United

By rippedskinnyjeans

Sometimes people aren't what we think they are. Even though sometimes, their true nature isn't too far for wh... More

Preface
No crushes. No drama.
Dreams and Shadows
Inches to Death
Party Disaster
Music from the Past
New Beginning
Unlocking Secrets
State of Innocence
On Fire
Shot of Reality
Into Dust You Shall Return
Parent's Day
Dance with Fists
Plot Twist
Choices
Harry's Book
Ancestral Fight
Alone
One Death. One True Love.
Epilogue: Endless Love

Perfect Strangers

14.8K 378 95
By rippedskinnyjeans

“I always seem to have a vague feeling that he is a Satan among musicians, a fallen angel in the darkness who is perpetually seeking to fight his way back to happiness.” - Havelock Ellis.

London, England. Present day.

Elena entered the enormous old building that has been her home for the past years. This is going to be the last one tough, now that she's turning 21 and finishing her studies this year she decided to travel to a few palces within Europa and make some music. Being in The Royal Conservatoire has been a whole experience, she didn't know much outside it since her parents where really overprotective with her. Elena's life hasn't been the easiest and normal, since she was a little girl she has experienced things that logic and reasoning can't explain. And she has had uncountable near-dead experiences, it was almost as if someone wanted to kill her; that's why her parents decided to signed her up here. As Elena loved music and playing the piano she didn't argue much about being locked up for the rest of her teenager days.

"Remember to call us if you need anything, and please take care." Her mother told Elena with tears in her eyes. Everytime they said goodbye, they wondered if that would be the last time they might saw her beloved daughter. Hope was the only thing that made them resist, that and love.

"Mum, please don't worry. I'm going to be fine, we always do this, remember? And I'm 20 for crying out loud." Elena told her mum with a hint of humor to try to make her smile. "Dad please don't let her be so sentimental while I'm gone, ok?"

"Sure honey. Just please do what your mum told you. Take care." Her father hugged her as tight as he could taking care to not suffocate her. Elena knew he was holding his tears back so she didn't see him cry infront of her. She knew it was hard for them every year leave her here with the uncertainty of whether or not they would see her alive again. So far nothing has happened to her these past years, why would happened now?

After her parents left, Elena headed over to her bedroom. In The Royal Conservatoire the accommodation where mixed, boys and girls room. The first accommodations where in the west wing of the building, meanwhile the rest where in the east wing. Her room was on the east wing. Just before arriving there, a group of new students were talking in the hallway. A tall blonde girl with blue eyes, who looked more like a model than a student, stared at Elena has she walked passed them, she didn't look back at her. Elena felt this nerve wracking feeling when she felt the new student glare, it was like the blonde girl was trying to suck her soul and kill her, so much hate in just one stare. Elena hurried to her room and got in.

A petite girl with short hair was standing in the room. Elena stood on the door frame not understanding what was going on. Did she mistaken the room? The girl turned around and looked at her with a smile on her face.

"Hi, my name is Colleen! You must be Elena, really nice to meet you. I'm your new roommate!" Elena took a look at her and she noticed her blue paled eyes and her style was a little gothic. But because of her slim contexture and her haircut she looked more like a pixie, a gothic pixie. Colleen had black haired with some red highlights, it suited her really well. That wasn't common at all here, you just saw a bunch of posh kids around here with their polo t-shirts and gucci handbags at the weekend; Elena was the only one who dressed more "commonly". She has a scholarship so she wasn't part of that rich kids world, but she didn't want to be either. For her it didn't matter how you dress, besides, they use unifroms on the week and whatever they want on weekends.

"My new roommate? But I thought this year we wouldn't share rooms since we're seniors. Stella signed up for us to be roomates but it was denied. No offense." Stella was Elena's best friend, they had been roommates and friends since they met at the conservatoire. She was the only person here who knew about her nightmares and inexplicable situations. All she could think was what was she going to do now with this new roommate. She will probably think she was weird and has serious problems. 

The girl laughed. "I'm joking, this is your own room. The principal told me to come here since I'm new here and you've been here for a long time. I'm sorry if this isn't what you expected. I won't bother you."

