The Baby Project

By DroppedJem

When it comes to seventeen-year-olds Aurora “Rory” West and Kale Mathews, there is no such thing as the conce... More

Preview (Character Information)
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4+5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 8 Continued
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11+12
Day 12 Continued [Part 1]
Day 12 Continued [Part 2]
Day 13
Day 14 (Preview)
Day 14 (Full)
Day 14 Continued (Special Announcement: Now Closed)
Day 14 Continued (Part II)
Rory and Liam (Contest Winner!) Not a real chapter!
Day 15
Day 16 (Part 1)
Day 16 (Part 2)
Day 16 (Part 3)
Day 17
Day 18
Day 18 (Night Scene)
Day 18 (Night Scene Continued)
Day 19 (Part 1)
Day 19 (Part 2)
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22 (Part 2)
Part 1 (Flashback)
Part 2 (Flashback)
Part 3 (Flashback)
Information
Day 25
Not A Chapter

Day 22 (Part 1)

342K 7.2K 5.4K
By DroppedJem

Author's Note *Important*

I don't know how many times I have to emphasize this but here we go...

1) I update whenever I have free time

2) I update whatever length I want the chapter to be

3) I am REALLY busy. Like REALLY, REALLY, REALLY busy.

These past two months I have been very occupied with my Mosque, volunteering, and school activities and I've been finding it very difficult to write. Usually, when I write it takes me hours-It's a long and tiring process. I don't know if it's just me as a person or all authors feel this way, but with the pressure to write and update every week, writing is becoming like a chore. Of course, the aftermath of writing a chapter is awesome! I get to hear what you guys have to say! However, along with the awesome comments, come a lot of 'Update, Update now or I'm going to hurt you, etc' comments. 

These I've never really understood (and still won't understand) because the more you rush an author, the worse their writing's going to be. 

So, basically:

Good: Asking when the next update will be (ONLY IF I DON'T POST IT ON MY BIO STATUS)

Bad: Repeatedly asking when the next update is when I already posted and messaged about it, immediately telling me to update when I just did two minutes ago, threatening me to update 

(If you're still reading this- comment 'I like Kale's face!')

I know that it is unfair to wait so long and when you finally get a chapter- it's a short, crappy one. Nonetheless, it doesn't make it anymore okay to call people liars or any other offensive language. Do I like making you guys wait? Of course not! I wouldn't like it myself! However, that doesn't make it anymore okay for me to go bug some one or threaten them. 

I really do want to write for you all. That's literally my main purpose on this site- to make you  all happy. But I need to do so in respect to my own free time. 

Now, I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I just hope you guys understand.  

The chapters should get better by the end of this month because by that time I will be done with debate and speech. 

Just as a warning, this chapter is short and bleh.

Also, on a side note, my instagram has become cat fight central?

__________

Day 22 (Part 1)

__________

Aurora

I awake to an arm wrapped around my torso and my legs entangled with Kale's. Even with the earliness of the morning, my cheeks burn red at the intimacy of our position. 

'Oh please. It's not the position you're blushing about.' I flush darker at my conscience's words.

She was talking about the not-so-innocent thoughts running through my mind at the moment. I sigh in response. Nothing could get past her could it...

'Maybe it's because- oh I don't know- We're the same person maybe?! Idiot.' 

Rolling my eyes at my sassy inner voice, I direct my attention to Kale once again.

I smile. His lips were slightly parted and a slight frown graced his face. 

My eyes travel up to his eyelashes. Eyelashes that were obviously made to make women jealous as hell.  I mean they were so long and thick that they easily outranked mine about ten gazillion times. 

Cautiously, I try to pry his arm off of me.

It wouldn't budge. 

I try once again- only to get the same result. "Kale." I whisper, running my hand through his hair. He slightly shifts in response.

"Kale." I repeat louder this time. Lazily, one eye pops open to look at me in annoyance. However, within a second, it soon shuts and a grumpy Kale snuggles his head into the crook of my neck. 

I chuckle. "Kale, you have to leave before my parents see. Also, we have to go to school." He groans in response, "Screw school." Pecking his cheek, I try to move his arm from my body once again. "Well, seeing that it's not an actual human being, I don't think I can screw it."

Lifting his head up, he glares. "You are such a smart ass sometimes."

"All the times actually. Now can you let go of me?" 

"No."

"Kale! It's 6:30!"

Again, he buries his head in the nape of my neck. "Exactly sweetheart. School starts at eight."

"Of all people, I thought you would be the easiest to wake up early in the morning Mr. I-wake-up-at-five-to-run-shamelessly-shirtless.

"Usually, but not today." Kale states. "I just want to lay here forever with you."

I roll my eyes. "You are so cheesy Kale Mathews."

"What can I say? It's a gift."

"Can you move now?"

"Nope."

"I have to pee."

"That's not going to work on me babe."

I pout. "Well, I guess I'll just go on you then."

"Sounds erotic."

Gasping, I slap my pig of a boyfriend's chest. "Kale Mathews! You are disgusting!"

He laughs and moves his arm. "Fine. You can go, but you have to come back and lay here with me some more."

With a happy squeal I jump out of bed and quietly walk down the hall to my bathroom. The first thing I do when I close the door? Grab the toothbrush.

