The Alpha's Mark

By CeCeAnnT

Ray's messed up. In all ways possible. But she has a reason to be, right? No place to go. No shoulder to cry... More

The Alpha's Mark
Better Kiss My Ass Goodbye.
A Storm Of Confusion.
The Nerve Of Him.
Misunderstood.
A Fist Full Of Love.
Self Control.
Gage's Psychotic Girlfriend.
Who The Hell Is Avery?
Setting Myself Up For Disaster.
Food Fight!
Poisonous Kisses.
Marked.
Dead End.
Finding Dustin.
A Different Side Of Gage.
If Looks Could Kill.
Dinner With The Greens.
Music To My Ears.
Hello, Temptation.
Over Protective, Much?
Coming Undone.
The Date.
Where Loyalty Lies.
Friend or Foe?
Decisions.
Ava Returns.
Too Close For Comfort.
Epilogue.
Finding Dustin - Spin off!

Fighting To Be Free.

94.6K 1.3K 249
By CeCeAnnT

    This has not been edited.

-------                                  

All chaos broke out then. Everyone went running and viciously attacking one another. I could barely glance around without seeing various smudges of blood covering the once beautiful white sand.

But the color of the sand wasn't important right now. Not dying was.

Lucky for me, Decklin had commanded some dude's in human form to grab me and drag me off. I bet he just wanted to deal with me separately, probably torture me.

But I wasn't going down without a fight, no way.

That's why when one of the guys in human form came charging at me, I quickly threw a punch before he could grab me.

The guy snarled, clasping a hand over his bleeding nose. "You bitch!"

Then he charged at me, using his shoulder and thrusting it into mine. His strength was overwhelming, sending me into the ground.

I gasped and he took no mercy, jumping right onto of me. He raised his fist to hit me when I remembered the knife I put in my boot.

I said I'd never kill anyone again, but right now, I needed to be able to keep myself alive.

In one fluid motion I grabbed it and plunged into his back. He yelped and howled in pain and I took the opportunity to buck him off and yank the knife out, this time hitting him straight in the heart. His cries of pain were silenced then.

I nearly breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't died, but it was all short lived when another rogue came and yanked me up.

"You killed Will! You killed Will!" He shouted, over and over again while attempting to drag me off into the forest.

"Let go of me!" I thrashed drastically and began to scream many profanities, I will silenced when he placed his hand over my mouth. I took the opportunity and managed to grip his pinkie between my teeth, biting down hard.

Hard enough to draw blood, his disgusting coppery blood flooding my mouth. He hissed in pain and wrenched his hand from me. I quickly elbowed him in the stomach and turned, aiming a punch right at him. But he caught my fist. He was obviously just as fast as me. Maybe a little faster.

But I already had a idea of what move to make next. And it pulled off when I sent a powerful kick to his stomach. He let out a breathless gasp and released my fist, I quickly swung it back and sent a blow to his jaw, dislocating it.

I'm quick to put him out of his misery when I thrust the knife right into his heart. He fell limp to the grown and I exhaled a breath I realized I hadn't noticed I'd been holding.

I don't even get a freaking break, no, I can see another guy clearly running at me. His fist clenched and his face stone hard. I also notice he's a lot bigger then the other two I've fought. He's packing seriously muscle and I know if I got in a fist fight with him, it wouldn't end good.

That's why with just a flick of my wrist I released the knife, watching it spin through the air before it impaled my target's head.

I watched as his eyes rolled back into his head, my stomach clenching in disgust. Just like the other two guys, he fell to the ground. Dead.

"God, give me a break," I grumbled, jogging over. I grimaced, wrenching the knife from his head.

I glance around, my eyes frantically for Gage. And somehow through the massacre, I saw him and Decklin slowly circling around each other, their lips pulled back in a snarl and long canine teeth gleaming with danger.

But I couldn't worry about him right now. Especially not with how many guys were coming after me.

I found myself in hand to hand combat with most of them, and I was even surprised myself when I could hold up a fight and not get killed.

I bet Gage would be proud too, he probably thought he'd have to have my back the whole entire time. Though when I got tackled down by a huge wolf, I had to get help.

Sure, I was strong, but strong enough to fight someone in wolf form. I learned that the hard way with Dustin.

I didn't even get a chance to fight when the huge wolf crashed on top of me, slashing at my face and succeeding to leave a large cut on my arm. And probably various scratches on my face.

Luckily for me, Dustin was close by.

