The Other Side.

By AbbyTheAmazing

Sometimes the side chick is better. More

1. Him
2. Max, the business man
3. Us
4. Work as usual
5. Apologies
6. Padre e Hijos
7. How it started (part one)
8. How it started (part two)
9. How it started (part three)
10. Javier
11. Welcome home Olivia
12. Advice from the wise
13. Michael
14. Conflicted
15. A mother's words
16. Olivia, the shopaholic
17. To the rescue
18. Take it slow
19. The living room
20. Olivia's Conundrum
21. Skeleton Left in the Closet
?
22. A little background
23. Making a friend
24. Starting off on the wrong foot
??
!
25. Can't help Myself
26. What's really going on?
27. Truth be told
28. Who could it be?
29. Not good enough
30. Wait a minute..
31. Watch your mouth
32. Let her go
33. Only if you want to
34. You're tired?
35. Don't call her phone
36. A fire ignited
38. A short visit
38. A listening ear
39. Destination arrived
40. Calling a lifeline
41. Pity party for one
42. The mother, the son, and the Devil himself
!
43. Decisions, decisions
Let's play a game
44. The straw that broke Michael's back
45. Can't drink it away.
46. Pre-wedding jitters
not an update ☹
47. Pre Wedding Jitters (p.2)
Hey!
48. Sneak peek... Times ticking
49. The wedding
πŸ‘€
51. The Unthinkable
Im back!

37. Can't fight the fire

29.5K 1.6K 689
By AbbyTheAmazing

Can you guys show this story some love?

So you know how I said I might be doing a Keith Powers story? Well I've got three ideas for it and I've got all three started but I don't know which one I want to put up.

I'm trying to update more but my wild ass boyfriend fractured his shin at work, so I've been playing nurse and dealing with his needy ass. *rolls eyes* so please bare with me.

On with the story...

(Sorry for any mistakes.)
---

Third person...

"Here are your keys. Thank you for letting me be apart of your home buying experience."

"No, thank you!"

It was final.

Tahny's dream house was now in her name. She paid $1,500 down payment to let April know she was serious she was. After signing the dotted like and filling in her initials in the appropriate boxes, 16 Brookstone Street was hers.

Tahny ran out of April's office with the house keys dangling in hand. "I'm so excited!" She hugged the crisp manila folder that contained everything she needed to know about her new home.

"I'm excited for you." Michael said with a smile as he watched Tahny dance around. She ran into his arms and he lifted her up with a spin.

"I can't wait to move all my stuff in and unpack! I have to call Hayden- no I gotta call my mom first! Ugh- this is so overwhelming." She leaned against their rental car and pushed back her wild curls from her eyes.

Michael stood there trying to force a smile on his face.

"Baby? You okay?" She put the papers in the back seat and took a hold of his hands.

"Yeah I'm good. I'm happy for you baby."

She wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed his chest. "You're not very good at lying." He chuckled softly. "I'm not. I'm fine. This is all about you, don't make this moment about me." He massaged her lower back as he kissed her lips.

Tahny brushed off it off for now to keto the energy between them positive. She wrapped her arms around his neck and played with the fine hairs that laid over it.

"Now that the house is mine and that part is over with... We have a whole four day weekend together. My parents are super busy till Monday and my brothers can't hang out with me til Sunday. So what do you wanna do until then?"

He smirked. "I know a couple things I wanna do."

She smiled back. "Slow, remember?"

"Tuh! You say til you get ta playin with my dick again."

"I don't know what in the world you're talking about. I would never do such a thing."

"I hate you so much." He groaned out. "Ooo say that again but put your hand on my throat this time." Tahny grabbed his hand and put it on her neck. Michael gave it a squeeze as he bit his lip. "Mhm just like that." She said in a moan.

Out of his peripheral view he saw a group of strangers walk buy. He let go of his grip so they wouldn't think something was up. He kissed her lips softly. "I'm not about to play with you NaTahny. That's how shit gets started. These white people gone come over her thinking I'm trynna rob you or something." He opened up the passenger side door to the vet and playfully pushed her in.

"Maybe I want you to rob. Tie me hands behind my back? Ruff me up a little?"

He shook his head and wiped a hand down his face. "Get in the car nasty." He closed the door.

Breathe in, breathe out. Michael thought as he walked slowly to the driver's side. "God? what is this girl doing to me?"

They took the thirty minute trip back to the hotel to rest as they made further plans for the day. After a short FaceTime call with Hayden and the babies the couple settled on driving around the city and going where ever the wind takes them.

Michael was no stranger to DC. His family traveled a lot when he was younger. He'd even visited all fifty states in a spand of two years. His father often came here for business purposes and Michael tagged a long sometimes. So Tahny wasn't gonna bore him with a Hawaiian shirt, khaki shirts, cookout sandals, tourist trip. Since it was her home town he'd come up with the idea to let her take him to all her favorite places in the great capital.

"Baby are you ready?!" He shouted from the bed as Tahny took her precious time in the bathroom. He flipped through the TV channels hoping to find something good to watch.

"Animal planet? Nope. Discover Channel? A definite no." Tahny walked out the bathroom as she tighten the towel around her body before bending over until her suitcase fit an outfit. "Tahny? Yes."

Michael threw the remote down. "We ain't gotta go nowhere." He hopped off the bed to pick her up. "Michael!" She giggled out as he tossed her on the bed. He was in the midst of taking his shirt off when Tahny caught the the bright red glow from the TV in the corner of her eye. She looked over to see the news broadcasting live footage from a wild fire. The title in the red banner at the bottom read "mysterious fire starts in California."

