Serious in Love ✔

Od crescendo_s

What happens when a crazy boy and a crazy girl get in a relationship? When they have been crazy for as long a... Viac

Foreword
Prologue
1- "I'm home, dear husbando."
2- "Suck it up like we suck it up to our lives."
3- "Something's wrong with us."
4- "Breakup sex?"
5- "Our love hasn't gone- It has just lost it's way."
6- "We'll see who crushes who."
7- "Cos you're loud and whiny like a parrot."
8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."
9- "Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me."
10~ "Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one."
11- "Let's get bored together. We'll be less bored that way."
12- "My interests are like a chameleon: changing and adapting."
13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."
15- "I need to cool down my crack- head."
16- "That's brutal love to its finest."
17- "The day when one of my dreams came true."
18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick."
19- "Love is like wine- Gets better with age."
20- "Beauty is always tainted."
21- "Only a bitch can bite another bitch."
Author's note
22- "Get the fuck out of my life."
23- "You're such a bad tease."
24- "I'm truly gonna miss you guys."
25- "Since when did cliches became a reality?"
26- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
27- "Even a cupid has to work 24/7."
28- "You'll always be the one who got away."
29- "We are on the road to La la land."
30- "You'll always be my stupid."
31- "Nothing of this insanity makes sense to me."
32- "No matter where you go, or whom you be with, you'll never find me."
33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."
34~ "Let's get engaged."
35~ "Will you marry me?"
36~ "I'll treasure it for infinity, pun intended."
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II)
BONUS Chapter

14- "I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit."

175 16 62
Od crescendo_s

14- “I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit.”

VANSH

I woke up how a fictional Vampire burns when he gets exposed to the sun. Dim sunlight fell from the pores of the brown- red curtains, disturbing me from my slumber. Letting out a sheepish groan, I covered my eyes with my arm and turned to the other side. I tried to fall asleep again but it didn't visit me this time. Not with a head that felt like a thumping bass and a perching throat. Moreover the mattress didn't felt like the usual one I slept on. Did I crashed onto my couch again? Slowly, I fluttered my eyes open, wanting to know the answer to my burning question.

I shouldn't have bothered.

The first thing I noticed was a warm quilt draped over me that wasn't mine. And then, an unfamiliar sofa that was extended to form a bed. Still puzzled, I let my eyes swarm over the unfamiliar surroundings. Suddenly everything hit me in a series of fast forward flashbacks— Irfan asking me a favor, the drinking contest with Natasha, our ridiculous escapade, clicking photos on the bridge, comparing life to an ocean, her lips pressed onto mine, me getting out of this apartment...

Holy fucking shit, just what did I get into last night?

Her taste still lingered on my lips as I touched them. The reason why she suddenly made that move was beyond me? I understand that it was merely a lip- to- lip touch that remained for a few seconds but still— the fact that I reacted so late made me look like a douche who didn't mind. And then, there's that. 

How in the world am I supposed to explain this to Ahana?

Calm down! Atleast it wasn't as bad as Phil Wenneck and his friends from The Hangover. Talking about hangover, God my head. Someone was probably using it as a drum to produce noise. I had my head clutched between my hands for God knows how long until I heard something. I thought it was my imagination until someone spoke again. Louder.

“Are you okay?”

My hands that were at the top of my head earlier, slipped to press my ears instead. “Oh no, I'm so sorry,” she spoke again, softly this time. I finally raised my head to see a healthy looking, red haired woman (or maybe copper) staring at me. I lowered my hands. For a moment, we remained still in the name of awkward silence.

“You did this?” I finally asked, motioning towards the extended bed and the quilt that covered my body.

She nodded hesitantly, “I reached the apartment at two and found you and Natasha in a rather um, helpless state. So I did whatever I could, yeah. It was a crazy party at my friend's place too...” She said with a soft laugh then placed a hand on her mouth as if she said something offensive. “Oh, where are my manners? I should probably thank you for taking care of my friend. Hope she didn't cause too much trouble... Or maybe, she did, from the way you sounded on the phone last night.”

