Born for Royalty

Von XxNixonxX

He was a prince. She was a guard. When Isandra's past catches up with her, her job of protecting the royals g... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thrity-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Get out the Alcohol
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part One)
Chapter Forty-Seven (Part 2)
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
Born for Loyalty
Born For Loyalty ~ Chapter One

Chapter Fifty-four

26.1K 1.1K 182
Von XxNixonxX

Sorry about the previous mistake in the chapter confusing Nik and Jax lol, fixed it! SORRY I FUCKED UP (please still love me) ((even tho late upd4t3))

I narrowed my eyes at Daniel at the same time, trying not to smile, "Stop joking!" I whispered back. This was a serious situation and I was ten seconds away from laughing. Daniel's brown eye winked as he chuckled looking back at the others, "Nothing wrong with a bit of fun."

"Nothing wrong with them hanging my neck either." I sighed. I nearly winced when I felt something touch my wrist, before his hand enveloped mine, giving it a tight reassuring squeeze. 

"Nothing is going to happen to that neck of yours." 

I turned to look at him, it wasn't like he could stop that. His eyes were facing away form me but I could see the small frown that tinted his lips that reflected across his face. Even if I looked at his face all day there was always a small thing i noticed that was different.

One thing was for sure. He wasn't the same person I knew two years ago, he was better. Knowing that I slipped my hand out of his tight grip, and crossed my arms. I couldn't let myself feel things again, not when my life was on the line again. 

I was selfish, I didn't want to feel the pain again when something you finally got was pulled away from you. I could feel Daniel's confusion as he stared at me. Was it cold in here?

I forced my brain to listen to the elders speak instead of feeling his eyes on me, making my stomach flip. Trying to ignore the strange feeling at the back of my throat. 

"And what gives you the right to come back after all these years claiming the throne is yours? It's mine!"

"Not legally."

"Prove it."

"Silence in the court!" The large gavel down, the sound resounding the half empty room. It almost echoed in my ears as a taunt, the same gavel that would probably slam down calling me guilty. Even if he wasn't the king to be he was still part of the royal family. 

And who was I, just someone living in the shadows of her parents. How could someone be born into such a life. 

All the lives I had taken flashed before me, all the crimes I committed in the name of 'protecting my country'. But the others were doing the same for theirs, so who really was right. What other outcome could be for a killer?

I almost smiled, that's how fucked up I was inside, I almost smiled at my faith that we all knew.

"Does the defendant have anything to say?"

I stared blankly before realising that it was me they were talking.

"You can't give that rat a chance to speak!"

Oh thanks king. I nearly rolled my eyes. But I had nothing to say, no apology would be greater enough and no tear would have enough wait. So I shook my head feeling the heaviness in my heart.

"The court will resume tomorrow, twenty four hours to make a decision."

Fuck. That did not sound good.

Daniel turned to face me as people started standing up and walking out, the members to the court room and the others to god knows where.

"What?" I asked as he stared at me, my shield coming back up. You can't let him see you weak, not him of all people. But why was that? Why did you always never want those you cared about to see you so vulnerable. 

"The outcome was good."

"Is it?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, I think." he frowned and then looked around, "We just need to keep you alive for the next twenty-four hours."

I looked at him confused, "Do you really think the king would play clean?" he questioned me.

He had a point, the man was dirtier than the water outside sitting in the puddles. I frowned, "I'm not hiding." I had some dignity left. I would rather die than be known as a coward. Maybe that was my problem, not knowing when to accept it was okay to be scared. But I couldn't call this being scared in my books.

Isandra doesn't get scared. She gets equal. I looked across the room meeting the eyes of the King who was no doubt shooting bullets at me with his eyes. I get even.

If it was up to me I would grab the nearest gun of the guards and put the bullet right between his head, but would violence solve this situation? And probably killing someone in the court in front of the members wouldn't do me well either. 

Probably.

"Let's go."

"Where?" 

"I know a place."

