Writing Contest Stories

By xXxShadowWolfxXx

Just my stories for the writing contests :) More

One Word - Week Two [First Place]
Entry Code: 7609434
One Word - Week Three
Magic - Second Challenge [Third Place]
One Word - Week Four
One Word - Week Five
Magic - Third Challenge [First Place]
Magic - Fourth Challenge [Second Place]
Magic - Fifth Challenge
Magic - Sixth Challenge

Magic - First Challenge [Second Place]

19 2 1
By xXxShadowWolfxXx

Picture 2

Campfire Confessions

Today is the day, it's now or never. Belle thought to herself as she focused her gaze on the mysteriously handsome boy in her lounge.

Belle felt it had been too early to call him a friend but she didn't want to go down the friend path anyway so she thought it wise to make her move now or forever hold her peace.

Jasper looked at each of the family photos with his analytical piercing blue eyes. "Hey Belle, are these your parents?" He asked pointing to the photo of Belle when she was younger.

She walked over to stand next to him and admire the picture. "Yeah, that's when we went to the beach one afternoon. We had a lot of fun that day."

Jasper gave a husky giggle, "It sure seems that way." He turned to look at Belle, his eyes focusing on Belle's green eyes. "So, what's the plan for today?"

"Well I thought we could take a bush walk and you know get to know each other more."

"Great," he smiled. "I always loved to go bush walking."

Belle wasn't sure if he was being serious or sarcastic but she nodded and went with the flow anyway. "So are you ready to go now, or do you want to spend some more time looking at my parents." She giggled. "Maybe we'll even get to see some baby pictures!"

"As much fun as it may seem, I think we can hold that off for a little bit. Let's go walking." He enthusiastically said.

"Yeah, we should head out before it starts getting dark."

Jasper pointed his arm towards the front door. "Lead the way."

The air was cool despite the exposed sun sending its rays towards them. The soft breeze tickled Belle's porcelain skin and made her brunette hair flow around her shoulders in a gentle manner.

The track was only a few metres away from her house and they reached there in no time. The sign read, Scenic Walk - 75 min

"What? 75 minutes?" Jasper blurted.

"Haha should be no problem for you, Mr-I-Love-Bushwalks."

Jasper frowned, "Fine, let's just keep going."

As before Belle led the way, the track was narrow and only allowed people to walk in a single file, giving ample space for the oncoming traffic. The track was mostly made of stone and was surrounded by large trees with throngs of foliage. Distant sounds of birds could also be heard in amongst the scenic area.

"Wow this is beautiful," Jasper started. "Do you come here often?"

"Mm no not really, I've been on this track maybe about five times from when I've been living here."

"And how long is that, Belle?" She loved the way he said her name, his dreamy deep words rolled off his tongue flawlessly.

"Let me see...about 7 years."

"Wow, 7 years is quite a while to stay in a little town such as this."

"I don't know, this town has grown on me and I really like it here. You will too in 7 years, don't you worry." She grinned.

Jasper was a new person in their little town of Riverwood. The news of a new family moving got around quicker than a burning flame, and when Belle heard they had a son her age, she was eager to meet him from day one.

She was the one who volunteered to introduce him around the school and also the bonus tour of the town. Belle had wanted to be more than just a tour guide to Jasper but she decided to keep her cool and take things slow.

"Oh hey, look." Jasper pointed to the clearing ahead of them. "I think we're at the end of the track."

"No, that's not the end, but I did take you on a scenic route."

"What!? So where are we? I'm not going to get raped am I?! FYI I do have a rape whistle and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Belle was shocked, "What the hell, Jasper? No it's nothing like that, I want to show you the beach. You can only access it from this scenic track."

"Oh right. Sorry. Carry on." He tried to keep his cool, pretending that awkward outburst didn't just happen.

When they reached the top of the hill, they could see the miniature beach down below. Instead of sand there was pearl white shells scattered around until it reached the water, which was a crystal blue colour.

"So what do you think?"

"Yep, it's beautiful. Even more beautiful than you."

"What? You think I'm beautiful?"

"I didn't say that." He winked and ran down the hill towards the water, taking off his checkered shirt.

Belle ran after him screaming, "What do you think you're doing?!"

"What does it look like?" He screamed back, but by this time he was already in the water. "Come on in, the water's fine." He gleamed and Belle couldn't resist the urge to join him.

They both played and swam in the water until the sun had started to go down. They decided it was time for them to get out and dry off.

Belle shivered, "Wow, it's gotten so cold."

"Yeah it has," he crossed his arms to give himself some warmth. "Maybe we can start a fire and dry out a bit before we go back."

Oh how romantic, thought Belle. "Yeah there must be some wood lying around and I bought a match so we're pretty much sorted."

"Great! I'll go find some wood, and you go and sit on the driftwood right there." He pointed to the only driftwood lying there.

"Sure. Hurry back though, it's getting dark."

"Don't worry." He gave another one of his heart-warming smile.

It had only been about 10 minutes when he saw Jasper emerging with a pile of fire wood. Belle hadn't noticed in the water but Jasper had a prominent six pack on his mildly sun kissed body. He's perfect and he even has a v-line. Belle thought quietly as she was mesmerized by the mysteriously handsome boy.

"Here you go." He dumped the wood in front of her feet.

Belle used the match to start a miniature fire, which grew as it devoured the wood. The bright orange flame illuminated their faces and gave warmth to the two cold bodies. They were still a bit cold and decided to put their clothes back on to see if that helped.

Jasper noticed Belle shivering and came closer to her until their sides were touching, he didn't want to try something like putting an arm around her just in case it gave her the wrong idea.

"Hey are you hungry." He asked.

"Yeah a little bit, hey I have some marshmallows in my bag. If we can find some sticks I'm pretty sure we could have some roasted marshmallows, like when you go camping."

"Sounds great." He immediately looked around his feet and found two appropriate sized sticks whilst Belle got out the bag of marshmallows.

They each got a marshmallow and stuck it on the end of their sticks, melting them in the fire. When it was just perfect they would pop it in their mouth and savour the milky and fluffy taste.

They had a few until Belle started a conversation, "So what do you think of Riverwood?"

"I like it, it's quiet and the people are nice and attractive." He smiled smugly.

Belle pushed him with her arm in a playful way. "Do you think you'll stay?"

"I don't know yet, I might move when my family does. I can't guarantee I'll stay forever though. Are you willing to stay in Riverwood forever?"

"Well the place isn't half bad and these are people I've spent the crucial years of my life with. It would be weird to just leave."

"I guess you're right."

"Hey Jasper, do you have a girlfriend?"

He laughed. "No, I don't."

She looked up at him, taking in his beautifully chiselled features. Every feature perfectly proportional to his face. She leaned in closes to him and before she knew it, Belle pressed her lips against his. Jasper's lips were soft and luscious, the perfect type to kiss.

Belle felt like she was in a dream before Jasper pushed her away. "Belle, what do you think you're doing?" He wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

"What? I'm confused. I thought you wanted this."

"What? No I don't want this. I thought we were just friends, this is weird."

"We are, it sure didn't seem that way. I thought you were flirting with me earlier and I thought it was the perfect time to make a move."

"A move? Why would you make a move on me?"

"Well, because you're perfect and I really like you Jasper in a non-friend way."

"I'm sorry Belle but I don't. You clearly don't know much about me."

"What's there to know?"

"Don't you know Belle? I'm gay!"

Dammit!

Words: 1502

Continue Reading