He tackled the rogue right to the ground, bringing his teeth down on their neck. The wolf that had attacked me was dead within minutes, but the damage was still done.

I was in incredible pain, but Dustin managed to get me up with nudging at me constantly, reminding me that if I stayed laying here, I would surely get killed.

Somehow, I found the strength to get up and keep going. To keep fighting.

And slowly but surely, the bodies really start to pile up. Everywhere you look, blood coats the sand. And there's numerous people who have morphed back to their human form, laying there, dead.

When I came across a boy who was no older than fourteen, I suddenly feel sick. How old were all these kids that Decklin was recruiting? And why had they joined, anyway?

Were these kids back home nobodies? Did they have families? Brothers and sisters? I hadn't realized the horror of it all till I looked around at each and every one of them. And I found myself questioning their life.

They surely knew this was a death wish, didn't they?

Or maybe Decklin had threatened them. Forced them to fight for him. I mean, just look at Dustin. Decklin had surely manipulated him. I bet he could do that to anyone.

I wondered when and why Ava had joined. Was it because she also had a grudge against me? For stealing Gage?

Was she that stupid to risk her life for a boy? Then again, everyone here from Gage's pack was fighting for a girl, AKA, me.

I realized that Ava really did hate me when she attacked me in human form, just to be able to talk me. Taunt me.

"It's gonna be so funny to see you when you're dead, Ray." She whispered sarcastically while looming over me.

She managed to pin me down into the ground, and I couldn't move at all, since she had her knees holding down both of my shoulders, with her feet digging into my hands. She put all her weight on me, making sure I wasn't going to be able to squirm away.

"Not likely," I hissed at her, glaring. "It's going to be funnier when I rip you apart and you beg for mercy."

I didn't even care how gruesome I sounded. I hated Ava, I hated her more than I ever knew capable. And honestly, I wouldn't feel guilty one bit if I killed her.

And she probably wouldn't feel guilty if she killed me. I bet she'd enjoy it.

"Shut up," She snarled, painfully gripping my hair tight and slamming it into the ground. But I refused to show pain. "I promised Decklin I'd let him have his turn first, but I just might break that promise." She whispered, her eyes glowing with excitement. Most likely she was imaging just carving my face in with a knife.

"You're a sadistic bitch." I said, though I was no better than her. I just wondered when Ava had become so.. blood thirsty. She seemed like such a nice girl the first time I saw her. I was even a bit jealous of how beautiful she was, but right now, she looked like a crazed maniac. Nor did she look pretty.

Her whole face was covered with dirt and many cuts, along with her tangled curls that were caked with blood.

How many people had she killed?

I didn't even know Ava would be able to kill anyone. I just figured she'd hide behind Decklin, but here she was, so boldly on top of me claiming she was going to kill me. And that was just lovely, really.

"Says the one who killed her own pack," She spat, "I don't know what Gage sees in you. You're a monster; You don't deserve him one bit."

"Like you can say any better? You're the one on top of me right now looking like a maniac! And are you really still hung up on that? You're more pathetic than I thought."

That earns me a hard slap across the place and her hands that were once on planted on my shoulders, suddenly wrap around my neck. "You stole him from me! You took everything away from me! This is all your fault!"

"Let go of me, you crazy bitch!" I let out an inhuman wail and thrashed around crazily. Her grip tightened on my throat and she pressed her thumb down directly on my windpipe. She didn't add enough pressure to entirely cut off my air, but enough that I coughed and wheezed.

"What'd you say, Ray?" She taunted, titling her head to side, leaning down and putting her ear close to my mouth. "I didn't hear you, can you repeat that?"

She laughed when I only thrashed more and leaned up, looking at me with a smirk on my face.

I took the chance and spit in her face. I noticed my fatal flaw when Ava now entirely wrapped her hands around my neck, squeezing the life out of me. "I don't care about what Decklin says, I'm going to kill you for myself!"

I thrashed around frantically and desperately tried to free my hands. But it was useless. I was trapped, and now Ava was going to kill me.

God, why did Ava have to be one to end my life? Well, it's better than Decklin killing me, right?

No! It wasn't! Because I didn't want anyone to be able to get the pleasure of killing me off!

Black dots spotted my vision and I found myself starting to become numb. My dream was becoming true, I was going to die.

I laid still, my eyes suddenly feeling like weights. But I could still hear Ava's laughs through it all, and I could still surely feel her hands wrapped around my throat. It was so real. All too real.

