Mosdenea

By Animallover55

*Book 1 of the Saint J's Boys* He put his forehead against mine, making my breath hitch. Whispering he said... More

Prologue
Chapter 1--Meeting A Mosdenea
Chapter 2--Aliens Abduct From The Top Bunk
Chapter 3--My Car's Name is Daisy
Chapter 4--You Know What? Your Pants
Chapter 5--Daisy's Insides Are A Tetris Puzzle
Chapter 6--The Story of the Two Dolphins
Chapter 7--A Crane Is Apparently Cooler Than A Mermaid
Chapter 8--A Blackhole is Actually a Dead Star
Chapter 9--Shots Aren't Only From Doctors
Chapter 10--Home Isn't As Sweet As My Other Home
Chapter 10.5--My Attitude Feels As Dry As The Thanksgiving Turkey
Chapter 11--Hands Are Like A Puzzle
Chapter 12--Swerving Cars, Cops, and Waves
Chapter 13--Some People Are Simply Posh
Chapter 15--Good Thing Arrows Aren't Bent
Chapter 15.5--If You Fly, I Fly
Chapter 16--Everything Goes Up With The Bonfire
Chapter 17--Christmas Gifts That Match Are Cooler Than You'd Think
Chapter 17.5--Motorcycles, Jet Skis, Snow Mobiles, Oh My
Chapter 18--The Doctor of Motorcycles and the Nurse of Colds
Chapter 18.5--The Sun Tastes Like Honey
Chapter 19--What's The Big Deal With Having A Papi
Chapter 20--Third Wheeling Is Actually An Important Job
Chapter 21--Rain Seems To Make Everything Romantic
Chapter 22--The Art of Tattoos
Chapter 23--My Prom 2.0
Chapter 23.5--Two Stars Shine Brighter Than One
Chapter 24--The Best Best-Friends
Chapter 25--L.O.W
Chapter 26--The Ferry O'Love
Chapter 27--The Art of Unimaginable Contentment
Chapter 28--I Would Like To Thank The Academy
Chapter 29--Sharks Don't Bark, They Bite
Chapter 30--We Got Caught Playing Tag
Chapter 31--There's A Curse Word In Every Sentence
Chapter 32--Mirages Eventually Fade
Chapter 33-Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 34--Episode V: The Mosdenea's Strike Back
Chapter 35--A "Brief" History Lesson
Chapter 35.5--Can All You Have Is Love?
Chapter 36--Life Moves On
Chapter 37--The End of a Good Story
Epilogue
New Story--Low

Chapter 14--Singing And Dancing Is Sweet Cherry Pie

8.9K 680 183
By Animallover55

The night after Aaron's presentation, he was in a good mood. He asked if I wanted to invite my friends over to a place he knew that has karaoke. I texted the group chat with Pierce, Jackson, Kellie, and I asking if they wanted to come. They all agreed and the next night we were headed to the bar.

Pierce and I were on campus earlier in the day for classes. By the time we were all finished, we headed to the parking lot. From there, Kellie and Jackson got into the BMW and Aaron decided to pick me up on his motorcycle like the day before. It was hard not to notice people staring. Mainly because unlike the day before, today he decided to wear his iconic leather jacket. Underneath was a black and white striped shirt that went well with his dark jeans.

Victoria had texted us saying she knows which bar Aaron speaks of and she would meet us there. Ever since his presentation, Aaron hasn't been in a better mood—if not the best. I'm not sure what a 'good mood' means for him, but he was a lot more relaxed and less tense. Not saying he isn't relaxed all the time, but now it seemed like some weight had been lifted off his shoulders. And because that weight was off he just seemed to be more content and laid back.

While we were driving we pulled up the motorcycle beside Pierce, who decided to bring the top down of his car. Kellie and Jackson were in the back, their arms up in the air and the wind carrying their laughs. Pierce didn't want to speed, especially with passengers in the car, but Aaron ignored his request and took off. Kellie yelling my name as soon as Aaron revved the bike and shot forward.