Shy, cute, dignified, kind— Those were the adjectives that came to my mind from what I observed her. Not that it affected me but I could see why Irfan had a thing for her. She kind of reminded me of Lisa without the shy part. “You are Kyle, right?”

“Yes, Kyle Jones but you can call me Kyle or K, although Natasha insists on calling me Kelly or Jones which I don't like. Oh shit, I rambled on,” she said with a nervous laugh. “Um, do you need something? I'll be making pasta in a bit so...”

“Uh, yeah... a glass of water... ” I said, getting up and noticed her taking a step back. Man, this was awkward. I didn't want to trouble her after trespassing her apartment but it couldn't be helped. “Also, where's the washroom?”

After refreshing myself a bit, (hopefully wiping off the smell of alcohol from me) and brushing my teeth (thank God, she had a spare brush), I approached Kyle in the kitchen who was making pasta. As for her roommate, she wasn't seen roaming around so I assumed she was still sleeping without a care in the world.  Honestly, I was thankful for that.

I swiveled my head around the living room, connecting the kitchen. It was neat and classy. Infact the whole apartment was way better than my rented apartment. From expensive furniture to a big plasma screen, to glamorous show pieces on the living room, it looked like an apartment owned by the elites. Even their bathrooms seemed like the one from a five star hotel. Must be Kyle's money I bet.

But even the royal suite couldn't stop me from being so out of place. The fact I was in a girl's apartment was what made it bad. Especially the bathroom that smelled of flowers and lavender. Not just that, I even happened to see a packet of sanitary napkins, lying on the open shelf and a peach colored bra hanging by it's strap. Son, you better make your way out of this ladies department before you degrade your eyes even further. The sooner, the better.

I was about to speak up when Kyle placed a cup of hot coffee on a small island and told me to take it. “Thanks for the offer but I gotta run. I have office in two hours.” I rejected right away.

“But I'm already making pasta for three people. It will just take five minutes to cook, I promise. Meanwhile, have some coffee. You don't look so great... Sorry, I mean, you look like you need it. Here,” she said, leaving the gas and giving me the cup to  hold it myself. She offered it so nicely that I didn't have the heart to say 'no'. Besides, I could really do well with some coffee right now.

“Thank you for this coffee. It was good,” I complimented after taking the last sip, “And I'm sorry for crashing into your apartment like that. I must have creeped you out. I swear it wasn't on purpose. I was about to leave after dropping Natasha but the alcohol overwhelmed me.”

She shook her head, breaking to a small smile, “It's okay. To be honest, I was a bit surprised when I saw you sleeping on the sofa but then I looked at Natasha and understood. Oh, look, the pasta is ready now,” she said cheerfully as she glanced at the pan and turned off the gas. “Now you have no choice but to eat it. Take it as my gratitude for—”

Kelly!” A lousy voice echoed through the kitchen, startling us both. My eyes widened at the woman I accompanied a few hours ago. Not because her straight hair was disheveled or her face that was ruined with make up. Not even the fact that she would see me. It was because...

“Jesus Christ, Natasha, wear something decent! Your friend is right in front of you!” I heard Kyle shout to her. As for me, I had my head turned to a side with my eyes shut, hoping to wipe off the image of her in a light pink lingerie. Maybe seeing a woman in a lingerie wasn't supposed to a big deal when I've seen them revealing much more than that, at the beaches. It wasn't supposed to be, but the 'thing' she wore was translucent, leaving nothing to the imagination of what she wore underneath.

“What friend? Ugh, I don't care who or what, but do something about my hangover please. Fuck, my head is murdering me!” Natasha complained and let out another painstaking squeal.

“Okay, sit down Nat. I'll make a glass of lemonade righ— Are you going? Wait, Vansh. I- I'm so sorry. It's not her fault. She didn't realize you—”

“I understand, Kyle,” I answered as I halted before the door. “I'm just sorry for intruding your privacy. Thank you for your hospitality anyway. Bye.” With that, I bolted out of the door, out of the building, out of the area, with my face all flustered. Although before going I think I heard Natasha say— 'Was that Vansh?'

