Lottie (Charlotte Lupin x Fre...

By Fangirlnia221B

"Don't you dare die on me, Weasley." "I wouldn't dream of it, Lupin. I haven't told you I love you yet." ... More

LOTTIE:
1.| The First Day Back
2.| The Sorting Ceremony
3.| Hallowe'en and Quidditch
4.| Christmas and Other Celebrations
5.| A Second Goodbye
6.| The Burrow
7.| Rumours That Fly
8.| The Piece of Parchment
9.| The Room, the Message and the Hallowe'en Prank
10.| Romance and Rogues
11.| A Merry Little Christmas
12.| Matters Get Worse
13.| Another Year Down
14.| The Cauldron That Leaks
16.| The Grim
HAPPY 19 YEARS LATER!
17.| (Falsely Accused) Murderer in the Castle
18.| Fears, Futures and Flying
I'M ALIVE???
| other stories |

15.| The Three Lupins

1.6K 57 22
By Fangirlnia221B

Tom woke Charlotte next morning with his usual toothless grin and cup of tea. Charlotte got dressed and was just persuading a a gruntled Tony to get back into his cage when Fred and George banged their way into the room, Fred pulling a sweatshirt over his head and looking irritable.

"The get on the train, the better," George said. "At least we can get away from Percy at Hogwarts. Now he's accusing Ron of dripping tea on his photo of Penelope Clearwater. We need to congratulated him. Come on."

"Boys, I need to -"

Before Charlotte could protest, she was being frog-marched out of her room and into Harry's where Ron was explaining what had happened to the photo of Percy's girlfriend.

"She's hidden her face under the frame because her nose has gone all blotchy ..."

"I've got something to tell you -"

"Splendid job, Ronald," Fred grinned.

"Absolutely spiffing," George added.

"It wasn't me," Ron hissed.

"What ever you say," Charlotte said, giving a wink.

They headed down to breakfast, where Mr Weasley was read the front page of the Daily Prophet with a furrowed brow and Mrs Weasley was telling Hermione and Ginny about a Love Potion she'd made as a young girl. All three of them were rather giggly.

"Love Potion?" Fred repeated. "Any pranks we could pull with that?"

"Don't you dare," Charlotte warned. "It's practically a date rape drug. Please don't."

Percy stormed in and glared angrily at Ron who spluttered in protest with his hands in the air before returning to his food.

The ensued the chaos as everyone heaved all their trunks down the Leaky Cauldron's narrow staircase and piling them up near the door, with Tony, Hedwig and Hermes, Percy's screech owl, perched in their cages. A small wickerwork basket stood beside the heap of trunks, spitting loudly.

"It's all right, Crookshanks," Hermione cooed through the wickerwork, "I'll let you out on the train.

"You won't snapped Ron. "What about poor Scabbers, eh?"

He pointed at his chest, where a large lump indicated that Scabbers was curled up in his pocket.

"Ron, that thing's twelve years old now; it should be dead anyway," George said.

Mr Weasley, who had been outside waiting for the Ministry cars, stuck his head inside.

"They're here," he said. "Harry, come on."

Ron, Hermione and Percy joined Harry and Mr Weasley in one car whilst Charlotte, Fred, George, Ginny and Mrs Weasley piled into the second. The Ministry cars seemed almost ordinary, though Charlotte noticed that they could slide through gaps that the cars in those Muggle films her dad had introduced her to over the summer after they got a Muggle TV couldn't have managed. They reached King's Cross Station with Twenty minutes to spare; the Ministry drivers found them trolleys

, unloaded their trunks, touched their hats to Mr Weasley and drove away, somehow managing to jump to the head of un unmoving queue for the traffic lights.

Charlotte walked alongside Fred as the group made their way into the station.

"Right then," Mr Weasley said, glancing around at them. "Let's do this in pairs, as there are so many of us. I'll got through first with Harry."

Ginny and Percy followed after them, then Ron and Hermione, who were still bickering about Crookshanks and Scabbers, then Fred and George and finally, Mrs Weasley and Charlotte.

Once they had all made their way to the platform, Harry and Mr Weasley led the way to the end of the train, past packed compartments, to a carriage that looked quite empty. They loaded the trunks onto it, stowed the owls and kneazle in the luggage rack, then went back outside to say goodbye to Mr nd Mrs Weasley.

Mrs Weasley kissed all her children, then Hermione and Charlotte, and then finally Harry.

"Do take care, won't you, Harry?" she said as she straightened up, her eyes oddly bright. Then she opened her enormous handbag and said, "I've made you all sandwiches. Here you are, Ron ... no, they're not corned beef ... Fred? Where's Fred?"

"I'll take the twins', Molly," Charlotte offered. "They've gone to find a compartment before they're all gone."