Aaron didn't race but he stayed a few miles over the speed limit. Whenever I would glance behind me, Pierce was still in view. We passed by a few cops but they didn't stop us. Unlike Michigan, in Miami speeding is common. Whereas where I used to live, if you went ten miles over they would pull you over. Here, in order to pull you to the side for speeding, it would mean you're a super speeder. Or probably racing. It's quite common and the people I usually see on the side of the road talking to cops are always in exotic cars. The rich here really don't know what else to do with their money.

The helmet I was wearing was playing Coldplay and I started to wonder if I should just buy myself my own helmet. I've offered to give Aaron his helmet back, simply because driving with just Ray-Bans doesn't seem easy, but he refuses.

We crossed over a bridge, the sun setting in the distance. By the time we arrived to the bar, it was dark. We had been stuck in traffic and instead of passing by everyone, Aaron pulled up beside Pierce. The bar itself didn't look like anything special from the outside. It was another hole in the wall but we had to climb down a few steps until we were basically in the basement of a building.

This could have easily been mistaken for a stripper joint. Simply because it was dark and in the middle of nowhere. Instead of strippers though, there were tables and stools that surrounded pool tables and booths. At the end of the bar was a small stage where someone was terribly singing to Katy Perry. Victoria was sitting in a circular booth in the corner. When she spotted us she started to wave and smile.

We had to squeeze inside with the rest of crowd that suddenly appeared. After sunset, everyone goes out and hits up different bars and clubs. So I was thankful that Victoria arrived early to save us a spot. Everyone scooted into the booth, we surprisingly fit comfortably for a group of six. I sat between Aaron and Pierce, Aaron keeping the aisle seat. Jackson sat between Victoria and Kellie, which I personally thought was not a great idea.

Pierce and Aaron didn't drink the whole night. They were smart enough not to because they knew they would have to drive. Aaron got a ginger ale and Pierce stuck with a coke. The only one that could order drinks was Aaron anyways. He gave me a beer, then bought whatever it was the rest of the group wanted.

"Don't drink too much," He whispered in my ear as the music started playing. "I don't want you to fly off my bike."

"That'd be a tragedy," I stated taking a swing of my beer.

"Trust me," he leaned back and watched the two people that took a step onto the stage. "It would be."

When I finished my beer, he shared his ginger ale with me. Victoria and Kellie kept glancing at me, giving me their best 'he likes you' look. I rolled my eyes and turned to watch two men sing a song. "Pierce," Jackson called his attention after we ordered some nachos. "How about you and I go do a song?"

"Hell yeah," Pierce got up—all excited. Aaron and I had to move out of the booth in order to let Pierce through. Jackson met with him and they both headed towards the DJ. They flipped through a few pages in a binder until finally agreeing on a song.

A few people went before Pierce and Jackson. But finally they headed onto the stage, a huge crowd watching. They grabbed the microphones and waved at us. Kellie, Victoria, and I cheered them on by calling out their names. At first, when the song started I didn't know what it was. Then as the lyrics appeared on the screens around them, it started to hit me.

Cherry Pie by Warrant.

I started laughing hysterically, Aaron was grinning and shaking his head as he watched his brother make a fool of himself. Jackson and Pierce would take turns singing according to the karaoke machine. During a guitar solo they would lose it and start swirling their heads in a circular motion like they belonged in the nineteen-eighties.

"She's my cherry pie!" They both screamed into the microphone together.

"Cool drink of water, such a sweet surprise!" Jackson shouted.

"Taste so good make a grown man cry!" Pierce yelled as he and Jackson made eye. Together they shouted, "Sweet cherry pie!"

When they were done—even though their singing was horrendous—the crowd cheered. I was holding onto the edge of the table, tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. Even Kellie and Victoria were laughing. Aaron had let out a few chuckles while watching his brother skip around the stage.

The boys came back, sitting down at our booth and chugging down their drinks. "That was awesome," Jackson said.

"You guys did great," Kellie beamed.

"I wish I got that on video," Victoria shook her head in regret.

"You girls should go up there," Pierce nudged us.

"I don't think so," I said when Pierce looked in my direction. "You of all people know I can't sing Pierce."

"That's a no in my book," Kellie agreed.

"I think it'll be fun!" Victoria chimed in. "Come on we can top the guys."