"No, don't worry. I'm sorry if I made you think that you were bothering me. It just took me by surprised, Stella and I have been roommates since years and our application was denied, so it was really unexpected." She said, trying to make her feel better. Elena was shy so making new friends wasn't one of her favourites things to do, and considering the things happening in her life, it wasn't the best thing to do. It seemed her life was already in danger, so why put others too?

"Do you mind showing me around? Since classes stars in a few hours and I don't know the place." Colleen asked her. Elena could feel the excitement in her voice.

"Please don't take this wrong, I'm saying it for your own sake. You should stay away from me. If you don't want any problems and want to live, you'll stay away from me."

"Wow, ok "danger girl". Look, I know how to take care of myself and believe me, I've lived what people believe as "weird shit" and lived from quite a long while now. We both are weird. Weirdos are friends. It's written in the "Weirdos book", haven't you heard about it?"

Elena didn't understand what she meant between lines. She thought Colleen clearly wasn't being serious about living for "quite a long while", Colleen must be, what?, her age at least.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you about it. Let's go." Elena said, leaving her suitcase on the empty bed before leaving the room. She was worried about this new girl not caring about her warning and wanted to be friends with her. This wasn't usual, but what was in her life? The gothic pixie nodded in agreement and followed her. In the hallway there wasn't any sign of the group of girls that were before, something that made Elena feel relieved. She already had enough problems in her life, she didn't need a drama queen to add to the equation too.

Elena showed Colleen every part of the building where the students were allowed to be in. Of course, Colleen wanted to explored beyond those room but Elena wasn't up to it, specially the dark places, those are the ones where the strangest and creepiest things had happened to her. After Elena's refusal to accompany Colleen to the secret places, the black haired girl asked her to take her out to the conservatoire gardens. The two girls walked to the outskirts of the old building that were full of grass, flowers and trees where you could lean on. There was also a lake a few miles further.

Colleen wanted to see more but classes where about to begin so Elena told her they would come back as soon as the first hour finishes. They were on the same year so they had all the classes together, or at least the compulsory ones, because the electives they had taken were different.

"Are the classes here boring and soulless as the building?" The new girl asked while they were going to their first class. The hallways were quite and empty but as they got closer to the classroom, voices of the students talking could be heard.

"To be honest, they are. The only fun class is when we actually play, lectures are just useless. Theory doesn't make beuatiful and pure music, love does." Elena was really passionated when it came to music. That was the only thing that could make her feel safe when she was scared, and it was the only thing that remained constant in her life. It didn't dissapear, it didn't judge her, it was always there. Her loyal friend.

"What you just say was really beautiful. You're still as passionated as I remember from last time." Colleen said, smiling at her. A warm smile that made Elena feel like she was emanating an aura of affection. She even thought she had seen a golden light around Colleen.

"As you remember from last time?" Elena said confused looking at the girl infront of her. She wasn't kidding when she said she was weird. They've just met, how could she know that she was passionated about music?

"Let's go to classes, shall we?" The paled eyed girl said, walking into the classrom and leaving her standing alone in the hallway confused. After a few seconds, Elena walked into the classroom and there was already most of the students in their seats. She saw Colleen waving at her and pointing next to her into an empty seat. She approached to her and took a seat. Moments later the professor entered the room and the class began shortly.

...

"That was the most boring and awful class that I've ever had. Thank God it's over. Father I love you!" The gothic girl screamed raising her hand in the air like she was adoring someone from above.

"I didn't take you as someone who was catholic and believed in God." Elena said joking. 

Colleen winked at her and laughed. Maybe being friends will her won't be that bad, if we ignore the part that being with Elena could put her life in risk and all that stuff. We all know that everyone dies, but being the one responsable for it, it's not nice at all. As Elena promised before they went to class, they returned to the gardens to continue exploring.

