shoes should go with it. The straps were black and the top was a plunging v-neck. There was a black fabric belt gathered underneath the bust. The fabric underneath was a sort of beige color, but there was also some fabric over it that was black and had a beautiful print on it. Sally looked amazing in it.

I picked out some simple, black heels and decided that they would do. Next, I was going to do Sally’s hair. I decided to pull her long, brown hair into an updo and have little curls falling around her face.

Once I was done with her hair, Sally screamed and then hugged me. She applied her makeup, and by that time it was almost time for her date.

“Thanks again, Ariella,” Sally said.

“No problem,” I said.

We exchanged goodbyes and then I left her house and drove back to Anne’s. I walked into the house and no one was there. Huh, that was weird. I walked upstairs and opened the door to find someone sitting on my bed.

Zayn’s POV

            I was pacing back and forth on Sally’s front porch as I waited for her to come answer the door. I bit my lip and then looked down at my outfit. I had on a white button-up shirt with a black blazer and black trousers. I also had on black vans. I was planning to take Sally out to eat at a very fancy restaurant. I just hoped that she would like it…

When Sally opened the door, my breath was taken away. She looked so beautiful. I looked into her brown eyes and knew that she was definitely something special. I led her to my car and opened the door for her, and soon we were on the way to our date.

Niall’s POV

            I tried calling Ariella four times and she wouldn’t pick up. I really wanted to hang out with her since I’m leaving for three weeks tomorrow. I wondered if she was busy, and then my thoughts drifted to Garrett… What if she was with him? I know that she always told me that they were only friends. I trust Ariella, I really do, but I just don’t trust Garrett at all.

I tried calling her once more and I got no answer. I groaned and then threw my phone on my couch. I decided to get something to eat to pass time. I thought food could get my mind off of Ariella, but it can’t. Nothing can. She’s all I think about now.

Ariella’s POV

            My breath was hitched in my throat as the person sitting on my bed looked at me. Her eyes burned into mine. A lump formed in my throat as I looked at the woman who shipped me off to live here. She hadn’t called me for weeks and weeks, and now she was here.

“Mom?”

I froze in place as she stood up and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around me.

“Oh, I’ve missed you, Ariella,” My mother cried.

“Why haven’t you called?” I asked. I was surprised at how cold my voice sounded.

“I didn’t want Steve to know where you were, sweetheart...” She sounded like she was keeping something from me.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“I don’t want to scare you… I don’t know if I should tell you,” She said.

“Tell me,” I demanded.

“Ariella, Steve was furious when you left. He kept asking why and I had to make up stupid excuses. He started to get physical with me for not telling him where you went, and it was frightening…” My mother said.

“So now you had a little taste of what I had to deal with for seven years! Why did you even marry him anyways?!” I screamed.

“He made me feel happy!” My mother shrieked.

“Did it make you happy to see him ruthlessly hitting me for all of those years? Did it just make your day to see me almost to the point of death?!” I yelled.

“Ariella, please listen to me…” My mother begged.

“What?” I seethed.

“Steve… He’s coming here to find you,” She said.

At that moment, it seemed as if the room was swirling in different directions. I fell to my knees and just stared at the wall. I just started laughing.

“So he’s coming to finish what he started?” I asked.

“Ariella, you have to keep this on the down low. Don’t let your picture be taken and make sure your name doesn’t get out so Steve doesn’t find you,” She said.

I only nodded my head in response. Immediately my thoughts drifted to Niall. What was I supposed to tell him? That he couldn’t go on the tour because his girlfriend’s psycho step-father was after her? No, I couldn’t ruin his tour for him. I decided that I would keep my mouth shut.

Little did I know, that was going to be my biggest mistake…

The Next Day…

I fell asleep last night without replying to anyone’s phone calls. I looked and saw that there were five missed calls from Niall. I pressed the call button on my phone to apologize to him.

“Hello?” He asked.

“Hey Niall,” I said.

“So you finally decided to answer my calls?” He asked.

“I’m so sorry, Niall,” I said.

“Were you with Garrett?” Niall asked.

“No, I wasn’t!” I said.

“Yeah right. ‘Garrett and I are just friends. Blah blah blah,’. Why did I even listen to you?” Niall asked.

“Niall, please, I did not go anywhere near Garrett yesterday!” I said whilst on the verge of tears.

