What is Love? (Sequel to "Som...

Da imagine-hes

SEQUEL TO "SOMETHING LIKE LOVE." If a second shot at Melissa and Liam' s relationship isn't enough, then what... Altro

What is Love?
Another One?
Who are you?
Why?
Plan B
This didnt go as planned.. Or did it?
What are you doing here?
What have I done?
Girls Day Out
Fix my Heart
A Conversation Long Overdue
Rumor Has it
How to Explain...
Is it Over?
What Are We?
Help Me Out? (important authors note)
Dresses
Don't Let Me Dance Alone
New York, New Life
Horror
Author's Note (Zayn)

Don't Let Me Dance Alone part 2

63 5 1
Da imagine-hes

There is a (lyric) video on the side of a song that I think suits the chapter.  It's Good Enough by Little Mix :)

xx

ZAYN’S POV

     I stood by myself on the dance floor full of people laughing and having the time of their lives… and I wasn’t one of them.  On top of helping Liam with his plan to win Melissa back, I had to go buy a mask AND a hat that would conceal my identity.  I didn’t have much time to think about who I was going to go with to the masquerade, so here I am; alone.  If I wasn’t famous, I could go and walk up to some random chick and ask her to dance with me.  But I can’t, if I danced with a girl, I would probably mess it up by saying “thanks you’re a really good dancer, by the way, I’m Zayn Malik, you know, from One Direction.”  

  I walked over to an empty table and sat down on one of the chairs that were pulled up next to the abandoned table.  I wanted to go home and go to sleep and forget about what I’m sure will end up to be a horrible night for all of the lads.  I scanned the room crowded with people in extremely fancy attire.  I chuckled when I saw a woman wearing a hoop skirt dress; it looked like it should go back into the 19th century and never return.  She seemed to be enjoying herself with a man that looked just as ridiculous.    

  “You seem to be having fun.” A female voice brought me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump in my seat and bang my knees on the table. The voice giggled and sat down next to me.  I glanced at her; trying to recognize signs of her being a fan girl and attacking me any second, but there weren’t any.  The girl was calm and acting normal. 

“Zayn, seriously can you at least say something.  Usually when somebody approaches you, the least you could do is say hi,” She said, shocking me when she said my name.  So she did know who I was.       

“Hi,” I responded dryly.  She rolls her eyes and sighs heavily.

“Ugg this thing is so itchy.” The girl whines and slides her mask up over her forehead.  I immediately recognize her as Emily, one of Melissa’s friends who I saw in the hospital. 

“You look nice tonight.  I guess,” I added, not wanting to come on too strong.  She did look nice, though.

“Thanks for the half compliment.  Nice to know your input,” Emily scoffed, rolling her eyes.  There was a long, awkward silence that followed my remark and her reply. We were both clearly embarrassed by what we had said to each other. 

“I’m going to go talk to a friend… see you later Malik.” Emily stood up from her seat and left.  Well that hurt.  I sighed and remained in my seat.  Way to mess everything up.

Sam’s POV

“Sam!”

“What?”

“Do you even know how hard it is to find one person in this place,” Harry approached me and asked breathlessly.  I shook my head and giggled. 

“Well I searched EVERYWHERE and I even went into the women’s restrooms!  Some lady threw the bottle of soap at me and the roll of paper towels.”

“You could have just called me,” I said with a smile on my face.

“Yeah yeah, but it wouldn’t be as romantic.”

 “Well, I appreciate you getting soap and paper towels thrown at you for me.” I laughed and hugged him.

“You look very beautiful.” Harry complimented me.  I thanked him and pecked his cheek.     

“Hey guys!  H-have you seen M-Melissa?  I can’t find her a-anywhere.  She didn’t ditch me, d-did she?" Harry and I turned to see an anxious and jittery Niall. He looked like he was about to cry, and I would be too if I discovered my date hadn't shown.up. "Now she’s probably screwing around with Liam.  I told him to BACK OFF!” Harry and I look at Niall with wide eyes.  There is a wild look in his eyes, he is panting, and his face is redder than a tomato.  Niall is absolutely fuming. 

“Mate, please calm down.  You and I both know that Melissa would never want to be in the same room as Liam. Why would she be with him, when she promised she would be your date,” Harry assures Niall, putting his hands on Niall’s shoulders.  Niall only got angrier, his whole body was shaking. He vigorously shook Harry’s hands off of his shoulders.     

“That arrogant, selfish, rude thing you call a man had better not be touching Melissa,” Niall spat. Harry eye’s widened and he backed away from Niall, clearly scared of his temper. 

“Niall I am one-hundred percent positive that Melissa and Liam are nowhere near each other. You shouldn’t be worrying about Liam, you should be worrying about where Melissa is, now go find her,” I tell Niall, pushing him away from Harry and I so he can go find Melissa.

MELISSA’S POV

“Melissa?”  I heard the voice ask again.  I wanted to pretend so badly that I didn’t hear that voice, that I didn’t have any idea have an idea who was behind me.

“Melissa.  Turn around.” The voice was so menacing, it was scaring me.  I was scared to turn around, but I was scared that if I didn’t turn around, the person behind me would get angrier.  I gulped nervously, slowly turning around.  I gasped.  Niall was not who I wanted, or expected, to see. I’m beyond confused.

“I don’t understand,” I mumble, mainly to myself. 

“That makes two of us.  But I’m sure the guy behind you can.” Niall snaps, venom laced in every single one of his words. 

I turn around, once again. I remove the hat from the boy in front of me. Brown hair, no no no.  This couldn’t be.  I remove the mask next. Brown eyes, this can’t be happening.