The gardens where full of students taking a break from the depressing look of the conservatoire, there were groups seating here and there talking and laughing. There was this group in particular that was sat under one of the trees that caught Elena's attention. Specially one boy. They must be new because she hadn't seen them before. He was wearing a leather jacket with the uniform and a colored bandana on his head, a very attractive code violation. Maybe it was because he had the only coloured spot in the crowed of studens, but he was all that Elena could look at.

She noticed he had a chestnut curly hair and tan skin. His eyes covered with those dark sunglasses, his jaw line, his plump lips and the dimples in his cheeks. Nothing that Elena had seen in movies, read in book, seen in magazines, nothing can compare to him. Elena has always had this weakness for breathtaking gorgeous, approchable or not. Like this guy. He was leaning agains the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. Elena's mind quickly drifted imagining herself being wrapped for those strong arms. She shook her head, and as fast as that image of her in his arms appeared was soon removed from her mind. 

The curly haired guy was talking with another guy who was sightly shorter than him. He had dirty blonde hair that ended a little above his shoulders. They were laughing about something Elena wished she knew. Where was Stella when you need her, she thought for herself. She wasn't good with boys related stuff, but Stella was. Really good, actually. Colleen noticed Elena's eyes running over the group and placing on the curly haired guy.

"That's Harry Styles and I think he has caught someone's attention." Colleen whispered in Elena's ear.

"Not sure if that would be enough." Elena confessed. She was emarrased about how she may have look in front of her, daydreaming about being in his arms.

"Not really my type at all." The petite girl said without paying so much attention.

"How not? Elena asked unable to get her eyes off him. 

Colleen shrugged. "The guy that's with him, his name is Seth. He can get whatever you want. With something in retun, of course. He's cool."

"What about Harry? Do you know his story? Wait, how do you know him? You just got here and I know they're new." Elena said confused.

"We met since a very long time. We came here together among other people. And he holds on pretty tight to his misterious attitude. He could be a troubled dude and you'd never know."

"But you told me you know him since a long time. How can that be possible? I'm not stranger to troubles though." As soon as the last word came out of Elena's mouth, she wished she hadn't said them. That will only bring question from Colleen that she didn't know if would be able to answer.

Elena took one last look at Harry. He took off his dark sunglasses and turned to looked at her. His gaze was caught by hers, his emerald eyes widened but quickly narrowed in what seemed like surprised, but it was more than that. Her heart stopped beating for what it seemed like minutes, she recognized him from somewhere. But she would have remembered him. Harry wasn't someone who you would forget about.

They were still locking eyes when Harry flashed her a charming smile, making her blushing and look for something to hold on to because she felt like her legs wouldn't resist. She was surprised when she found herself smiling back at him, but then he raised his hand in the air and flipped her off. She gasped and widened in shock.

"What happened?" Colleen asked worried, she came near her and hold her arm to help her.

"Nothing. We probably should keep going. Don't you want to see the rest? Hold on, what time is it?"

"Almost 9:30 am, why?"

"The bell is going to ring soon. We have another class."

The bell rang seconds later Elena talked. The crowed of students started walking into the building to go to their classes. Colleen poking Elena's arm telling her that they must come back again to the gardens since she didn't have the chance to do anything. But Elena was still shocked about being flipped off by the misterious hot guy. After her delirium, it hit her; what was his fucking problem? Why did he flip her off?

Just before she entered the building, she took a glimpse behind her. His face was puzzled, but there was no doubt, he was watching her go.

(This fanfic is half based, not entirely, on the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I did get most of my inspiration from there, so there are parts that are similar yet it's different in someways :) Please vote and tell your friends about this! It'll mean a lot.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 728 52
Via was too blinded by, supposed, true love to realise what she went through wasn't right. But she finally finds someone who she whole heartedly trus...
9.5K 531 25
Harry meets Kacey Day, an actress living in London and they begin an intense reationship. Will she survive when an encounter with a fan goes horrib...
3.9K 105 48
He’s cocky, but sweet. He’s dangerous, but secure. Something is drawing me to him, but something is warning me to stay away. He seems like a norma...
33.3K 919 55
It was that one moment, as no one dared to look at him, that she looked. And he wasn't normal. But he loved her. ~ A.N. One Direction fanfic, mainly...