Our Alternate Ending | | A Po...

iamourship

Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heart... Еще

Prologe
Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum
Chapter 2- Stay with Me
Chapter 3- Battle Cries
Chapter 4- A Suns Orbit
Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer
Chapter 6- Candecent Moons
Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals
Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame
Chapter 9- Crule Like You
Chapter 10- Firelight
Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties
Chapter 12- The Trill of the Race
Chapter 13- Shattered Glass
The Elevator Chapter
Chapter 15- Laughing With Troubles
Chapter 16- Earlybird In Worry
Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel
Chapter 18- Wild Eyes
Chapter 19- Cry Wolf
Chapter 20- Playing Cupid
Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison
Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold
Chapter 23- Painstaking
Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds
Chapter 25- Me in Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter 26- Natures Crown
Chapter 27- Their Bad Blood
Chapter 28- Bottled Sunshine
Chapter 29- Trailing Scars
Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour
Chapter 32- Cosmo Children
Chapter 33- Scream
Chapter 34- Illuminating With Lanterns
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)
Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 2)
Chapter 36- The Tearling
Chapter 37- The Art Of A Queen
Chapter 38- When Things Look Up
Chapter 39- When Things Fall Down
Chapter 40- An Abundance Of Tears
Chapter 41- Crys of a Broken Girl
Chapter 42- Carving Dreams
Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale
Chapter 44- Bitter Blue
Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths
Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms
Chapter 47- Bleeding Black
Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart
Epilogue
G O O D B Y E
Sequel: Fame Through The Fire

Chapter 30- Qualifyed Love Experts

1.3K 51 45
iamourship

I can't believe we made it to chapter 30! I want to thank everyone who has read this far because I honestly didn't think I could capture the attention of anyone for this long. But we're here! And we still have a long way to go...

What's your favorite chapter or moment so far?

Is there any advise you would like me to know for the next half of the book?
__________________________________________________

All the back and forth lovey dovey stuff between Ash and Serena was starting to make me sick. I had to endure a long day of traveling yesterday, which normally wasn't a bother, but this particular journey made me want to heave the contents of my breakfast over the edge of a cliff. Ash and Serena walked ahead of me, whispering then laughing then play fighting then talking then laughing again. Ugh, it was horrible. The pair were so engrossed with each other that they failed to recognize my presence miserably. So I silently fumed while watching their flirtatious games unfold before me. It was sickening. Though oddly satisfying, innerly smirking to myself as I saw success in the way they played such queasy games.

This morning was bright like any morning in Kalos, but I wasn't in the mood to bask in it. Instead, I sulked to myself, seated on the floor outside our tents with a half eaten Oran berry in my hand. Ash and Serena were still asleep while I found trouble even trying. Every time I closed my eyes, images of those two flirting like love bugs flashed through my conscious, creating an ill feeling in my gut. I had to wash the sour taste away with the sweet juices of an Oran berry. It was satisfying, biting into soft flesh and letting the candy like flavor cascade down my throat.

Eevee sat perched on her hunches in front of me. Her dark orbs roamed my facial features as she carefully examined the way I ate. Her lips were quirked up with mischief. This caused me raise a curious eyebrow at her.

"What?" I questioned as I gauged down on the berry. The Pokemon didn't respond, not even with a small squeak, just watched me intensely. "What do you want Eevee?"

Suddenly, the sound of a tent being unzipped rang through my ears. I perked up to see who it was, my attention slipping away from Eevee. And just as I let my guard down, she pounced.

The berry that was once between my fingers was now clutched in her jaws as a malicious grin etched across her face. She snickered at me as I stared back in shock.

"Hey, give that back! Go find your own Oran berry!" I yelled and attempted to snatch the fruit from her. She effortlessly bounced out of reach. "Damn, I never should have given you that speed training."

Within a split second, I was on my feet, readying my stance to attack at any moment. I leaped at the evolution Pokemon but she escaped my arms just in the nick of time. I collided with the dirt harshly, grubbing my cheeks with mud and coating my lips in soil. I groaned as I spit out the vile taste of earth. Peering up, I found Eevee staring at me with mischief in her eyes and a giggle trembling her jaw. She was just within arms reach, so I swung my arm around to try grab the berry again. She leaped away. I mumbled harsh words under my breath as I stood up, briefly brushing the dirt off my sundress. It was covered and I would have to wash it soon.