~

Somehow, I managed to reach the office on time. The first thing I did was approach the glutton of my friend at the canteen and strangle his throat. When he demanded what was wrong, I explained the events of last night to him and basically how much trouble that bitch had caused. Although I left out the kiss part and a tiny detail of what she wore this morning. She looked kinda hot though. So what, even her roommate seemed cute. Same thing.

I was certain Natasha wouldn't show up since she was an hour late but unfortunately, she did. She even managed to sweet talk through Richie to let her spare this time. Before she settled down to work, our eyes met and I flinched. The look she was giving me was far from polite. Like she wanted to freeze me into Alaska. Now what the hell did I do to earn that look? Shouldn't it be the other way around. Guess I'll have to postpone my revenge plan for now.

Or maybe not.

I recalled the times she irritated the eff out of my moods with that stupid challenge. How much I had to suppress my anger till my head ached. I even took aspirin two times because of her. Then why couldn't I pay her back? She certainly seemed in a foul mood today. Just now, she snapped at a co- worker to stop speaking out loud. It was the perfect opportunity to make her miserable day turn even worse. She deserved it.

During recess, Irfan informed me that she wouldn't show up at the canteen as it was too noisy. Well, I wouldn't disagree with her there. My ears felt like they were bleeding too, though I'm sure she would be feeling much worse.

A whole day passed like that. Natasha and I didn't talk once in the office. Just me receiving murderous glares from her. I didn't felt like confronting her so I left my cubicle with a mobile on my hand.

And clicked on send.

It was two silly photos and a silly video. Nothing too extreme I bet. It won't even look unusual since our groupies shared their funny incidents many times. A drunk woman would be a first though. I was getting excited already. I exited from the parking zone this time, just to be on the safer side.

“MISTER. VANSH. BAWEJA!”

Or apparently not.

I turned back like a dear caught in the headlights and saw Natasha, standing a few feet away from me (thank God), her eyes bulging with rage. If someone told me that she was a red bull in human form, I would have fucking believed it. I looked again and noticed a pair of sandals on her palm, her fingers holding the ends of the inside.

I paled. “You can't be serious,” I spoke hesitantly, taking a cautious step back.

She took a step forward, twirling her sandal like a toy, “Oh, I'm dead serious, Baweja. Infact, you should be glad I'm throwing you off with this harmless object and not with a bloody knife.”

I displayed my hands in defeat. “Co- come on, Natasha, it's no big deal. It's just two photos and a ten second video. There's nothing vulgar in that I swear. Just funny faces and you skipping stone tiles. I could have sent more videos to make matters worse but I didn't. See, I'm a considerate man.”

“To make matters worse?” she repeated hoarsely. “As if that wasn't bad enough! Ugh, today must be one of the worst days of my life and I'm not even on my period. A few minutes ago, Dave approached me, saying I was funny then suddenly he wanted to take me for a coffee. Dave, who's not even on our team. If he could get access to my video then, God damn well save my ass. I'll be scarred away from my professional dignity. All because of you! And for what? Revenge because I outdid you? Get a life, darnit!”

Okay now she was purposely trying to take me on a guilt trip. I took slow steps forward as she dropped her sandals. I chose my words carefully since I was treading on thin ice. “Fine, I'm sorry but seriously, you are making a big deal out of this. Granted that you'll be laughed at, for a few days but people will eventually forget about it and move on. Ain't nobody got the time to think about how Natasha looked and behaved while drunk. They all know that you eat, drink and party, just like them. And if you feel that bad then I'll make a funny video of myself too. I have no problem with sharing it amongst our group. They are a cool bunch after all. Infact, I'll even ask Irfan to join me. So loosen yourself a bit, okay?”

Natasha remained mute for a moment before glancing back at me, with a less  aggressive expression than before. Thank goodness! I thought I would be...

“Awk!” I groaned when she almost dislocated my shoulder with the edge of her palm. My hand instantly went to rub the sore area. She took that moment to kick my leg and push me, thus losing my balance. I crashed to the ground with my butt hitting the hard surface. “Ow, ow owhh, what was that for?” I whimpered, rubbing my behind.

