Runaway Dad (Under Revision)

بواسطة heiressywrites

Kent Verano and Gabriella Montanes made a mistake at a young age. Kent will be a runaway dad not just with on... المزيد

Synopsis
ONT 1
ONT 2
ONS 3
ONS 4
ONS 5
ONT 6 (CHARACTERS)
ONS 7
ONS 8
ONS 9
ONS 10
ONS 11
ONS 12
ONS 13
ONS 14
ONS 15
ONS 16
ONS 17
ONS 18
ONS 19
ONS 20
ONS 21
ONS 22
ONS 24
ONS 25
ONS 26
ONS 27
ONS 28
ONS 29
ONS 30
ONS 31
ONS 32
ONS 33
ONS 34
ONS 35
ONS 36
ONS 37
ONS 38
ONS The Wedding
ONS 39
ONS 40

ONS 23

4.2K 98 6
بواسطة heiressywrites

G A B R I E L L A

"Ouch!" I cursed at myself when I burned my finger "Shit!" I quickly put my hands in the cold water.

Ang hirap naman!

I am alone in my condo unit, cooking. The stove was different on what I had in US kaya nanibago ako sa pagluluto. I'm on my way home when I decided to take groceries kasi wala na akong stock sa bahay.

Maverick is in California, where he is scheduled to meet with Kuya for a business meeting. I, on the other hand, am unable to accompany him due to my busy schedule. I was invited into some companies, especially showbiz agencies, to look after the wardrobes of some of their actors and actresses. I wasn't expecting any of the offers, but I was grateful that my work was exposed to them and the general public.

My condo unit door beeped, meaning that my visitors came. I can already hear their noises.

"Where are you Gab?!" Frances asked.

"Here in the kitchen!"

"Oh my god! What happened?!" Frances immediately went up to me when she saw my hand and checked my fingers "Were you burned?!"

I nodded "Oo, it was just a mild one but hella painful."

"Hay, di ka talaga mabubuhay ng wala si Maverick." Miley rolled her eyes while bringing the emergency kit.

"Kami na, tabi!" Riley pushed us away from the stove and sink.

Natatawa naman si Mark habang napapailing "Nagpa take out nalang sana tayo."

I pouted "I'm trying."

"Shh! Shh! Tama na nga, aawayin niyo nanaman si Gabby." Frances, holding my hand pouted back at me and we giggled.

Sila na ang nag patuloy mag luto ng dinner. I prepared mashed potatoes, baked macaroni and fried chicken. Mark still ordered pizza since they were planning to stay in my place.

While dining, we swapped stories and updates about our lives. Our older cousins have started families of their own, and we were the only ones who were not yet married and could still relate to each other.

The whole dinner was filled with laughter and throwbacks, nagging maingay na naman ang condo unit ko and it was better than being alone.

"Ah nga pala! I brought my laptop with me, kasi may ipapakita ako sayo." Mark said as we were gathered in my living room.

He opened his laptop and a few clicks until he showed a picture of me, of us, of Kent which I could hardly remember.

"When was this photo taken?" I asked, and got the laptop.

"You can't remember it, pero it happened nang umuwi ka sa Pilipinas ng summer break." Frances said "It was difficult for us to tell you stories because you often have headaches kapag pinipilit mong alalahanin ang mga alaala na nawala sayo, and we thought na it's okay now since you are stable enough and it was freakin ten years ago, I think."

"So, me and Kent really met each other? And I just can't remember him?" I asked, and looked at a picture of us in the zip line.

"Yeah. Sinabi ko na iyon sayo when we were in France but I hesitated to tell since it might be shocking or crucial for you and devastating at the same time." Frances said.

"You two were cute back then." Riley said "Nagpa iwan ka pa nga sa San Agustin."

I furrowed my brow "I did?!"

They all nodded "Hindi nga namin alam kung si tito ba ang dahilan ng pagpa iwan mo, o si Kent."

I am so confused.

"I can remember that I hated dad so much at that time. So bakit ako mag papaiwan?"

Miley laughed "Kasi nga si Kent!"

I shook my head "No way."

They were all laughing at me "I know this sounds unfair kasi you have Maverick right now, but I think you did have a great memory with Kent when you were in San Agustin. Kasi when you went back to Manila, you were filled with anger again with your dad, but at the same time you were happy. You were so good at hiding things from us, pero hindi mo maitago ang saya hanggang sa bumalik ka ng France. Kahit di mo sabihin sa amin ni Frances, we know you and Kent had something we didn't know." Miley said.