"Eevee, I'm not in the mood for games. Give it back!" I scolded. The Pokemon simply shook her head. This made my blood boil. I lunged at her once again, but she quickly took off running. This time, I chased her. My hair blew behind me, knotted with dirt and grass. My legs pumped beneath me, powering me faster and faster until I was hot on the evolution Pokemon's heels. In fact I was so focused on my goal, it didn't occur to me that we were quickly approaching a bush.

Eevee skidded to halt, just short of the leafy barrier. I, however, wasn't as agile and ended up tripping over my footing. Before I knew it, I had fallen through the bush in the most unattractive way possible as a high pitch screech escaped my mouth. To add to my bad luck, there happened to be a ditch on the other side, which I of course fell into. Head first, I plunged down the rocky slope, scraping my hands and legs and rolling like a sausage. Tortured moans and groans followed me the whole way down. My hair was now platted with mud and my face caked in it. I swear, I swallowed a mouthful of soil then threw it back up again as I tumbled.

Eventually I rolled to a stop in the pit of the ditch. Everything ached, pain arising in my head, arms, hands, legs, the list goes on. Geez, I was a real klutz that day. Normally my luck was generally average and footing pretty good. But something about that day had it out to get me.

"Ow" was all I could mutter. There was a slight ringing in my ears but I tried to ignore it. I sat up straight, staring off into the distance, and that's when I saw the city not far away, with its looming great towers and famous skylines.

"Elaina! Oh my goodness, are you okay?!" Someone shouted from the top of the ditch. I turned around to find Serena, peering down at me with a look of concern.

"I found Lumious City!" I exclaimed, pointing towards the distant buildings. Their images were coated in vibrant blues that settled against a bright sky backdrop. Prism Tower was stacked higher than the rest, streams of wispy clouds rolling over the tip. It was a breathtaking sight, just as effective as any natural landmark.

"What happened?! You're a mess!" Serena ignored my statement and began fussing over my well being. She didn't have to worry so much, I was fine. A little scratched and grubby, but fine. Her bright blue eyes looked at me like a child that was somewhat dysfunctional and in need of assistance. Maybe it was her nature to be motherly, after all, she had cared for Ash, Bonnie and to some extent Clemont as well for a year.

"I'm fine! Just a little game gone wrong with Eevee!" I reassured her, just as the culprit of this mess poked her head out of the bush. Her dark eyes held sorrow as she drank in my tattered hair and mud painted limbs.

"What's all the noise? What happened?" A deeper voice entered the conversation from somewhere atop the ditch. My ears twitched upon hearing the voice, sending a tremor down my whole body that pinched every muscle into alertness.

No, no, no, no, no, Ash can't see me like this! Oh...what do I care...

The jet haired boy entered my vision in his signature pajamas, baring his sun-kissed arms. His gaze flitted over my figure, curled up at the bottom of a ditch covered from the toe top full with dirt. This was ought to get a reaction out of him. At first his lips parted in disbelief as he processed the image before him, and then fragments of seconds later, he burst out laughing. His bellows echoed onto my ear drums, causing a frown to appear on my lips.

"It's not that funny." I muttered to myself with annoyance evident in my tone.

"How...did..you..manage...that?" He asked between fits of laughter, making me frown deeper.

"None of your business!" I exclaimed as I crossed my arms across my chest. There was just something about him that set me off.

"I wish I was there to see it unfold. Bet it was hilarious!" Ash continued to smirk at me with an amused glint in his chocolate orbs. Serena lightly slapped his arm and glared daggers at him.

"Don't tease her Ash, it was an accident." She scolded him. Immediately, the raven haired trainer began to settle.

"I'm sorry, I can't help myself. Just look at her!" He defended. If there was ever a time I wanted looks to kill, it would be now, for the daggers I was shooting his way with my stare were sharp enough to kill without drawing blood.

Damn obnoxious trainer...

"Yeah, yeah I get it, I look like a sun dried pig with hair. Now help me out of this ditch!" I demanded, causing a few more chuckles to escape Ash's mouth.

Noivern successfully managed to pull me out, clutching my arms in his predator claws and dragging me with the force of his powerful wings. The bat Pokemon gently placed me on the ground next to Serena who blew out a breath of relief.