* * * 

I stepped inside the hotel room looking around, it was small, but clean. As long as there weren't bed bugs I was ok to stay in this dingy looking creepy motel they brought me too. I turned around staring at the boys deep in discussion.

"So...here?"

"Just for the next twenty-four hours." Eden said looking up.

"We'll be in the room next door." he said before dragging Daniel out with him leaving me along in the empty room.

I felt a small chill from the air coming through the windows. I walked over to close it, looking out into the dark night, it was almost dead outside.  I couldn't even spot a street light, the closest one was at least two hundred metres away. 

The only 'scenery' there was, if you could even call it that, were the thick woods filled with evergreen trees. And for some reason I would have rather been sleeping with the wolves in the forest than these four walls. These walls didn't feel safe. 

Before I could let the paranoia get to me I shut the window closing the curtains to any prying eyes. There were clothes waiting for me on the bed with a towel. I almost didn't want to know how they knew my size so perfectly. I walked into the attached bathroom, more than happy to get out of these dirty clothes.

I let the scalding water wash off every dirt, grime and guilt I had been carrying with me. It burned, but the twisted part of me liked it. I got out of the shower when my fingers started to prune and I was feeling faint from the heat quickly dressing. It was icy cold outside of the warm water.

Slipping into the bed, the sheets were soft but cold. I zipped up my jumper slipping between the blankets to keep warm. The soft sounds from outside were slowly putting me to sleep. I wanted to be alert, but my eyes and brain had another idea. Not having something so soft or warm made my eyes immediately shut letting the darkness envelope me. 

But it wasn't long before I heard something creek. My eyes flew open, my heart skipping a beat. A small light as the door opened and I remained as still as I could. Shit I had no gun. I held my breathe as the door closed and the silhouette disappeared into the darkness of the room. I stayed silent listening to the step, one, two, three, four. I knew the intruder was only two steps away from the bed. 

Grabbing the pillow I sat up quickly shoving it against the intruder, catching them off guard. Before I could wrap my arms around their throat, they grabbed my wrist instead, "It's me god damn it." before they fell backwards dragging me off the bed, my legs tangling in the sheets making something crack as I landed on top of a firm body, a groan following shortly.

"Fuck."

"Idiot." I muttered trying to sit upright before the bones in my cracked again, "How did you get in?"

I felt warmth under my arms as I pushed off his chest, off him. He wasn't wearing a shirt.

"I had a key." he said in an 'obviously' voice.

"Idiot." I muttered again sitting up and untangling myself. I sighed sitting on the ground getting my heart to beat normal again. The adrenaline in my body still racing.

"Sorry."

"What are you doing here?" I stood up straightening up, even in the dark I could almost see his sheepish look. I fixed the bedding as he sat on the ground for a few moments before getting up. 

I sat on the mattress looking up at him, "I couldn't sleep." 

"So you ruin the one time I could?"

"Sorry. You sleep. I'll keep watch."

I stared at him, or what I could make of him as he stood over me. Really? Would I really sleep  now?

He pulled the blankets down, "Get in."

Sighing I got into the bed, tired, and felt the blanket cover me. "You're just going to watch me sleep?"

"Well yeah, you should know I'm a creep by now Sandy." I could see his smile. I shook my head turning around. It wasn't long before I felt the dip and my eyes opened.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Keeping watch."

"You can do that without getting into my bed."

"But Sandy, it's cold."

"Maybe put a shirt on." he of course ignored that slipping into the bed. He propped up a pillow leaning against the bed rest, and I didn't bother to point out that his chest was not covered by the blanket, so he was still cold.

"Want me to sign you a lullaby?"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

7.9K 565 25
The last thing Kyla wanted was a bodyguard following her around. But she was the princess and her father gave her no choice. He just wants her safe...
8.7K 377 16
Olivia's next in line for the throne - but it's wanted by somebody else by the name of General William. He's out looking for her, dead or alive. Whic...
1.3K 83 9
❝She was the heiress, he was the guard. She was the diamond, he was the char.❞ The Song Family heiress, a forbidden fruit-no one's supposed to touch...