Last To Know *COMPLETED*

By rhonda_lynn

Bound by love. Broken through... death? Aaron fell in love... at first sight, it seemed. But with all the pr... More

Last To Know- Prologue
Last to Know: Playlist *Top picks*
Last To Know- *SONG* by Three Days Grace
Last To Know Chapter 1
Last To Know Chapter 2
Last To Know Chapter 3
Last To Know Chapter 4
Last To Know- Chapter 5
Last To Know- Chapter 6
Last To Know Chapter 7
Last To Know Chapter 8
Last To Know Chapter 10
Last To Know Chapter 11
Last To Know chapter 12
Last to know Chapter 13
Last to Know Chapter 14-pt. 1
Last to Know Chapter 14 pt. 2
Last To Know- Chapter 15 pt. 1
Last To Know Chapter 15 Pt. 2
Last To Know Chapter 16
Last To Know- Chapter 17 pt. 1
Last to Know Chapter 17 Pt. 2
Last To Know Chapter 18 Pt. 1
Last To Know Chapter 18 pt. 2
Last to Know Chapter 19
Last to Know Chapter 20
Last To Know Chapter 21
Last to Know Chapter 22
Last To Know Chapter 23
Last to Know Chapter 24
Last To Know Chapter 25
Epilogue

Last To Know Chapter 9

587 8 9
By rhonda_lynn

Chapter 9-

I cried on the plane, cried when I got home, and cried at work the next day. It seemed never-ending, as if I'd never be whole again. My old friends asked what was wrong countless times, and every time, I denied anything being wrong. It was all a lie.

My next few days were all a lie.

I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, but calling Jill was out of the question. It would only make things worse for me, knowing that she was in Colorado, and I wasn't. My aunt was there, my uncle was there, and I wasn't. I thought I might go mad.

Finally, I just had to join the army. My life was going nowhere anyway, so I figured the adrenaline and fear would keep my mind off of my lost love.

I wrote my first letter to Jill, almost a month after I'd landed.

Jill,

I know, I promised to write, and you don't have my address. But it was just too hard for me. I'm sorry, and I love you.

I haven't written in the last month because we both needed some time away. To keep us both from cracking, I thought it'd be best not to write for a while. But I've enlisted in the army. I'm going to Iraq.

I know, this is hard for you, making the distance between us that much greater, but I swear, these last few weeks have been unbearable for me too. I swear, when I come back, I'll be moving to Boulder to be with you.

I love you, forever and always.

Aaron Stewart

The final few words of this letter brought tears to my eyes. I sent the letter and my station address with it, hoping that I would live to keep my vow.

Weeks turned into months, and those months led me to a year. One whole year away from the love of my life. That was enough, but reading her letters somehow made it worse. How much sense does that make? Wouldn't a normal person want to hear from their loved ones? I didn't. It only made things harder for me. I knew I'd see her in another year, and that I'd spend the rest of my life with her. Well, that's what I thought I knew.

This letter was sent to me on almost the exact one year anniversary.

Aaron,

I know this is hard for you. It's even harder for me. There is no one that can take away the love that we share. I haven't done much since you left. It may be hard to think about that. But my life is dull without you here.

I don't go out with anyone else.

I don't want to go out with anyone else.

It's killing me, Aaron.

It's easier, knowing I'll see you in about a year. It's amazing. I miss you. I love you.

I love you.

Those three simple words will never be forgotten. Like I said, I don't date other guys anymore. I tried, I admit, but they all couldn't compare to you. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to another letter from you, and waiting for you to come to live here.

~Jill Brewer

This particular letter makes me cry, because before I received it, my station was bombed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 357 21
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...