"Thank you so much Noivern for saving me, yet again." I thanked the Pokemon while Ash returned him to his Pokeball. "I've got to stop doing stupid things..." I mumbled to myself.

I turned to find Ash looking at me with an eyebrow raised, as if he was expecting something from me. I glared back, not speaking a single word to see if he would speak up. He never did.

"I hope you're not expecting a thank you 'cause you aren't going to get one." I stated. Ash's face fell, clearly not understanding my reasonings. He was a boy who needed guidance in most aspects of life except, excluding Pokemon battling, and I was impatient. It wasn't a good mix, and I knew that, but I still wanted his presence, no matter how much I denied it.

"Why not? I helped you." He argued, annoyance seeping into the curve of his frown.

"No, Noivern helped me while you laughed in the background. Not worth my breath." I concluded, flicking my hair with emphasis and thus causing specks of dirt to spew into the air.

"Well, my Pokemon and I are a package deal." He pointed out matter-of-factly. I simply shook my head.

"What a shame."

"Would you two quit arguing? We have people in Lumious City to meet!" Serena butted in, causing both of us to silence. We glared at each other regardless, each stare as piercing as the opposing.

Once we had packed up our campsite, we were on our way towards the grand elegant city. It's classic brick road streets lined with exquisite cafes and restaurants were very inviting. The endless selection of designer boutiques that dotted flowery boulevards were eye pleasing. And the bakeries that filled the streets with a wild aroma of sugary treats were my absolute favorite. My mouth began to water at the very thought.

"Elaina, do you think we could have another love lesson today, it's been a while." A familiar voice asked in my ear. His breath sent vibrations down my spine that chilled every vertebrate as it went.

"Not a chance. Ask again tomorrow when I'm more pleased with you." I told the boy before skipping away with a smug smile etched across my face.

*. *. *. *.

"I can't believe this!" I shrieked at the communications screen that beheld an image of my younger brother, Leon. The entire Pokemon center went quiet and I felt the gaze of everyone around fall onto my back. I cringed at myself, awaiting the moment when the center population would lose interest in my out break.

"Jealous?" The blonde boy asked with a quirky smile. Although I'd never openly admit it, I missed that goofy grin he would wear around me. I never really appreciated its significance until he was gone. Until the sight of that smile became an occasion.

"Of you? No way in hell." I remarked, turning my nose at the boy. Honestly, I was jealous. Very, very much jealous. It set a burning fire alight in my veins.

On the other side of the screen, my younger brother displayed his latest catch. A small feathery bird-like creature that took the shape of a mediocre sized ball. It's feathers were a vibrant magenta that rimmed huge rouge eyes. Thick lashes, dense like the Kalos forest canopy, battered elegantly as the Pokemon fluttered aimlessly around its trainer.

"Don't try lying to me, Elaina. I know Spritzee makes you very jealous, because that means you're the last sibling to get your second Pokemon." Leon pointed out, his words speaking the truth. The main reason for my jealousy was exactly that, I was the only one left without a second Pokemon. Which technically, meant I lost to my brothers. Which I had a problem with.

"Maybe I don't want a second Pokemon. Maybe Eevee and I are just fine." I argued. Unfortunately, I really wanted a second Pokemon. How exactly I was going to get it was a mystery to me, but finishing last place in anything was a terrifying experience, so I was determined to do it. Possibly Ash could help me.

"Oh come on Elaina! Of course you want another Pokemon! You can't become the best with just Eevee!" He explained and I knew full well he was right, but I'd never give him the pleasure of knowing.

"Yes I can! And I will! Just watch me!" I concluded, trying to pull off a believable charade with my head held high. Leon just laughed.

"I'll watch you try alright. Can't wait until the first time you try to beat a gym leader." My brother snickered with a teasing glint in his eyes. I frowned deeply in return.

"I don't have time for people with two Pokemon." I huffed "Talk to you later."

Upon switching off the communications screen, I turned to see my friends patiently waiting for me to finish. Well, when I say patient I really mean Ash tapping his feet, fidgeting with his fingers, almost wetting himself with the amount of energy he has and Serena trying to keep him still.

"Finally done with your scheduled squabble, Elaina?" Ash asked with new sparkles lighting his eyes.

