Love Complicates Everything

By bebechinadoll

***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I sugge... More

Chapter 1: College Life (Picture of Mikaila)
Chapter 2: So The Drama Begins (Picture of Zac)
Chapter 3: Mind Blowing (Picture of Hunter)
Chapter 4: Awkward Much? (Picture of Ethan)
Chapter 5: The Truth (Picture of AJ)
Chapter 6: Drowning My Sorrows (Picture of Maid of Honor Dress)
Chapter 7: Pleasantly Surprised (Picture of Loft)
Chapter 8: Full of Surprises (Picture of Engagement Ring)
Chapter 9: Rehearsal Dinner Disaster (Picture of Reese)
Chapter 10: Locked Up (Picture of Chad)
Chapter 11: Bachelor/Bachelorette Party (Pic of of Reese's Stripper!)
Chapter 12: Love It's Complicated (Pic of Mikaila's Hair)
Chapter 13: Fairytale Wedding (Picture of Gemma)
Chapter 14: WTH? (Picture of Taylor)
Chapter 15: Time Away
Chapter 16: Indecisive
Chapter 17: Frat Party...Pity Party
Chapter 18: Do You Plead Guilty...Or Not Guilty
Chapter 20: Atlantic City
Chapter 21: Laughable Lie!
Chapter 22: Business Discussion
Chapter 23: Don't Wanna (Picture of Aunt Elisha)
Chapter 24: Drama in Paris (Picture of Elisha's Hunter)
Chapter 25: Not So Happy New Year
Chapter 26: All Grown Up (Picture of Alena)
Chapter 27: Fashion Show (Picture of Lillianna)
Chapter 28: Only The Beginning

Chapter 19: Say It Ain't So!

21.4K 250 4
By bebechinadoll

"So kids, since Thanksgiving is only four days away, we've decided instead of our traditional Sullivan and Debevoise family dinner...we're going to visit your grandparents." My mom announced as the six of us sat around the table at Sunday Brunch.

My eyes widened in surprise...no traditional Thanksgiving dinner? "Wh-what?" I stuttered in shock.

My mom faithfully cooked every year! What did she mean this year would be different?

"Honey, you and Zac are more than welcome to come with us." She offered with a smile.

"You know grandpa and grandmom don't have much time left, so your father and I were thinking of spending our four days off visiting both sets of grandparents this year." Mom explained slowly as though she was speaking to a small child.

Although at this point and time, that's exactly what I felt like...a child that was told that there's no Santa and no Easter Bunny!

I could hear Zac's mom in the background telling him the same exact thing my mom was except she was explaining it with his grandparents.

"Kaila, you know we rarely get days off. We'd like to spend it doing something enjoyable." My mom explained as she looked over to my Dad for some sort of reassurance.

I guess the look of desperation that plagued my face had her worried she was making a wrong decision.

So what did this mean? Cooking dinner for your family and friends wasn't something Mom thought to be enjoyable?

Now that I thought about it how much fun could it possibly be to spend all day in the kitchen on your day off?

I could understand where they were coming from, it's been a while since I last saw my grandparents...either set. Yes, they were older but really...Thanksgiving?!?

"Can't they just come visit for Thanksgiving?" I suggested with a bit of hope in my voice.

My mom let out an exasperated sigh. "Honey don't be silly, you know with Grandpa's heart condition he can't fly anymore." She said waving her hand dismissively, taking a drink from her glass of orange juice.

So what did this mean? Zac and I were on our own for Thanksgiving this year unless we decided to tag along with our parents?

I know...I know...I seem like I'm regressing. All my life I've been so mature and basically grown up on my own with Zac.

Now that I'm older and have gotten closer to my parents...I didn't know how to act. Thanksgiving was ALWAYS spent together...it was my own mother's cardinal rule and how ironic she's the one breaking it!

As though Zac could sense my distress, I felt his warm hand cover my own and squeeze it reassuringly.

Instead of the distraught look that plagued my face, Zac looked like he was filled with excitement? He didn't seemed surprised in the least bit...which made me wonder if he already knew this was coming.

The rest of brunch passed by in a daze as our parents chatted with one another about work. All I kept thinking about was no Thanksgiving!

Don't think I'm being a heffer only worrying about food...ok, ok I was thinking about missing out on my mom's delicious food! So what?!?

Zac leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Don't look so upset beautiful, Thanksgiving's going to be great..." His voice was chipper and his eyes lit up. "I already have a surprise in mind."

Even though Zac's surprises were always the best...it still didn't make up for the fact that we'd be spending a time when we were supposed to be with family, alone.

The ride back to the apartment was quiet, the only noise coming from the music on the radio.

"What's wrong?" Zac asked glancing over at me with concern in his eyes.

I shook my head slightly, I really needed to stop acting like such a big baby. "Nothing, just sad." I answered with a shrug.

He tugged at my hand, which was entwined with his bringing it up to his lips and placing a soft kiss on it. "No worries beautiful, you'll love my surprise."

I smiled gratefully at Zac, rubbing the pad of my thumb onto the palm of his hand. "Can you at least tell me what it is?" I asked with my eyebrows raised and my voice filled with hope.