We both gave her hesitant looks. Even though their singing wasn't great, there was no way we could top their performance. A few people were already on stage, singing another song. Kellie and I gave each other a look and I was going to back out when Aaron said, "Come on Birdie. Go have fun."

I glanced at him. His eyebrow was raised and he was motioning towards the stage. "Live a little," He added.

"I'll pick the song," Pierce jolted out of his seat and walked over to the DJ. The three of us headed after Pierce and he handed us microphones, waiting for the couple on stage to finish. Pierce grinned at us when it was our turn. "Have fun," He said pushing us on stage.

The three of us stood awkwardly on the stage, Victoria the only one that seemed excited. Suddenly the music starts and I laugh under my breath, hanging my head down in shame. How dare he...

Girls Just Want To Have Fun was playing. The three of us put our arms around each other, singing like beaten up cats. People laughed whenever we couldn't hit a high note, but it didn't matter. We would laugh along with them. I've always hated the song. Sure, it's a classic in the sense that everyone knows it, but listening to it makes me cringe inside. Pierce obviously picked it to mess with us.

When we sat back down, Aaron had ordered me another ginger ale. The girls and I were laughing and I took my seat at the edge. Aaron put his arm around me and gave me his famous half grin, "Enjoying yourself?"

"Shockingly yes," I said taking a sip of my soda. I pointed my finger at him, giving him the stink eye. "Now it's your turn."

"What?" He asked somewhat amused, his eyebrow raised and pure confusion on his face.

"If I did a song, you can too." I told him.

"I never struck that kind of deal," He answered.

"Well you're going to," I stated.

"No I'm not," He said in his dense tone. But I could tell he was challenging me.

"Pierce," I called across the table. "Go do a song with your brother."

Pierce instantly sat up. He looked more excited than a five-year old on Christmas morning. "Yeah Aaron let's do it!" He said with gleam. His dimples were showing in his smile and I couldn't imagine how Aaron could possibly say no to his brother.

Yet he did it with ease, "No."

Well then...

"Please," Pierce begged. "Please please please."

Even the rest of the group seemed to edge him on. I joined in, "Please."

Aaron lazily glanced in my direction, his eyes falling on me. I gave him my best puppy dog face causing him to sigh. "I can't resist you," He stated before standing up. "Come on Pierce."

"Alright!" Pierce shouted happily. He ran over to the DJ and requested yet another song. Aaron looked at the verge of killing someone but refrained entirely. The idea of Aaron singing karaoke had be at the edge of my seat. Even the rest of the group seemed interested. They don't know Aaron as well as I do—which still isn't at all that well—they however, knew for a fact he was definitely not the kind of guy to sing.

Aaron took the microphone and waited for Pierce on stage. When Pierce joined him, the music started. Everyone in the audience quickly recognized it and Aaron gave Pierce a playful shove. During the intro of the song, as the music played without lyrics, Aaron took off his leather jacket causing a roar of whistles from the women in the audience to erupt. Pierce laughed and sang the first verse of Footloose.

Between the lines, the moment the chorus hit, both Pierce and Aaron started dancing the famous Footloose dance. My jaw had completely dropped as both of them moved in sync causing an uproar in the audience. Sure, when Aaron sang it wasn't great. Then again, my singing wasn't great either. But whenever he stepped and turned and kicked to the steps of Footloose, everyone suddenly had the urge to do the same.

A few people in the crowd actually did. They got up, moved a few tables and joined in on the dancing. The last time I danced to this song was senior prom. And I was terrible at it. Jackson stood up, Kellie and Victoria joining him. A few people stayed in their seats like I did—mainly because we probably didn't know how to dance to the song. It's not easy, not like the Electric or Cha-Cha slide.

The dance involved coordination. And stamina. Two things I didn't possess.

But Aaron and Pierce were dominating the stage. They were singing while dancing, another thing I probably wouldn't be able to do. Aaron wasn't singing as much as Pierce, he was still too focused on the placing of his feet. When the song was finally over, everyone applauded. Whether they were standing because they joined in on the dancing, or if they were simply observing from their seats.

I cheered on, Pierce taking a bow and Aaron grabbing his jacket before walking back towards our booth. The group came back together, everyone praising Pierce and Aaron. Pierce laughed it off and Aaron simply shrugged, taking a sip of his ginger ale.