"Yup! And would you believe this?! He's got a Spritzee!" I sulked in a raised tone that made Serena flinch.

"I'm proud of him! Valerie has been a great mentor! That's so great!" Serena celebrated while putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her as if she had shed her skin like a snake.

"No! It absolutely is not great! It's repulsive, completely and utterly ridiculous!" I cried, once again drawing the attention of everyone within a Pokemile radius.

"How come? Why aren't you happy for him?" Serena asked in confusion.

"Cause it means she is the only sibling who hasn't gotten her second Pokemon." Ash stated.

"I hate to say it, but Ash is right." I hung my head low as the bitter words left my mouth.

"Don't worry Elaina, take your time. It took me awhile to get my second Pokemon so you shouldn't worry." Serena tried to reassure me. My lips twisted into a thin line as I contemplated the idea.

"Yes, the only trouble is, I really really want a second Pokemon." I whined, causing Serena to sigh with emphasis.

"It's really not that hard. All you do is battle the Pokemon then throw a Pokeball at it. Simple." Ash announced with a knowing smirk. To him, it may be simple, he had plenty of experience. Me, on the other hand, had none.

"Will you help me then Ash?" I asked as we excited the Pokemon center.

"Sure, but first, we have to go see Clemont and Bonnie!" Ash cheered and we all headed straight for Lumious City gym, taking the shortest route possible.

*.                     *.                        *.                     *.    

"Hello! Is anyone home?!" Serena inquired into the gym communicator at the front entrance. It was no different from how I remembered, plated with a metallic finish and low-lying yellow haze from the multiple dimly lit lights. Even behind the front door, you could still feel the electricity that bounced through air particles, filling any visiter with excitement.

"Serena? Is that you?" A voice blared through the speakers, echoing the room with Clemonts voice. "Just a second."

A few moments later, the large automatic doors opened, raveling the battle arena of Lumious City gym, one I had already enlightened myself with. Soon, a lemon haired boy with plump cheeks appeared. He looked no different from when I last saw him months ago. His baggy vibrant blue jumpsuit and round wire-framed glasses all in perfect tac. He pushed the frame up the ski-slope bridge of his nose, his lips twitching into a smile that lighted Ash and Serena's faces.

"Hey Clemont! Long time no see!" Ash greeted with his signature childish smile that I had learned to appreciate over the past few months. Meager dimples dented the corners of his grin, seeping youth into his innocent expression.

"Ash, Serena, it's so good to see you again. You as well Elaina." Clemont replied as he welcomed us deeper into the gym. "Here to pay Lumious a visit?"

"What else? Couldn't wait to see you." Ash embraced his good friend, who was still the slightly awkward Clemont I met during the first week of my journey. He tensed a fraction at the sudden hug but eventually wrapped his arms around his long-time friend.

"We arrived this morning and couldn't help coming straight here!" Serena exclaimed before planting her own hug on the gym leader. I watched from a distance with a small smile gracing my lips as the reunited friends chatted.

We were all abruptly averted to the sight of a young platinum blonde girl skipping into the room with her normal joy and child-like essence. One of the largest grins I had ever seen was spread across her lips as she spotted her old traveling companions.

"Ash! Serena! You're back! Yay!" She cheered as her short legging clad legs rushed over to the duo and snatched their waists into large hugs.

"Great to see you Bonnie!" Serena welcomed the blonde girl by returning her embrace.

I could feel the chemistry emitting from their surely unbreakable friendship even at the distance where I stood. It was almost as if I was watching this reunion from a television screen. At that moment, I came to the realization that no matter how close I got with each of them, I would never have a place in that circle. Which I was perfectly fine with. No amount of time could make up for the experiences they shared together. It was simply impossible.

The first person to notice myself, standing in the corner looking rather awkward, was Bonnie. She perked up with a sympathetic look and smiled my way. I instantly returned the gesture as my eyes lit up. The little girl briefly excused herself then bounded up to me as her classic white tutu fluttered with every step.

"Elaina! You're back!" Bonnie exclaimed in a cheery tone.

"Sure am! And I'm stronger than ever!" I replied with some confidence creeping into my voice.

"Really?! Are you going to challenge my brother for a badge?" She asked with bubbling curiosity. The comment caused me to sigh in sadness, as I knew there was no way a battle against Clemont would end in victory.