I begin to fade in out of unconsciousness, and I couldn't even find it in me to scream for help. To scream for Gage and beg him to come help me. I was screwed.

And slowly, my eyes shut and the fight I once had in me, disappeared.

"Send Satan my regards," She hissed straight into my ear. And then, almost suddenly, the weight of her was knocked off of me.

Her hands were gone, and I could breathe. I desperately gasped for air and dug my nails into the sand. I couldn't hear was going on around me. I felt hazy and sluggish. And slow. All my movements felt incredibly slow. It took me minutes to register what had just happened, and why I was face down into the cold sand that felt scratchy against my cheek.

It also took me a while to realize someone was frantically calling my name. But I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes and see.

I couldn't even tell them I was okay with all the coughing I was doing. Had I really dodged death? For the third time in my freaking life?

I felt someone grab me and flipped me over. For a minute, I thought Ava was back to get the job done, but I realized it wasn't her when I felt them press their hand to my cheek and nearly pulled me onto their lap. Through it all, I could still feel the tingles. And just by that, I knew it was Gage.

"Ray, open your eyes." He cried, clutching me tight. "Open your eyes."

He shook me like crazy, not helping my raging headache. I managed to let out a sound of protest, enough to assure him i was alive. And partly okay.

He stopped right away and I could feel his warm breath on my lips, "Ray?"

I groaned and slowly my senses were staring to come back to me, enough so that I could reach up and grab my pounding head.

"Are you okay? Can you stand? Say something," He rasped, again giving me a slight shake.

"You idiot," I breathed slowly, "Stop shaking me or I'm gonna puke."

Surprisingly, he laughed. Even with the situation at hand. "I will when you open your eyes."

I peeled my eyes open reluctantly, blinking rapidly so the black spots would go away. They do, and I'm able to see Gage crystal clear.

He leaned over me, breathing heavily. At first, I don't even notice the fact blood's coating his clothes, nor that Decklin is only two feet away from us, watching the scene with amusement.

But when Gage caught my puzzled glance, he quickly looked over his shoulder and saw Decklin. He abruptly pulled me to my feet and forced me to stand, though I leaned against him, still feeling nauseous.

I shook my head at bit and focused on what was going on around me.

The first thing I saw was Gabby. On the ground. Right next to Decklin while covered in mass amount of blood. Was she dead?

Ava was over her too,  wiping away the blood that streamed from her nose. "Stupid bitch wanted to play the hero." She hissed and sent a kick to Gabby's body. When I heard Gabby let out a cry, I knew she was alive.

Gage attempted to step forward and grab Gabby, but Decklin quickly yanked Gabby up by the hair. "I wouldn't step any closer unless you want your sister to die, Gage."

Gage's jaw clenched tightly and his eyes darted to Gabby's face, where she wore a pained expression while she desperately thrashed to get out of Decklin's hold.

Ava smirked at Gage's expression. He was just in much pain as Gabby, watching his sister be used as bait.

Hadn't Gabby been Ava's friend?

As I recall, she had. Even when Ava nearly drowned me in the river, Gabby held her as she fake cried and believed her.

Now Gabby was on the brink of death and Ava had partly caused it. I bet Gabby was the one who yanked Ava off of me. She had fought her, hadn't she?

Things had become really fucked up.

Yeah, Ava was such a loyal friend.

"Ray, won't you be a doll and hand me that knife you're keeping your boot?" Decklin asked, his eyes solemnly glued on my feet.

My knife.

How could I have forgotten I had it? Maybe because I was way out of it. How had Decklin even knew I was carrying around a knife?

And why did he want my knife?

To torture Gabby.

I sucked in a shaky breath, slowly shaking my head. "Why do you want it?"

"Don't ask me questions," He hissed, one hand moving from her forehead to the base of her neck. "Or I'll snap her neck."

"Now's not the time to contemplate your options," Gage whispered quickly, "Gabby's life is on the line."

I swallowed roughly, slowly sliding my hand down my leg and to my boot, where I gripped the base of my knife. I pulled it out hesitantly, aware of Decklin's watchful eyes. "Toss it over," He commanded. "And don't try to play the hero. Just look at what happened to Gabby when she tried."

I stiffened for a minute, thoughts running through my head. Should I really give in and give him the knife?

As if emphasizing that he was getting impatient, his hand on her throat tightens, causing Gabby to gasp.

I know I don't have a choice then. If I even attempted to chuck my knife, he'd snap her neck. Or even put him in front of her so she would be the one taking the hit.