"Baby look." She grabbed the remote and turned the volume up.

"... you're absolutely right Vivian, it's a horrible sight to see. It's been two hours since a witness called Los Angeles police around 4 PM about a large fire coming from one of these luxury homes. We are just now able to get this out to the public because this fire was is so bad we couldn't get a crew out to view it. I spoke to the Chief of the LAFD a second ago and he says this fire spread to fast before they could keep it from spreading. For those of you who are wondering where this is, this fire is taking place in a very popular neighborhood in Beverly Hills. It's home to hundred of celebrities and very important people here in the great state. Firefighters say more than eight homes have been affected by this fire. More than five homes on Lakemont drive have no sign of recovery. Residents can be seen crying at the sight courtesy of our helicopter crew. Eleven people have been reportedly hurt in the fire. Most of them are suffering third degree burns."

Tahny crawled to the end of the bed as the camera showed the fire engulfing her home.

"No no no no no." Her phone rang on the nightstand and she quickly answered it. "H-hello."

"Thank God you answered. It's Max, Are you okay? I-I'm uh, I'm watching watching the news. I was calling to make sure you and Javier were okay."

Tahny wiped her face. "I'm fine. Javier is in Echo Park with Hayden. I gotta call her." Michael got behind her and held her in his arms

"Well I was just making sure you two were okay."

There was a silence between. This was the first time that had spoken since the argument

"Thank you... I appreciate that."

"You're welcome. If you need to talk I'm here fo-"

Tahny hung up quickly and put her face in her free hand. She didn't need his shoulder to cry, especially not know. His attempt at comfort wasn't working, but the thought counted.

All of Javi's things were gone. All the pictures she took, all his important papers, everything she owned was gone. Her phone rang again interrupting her thoughts. This time it was a call coming from Hayden.

"Teddy did you see the news?!"

"Yeah I'm watching it now." She pushed her hair from her face trying to keep it together. "Are you guys okay?"

Hayden had offered to finish packing the rest of Tahny's stuff while she was away.

"Yeah. I was actually on my way over there when the girls from the store started blowing up my phone about the fire."

Tahny sighed in relief. "What's Javi doing?"

"I put him and Jasmine down for a nap so I could freak out in peace. I didn't want them to see me wigging out."

Weight off her shoulders began to rise.

"If you guys would've been in the house when the fire started..."

"Relax T, we're okay. Tell Michael Jasmine is okay too. Most of that stuff in the house is replaceable. Just relax okay?"

"I will."

"Alright, imma let you go. I got some calls to make. I love you sissy."

"I love you more. Kiss the babies for me." They both hung.

Tahny fell back into Michael's chest with a heavy heart. "Jasmine and Javi are okay, Hayden hadn't made it to the house yet."

He kissed the side of her face. "Good." He let our a breath of relief. "Are you okay though?"

"The three of them are fine so I can stop worrying about that. Like she said, most of those things in the house are replaceable. But some of that stuff couldn't. I just- I don't know... I don't know what to think. I just hope those people who were there end up being okay."

She turned around and sat on her knees in front of him. He wrap her into a comforting hug and kissed her lips. "All we can do is pray for them baby. They'll be alright."

At Olivia's home...

"More than twenty people were caught in the fire reportedly. At this moment we can't tell if there are people in those homes. Firefighters are still fighting the blaze that's nearly claimed the lives of many. Here we have a family member of a victim speaking to our on scene expert Thomas Davison. Thomas who do you have with you?"

"This is Annabelle Langley why is the mother of a three year old named Henry. Can you tell you is apt what happened here?" He put the mic to her face.

The cameraman zoomed out to show a woman in her late twenty red with red eyes and nose. A EMT stood behind her for support.

"M-my son w-was upstairs playing while I did some things around around house. I came d-downstairs when I heard screaming outside. My poor neighbor was running in the street with fire on his legs. He was screaming for help. All of a sudden smoke started coming into the house- Oh God." She put her hand over her heart. "His w-window was open and the smoke was so thick I couldn't see in the room. He was crying and I couldn't see him. My eyes were burning s-so bad from the smoke. After a few minutes I-I was able to get him out and he was caughing so hard that his face was turning blue. The ambulance just pulled up and they took him from me. They're in that truck still trying to-to get him to breath. They said- they said he- I can't do this. I'm sorry." She walked away from the camera and fell to get knees crying. The EMT got beside her rubbing her back in comfort.

"As you can see her Vivian this fire has caused many problems. That man she described on fire is 62 year old Gerald Knickles. He is under critical condition after suffering third degree burns from the waist down. He's a near by Hospital seaking very serious medical attention. I'd advise any one in the Beverly Hills area to evacuate immediately woke they still can. This fire doesn't look at be letting up soon."

She cut the TV off and tears rushed down her face.

"What have I done?"

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331 26 16
The wind blows lightly through the air, the sky and the sun kiss I married in the sun felt the warmth, love happiness and most importantly peace. But...
11.1K 276 31
π˜—π˜³π˜¦π˜·π˜ͺ𝘰𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘺 π˜’π˜―π˜°π˜Έπ˜― 𝘒𝘴 𝘈 π˜‹π˜ͺ𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘡 𝘍𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 I promise it will be worth it DONT BE A GHOST READER?
5.3K 317 16
Amirah Thibedeaux, a resilient beauty finding love at first sight with a Millionaire who built an All Black Utopic town himself in Louisiana..