"Not a chance..." Zac said looking over at me with his heartbreaking grin. "What I can say is you need to pack a bag, we're going away."

Hmm...I tried my hardest to think of where we were going, but came up with nothing. Zac was no help, seeming to have a permanent smirk plastered on his lips.

He knew I hated surprises and not knowing was driving me mad! He wouldn't even give me a hint, only promising to tell me Wednesday morning before we left.

Campus was pretty much a ghost town, seeing how Thanksgiving was two days away. Alot of the students already leaving to go back home to beat the holiday rush.

I haven't seen Hunter since that incident at the Frat Party. I texted him and apologized for Zac's actions, he apologized for trying to kiss me.

For some odd reason it seemed as though he was avoiding me. We agreed to get together to hang out soon, but even that agreement seemed open ended.

"C'mon Aid, if you tell me where we're going I'll clean your room for a month." I tried my very best to bargain with him as we worked at the bar on Tuesday night.

It seemed as though everyone knew where we were going, besides me! Why they wouldn't just tell me...I don't know! Maybe they just like torturing me.

The only thing I did know was Aiden, Reese, AJ, Chad, Zac, Me, Gemma, Alex, Ethan, and Tony were going away from Wednesday through Sunday.

Some of them were leaving on Thursday during the day for family get togethers but coming back up at night. Reese was going with AJ and Tony to their parent's house and Chad was going home to Long Island.

Aiden just let out a chuckle and put his arm around me, "No can do Kaila, Zac already told me he'd personally strangle me if I told you where we're going." 

I glanced over at him with squinted eyes and a not so happy pout on my lips. "Fine...be that way." I said with a dramatic huff eyeing him evilly.

Aiden seemed like he was deep in thought for a moment, chewing down on the inside of his cheek as his eyes stared up at the ceiling.

"He said I couldn't tell you where we were going, but he didn't say I couldn't give you a hint...maybe you can guess, but one condition. I can only give you one hint and you get one guess." Aiden caved not being able to stand me giving him the stink eye.

My eyes lit up with excitement as I gave Aiden my cheesiest smile. "Ok what's the hint?"

"Umm..." Aiden's lip twitched up to one side as he thought hard about a hint to give me. "One word...seagulls."

Seagulls? WTH type of hint is that?!? The only thing I can think of is how much I hate those flying rats! They were all over the beaches in Long Island...snatching everybody's food and pooping all over everything!

Wait a sec...are we going home to Long Island...is that the surprise? What the hell type of surprise is that...going home to an empty house?

"Oh god no, are we all going back to Long Island?" I asked Aiden in horror as I let out a slow breath.

Aiden just laughed at me and shook his head. "Whomp-whomp...sorry sweetness wrong guess."

"So we're not going to Long Island? Whew...thank goodness for that!" I grinned wiping the fake sweat off my forehead with the back of my palm.

"Trust me, you'll love where we're going." Aiden winked as he walked off to serve some customers.

"Ready to know where we're going?" Zac asked as he put the last of our bags into the trunk.

I stood next to him with my arms folded across my chest as I tilted my head forward and peered at him from under my sunglasses.

"Oh, now I get to be included in the plans?" I asked placing a hand over my heart pretending to be touched.

Zac tried his hardest to fight back a smile from breaking out as he grabbed me into a bear hug. "Don't be like that baby...don't you know what tonight is?"

What was so special about tonight? It's just Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Anyone know what's so special about today cuz I sure as hell didn't.

"Don't look so puzzled, beautiful...it's the biggest party night ever." Zac answered like it was so obvious.

"Whoooooooooooo...par-tay time!" Aiden screamed running down the steps and throwing his bag into our trunk.

"So...that still doesn't answer where we're going." I said shrugging my shoulders and throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Gambling and partying all night at the clubs." Chad said as he came up behind me and threw an arm lazily around my shoulders. "Is that a good enough answer?"

"NO WAY!!!!" I screamed, my voice echoing throughout the apartment complex parking lot. "We're going to AC?"

I was so excited, I've always wanted to go to Atlantic City! I know we live in New York which was full of excitement, but something about the slot machines and thought of winning lots of money just intrigued me!

"We're staying at Harrah's." Zac said as he began dancing his way over to me, music pumping from the speakers of his Escalade. We were waiting for everyone else to arrive so we could head down together. "We're gonna hit up all the clubs in the casino's. Hopefully win alot of money while we're at it."

Laughing at his sillyness I started dancing too, all of a sudden Chad came up from behind and trapped me in a human sandwich as we danced like dummies in the parking lot.

Maybe Thanksgiving weekend wasn't going to be so bad after all. I get to spend it with my favorite people doing what we do best...PARTY!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 20.5K 50
Second book of 'The Nerd Can Fight' Series *You'll need to read the first book to understand this one* After Adam's memory loss, Cassandra struggled...
541 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...
84 1 19
This story is about two medical school students who's dreams are to become surgeons. Zahil is a rich, fun guy who likes to joke around but when he g...
10.3M 715 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...