Reluctantly, I toss it onto the ground in front of him and move back to Gage's side, gripping his arm tightly.

"Good girl," He cooed and nodded his head in the direction of Ava. She got the message and walked over, picking up the knife and handing it to Decklin.

Once he had it, he brought it up to Gabby's face, sliding it across her cheekbones. "I'd hate to damage such a pretty face, you know." He whispered, his eyes darkening with a ominous glint.

"Then don't," Gage said, maintaining a hard expression on his face. "Just let her go, Decklin. Don't you realize this has gone to far? Look around you."

Gage is right. So many people have lost their lives, and all because of us.

Perhaps even Dustin was dead.

Dustin.

Where was he? I scanned the area, seeing him no where in sight, nor was his body on the floor with the rest of them. Had he ran? Had he taken the chance and ditched us?

My chest tightened at the thought. Did he betray me, again?

That asshole! He left! He left us to fight on our own! So much for being friends.

"It's lovely, isn't it?" Ava smiled and her eyes darted to the whimpering Gabby. "Why not just kill the girl and get it over with it?"

"Because that would be boring." Decklin replied and shrugged, as if this conversation was normal when it obviously wasn't.

This was someone's life on the line. Then again, I'm not sure if Decklin cared for anyone's life but his own.

"Just let her go," I said aprubtly. But I couldn't take it anymore, seeing the pain on Gabby's face was... unbearable. Especially when I had come to know her so well in these past two weeks. I didn't want her to die, she didn't deserve to. "You want me dead only, don't you?"

"Well, yes," Decklin said, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Then again, it's fun to see you cry for mercy for your poor friend." He purred, digging the knife into Gabby's face. She cried out, the sound making me flinch.

"Please don't kill me," She sobbed, tears running down her face. "Please don't."

"Shh," He cooed, dragging the knife down from her face, to her neck, to her breast, then to her stomach. "It'll only hurt for a second."

It all went in slow motion. Just like it in the movies, he withdrew the knife back, before plunging it right into her stomach. Her scream was the loudest I'd ever heard in my life. I was so frozen in time that I couldn't seem to comprehend what had just happened.

Decklin had just stabbed Gabby. Decklin had just stabbed Gabby. Gabby might be dead. Gabby will die if she isn't right now.

"Gabby!"

My scream was loud and animalistic, much so that I can't even believe it's me. And then I'm running towards, towards Decklin.

I'm only a feet away when I'm tackled to the ground and find myself in the same position as I was early. Under Ava.

"Gabby!" I cried, "Gabby!"

She was only a foot away from me. Laying face down in the sand, her eyes wide and watery as she stared at me. "Ray," She whispered, her voice weak and trembling and I watch as she slides her hand to her stomach before she brings it back up, her hands covered in crimson red blood. Her blood.

A look of puzzlement crosses her face and her face pales. She realizes it too. She realizes she's going to die.

She was losing too much blood and in just a matter of minutes, she would surely be dead.

The anger that over comes is mass. And I find myself screaming and thrashing under Ava. Though this time, all I see is red. And I angrily glance up at Ava, head butting her powerfully. I don't even care when my head throbs and I know I surely have a gash. Instead I buck her off and swing my fist at her, pounding her face in merciless.

I don't even stop when her eyes shut. And soon enough, my bones are snapping, twisting, forming. And I realize I'm shifting.

Changing.

I can't stop it. I can't hold it off. No, it happens.

And then here I am. Ava's throat clenched between my powerful jaw, throwing her around like she's some type of rag doll.

I can't hear anything anyone says. I can't register Ava's screams and pleads, all I see is red. Familiar red that I haven't seen in years. That I had hopped I'd never see again.

Kill them all.

That's the only consistent thought going through my head. And that's the only one I follow. I snapped Ava's neck, not even caring when Gabby shouts my name.

When I'm assured Ava's dead, I glanced up. Seeing Decklin right in front of Gage, who was currently on the ground.

I don't contemplate what my next move is going to be. Instead I surged forward, tackling Decklin to the ground where I snarl loudly.

Decklin fought back just as well. Catching me off guard many times, biting, clawing. Blood. So much blood.

And then there's Dustin only miles away in wolf form. Watching the scene with horror. He didn't attempt to step in. Instead, he did the right thing and jogged over to Gage, dragging his wounded body away from the scene. Protecting him.

He hadn't betrayed me.

But why did it feel like that? Why did it feel as if everyone was against? Why did it feel as if all my problems were because of them?

Because I was a monster.