“Go figure,” she stated, looking down at me coldly before turning around to leave.

I managed to get up, rubbing my ass a few more times, letting out a few more groans. Ignoring the pain, I stormed off to catch up to her. “You!” I raised my voice for real this time. The temper that I long suppressed was rising now. “Do you have any idea what I went through last night because of you? I came for you despite my fatigue.”

“But I—”

“I got drunk with you (one step), rescued you (another step), tolerated you (yet another), took you home and carried your sorry ass to your bed. All despite my intoxicated state. But you—” I pointed out, inching closer. “You're damn too proud to utter a simple word of gratitude. Not to forget the stunt you pulled in the end,” I paused, taking a breath while she visibly exhaled. I took a step back as I noticed her back hit against a pillar.

She cocked her head, her brows creased, “Stunt, what stunt?”

Oh my God! Don't tell me she doesn't remember. “That thing you did before the taxi arrived. Don't you remember?” Great, I couldn't even say it out loud. It was embarrassing. Her brows furrowed further, trying to remember for a while but then they shot up as realization feigned her face.

“Big deal,” She spoke, sarcastically, waving a dismissive hand. “So what, haven't you kissed your ex before? I barely remember what you tasted like. It was just a moment of weakness, I presume.”

“Even so, you can't—”

“Then why did you show up?” she cut off, looking at me sharply. “Who the fuck asked you to? It doesn't matter if Irfan did. Did I call you? No. Did I ask for your help? Hell no. I was expecting Kyle, not you! I was feeling citysick. Was in a mood to have fun, that's why I called Kyle. You sure have the galls to show up uninvited, then whine about taking care of me...” She trailed off, taking a furious step towards me. “Don't do that again, Baweja. Don't ever come for me.”

I whipped my head to her with the exact sharp gaze. “You didn't need to remind me either. I have already made up my mind after yesterday.”

“Good. One good thing I heard so far today.” She said, nodding in approval.

“Likewise,” I said turning away from her. For some reason I was feeling calmer now. Since I didn't have anything worthy to say to her anymore, I whisked my way away from her.

“One more thing,” I heard her voice from behind and stopped walking. My shoulders sagged in response. Despite not being in a mood to listen, I turned around.

What came next awakened my lazy senses. I was suddenly pulled by the tie gradually pulling me towards her. Close. “Don't you dare think I'll forget what you did today, just because you deviated from the topic. You should be glad I'm not dealing with you right now because I've got more bigger issues to deal with....”

She kept on blabbering nonsense, moving her mouth like a machine but her words weren't registering in my head. I couldn't get what or why she was saying. Not with her face slapping against mine in such a close proximity. I could almost smell her. Her scent was exactly like the blue bathroom from her apartment. My gaze dropped to the lower part of her face and my mind faithfully trailed back to last night when she kissed me, with those very same bow shaped lips she was speaking from.

“....me if you want to protect your balls. Understood?”

I gave a meek nod to whatever the hell she said. “Good,” she said finally releasing her hold from my tie. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding for a while. For a moment, I stood in my limbo state until she disappeared from my sight.

Was I still drunk?

~

The next day, I made sure to avoid wearing a tie while getting ready. You'd never know when a crazy bitch would spring up, pulling your tie again. I had just buttoned up my beige colored shirt when I heard the sound of the doorbell ring. Strange, no one usually approached me this time. The newspaper boy usually delivered the paper early morning. I didn't remember ordering anything from Amazon either. Maybe it was the electricity bill. Thinking that, I went to opened the door to reveal a man I hadn't seen before. “Yes?” I asked, observing his profile. Standing over six feet tall along with a well built physic, I wouldn't lie if I say he was a bit intimidating. His checkered blue shirt hung loose from one side of the belt while his shoulders were sagged. The back of my hand slid behind to grab the knob of the door. Something about him didn't seem right

“I'm supposing you are Vansh.”

Okay, now he was officially starting to  creep me out. Plus he seemed drunk. You'd never trust an intoxicated mind. “Yes but who are you and why do you know my name? I don't—”

I was cut off by an animalistic snarl, stirring up my senses.