I looked at the photo "So I had..a great memory of him."

We were smiling at each other in one photo, where we are sitting on a bench. It was like we were talking about something.

"Anyway! Hindi naman namin pinagpipilitan na alalahanin mo lahat ng memory mo kay Kent. We just wanted to tell you and share with you these photos kasi we were hoping that it will help you gain your memory back."

I smiled "Thanks." Ibinalik ko kay Mark and laptop. They chose a movie to watch while I am thinking about the photo again.

I was happy. I may not remember what happened, but there's this feeling that I was happy when I met him.

But it was so hard to regain memories that were buried already, a long time ago.

I saw dad, angrily looking at me. He was surrounded by his men.

"Dad?" I said, but he stood up and smacked my face until I fell on the floor.

"EMOND!! TAMA NA!" That was my nanay Helen's voice.

"Wag mo akong pakialaman manang!" Dad shouted, as I was crying. His eyes were burning, he's looking at me like he's gonna kill me.

"Kung hindi ko gagawin sayo ito ay alam kong hindi ka mag tatanda! Wala ka sa puder ko nang lumaki ka kaya alam ko na matigas ang ulo mo."

"Is this all that you've got?" Why am I saying this?

"How dare you say you don't know me while I am away when in fact you were the one who threw me there! FOR WHAT?!"

"At talagang sasagot ka pa!"

The scene changed and I was in the room. As I woke up, I saw kuya William's face.

"Kuya, I love Kent. I do love him kuya."

"Wag ka ng umiyak.." He's frustrated.

"Kuya, si daddy, ayaw kay Kent.."

"Kung ano yung pinagdadaanan mo ngayon, pinagdaanan ko din dati." He said, and looked down. "You and Kent have been love birds since you two were little. I saw that and up to this day I know that your friendship is stronger than anyone else."

"We're more than friends."

"Yes, but is it too soon to be together? You have a life in France, so is he here. You both can love each other while away, but you can't stay here because of him. Ayokong iwanan ka rito Gabriella."

"Kuya..."

"Gabriella!"

I gasped for air as I opened my eyes. Miley, Frances, Mark and Riley surround me. Napaupo ako at napahawak sa leeg, pinagpapawisan ako.

"Nananaginip ka." Miley said and offered me a glass of water "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, my head aches, a little."

I lay down while they were waiting for me to calm. I was just looking at the ceiling, remembering what scenes I had in mind.

"Do you remember anything?" Frances asked, in her low voice.

"Kinda."

I told them all that had happened, as well as what I had seen in my dream. I didn't believe it was a dream because I felt it was true. I asked Miley if she knew someone who could help me find a psychologist.

I rejected Kirstine's offer to see one because I don't need it and, besides, I'm done with the past. Para saan pa?

But when I saw this real scenario in my head, I felt like I needed to do something to regain it.

"Why? Do you want to see one?" She asked and I nodded my head "But don't tell it to Mav. I'll be the one to tell him."

"Sige, I'll recommend you to my friend. She might help you."

We went back to watch the movie, but I kept on thinking about it. It was different from what I had expected when I saw the photo.

***

M A V E R I C K

FIRST TIME POV

As soon as I landed in California, I went to find the girl named Lisa. I asked Kent if he still remembered their wedding coordinator, and he gave me her information. Wala naman talaga akong business meeting with kuya William with our partners, sadyang gusto ko lang malaman ang side niya about Gabriella's case.

I entered the boutique Kent told me in the paper with its picture. It was actually an upgraded establishment, compared to the picture Kent gave me. I was kinda amazed since he has these kinds of photos. I can tell, he's literally a memory keeper during those times.

"Good morning!" A white woman greeted me with a smile.

"Hi, I just want to ask if Lisa Montalban is still working here?"

"Oh! Lisa!" She smiled "She's on her maternity leave right now. May I know why?"

I told her the situation and kindly asked for Lisa's address. Siguro na sense niya naman na hindi ako harmful, kaya ibinigay niya. She even called Lisa beforehand. I took a taxi and gave the address to the driver. It was a twenty minute drive until I got to their house.

I knocked on the door, and saw Lisa exactly the same woman in the picture, carrying a baby.

"Hi. You must be a Maverick?"

I nodded and smiled "Yes. I am Gabriella's fiance."