Why? Because morning breath is definitely no one's friend.

After cleaning up and doing my morning routine, I jump back into bed. Or more specifically- I jump onto Kale who is in the same position he was in when I left him.

"Rory!" He heaves out. Giggling, I cover his mouth. "Shh! You have to be quiet, you doofus."

Kale turns so he's lying flat on his back with me right on top of him. "Don't call me a doofus, you dummy."

"Don't call me a dummy, you butthead."

Kale raises his eyebrow in amusement. "Butthead?"

I nod in response. "You got a problem with that, butthead?"

"Not really, dummy." He replies with a smirk. Narrowing my eyes at him, I try to get off of him.

But before I can leave, he grabs me and sits me up so that I'm straddling him.

'Dammit.' I mentally say as a familiar tingle makes its way across my cheeks.

"Kale..." I warn.

He looks at me, the smirk still in place, with a playful glint in his eyes. "What?"

I clear my throat. "Nothing." 

I could feel everything and it didn't help that my mind constantly filled itself with very... interesting images. 

Damn you stupid hormones!

"Are you sure?" His eyes were still on me to see what I would do.

I narrow my eyes. Oh, game on!

Slowly, I raise my hands outwards and stretch. To the ceiling, to my right, left, behind. The constant movement of my arms caused the slightest shift in my bottom that sat directly above Kale's friend. 

Kale takes a sharp intake of breath. "Ror-"

"What?" I ask innocently, sliding off.

He glares at me. "That wasn't nice."

Shrugging my shoulders, I briefly kiss his lips. "Who said I was nice?"

"You-"

Kale's cut short by the sound of his own cough. I eye him in worry. "That doesn't sound too good." 

With an eye roll, Kale kisses me softly. "I'm-" Again, he coughs harshly.

"You're getting sick." 

My boyfriend shakes his head before pulling the covers over his head. "I'm fine."

I tug on the sheets. "Let me feel your forehead."

He doesn't budge. "Kale!"

"What?!" He yells exasperatedly, throwing off the covers. 

"Quiet down! I just need to see if you're running a high temperature."

It takes a while for him to agree, but eventually he does. 

"I don't know why you have to check," He grumbles. "I told you I'm fine."

"Maybe because you were in the freezing rain last night with no jacket on? You could have pneumonia for all I know!"

He half-coughs and half-laughs. "I don't have pneumonia sweetheart."

I place my hand on his forehead and immediately frown. "You are burning up like crazy!"

"No-" He coughs. "That's just my sexiness seeping through my skin."

"You're ridiculous." I stand up.

"Where are you going?" 

"Downstairs to get some soup. Now, stay here and don't move."

Kale pulls the covers over his head again. "Wasn't planning on it."

With a scoff in his direction, I walk myself downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey hon!" Mom stands there in a black business skirt and a white blouse."Why aren't you ready yet?"

"I woke up late." The lie tumbles out easily. "Where are you going?"

She grabs her purse and gives me a kiss. "Dad and I have a meeting with one of the bakery's investors in downtown. We're going to be dropping Vienna off at Preschool. Do you need us to give you a ride?"

 I tell her no and ask her if I should pick Vienna up after school.

"Cyan will be picking Vienna up after his college classes. No need to worry about her."

"Oh ok."

"I'll see you tonight then honey! Hurry up and don't be late to school! Bye"

I wave goodbye as she disappears through the garage door. Well, at least I didn't have to deal with my parents this morning.

Quickly, I heat a bowl of chicken noodle soup up for Kale. Glancing at the clock, I almost shout in surprise. It was 7:30!

Now I understand why my mom said to hurry up... because I was probably going to be late school!

Shoot!

After the soup is done heating up, I carefully carry it up into my room. 

"Kale, I got you soup." I say, placing it on the dresser next to my bed. "Make sure you drink it all or else you will feel like crap the rest of the day."

He groans in response.

"Come on you big baby. I have to go get ready for school, but I expect that bowl to be empty before I leave." 

"Or you could stay?" Kale says, sliding up to lean against the backboard of  my bed. 

Biting my lip, I seriously consider blowing off school for a second. I mean come on! Go to school or stay at home with a super hot boyfriend? Which one do you think I would prefer more?"

"I can't Kale." I say finally. "My parents may be lenient about a lot of things but school is not one of them."

I walk over and give him a kiss, "But I'll call during lunch to check up on you okay?"

"Okay."

"Now, hurry up and drink the soup butthead."

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever you say dummy."

__________________

A PICTURE OF KALE ON THE SIDE 

Again, not the best chapter, especially since you guys waited so long...

However, hopefully, my free time will increase at least a little bit by the end of this month.

____________________

Check out my interview! http://tianajade.weebly.com/droppedjem.html 

Instagram: manaal_ali

Twitter: its_manaal_yo

Tumblr: droppedjem

Ask FM: droppedjem

Email: officialdroppedjem@gmail.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 40.1K 55
♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any...
1.3M 56.1K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...
48.3K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
1.7K 213 41
Erica Davis did not have her life planned out like her friends did . If it was up to her , she would just leave her house and go work in a water park...