"Just like when we were kids," Pierce smiled at his brother.

"So are you having fun?" I asked Aaron. He shrugged again causing me to raise an eyebrow. I lent forward, kissing his cheek—a genuine smile taking over his lips. Aaron hardly ever gives me a heart-warming and butterfly erupting smile, but this was one of them. "Well you did awesome."

In his low dense voice he said, "Well I'm definitely having fun now."

*************

We didn't arrive until late after the karaoke. We also had to drop Kellie and Jackson at campus and drive Victoria home because she had taken a few beers. The only one that really seemed to get drunk was Jackson. I think he's hilarious when he drinks. Always laughing and shouting, occasionally singing like an old sailor.

I woke up feeling groggy. My hair was an absolute mess and I felt tired all over. The late motorcycle ride home was probably what made me so tired. At that point in the night I just wanted to sleep, and I think I almost did when I rested my head on Aaron's back. But I was scared I was going to fall off so occasionally I would have to squeeze him to make sure I was holding on.

I lazily strolled to my bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and placing my hair up. When I looked in the mirror, I felt gross and considered getting a face transplant. But I think that would take more than fifteen minutes. So instead of getting dressed, I stayed in my tank top and pajama shorts and headed towards the delicious smell of food that I was a hundred percent sure Pierce was making in the kitchen.

Before rounding into the kitchen I heard Aaron and Pierce whispering softly to each other. It seemed to blend in with the sound of the oven and air vent that rests over the stove. "Aaron," Pierce said gently. "I'm worried."

"Don't be," Aaron replied. "I promised to always take care of you. And I won't let anything happen.

"But Phillip said—"

"Forget what Phillip said," Aaron interrupted. "We have a life here now. And you know this is my plan. Just like yours is France."

Pierce seemed to sigh like he was caving. I didn't hear anything else so I assumed he nodded. I waited a few seconds before I heard Pierce say, "Should I go wake up Parker for breakfast?"

I had a small heart attack, I didn't want them to think I was eavesdropping even though I obviously was. So I took that as my cue and walked in, yawning and pretending like I had just risen out of bed. "Did someone say my name?" I muttered through the yawn. I went over to the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"We just wanted to make sure you would join us for the best breakfast ever," Pierce smiled—his dimples showing.

I smiled back and brought the milk to the table as Pierce stood up to grab the breakfast he made. There was French toast, waffles, and fresh fruit. I wasn't sure why Pierce loves breakfast so much, but it made me happy and I wasn't about to complain.

"No bacon?" Aaron asked an eyebrow raised.

"I made it yesterday." Pierce frowned.

"Your point?"

I chuckled and grabbed a few fruits from the center of the table. It's the weekend before exams which means Pierce and I were about to enter a whole new realm of Hell. We had already started to study vigorously but that didn't stop the stress from taking over our minds. And after exams, I would head back home to Michigan to spend Christmas with my family.

Which reminds me...I thought.

"Hey you guys," I said softly while picking at the fruit with a fork. Both brothers looked up at me from their plate of food. "I have something to ask. Are you two doing anything for Christmas?"

Pierce and Aaron looked at each other and shrugged. "Not really," Pierce said.

"No family to visit or anything?" I asked trying to test the subject again. Neither of the boys have ever given me insight on their family structure. They say that they're together by themselves but there had to be a parent or some sort of structure before they were eighteen.

Aaron scoffed, "No."

I nodded—hardly surprised. I set my fork down and looked up, leaning against the table. "Well my mother was wondering if you'd like to come and spend the holidays with us."

Both of boys were taken aback. Pierce looked surprised and happy whereas Aaron resembled something more confused. "In Michigan?" Pierce asked, his tone elevated and giddy.

I smiled, "Yeah where else?"

"Why would she want us to go?" Aaron asked cautiously. "I mean," he quickly adds. "Where would we stay and why want us there in the first place?"

This was the part I was dreading. Telling the boys about the actual conversation I had with my family and friends back home. "Uhm," I said hesitantly. My fingers started twiddling together. "She wants to meet my roommate."