She smiled "Kent called me this morning. Tara pasok."

Her house was clean, and neat. I was expecting na makalat since I can hear giggles of kids upstairs. Pinaupo niya ako sa living room, at tinawag ang isang nanny na kumuha sa baby na hawak niya. She went somewhere and went back bringing something.

"Sorry for the inconvenience." I said.

"Oh no no, not at all." She smiled and gave me a glass of juice and muffins.

Nakaupo siya sa harap ko "So, what do you want to know?"

Straightforward.

"Perhaps, Kent called you and explained the situation?"

She nodded "Yes." She clasped her hands "Sorry ha, it was just shocking for me to know what happened about Gabriella. I mean, that girl was amazing."

I can tell, in her face, that she is concerned.

"She's okay now." I bowed down "Did they really have a wedding?"

Tumango siya ulit "They are, indeed. It was perfectly lawful. It was Gabriella's birthday, I recall. He planned her wedding the moment she turned eighteen. A preacher officiated the wedding, and the legalization of the documents went through legal procedures. My credentials are shown below." She gave me an envelope and I scanned it.

"You might think that Kent told me to say these things to you but no, ako din ang malalagot kapag nagkataon. Besides, labas ako sa kung anong problema mayroon kayo."

I nodded and gave her the envelope back "Thank you."

"Sure, no problem. He was desperate back then. I have heard his background and it was pretty overwhelming. Hindi ko nga alam kung paano makayanan ang lahat knowing that it was hindi madali ang sitwasyon niya. When I've heard from him that he became a runaway dad, naisip ko bigla yung mga bata." She sigh "Oh! Noong binyag ng triplets, we were invited but we didn't come due to some important event at that time."

Hindi na din ako nag tagal kaya nag paalam nako. I gave my thank you and went to kuya William's house. I was greeted by Anthasia and his siblings.

"Tito Mavi!"

I gave them my pasalubongs which I bought in the airport "Hi kids."

"Maverick! What brought you here?!" Ate Natasha went up to me for a hug "Were you with Gab?"

"Ah no ate." I hugged her back "I'm here for kuya William." I said.

"Oh, may business ka dito?"

I shook my head "No, for personal reasons. About Gab."

Her expression changed and smile "Okay."

Mamaya pa raw na gabi darating si kuya William kaya pinagpahinga muna nila ako. I joined them in lunch and catch up things. After, ate Natasha invited me for a tea.

"I hope you don't mind... but.. what is it that you want to ask about Gab?"

Nagkatitigan muna kami saglit, binabasa ang ekspresyon ng bawat isa. She looked sad, and I don't know if I'm going to tell her or not.

"Was it about Kent and the kids?" She asked.

So, she knew.

I nodded and sipped my tea "Yes. So you knew."

Nanahimik siya sandali at narinig ko ang buntong hiningan niya "I know this will happen." She said "May mga bagay talaga na hindi maitatago habang buhay." She bitterly smiled.

"I'm sorry for hiding it from you. It was William's order to not say anything about it."

I nodded "Right, it should've been kept forever."

Nagkaroon ulit ng katahimikan sa aming dalawa "It was unforgivable. I have seen the kids grew up so well. I saw how Kent worked hard to provide for their children."

"Were you aware of it from the very beginning?" I asked.

She shook her head "No. Nalaman ko lang nang umalis na si Kent. It was William's plan all along, together with Armina."

Hindi na ako nabigla kung alam ni ate Armina ang lahat. Dahil may mga sitwasyon din na pinagtagpi-tagpi ko ang lahat.

"I was with Gabriella before the accident happened. We were given a week, a mommy's day out. She had a mother's instinct that something wasn't right. It kept bothering her. Hanggang sa umuwi kami ng wala sa plano, she found out everything and decided to follow them, but... the accident happened."

I was just looking at the trees in front of us while listening to her. Imagining Gabriella at the age of eighteen, betrayed, miserable and hurt. I felt like crying.

"Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit nakalimutan niya lahat. It was like God was letting her not feel pain anymore. If I were in her shoes, and remember everything, I'd be in pain..so much pain." She said and sniffed.

I sigh "She is still in pain. All these years, it kept bothering her. From the beginning I met her, she said she was incomplete and she doesn't even know why. This is why."

After our conversation, she went with the kids for their daily pony ride. I was left in their house. I roamed around their garden when I saw kuya William.

