Magic - First Challenge [Second Place]

Picture 2

Campfire Confessions

Today is the day, it's now or never. Belle thought to herself as she focused her gaze on the mysteriously handsome boy in her lounge.

Belle felt it had been too early to call him a friend but she didn't want to go down the friend path anyway so she thought it wise to make her move now or forever hold her peace.

Jasper looked at each of the family photos with his analytical piercing blue eyes. "Hey Belle, are these your parents?" He asked pointing to the photo of Belle when she was younger.

She walked over to stand next to him and admire the picture. "Yeah, that's when we went to the beach one afternoon. We had a lot of fun that day."

Jasper gave a husky giggle, "It sure seems that way." He turned to look at Belle, his eyes focusing on Belle's green eyes. "So, what's the plan for today?"

"Well I thought we could take a bush walk and you know get to know each other more."

"Great," he smiled. "I always loved to go bush walking."

Belle wasn't sure if he was being serious or sarcastic but she nodded and went with the flow anyway. "So are you ready to go now, or do you want to spend some more time looking at my parents." She giggled. "Maybe we'll even get to see some baby pictures!"

"As much fun as it may seem, I think we can hold that off for a little bit. Let's go walking." He enthusiastically said.

"Yeah, we should head out before it starts getting dark."

Jasper pointed his arm towards the front door. "Lead the way."

The air was cool despite the exposed sun sending its rays towards them. The soft breeze tickled Belle's porcelain skin and made her brunette hair flow around her shoulders in a gentle manner.

The track was only a few metres away from her house and they reached there in no time. The sign read, Scenic Walk - 75 min

"What? 75 minutes?" Jasper blurted.

"Haha should be no problem for you, Mr-I-Love-Bushwalks."

Jasper frowned, "Fine, let's just keep going."

As before Belle led the way, the track was narrow and only allowed people to walk in a single file, giving ample space for the oncoming traffic. The track was mostly made of stone and was surrounded by large trees with throngs of foliage. Distant sounds of birds could also be heard in amongst the scenic area.

"Wow this is beautiful," Jasper started. "Do you come here often?"

"Mm no not really, I've been on this track maybe about five times from when I've been living here."

"And how long is that, Belle?" She loved the way he said her name, his dreamy deep words rolled off his tongue flawlessly.

"Let me see...about 7 years."

"Wow, 7 years is quite a while to stay in a little town such as this."

"I don't know, this town has grown on me and I really like it here. You will too in 7 years, don't you worry." She grinned.

Jasper was a new person in their little town of Riverwood. The news of a new family moving got around quicker than a burning flame, and when Belle heard they had a son her age, she was eager to meet him from day one.

She was the one who volunteered to introduce him around the school and also the bonus tour of the town. Belle had wanted to be more than just a tour guide to Jasper but she decided to keep her cool and take things slow.