The Locket

By Cam_Writer

(Big Ending) A heart shaped locket. It was small and fragile. I Found it on the side of my bed one morning... More

That morning
The interview
The beginning of the article
Finishing
Morning
Getaway
How did this happen
Trouble
The station
Dumbfounded
The case
The river
Scared
Help
Lazy Sunday
Im not alone
Its her
Secrets
Ending

Home. Finally!

155 13 0
By Cam_Writer

The sheriff dropped us off at my house. Cheryl's car was already parked in the driveway.
"I think I'm just gonna go home." She said, getting in before I could say anything. I could tell she was beat. So I laughed and waved as she pulled out and left. I got in my house. It was cold and silent. It was like the house knew the secret, now it didn't want to talk because it was revealed. I set all of my crap down and just sat.
I sat to process everything that had just happened.
I sat to process the fact that, this locket was following me. I didn't have it, the sheriff did. I sat up, straightening some things up from the past few days.
I was truthfully scared. I did my best to just forget it. It was over with. None of this death stuff would come up again.
I checked my email seeing that we made it into the paper yet again. I sent it to Cheryl knowing she wouldn't reply for hours. When she got home, she would probably pass out dead asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
4.8M 255K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...