"Maverick, you're here." Smiling widely, as we hugged.

"Kuya." I said, "I came here personally."

"Why?" He looked at me excitedly "Were you marrying my sister? Will you ask for my blessing?"

I shook my head "I hope so but no. I came here to know the truth."

His expression changed "What truth?"

"About Gabriella's state, and Kent and their kids."

He looked around and led me to his office. He's wearing his worried look of frustration, which I understand.

"When did you know? Did Kent tell you?"

His behavior abruptly altered, leading me to believe that what Kent showed and told me was true.

"I found out myself."

"Tsk, it can't be." He said, walking back and forth in his place.

"I really did. And before you say anything, I just want you to know that I will fight for your sister and I will never ever let her go."

I could see the gladness in his face when I said that.

"What are we waiting for?! Marrying her is the best way to have her!"

I shook my head "I just want to know everything first."

He sat down in his swivel chair "I want the best for Gabriella. She was a minor when he got her pregnant! Who would like that? I hid it from our family because that's the best thing to do. Ayokong mabahisan ng dumi ang pangalan namin. As much as I want to make her abort those babies, she doesn't. So I helped Kent, I let him come here to support Gabriella. I helped them with all my might, but he betrayed my sister. He asked for money and told me he will run away with the kids without Gabriella. Sa una ayaw kong pumayag! I could support them! Pero mukhang pera talaga, hindi na nahiya. After all that I've done to help him, to let him work in my business, trained him, he'll just ask for money and want to get away."

I've heard enough.

"Are you telling me the truth?" I asked.

"Of course! You know me better than him! I love Gabriella so much to the point that I'd do anything for my sister!"

Yes he did. He adores his sister to the point that he's gone to great lengths to protect her, oblivious to the fact that what he's done is terrible and unfair to her. His tone, exaggeration, and facial expression all say it all.

"Do you know why I can't marry her?"

His brow furrowed "What are you saying?"

"Gabriella and Kent were married. They were married secretly, hidden from you, hidden from anyone. Their marriage was legal and Gabriella couldn't even remember it. You talk so much you don't even know what happened."

I left him there after his face shifted once more. I looked around, grabbed my belongings, and left the house. I didn't say anything.

***

"Babeeee!"

She was dressed in her pajamas and a hoodie. Her hair is pulled back into a bun, she isn't wearing any makeup, and she is wearing only her adidas slippers.

She is indeed cute while picking me up at the airport. I hugged her as soon as she's hooked on me. We kissed on the lips "Hi babe."

"I've missed you so much!" She said as she clung in my arms.

"Ano ba, it was just two days."

"Kuya told me you had fun there!"

I nodded, "Of course."

She's singing in the car as I drive to our condo. We stopped at McDonald's for a quick bite to eat. I couldn't help but stare at her from time to time because she was so excited.

How would I let go of this precious woman?

How could I give her back?

"If they were married, one thing to do is to kill him."

"Trust me! I'll be the one to do it! Just.. just don't give up on her!"

***

K E N T

"Good morning Sir."

I nodded and offered her the seat in front of me "Have a seat please."

"Introduce yourself."

"I am Shane Balmoral, twenty six years old."

I scanned her documents and looked at her credentials "You graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics."

"Yes Sir. I recently received my certificate. Actually, I am a nurse, but I want to broaden my knowledge in a variety of areas, which is why I opted to retrain as a nutritionist."

I nodded, "That's good."

I saw that she had an internship in our hospital. "Perhaps you knew the boss in Vermont Hospital?"

She smiled "Ah, yes Sir, definitely."

"I am the father of four children, as you are aware. The eldest, Dylan, is the one who is sick. He was recently released from the hospital due to his health. We intended to hire a nurse and a dietitian at the same time to keep an eye on him. His physician will advise you of the dos and don'ts as well as other information.."

"Wait Sir, I'm hired?"

I nodded "Yes, you may begin the following week. Regarding your income, benefits, and other legal problems, please coordinate with my secretary."

"Thank you! Thank you po!" I smiled and Hens went to her saka sila umalis.

This week has been normal. Finn is loving his new school, while Callie and Rylan were with their kuya Dylan, who is finishing off his last week with his classmates before switching to homeschooling.

I'll be the one to pick them up from school later since wala pa akong naha-hire na new yaya for them. Hindi ko nga alam kung saan ko nakukuha ang oras dahil namamanage ko lahat pati ang mga bata this past few weeks, I am accountable for what happened to Dylan, at ayoko nang maulit iyon.