“Please don’t lie to me…” He whispered.

“Niall, I’m not lying to you! My mom made a surprise visit last night. That’s why I didn’t answer your calls,” I told him.

“Oh, really? So she randomly showed up at your house? Why?” His tone was accusing. This definitely wasn’t like the Niall that I knew.

“If you must you, she just wanted to tell me that –” I quickly stopped myself before I told him about Steve.

“What did she want to tell you?” Niall asked.

“She told me that she missed me,” Hey, that was partially true…

“You know what? Just save it. I’ll talk to you some other time when I sort my thoughts out, Ariella. I have to go, the flight’s boarding. I’ll see you in three weeks. Bye,” He hung up.

“YOU SUCK, NIALL HORAN!!!” I screamed to no one.

I backed myself up to the wall and slid down until my knees were against my chest. Tears streamed down my face. I let out a terribly loud sob and then Gemma busted through my door.

“Ariella, what’s wrong?” She asked.

I just shook my head and hugged her. She hugged me back and I just cried and cried. I cried because of Niall. He hurt my feelings. Then I cried for myself. I was being hunted down.

Gemma left the room to go fix me some tea and soup.

I stared at my ceiling. This was just dandy. My boyfriend is mad at me and probably won’t even talk to me for the three weeks that he’ll be gone. Oh, and my step-father is out to kill me.

What am I going to do?

I stood up and wiped my tears away. I walked out of the house and got in my car without even telling Gemma goodbye. I drove all the way to the airport and just sat there. Not even half an hour ago, my boyfriend was still here. He was at this airport, talking on the phone to me.

I was just people watching when I saw a girl dragging three large suitcases all by herself. I decided to go help her.

“Excuse me, but do you want some help?” I asked the girl.

She looked up at me through her glasses and said, “Yes please.”

Her hair was up in a ponytail.

I grabbed the largest one and she led me toward a car that was waiting for her outside. Once we got them loaded into the back, she closed the trunk.

“Thanks for your help!” She said.

“It was no problem, although it did feel like you had a dead body in that suitcase…” I told her.

“Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t…” She said.

“You seem pretty cool. We should chill some time,” She told me.

I recognized that type of accent.

“Hey, you’re from New York!” I told her.

“Yes, I am!” She said.

“Finally! I won’t be the only American here then…” I told her.

“What’s your name?” She asked.

“I’m Ariella Rayne,” I said.

“I’m Nicole Rossi. You can call me Nicki though. Everybody else does,” She said.

“Alright, Nicki. It was nice meeting you,” I said.

“Yeah, yeah. What’s your number?” She asked.

We exchanged numbers and then said our goodbyes. I was on my way to my car when I got a phone call from an unknown number. I furrowed my eyebrows and answered it.

“Hello?” I asked.

There was only the sound of heavy breathing on the other line.

“Hello?” I asked again.

“I will find you,” A familiar voice said.

Steve hung up.

My brain couldn’t even process anything. How did Steve get my new cell phone number? He was certainly near. I ran to my car and checked all the seats before I got in and locked the doors. I slammed on the gas and sped home. Once I got there, Gemma was asking me millions of questions, and I answered none as I stormed upstairs frantically. I tried to calm down, but I couldn’t.

I called Niall and he didn’t pick up. Crap, he was usually the only person who could calm me down, and I forgot for a second that he was really mad at me.

I began to bite my fingernails and pace around my room nervously. I had to hide.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This could get scary. Steve is after Ariella and Niall is mad at her. At this point, anything could go wrong...

Oh, and there is a picture of Sally's dress to the right --->

Please vote & leave comments. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 5.2K 22
✓ (ONE OF MY FIRST STORIES. SUCKS REALLY BAD. I'M SORRY. CONSIDERING DELETING.) Harry Styles doesn't know the meaning of love anymore..His parent's d...
5.6K 201 61
(Fanfic of Harry Styles. 1D included😉) DISCLAIMER: I didn't focus on the timing and what not, so if I add something dumb or something that just does...
29.6K 2.5K 64
Sequel To Alpha's Broken Luna [h.s.] Book 2/3 // "Calla we have to hurry!" I screamed. "Me don't want to leave Harry!" She cried. "Listen, if we st...
11.5K 1.1K 37
FINAL BOOK OF THE TRILOGY Book: 3/3 // "Maybe it's not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating somet...