That was the answer to all those questions. And I didn't know how to stop. And that's why I had killed my parents. My pack.

Because I was just like Avery. A monster. A twisted girl.

That's right, Ray. You're just like me.

Her haunting voice plays over and over again in my head. Beckoning me to keep going. And I do, as if I can't control myself. But I really can't, then again.

It's not until Decklin is under me in human form that I know what's happening. Where I am. Who I am.

I am not Avery. I'm Ray. Ray Addison. Avery doesn't control me. She's a part of me, but that doesn't mean she owns me. That doesn't mean she controls me.

And she wasn't going to.

I wasn't going to let it happen again. I wasn't going to watch as I took the people's lives I cared about again. I was going to control it and everything around me.

I wasn't, I wasn't, I wasn't.

That's why I shift back into my human form. Feeling weak, and tired. But I go on till I know Decklin is dead before me.

I take out all the rage I have in me on him. He killed Gabby.

And then just like that, I'm laying down in the sand, staring up at the dark sky, breathing heavily and gripped at my tattered and stained clothing.

"Ray!"

It's Gage's voices that brought me out of my chance. He gripped me too him, rocking me back and forth and soothing me.

"Gabby," I croaked and felt Gage's warm tears splatter against my face. And then the worst is confirmed.

"She's still here. But barely. She's losing too much blood, she won't make it for another five minutes."

And then I'm crawling over to her. Holding her and crying just as much as Gage, who grips her hand that isn't on her stomach painfully. As if he's trying to hold onto her.

"I'm scared," She whispered, her eyes glossy with tears as she peaked up at me. "I'm so scared to die."

Tears pounded down my face as I stared down at her, "I know, I know." Is all I said. I wasn't sure how else you comfort someone who's about to die.

Dustin is there too. He's by Gabby's side, though he doesn't cry. All he does is watch her. And me.

Then, Gabby dies.

Right in my arms. She dies. And I know it when I see her arm fall limp to her side, and her tears stop. Her breathing stops.

Gage sobs uncontrollably over his sister, clutching her to him. "Come back, Gabby, come back. Don't die. Come back. Please come back." He begged, rocking her back and forth just like he had done to me minutes ago.

It felt like hours ago, really.

Gabby's dead, Ava's dead, Decklin's dead.

Gone. Forever.

                               I'm not sure how long it is till we finally all get back to the cabin. We're all numb, incredibly numb at the death of Gabby.

No one spoke. No one cheered that Decklin was gone and it was all over, because that would only remind us that Gabby is dead too. That's she gone.

Gage is the one who takes the hardest and it's no surprise. His sister is dead. And there's nothing he can do about it.

I sat by him the whole time, wrapped in his arms and trying my best to soothe him with kind words. That night, when we sleep, we don't let go of each other for a minute. We clutched at one another, both needing someone to lean on.

But I'm awoken by nightmares many times. All consisting of Gabby. Her death. Decklin's murderous grin. All of it.

But Gage is there for me. Just like I'm there for him. And that's how we held up. "Don't let me go," I whispered to him briefly.

He shook his head at me and tightened his grip on me. "Never." He whispered, "Never. Together we'll be okay. We'll be okay."

He repeated that numerous times. And I do too.

Together, we'll be okay.

-------------------

Oh my gosh.. I can't believe it. I've actually, finally, written out this chapter. The chapter I've really been waiting to write forever.

And I just can't believe it. That I'm at the end and the only thing left is the epilogue to where Ray ended up. And Gage. And everyone else.

It's freaky, lol.

And oh yeah, a moment of silence for poor Gabby. :( Sorry to anyone who liked Gabby, but of course, everything wouldn't go dandy and everyone wouldn't come out alive.

But look at that, Ray didn't go crazy. She controlled herself. :D

If you can't tell, she's a lot different than she was. She cares a lot about them all. So she fought it. And in the epilogue, you'll see how good she just did.

And sorry if Decklin's scene went fast. But I really didn't want to dwell on it. Sorry if this crappy, too. :P

I hope you enjoyed.

The epilogue will be up shortly. Hopefully right after I post this, I will get to work on it. Wish me luck.

And listen to the song on the side for when Gabby's death and all happens. It's so sad. :'( I don't really like Taylor Swift, but I liked that song from her. Soo yeah.

See you soon.

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
1.3K 15 50
Tika They delivered me to him on a silver platter. Four years ago I was an ordinary girl with a privileged life. After killing the only family I have...
443K 14.5K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
824K 30.3K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...