"Kent may bisita ka." Hens said and opened the door of my office, there I saw Armina.

I stood up and looked at her sternly "What brought you here?"

"Kent." She called out.

"Have a seat." I offered.

"No, thank you." She said and stopped in front of me. The only thing that is separating us is my office table.

"Sorry if I didn't book an appointment to meet you. It was just so sudden to receive a message saying you told Maverick about Gabriella and the kids."

I smiled "No, I didn't. He found out for himself."

She smirked "Pwede ba? Tama na. You are doing this to ruin her life again! Kent ano ba! Let her have a peaceful life!"

My head hit the roof "Do you know what you're saying?"

"Kent ano ba! Wag mo na akong paikut-ikotin dito! Una ang lupa! Ngayon naman si Gabriella?! Do you really want us to hate you this much?! Do you really have to do this? Gabriella is happy right now! You're ruining it again! You ruined her life before, and we will not let it happen again!"

My hand formed a fist yet I found myself controlling my anger "Armina." She does not deserve my informality right now.

"I do not want to hear any of your reasons! You plan it all along have you? The moment she went here, sunod-sunod na ang problema! You even threatened my brother?! You even told the truth to Maverick?! Imposibleng hindi mo planado."

"Armina."

She stopped me from saying anything "What's more, guess what? I had a feeling you'd be like this. I've known since the beginning that you have something in you that will make our lives a living hell, and it's now happening.. You --."

"Do you really know what you're saying? She chose to be a mom, she chose to have that mess with me! And what you're talking about is our children! Mga pamangkin mo! Ninyo! For God's sake! Wala na bang awa jan sa puso niyo na pinagkakaitan niyong magkaroon ng nanay ang mga anak ko?! Do you think they deserve it?! No! Kung hindi kayo nagplano na paalisin ako, na palayasin ako, na iwan ko si Gabriella kasama ang mga anak ko, this will not happen!"

Her expression changed.

"Hindi mo ba alam kung ano ang dinanas ko ng wala siya? Hindi lang si Gabriella ang agrabayado dito! Kundi kaming dalawa at ang mga anak namin! Do you think I'll let her be sad?! No! As much as I wanted her to be ours, we can't! Wala na bang pagmamahal sa puso mo?! Wala na bang awa jan para sabihing sinisira ko nanaman ang buhay ng kapatid mo?! What if this is meant to happen? What if all the Gods are with me, for Gabriella, for our kids to meet and be together again?"

"You created this mess!"

"I did! With her! We chose to have the mess you're saying! Pero heto ang tandaan niyo, hindi magpakailanman naging malas sa buhay ko ang mga anak ko! They are the best thing that happened to me, to us! To gabriella! Pero ipinagkait niyo sa kanya ang saya na iyon! She had an accident because of you, and William! Hindi ko hinangad na magkaroon siya ng amnesia! Now look at yourself, telling me I planned this all along?! Really?! Only God knows the truth!"

"Daddy!" A shout that stopped me from talking and I saw Finn crying and running towards me "Daddy, stop."

I was so shocked to see him. Agad ko siyang kinarga nang makalapit "Son, why are you here? Why..." A tear fell down from my eyes and immediately wiped it away.

Armina stood there, looking down, and wiping her tears.

"Daddy, please. Let's go." Finn said and tightened the hug.

"Okay." I said and walked towards the door but I stopped when I heard my son say "Please don't hurt my dad. Please give our mom back. Please don't ruin our family." between his sobs.

I sigh and walk away from my office.

To be continued...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.5M 58.5K 59
WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT SUITABLE FOR READERS BELOW 16/ NARROW MINDED PEOPLE/ HOMOPHOBICS/ BIGOTS. THIS IS A TRANSGENDER WOMAN X STRAIGHT MAN STOR...
46.3M 1.4M 55
Blake Vitale was a mess. Alam niyang para siyang bomba na malapit nang sumabog. He can even hear the ticking of the clock in his head, the time bomb...
68K 1.1K 57
Ayara Terrise Monterio a fresh graduate, trying to find herself in the world of filming. Not knowing that following her dreams will lead her to the p...
15.2M 587K 48
(Game Series # 5) Lyana Isobel Laurel never wanted complication. She never dreamed of marrying into a wealthy family-a family that's way out of her l...