I looked up, making eye contact with Pierce. He look completely honored in a baffled way. "Me?" Pierce grinned happily and poked Aaron. "Here that brother? I'm her roommate."

I glanced at Aaron, expecting to see him angry. Instead, his eyebrows were raised to match his amused half-grin. He looked at me straight in the eyes, the sadness behind them hardly matching with his amusement. "Oh?" Aaron asks leaning on the table. "Has little Birdie not told the nest that she's living with two men?"

"As much as I'd like to be a man," Pierce interjected. "I hardly consider myself one."

I couldn't help but laugh. Aaron kept his eyes trained on me however and asked, "So if Pierce is your roommate am I invited as well?"

"If you're alright sharing the futon with him." I said. But now that he got me thinking about it, how would I explain Aaron. I didn't tell my parents about Aaron being my roommate. I simply said that I live with Pierce, and I still managed to lie about his sexuality preferences.

"So what's the elaborate lie you're going to create to explain why I joined you and your family?" Aaron asked. He was drilling me with questions and the only reason I could think as to why, was because he was simply completely amused by my ability to lie.

"That you're Pierce's brother and want to spend time with him over holidays...?" It sounded more of a question than an actual plan. But Aaron nodded, considering the lie.

"I guess it's not too bad," He said glancing at Pierce. "What do you think? You want to go?"

"Let's do it," Pierce grinned taking a bite out of his toast. He gave Aaron a smirk while chanting in a sing-song voice, "I'm Parker's roommate and you're not."

"Oh," I stated biting my lip. "About that..."

Pierce looked at me, a bit of him already mortified. "What?"

"You're uh..." I hesitated. "To make my parents more comfortable I may have said you're gay."

Pierce's jaw dropped. And for the first time, Aaron laughed. Not just small chuckle or rumble, I mean a full-hearted laugh that echoed through the small apartment. He was holding onto the table to prevent himself from falling over. One hand on his chest as he tried to catch his breath. I wanted to laugh along with him, but I was caught off guard and couldn't believe that Aaron had just laughed.

"So what's that mean for me?" Pierce asked. He looked grim and somewhat offended. His hand on his chest but mainly worry coating his expression.

"I guess—" I couldn't even finish the sentence before Aaron interrupted.

"Act gay," Aaron added. He couldn't keep a straight face and started laughing all over again. This time, I joined him.

**********

Pierce and I went to the beach when Aaron said he had to go away to take care of some business. After the humiliating moment of telling Pierce how sorry I was for making him gay to my parents, he shrugged it off. Said it'll help him with his nonexistent "acting skills."

I was lying on my towel, soaking up the sun. It wasn't a truly sunny day. More like overcast. I wasn't scared it was going to rain because nothing looked gray. But I still brought an umbrella just in case. Pierce was sitting beside me, neither of us had put on sunscreen because of the clouds.

He was on the phone, talking softly with whoever was on the other line. Finally he hung up, I had been listening to music so I didn't hear a thing he said. I pulled my earbud out, frowning at Pierce's sullen face. "Everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah," He instantly smiled like he was covering up his last expression. "Actually, Aaron bought the three tickets."

"Tickets?" I asked with a raise eyebrow.

"To go to Michigan."

My eyes nearly bulged out of my skull. I sat up, facing Pierce. "What?" I asked horrified. It's not I was mad they bought the tickets. I just didn't know they would buy them so fast. I also didn't think they would buy my ticket. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything dishonest with doing favors for your friends. If Pierce or Aaron ever needed something that I could do for them, I would. But plane tickets is a whole different story. Maybe if I just needed to borrow a few bucks then it wouldn't be a big deal. Plane tickets however, left me in shock.

"I'll pay you guys back as soon as I can," I told Pierce.

Pierce frowned, "Don't worry about it. It's on us."

I shook my head and pursed my lips, "I don't think so."

"You're letting us stay at your house, you're going to be feeding us, and it's like a vacation." He fought off, "It's on us."

With that he laid back, arms behind his head and eyes closed. I stared at him for a moment. I couldn't possibly go through with this could I? No. I won't. I'll just get the money and give it back without telling them. I know they're not economically in need. And it's not like they would mind buying, I just felt bad. I don't think charity is a bad thing if you really really need it. But this wasn't charity, it's a gift that I feel guilty for having.