"Oh, thank you," Molly said, handing Charlotte the three stacks of sandwiches. "And do take care of yourself this year. No chasing down Black -"

"Why on Earth would I do that?" Charlotte asked. "It's not like I enjoy getting into trouble."

"Charlotte."

"If I do come across him however ... I'll just have to hide him from everyone, won't I?"

"Please don't."

"I'm only joking. Honestly, Molly."

"Oi, Lots! Hurry up, will you? Lee's desperate to speak to you," George called from the window of the train.

"Well, see you soon, Molly. I'll get the boys to write."

"Don't forget to write yourself."

"Will do."

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

"Lolu! Long time, no see," Lee greeted Charlotte as she made her way into the compartment.

"Indeed it has been," Charlotte replied, giving Lee a quick hug. "How's life?"

Lee explained at length how good life was over the summer for him. Then Charlotte explained and then Fred and George told of the numerous adventures they had in Egypt.

"Those pyramids were brilliant," Fred reminisced.

"To think they were built without magic," George grinned.

"You're starting to sound like your dad, lads," Lee chuckled.

"Yeah, you should've taken Muggle Studies like I did," Charlotte added.

"But they were amazing."

"And then there was the -"

All of a sudden, Charlotte felt frozen, like there was actual ice keeping her spine in place, and her brain unable to unfreeze her body. The train came to a jolt, and the iciness left her, just as the entire train fell into darkness.

"What's going on?"

"Ouch!" said Lee. "Fred, that was my foot!"

"D'you think we've broken down?"

"Dunno ..."

Charlotte was sitting on the side of the compartment closest to the corridor, so she was unable to get a good look out of the window.

"There's something moving out there," she said, "I think people are coming aboard."

The compartment door slid open, and Charlotte jumped closer to Fred. There was a thud, and she heard Angelina Johnson say, "Sorry! D'you know what's going on? Ouch! Sorry -"

"Hullo, Angie," said Charlotte.

There was more fidgeting, and Charlotte figured that Angelina was just moving to sit on something that wasn't the floor. She moved away from Fred. Although her back no longer felt frozen, she still had the weird feeling in her gut. She saw as two more figured made they're way into the apartment - Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet this time - and squished up to Fred to make more room. She felt like something was dreadfully wrong.

"It's s-s-s-so cold-d," Alicia shivered.

The group sat (shivered) in silence for what seemed like days, Charlotte slowly doubting what was going on with each moment.

The warmth soon returned to the compartment, and the train started to move again. There had been a thud and when the lights flickered back into life, it was revealed that Katie was sprawled half in the compartment and half out, Angelina was sat in Lee's lap, George had Alicia's hair tangled in his shoe laces as the girl was spread across the floor, and Charlotte and Fred had squished up to each other so much that the latter's head was close to being crushed against the window. Charlotte's wrist pressed against the side of the compartment, where somebody had engraved Moony Lupin + (y/m/n) Black 5ever.

Charlotte would've laughed if she wasn't so confused by what had just happened.

☆•★•☆

Naturally, being on a train full of Hogwarts students meant news spread like wildfire.

"Harry Potter fainted?" Fred repeated as the four girls and three boys made their way to the castle via carriage.

"We can ask him of it's true when we see them," George said as they stepped out of the carriage.

"There he is now," Lee called as he helped Angelina down.

"We'll go talk to him," Charlotte said. "You boys go find us a seat in the Great Hall."

"Fine," Fred sighed. "But you have to tell us everything he said."

"We will," Alicia said sweetly as the girls made they're way over to Harry.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Katie asked.

Harry nodded and asked, "Did the Dementor even get to that part of the train?"

"Dementor?" Alicia repeated with wide eyes.

"No, but it was still freezing," said Charlotte.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, we're fine," Angelina said.

"The Dementor went into ours," Hermione explained. "Harry fainted, but I don't blame him."

"You sure you're all right after fainting, Harry?" Charlotte asked.

"Potter fainted?" an annoying voice said behind them.

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. "Why are you even here?" she said to the platinum blonde. "You're like, a snotty version of Darth Vader. Like, if his grandson took over."

"You know Muggle films?" Hermione said.

"Dad got a TV over the holidays; it's half the reason I never went out."

Malfoy ignored that. Harry snorted at the mention of Star Wars.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Lupin telling the truth? You actually fainted?" Draco pushed past Hermione, blocking Harry's way into school.

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley? Did the scary old Dementor frighten you too?"

"Malfoy, please, your arse must be jealous of everything that's coming from your mouth," Charlotte said in a bored tone, earning a few sniggers from Katie.

"Come on now, Draco," a sickly voice said, "leave them alone. What would your mummy say if she knew you were speaking to those?"

"Let's go then, guys. I'm sure Madam Pomfrey had some chocolate in the hospital wing for you," Charlotte said hurriedly, moving her feet as fast as they could take her away from Alex Davies.