“Liam?” I gasp.  Liam looks down, shame written across his features.  I don’t understand any of this.  All this time tonight, I was flirting with Liam; I was kissing Liam, dancing with Liam, all the while thinking he was Niall.  The worst part is that Liam went along with it.  He pretended to be Niall.  I even noticed that “Niall” was taller and his voice was different, but all I did was shrug it off and blamed the alcohol.  How could I be so stupid?

“Care to explain?” Niall asked bitterly. 

“I don’t know…I thought Liam was you!  I didn’t mean to,“ I tried to explain, though I knew it would get me nowhere.

“Of course you didn't,” He snapped, storming away from us. I have never seen him this angry, this upset. What kills me is that he looks so hurt, so broken.  I had promised him that I would go to the dance with him, and all I did was make out with a guy that I knew I would never want to see again. 

“Why?!” I screamed, anger boiling up inside of me.  “You do know you could have just apologized and politely asked me to dance with you, and if I said no, so be it. You just have to come up with a stupid plan to win me back when in the end all you did was mess everything up!  You can’t just do things simply can you? You can’t just admit it to my face! You can’t face the fact that maybe I DON’T want you back; maybe I do want to be Niall’s girlfriend and not yours.  Have you ever thought about that? You hurt me, and I know I cheated on you, but you were never there when I wanted to spend time with you.  We could have worked things out, but you yelled at me, and got angry!  Why did you have to pretend that you were Niall, do you know how much that pisses me off?  Would it have been so hard for you to tell me that you were Liam and not Niall? Maybe if you did I would have been willing to listen to you, but I doubt you would even say sorry.  Does everything have to be so spontaneous and perfect?  You used me, you took advantage of me!  You are such a bastard!”  I was beyond angry at him. Liam’s face was pale, his mouth agape. 

“But you barely know anything about Niall!  Since when did you two start hanging out, is there something else I should know?  Have you been “together” since we started dating? What are you guys having sex too?”

“What the heck Liam? I barely know anything about you either!  When have you and I ever talked to each other about our personal life?  Never! You’re right, I don’t know much about Niall, but I know enough about him to know he likes me way more that you do. Why would you think that I would have done that with Niall when I was dating you?  Niall is not that type of person, neither am I, and I’m astonished that you think that. We have only kissed once, and we were both to blame for that!  Why can’t you just let it go?  I forgave you when you kissed Blaire, and yes that took some time but I forgave you!  And if you expect me to sing to you as an apology, you had better wake up Liam, because I’m not doing that!  I’m sorry okay!  There I said it, are you happy now?” I fumed, my throat aching form all the yelling, but that was fueling my fire. “Why do you think you have the right to just snatch me up whenever you feel like it?  People need time!  I need to think, maybe I’ll move on, who knows, but I’m not going to run and jump into your arms immediately.  This isn’t a fairytale, Liam, and you certainly aren’t the prince.  You think I enjoyed kissing Niall? Yes, it was nice to finally have some sort of connection with a guy when you were busy, but I didn’t enjoy the guilt I felt, I was angry with myself that I had done something so hurtful to you.  I’m sorry you read that newspaper; I would have told you eventually when I was ready.” 

“Yeah, and when would that be, when you’re pregnant with Niall’s baby?”

“Why would you think that? You’re always so quick to assume things, you jump to conclusions.  I can’t believe you see me as the kind of person who would do that!  Am I not good enough for you? Do I have to be 100% perfect in order to date you? If that’s the case, then I guess we aren’t fit out for each other, because I’m not perfect, sorry to break it to you. “What’s worse is that you lied to me, you went along with everything that I said, when I was freaking drunk!” I fume, my anger finally dialing down a little bit.  I’m fired up at Liam, not to mention exhausted, the alcohol in my body making it worse.  I have a killer headache, my lungs hurt, my feet feel like they have been walking on rocks, and my dress has become annoying to me, the fabric is very itchy. This night didn’t go at all how I’d planned it to, I wanted to have fun with my friends, and maybe even dance with Niall, but that clearly isn’t going to happen now. I’m so confused with the situation I’m in, I don’t know how Liam got me to do everything that I did, but I really don’t want to know about all of the thought he put into it. I don’t even feel like yelling anymore, I’m just ready to be done, to leave this place. Sighing, I take off my shoes and walk away from Liam.

“You can’t just leave,” Liam shouted.  I clung onto my shoes tighter, walking faster. I felt fingers wrap around my arm, pulling me back. Oh no, this had better not be like some sort of Cinderella story, and I had better not be the princess. I yanked myself out of what I was sure was Liam’s grasp, running away again.   My eyes were stinging, all of my anger finally coming out.

“Liam, trust me, you really don’t want me to t-talk to you, I’m sure that what I would say would h-hurt you immensely, and neither of us w-want that,” I stuttered, talking becoming harder as my chest was shaking rapidly. 

“Well talk to me then!  You can’t possibly hurt me more than you already have, the damage is already done! Just say it! We can’t be in a relationship if we don’t tell each other things,” He yells, throwing his hands up in the air.

“We aren’t in a relationship!  Do I really have to tell you everything? Some people need to keep some things on the inside. I’m not an open book.  The reason that we broke up the first time is because you didn’t tell me that you had kissed Blaire, and the second time went the same way! We can’t break up and be together immediately if we’re just going to keep secrets from each other over and over.  You and I both need time,” I tell him, walking away from him again, and gladly this time, he doesn’t follow me. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

35K 735 48
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
134K 1.7K 55
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
716K 63.5K 36
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
947K 21.6K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...