"Uh...no. I actually won't." I muttered as I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"That's a shame. Do you have any new Pokemon? Can I brush them?" She was hyped up on excitement, practically jumping on her toes.

"No, don't have any other Pokemon either..." I sighed, wondering why this seemed to constantly haunt my day.

"What about Aron and Leon? Where did they go?" She questioned, a slight sadness in her girlish tone. I remembered how those three had instantly clicked, mainly due to their common love of teasing their siblings.

"Leon's in Laverre City with the gym leader, Valerie and Aron's with my parents in the middle of Kalos forest." I replied, feeling a small twang at my heart strings. It was true, I missed my brothers but would never openly admit it.

"Really?! Awww, Leon promised he'd help me find the perfect girl for my brother!" She moaned, stomping her feet on the sandy ground.

"Haven't had much luck with that since we've been gone?" I asked and she stuck out her bottom lip in a exaggerated pout.

"Not at all." Bonnie huffed as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"I haven't had much luck with Ash and Serena either." I sulked, peering at the couple still engrossed in conversation with Clemont. They would be perfect together, fit like lock and key, but trying to open the door was harder than expected.

"You're still going with that?!" The little blonde girl bellowed, a new level of surprise creasing her features.

"Yep. And it's harder than I thought." I muttered as I continued to study the pair before me.

"I'll say. You know what? Since your here in Lumious, why don't I help you with this situation? I'm quite good in these instances, if I do say so myself." Bonnie advised. At her words, millions of ideas began swirling in my mind. Just imagine the success Bonnie and I could have as a team.

"That sounds brilliant. But what are we going to do?" I wondered out loud, attempting to pick the most reasonable and effective idea from the chaos of my brain.

"We need to do something romantic, where it's just the two of them. Like a date!" The  young love expert exclaimed.

"Perfect! But where? And what would they do?" I asked as our villainous plan began to fall into place.

"I know an ideal place and have a brilliant way to get rid of the public so our plan can be accurately executed. As for the activity, I think a candle lit dinner would be a splendid idea to meet Serena's tastes." Bonnie told me, her voice now simmered to a whisper.

"It has to be extravagant, just to get into Ash's think head. Do you know anywhere I could purchase around 200 candles?" I quizzed and the little blonde became deep in thought.

"Quite possibly. There's a candle maker who has a store a few streets away, though I'm not sure he'll carter 200, but it's worth a shot." She informed me, causing a striking smile to grace my lips.

"Perfect. We'll pick up some food from an exquisite restaurant and the cities finest grape juice. After, we'll rid this ideal place of any by-passers before setting up. I guess then we'll have to trick Ash in Serena into meeting there..." I bit my lower lip as numerous ideas role played in my head.

"Don't you worry about that. I'll take Serena and you'll take Ash. Just tell him you want to battle at Lumious park, simple as that. He'll never pass up a challenge." She instructed.

"And what about Clemont? He seems a little left out." I said, feeling a small amount of sympathy for the gym leader.

"I'll take care of my brother. For now, we have a lot of work to do. The perfect date has to be ready for tonight." Bonnie remarked.

"Right. Let's go see that candle maker."

And with that, the little blonde girl and I started towards the gym with jubilant ideas of tonight's arrangements playing in our minds and rolling of the tip of our tongues. Two seemingly qualified love experts, young in respects, but well practiced. What could possibly go wrong?

"Bonnie? Elaina? Where are you going?" Serena called from someway behind us.

"Nowhere!" We both replied in perfect sync before letting lose of few giggles under our breaths.

__________________________________________________

Finally posting! Soz guys I was in the UK doing a lot of important things but I'm back home now which means more writing time! In this chapter we were really just establishing things for future chapters, hence why it was Elaina's POV. Until next time, Bye!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

49.8K 902 26
okay first off this is a sequel to my other book 'mixed feelings - an amourshipping story'so if you hadnt read it i suggest you do before reading thi...
233K 4.8K 34
Serena finally takes the guts to confess to Ash while the latter wins the Kalos League....in a way. Delia reveals her true nature of work and Ash tak...
39K 870 9
Serena has a huge crush on Ash. He's brave, kind, caring, the list goes on. But most importantly he "Never Gives Up" 。。。 What will happen when Ash is...
77.3K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•...