The Locket

By Cam_Writer

(Big Ending) A heart shaped locket. It was small and fragile. I Found it on the side of my bed one morning... More

That morning
The interview
The beginning of the article
Finishing
Morning
Getaway
How did this happen
Trouble
The station
The case
Home. Finally!
The river
Scared
Help
Lazy Sunday
Im not alone
Its her
Secrets
Ending

Dumbfounded

156 13 0
By Cam_Writer

My stomach was knotted up. How and why was that locket in my pocket? I did not put it there. I know I did not.
"Ma'am please take a seat." I sat down in the chair in front of the desk. His name tag said, "Sheriff Tony". I took a deep breath and looked at him straight in the eye. Before I could say anything, he asked;
"You work for the news paper right?"
"Y-yes." I was not expecting him to start talking. He smiled and held his hand out.
"Big pleasure." I shook it and felt a lot better.
"Listen here-" he folded his hands and lowered his voice.
"Everybody makes mistakes. I get that. I'll let it slide this time." He smiled, and continued.
"My problem here is that you have this necklace. When I asked you last night you stated that you just found it. Is this true?"
"Yes sir. I woke up one morning and found it next to my bed. And-and I promise you I did not take it with me last night." He nodded his head and thought.
"I'm going to believe you for now. I am doing this because you have done a lot for the town."
"Ok. Thank you." I took another deep breath.
"I have one more thing to show you dear." He stood up and opened his office door.
"Go on out."
**
We walked into a room that was far back in the station. Towering shelves and boxes. This was where evidence was kept. I felt sick again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
191M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...