"Actually," Harry said as they walked towards the castle doors, "the teacher on the train gave me some. I think it might be your d-"

"You need to go see her anyway, Harry. Let's go," Hermione interrupted, dragging Harry and Ron in the direction of the hospital wing.

The girls got into the Great Hall and found the twins and Lee immediately. As they sat down, Fred tapped Charlotte on the shoulder.

"You remembered the Map, didn't you?"

"'Course I did," Charlotte replied in a whisper as the Sorting began. "It's like an extension of my arm."

They continued to talk about the Map in a hushed whisper whilst the Sorting went on. Charlotte continued to glance behind Fred, since Alex could be seen on the Slytherin table, happily talking to Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini.

"Who's the new guy at the teacher's table?" Angelina asked. "The one with the 'tache and scars sitting next to Lottie's Mum."

"I don't know," Katie answered. "He seems quite friendly with your mum though, Charlotte."

Charlotte spun to look at the table and glanced at the man in question. He had sandy blond hair that was getting darker and greying slightly at the sides and he had big chocolate-coloured eyes that Charlotte recognised as her own.

She dropped her head into her hands before muttering, "I knew it."

"What?" Angelina asked.

"Nothing," Charlotte answered.

"Do you know who the new teacher is?" Katie asked.

Charlotte thought about what to say for a moment. Beside her, she could hear Lee squealing quietly in an excited tone to Fred and George about how cute it was that the seating arrangement at the teachers' table had changed so that the two teaching Lupins could sit together.

"No," Charlotte answered finally. "I reckon he's to replace Lockhart, thought. Mum always likes a helping hand with Defence."

"Well I'd be happy to have him as an extra teacher," Alicia remarked, twirling a strand of her blonde locks with her thumb and first finger. "He isn't too bad looking."

Charlotte choked on her hot chocolate and spat it across the table diagonally into Lee's face.

"Thanks," Lee said, wiping away the liquid with his sleeve.

"Oh, come here," Angelina tutted, taking out her wand and casting a spell to remove the mess. "And anyway, 'Licia, he seems a bit old to be catching your interest. I mean, he has some grey hairs."

"My dad has grey hairs and he's only thirty-three," Charlotte said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Which means he possibly has them from stress and that means he's a hard worker. And the scars show he's brave," Alicia added.

"Not necessarily," Katie stated. "He's probably just old."

"Dumbledore's old, Kat," Alicia said, pointing a finger at her fellow Chaser. "That guy can't be older than forty. I'm tell you now."

"I agree," Charlotte interjected.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione showed up towards the end ofthe Sorting. As they took their seats at the Gryffindor table, Dumbledore stood up to speak.

"Ooh, Bumblebee's ready," Angelina said as the headteacher stepped up to address the school.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get the of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast ..."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued. "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

He paused, and Charlotte remembered what Mr Weasley had said about Dumbledore not being happy with the Dementors guarding the school

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises - or even Invisibility," he added. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul the Dementors."

Percy, who was sitting a few seats along from Charlotte, puffed out his chest and stared around impressively. Dumbledore paused again; he looked very seriously around the Hall, and nobody moved or made a sound.

"On a happier note," he continued, "I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year.

"Our first new appointment ... well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

There was loud cheer and round of applause that sounded through the Hall as Hagrid stared down at his hands with a red face, his grin hidden by his shaggy black beard.

"And secondly," Dumbledore continued. "I would like to introduce Mr Remus Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of that Professor Lockhart held last year as an assistant of Mrs Lupin in Defence Against the Dark Arts."

There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic, applause.

(Charlotte and the twins yelled loudly.)

"So we have a husband and wife team now, eh?" Alicia grinned. "Wait," she said, dropping her expression. "Remus Lupin ... Charlotte Lupin ... oh, Lottie, why didn't you say he was your dad?"

"Felt like having a laugh."

"Well, I guess we have three Lupins now," Angelina pointed out, just as (y/n) and Remus looked over to their daughter.

"Get ready for havoc," Charlotte muttered, sending a wink towards her parents.

✪~✪~✪

I'm back and I'm alive and I'm very sorry for taking so long to update and I'm very unprepared for my Welsh GCSE exam which is in two days. After that I have another fourteen exams (the last of which is June 20th) and then i have a twelve week summer holiday before college with prom in the middle.

How exciting

Hope you're enjoying and please keep your comments coming because it calms me down when I'm panicking about exams and i read what you have to say

Word count: 2631

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 46.9K 53
Discontinued "How does it feel to be the daughter of such an influential celebrity?" "Influential? The man practically only came...
17.4K 670 24
sirius black x oc x remus lupin When Charlotte Harris returned for her sixth year at Hogwarts, her only concern was passing her NEWT's and surviving...
16.8K 548 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...
943 4 50
Aries Cassiopeia Black is a Halfblood Witch and is also a Gryffindor and she is also the only daughter and child of none other than Sirius Black hims...