"Pierce," I asked softly as we tried to tan as best as we could with the clouds in the way.

"Yes Parker?" He asked back.

I rolled onto my side, facing him and started playing with the sand. "Why don't you and Aaron ever talk about your family?" I thought it was a simple question to ask but I knew that the boys always seemed to avoid it. That's why I kept my eyes down on the sand. There's not much I know about their past except for bits and pieces, and filling up the gaps was left to my imagination.

Pierce sighed and sat up on his elbows. His eyes stayed focus on the horizon with a dulled-out gaze. "Aaron and I have always been there for each other," he said softly. "That's why it feels like we're the only family we have."

"But what about—"

"Parents?" Pierce interrupted. "Our mom was a wonderful woman. She taught us to respect women and love them. She said there isn't anything more important than loyalty and love. And she loved us. More than anything. But things change."

"What do you mean?"

Pierce gulped and looked down. "Some people have this natural darkness in them. That they're consumed and they leave nothing behind."

I thought about it for a second and laid back down, staring up at one of the clouds. "That was deep Pierce," I said to him. "Too bad it didn't make any sense to me."

He chuckled, standing up and dusting sand off of him. "I'm going to go play volleyball. Care to join?"

I glanced at the textbooks I brought in my beach bag. I had come to try and study ahead for exams. But I think I've studied enough for today. While waiting for Pierce to get ready for the beach, I had spent about an hour dissecting my textbook like the frog I had in high school biology.

I don't think I've ever gone to play volleyball with the group that typically comes here. Pierce has already become friends with them—having his own spot on the team. I was always the nerdy girl that stayed back to do my homework. So I finally stood up and nodded.

"I bet I can play better than you Mosdenea," I said playfully.

Pierce gave me a dimple faced smile, "Oh we'll see about that Finch."

After a few games of volleyball, the sun was blocked away from the beach by the skyscrapers. It was still noon, which left Pierce and I with a few more hours before the week of hell commenced. The wind picked up and the clouds didn't help. Everyone started packing to go home, the beach became cold and chaotic.

As we walked home, I decided to ask Pierce about France. I know he's always been interested, but he never told me why or what the details were. I asked, "Why pick France? Why not Italy or Spain?"

Pierce smiled softly, he was carrying his beach bag and towel over his shoulder like I was. "Remember how I told you I had a girlfriend?" He asked causing me to nod. "Her name is Marie."

I already figured it out, especially after seeing the pictures laid out on his wall. But I played along and listened closely. "She's from France," He added. "And we used to always plan our lives out in France."

"That's cute," I said with a soft smile.

"Yeah," Pierce looked down at the sidewalk sadly. "She's the reason I started taking French. Then I realized I love languages. And now that's my major. But I guess...The reason I want to go to France is because I've built this image of my life there. And I want to see if it'll be exactly what I picture it'll be."

I nodded, somewhat understanding what he meant. When I pictured myself filling out transfer applications, I tried picturing myself in every university I applied to. Eventually, the very thought of coming to Florida had me at the edge of my seat, that if I didn't come I would have regretted it forever. "Well what happened with Marie?" I asked, our building coming into view.

Pierce's jaw clenched and I realized I asked the wrong question. He shrugged, "Nothing."

I dropped the subject and tried to lighten the mood as we continued towards our building. By the time we were finally in our apartment, we each took showers and then had a quick snack. Then we sat down in the seats on the balcony. Studying for our dreadful exams.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Disclaimer: I love sour patch kids...they're so good. I could go for a whole bag right now.

Short chapter--not a very eventful one either. But like I said, if I write a filler it's most likely got some information about the brothers. So how are you liking it so far? Do I have any predictions about their past?

Keep the votes and comments up :) It makes me so happy seeing I've got fans. I love you all so much.

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 90 70
ACTUALLY IM RE-doing the whole plot <3 sooo yea.... I might leave it as it is and write the whole thing in another one πŸ§πŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ«ΆπŸ½ Jade Wilson and h...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
89.5K 2.6K 36
This is a rewritten version of Golden Boy! It's completely new except for the names of the characters. Everyone has that one thing that they fear th...