The next two seconds wasn't something I foreseen coming. He bursted through the door like a mad bull, despite my defences and slammed me against the adjacent wall. I tried to push him away with my best of ability, but he was like an Ambuja cement wall that didn't lift. “Tell me, what did you do to her that night?! Tell me!” he bellowed.

How am I supposed to speak with your hand pressing my neck, you faggot? The psycho must have understood my lack of speech since he withdrew his hands away, bringing air to my lungs. I opened my mouth wide and fanned myself to get myself breathing normally again.

I snapped my fingers at his direction and motioned towards the door. “Out now.  Out!”

He bumped his shoulder against me, provoking me more. “First answer my question, scum.”

I didn't even think twice as my fist flew to hit at his jaw but unfortunately, he was quick enough to stop it. “You think I'd listen, after you so royally barged into my house and tried to suffocate me,” I spoke, breathlessly and stepped back, scrunching my nose at the foul smell of rum, emanating from his body. Damn, I couldn't get even get past my door since he blocked it with himself. I should probably start shouting.

He pointed a finger, right when I let out a sound, “Don't dare. There's no one guarding downstairs anyway,” he informed, his jaw clenched and ran a hand through his hair irritably. “Fuck! I didn't crawl my ass all the way up here, just to witness my girl being carried off, right in front of my eyes. Right when I arrived. I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit!”

My thoughts were running like a bullet train now. What was this psycho going on about? Night? Girl being carried off? Was he referring to the night when I dropped Natasha? Impossible! Who was he? And if he was related to Natasha then why bother knocking my door just to ask this question. Nothing of it made sense. “Are you talking about the night when I—” I had to tread my words carefully, despite the sound beating of my heart. “I dropped my drunk friend, Natasha.”

The look of pure rage, in his reddish eyes was enough to answer my question. I stepped back, involuntarily. “Now tell me, what happened that night? And don't fucking lie. I know you stayed at her apartment all night long. Don't even play the friendship card either. I know what kind of male friends she keeps. I know that all, way too well.”

I sighed, feeling drained already. “Look, I'm not in the mood to mingle up in some jealousy games. You already made your mind with the kind of assumption you gave so there's no point in explaining to you like a civilized adult. Stop being a prude and get the fuck out before I call the cops.”

He took a dangerous step forward, appearing ballistic while I raised my hands in defense. He may look like a bulky one but I'm sure I could land a few hits and escape from the house at the right opening. “You better start speaking, motherf0cker, otherwise—” he shouted and paused to fish out something from his jeans pocket. Something that drained all the color from my face. Never in a million years I thought that someone would hold a grudge over me to go this far. That too, a mere stranger.

Out of all the crazy thoughts crowding my head, the most prominent one was my dearest luck, who had long, left my side. It was as good as dead.

And maybe, it was planning to take me along it's grave as well.

~

⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

A u t h o r' s   N o t e

So do you think Vansh is going to end up in a hospital? Maybe Ahana will come to visit him then. 😜

First of all, a warm greeting to anyone who has started reading this story, just recently. Hope you are liking it so far. Please don't hesitate to comment your thoughts. I love hearing from you. And don't be a silent reader too. If you are liking the story then plz vote for it, it will help this story get recognized more. Thanks for your support everyone.

Thoughts about this chapter. Their confrontation. Hope it's was enterdramatic (entertaining and dramatic) enough. And it's about to get a little bit more 😈

Stay tuned XD

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

8K 742 27
"Not a typical High School romance because life isn't cliché." Trisha was a fifteen year old, studious girl but this didn't make her a sincere one. S...
10.8K 1.1K 49
School teenage friends got separated by misunderstanding... after 7 years met by destiny again. What will happen when they will meet again. They were...
11.2K 539 36
Two people from a group of childhood friends when meet after 2 years, how will they fight the attraction between them. When the girl is already in lo...
224K 14.6K 64
Completed Currently editing This is my first story and i am cringing like hell while reading it so i m editing it my request:- plzz don't read it ti...