Love is a Fight

By lovely_minds

Ryder Russo. But most people call her 'Temper'. Tough. Rebellious. Much more of a fighter than a lover. Liter... More

cast list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (Part 1)
Chapter 2 (Part 2)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 17

2.1K 59 22
By lovely_minds

Ryder's P.O.V.

I'm still stressing out about opening up to Grayson. I've never told anyone my story before so I can't help to think I made a mistake. Tony only knows bits about my life and my past but that's from him piecing things together.

Our relationship has obviously changed. I smile thinking of how far we've come. From spilling my lunch on his 'precious jacket', to sitting on the roof talking. It's crazy how we went from completely hating each other, to actually being there and having someone to talk too.

I think about how everything is going with his mom. Then I think about everything happening with my dad. I sighed. I feel like we all need a break at life sometimes. A smile came to my face. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" Grayson mumbled.

"Hey we're going to the beach today" I smiled.

"No"

"No?"

"No."

"Grayson stop being an ass. We're going to the beach today with Nick and Veronica"

"Since when?"

"Since now. Get dressed and get your stuff together, I'll pick you up in a few"

"Ryder-" I hung up with a big smile. I guess now I have to call Nick and Veronica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I texted Veronica who said she would go. The thing is she thinks only the two of us are going. I didn't tell her Grayson was going because then she would think that she's 'third wheeling', and I didn't tell her Nick was going because she would be to nervous and back out. Plus I told her to wear a bikini to 'work on our tan'. Nick will thank me later.

I texted Nick asking him to come. He denied right away with fucking attitude might I add. But he quickly changed his mind when I told him Veronica was coming. I smirked as I changed into my swimsuit and threw on a tank top and shorts over it. I hopped in my car and made my way to Grayson's house. I texted him I was here and hummed along to a song on the radio as I waited for him to come out. He finally emerged from his front door with blue swimming trunks and a red tank top. He had sunglasses on and a snap back on backwards. Damn he looked good.

"Heyyy bitch" I smirked as he hopped into the passenger seat. He threw me a glare and took his sunglasses off, hooking them on his shirt.

"I seriously don't want to be here" he groaned as a I pulled out of his driveway and made my way to Nick's house.

"I figured you and I could both use a break" I said glancing over at him. He smiled slightly but that quickly turned into a scowl.

"Then why are Nick and Veronica coming?" he asked but honestly he seemed like he was trying to mask jealousy for a moment. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but quickly shook it off, and replaced it with a smirk.

"I decided to play matchmaker for the day. Well Veronica doesn't know Nick is going but it's fine. She'll secretly be really happy"

I finally pulled up to Nick's house. Him and Grayson did this weird man hug greeting thing then Nick jumped in the back seat. He popped his head in between me and Grayson's heads and kissed my cheek.

"Hey Ryder" he smiled.

"Hey Nick" I chuckled. Grayson growled and as I looked over I saw a pout cover his face. I let out an 'aw' and reached over and pinched his cheek. He rolled his eyes and pushed my hand away causing me to laugh again.

"Where's Veronica?" Nick asked impatiently.

"We're going to pick her up now dipshit" I rolled my eyes.

"Sweet" He smirked leaning back in his seat.

Once we got to Veronica's house, Nick was practically bouncing in his seat. I texted Veronica and Nick kept peeking his head out the window to look for her, Finally, I saw a genuine smile come over his face as Veronica walked out. She opened the passenger door and frowned when she saw Grayson sitting there. She quickly masked her disappointment and opened the door to the backseat. She was met with Nick's huge smile causing her to literally look like a deer in headlights.

"Hey babe" Nick smirked still waiting for Veronica to get in.

"I didn't know you were coming" she furrowed her eyebrows then sent me a hard glare.

"Would you of changed your mind if you knew?" he asked. Veronica just huffed as she got in the backseat, not before I received a deadly look. Nick wrapped his arm around Veronica pulling her close as her cheeks turned a dark red shade. She pinched his arm and he let out a small yelp.

I rolled my eyes. This is gonna be a long ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrived at the beach without Veronica killing Nick for flirting with her the whole time. We set up a spot on the sand as I looked over at Grayson. He still looked like he was in a bad mood. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Brighten up sunshine, you're here to have fun" I smiled.

"How can I have fun knowing my mom is literally dying at home" he asked. My smile instantly dropped. I quickly reached up and cupped his face in my hands.

"You need a break Grayson. I know it's hard not being with her right now but you are going to run yourself down. Just use this day to take a deep breathe and relax. Worry free"

He surprised me by wrapping his arms around me.

"Thank you" he whispered but I knew his gratefulness was more then for just taking him to the beach. So I just sent a smile before unwrapping myself from him. I took my shirt and shorts off while he bit his lip and watched.

" Can I help you?" I asked sassily raising my eyebrows and putting my hands on my hips.

"Nope, just admiring the view" He said putting his hands up in surrender. I rolled my eyes and looked over to Veronica who was still fully dressed.

"Come on Ronnie, You are beautiful, Nick will be drooling over you" I exclaimed pulling at her wrist.

"I don't know Ry. I don't think-" I cut her off by giving her a cold glare. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before slowly taking her clothes off. When she finished, she refused to take her eyes off the ground, while Nick refused to take his eyes off her.

"Damn babe, you're fucking hot" He whistled, eyeing her up and down.

"T-thank you" she whispered rubbing her hand up an down her arm shyly.  I grabbed her wrist pulling her towards the ocean hoping the boys would get the message to follow behind us. She looked at me with wide eyes then her mouth spread into a smile.

"Did you hear that?!?! He called me hot!!" She jumped up and down in excitement. We both turned around as the boys laughed at Veronica's obvious celebration. She put her head in her hands, "I am literally the most embarrassing person on planet earth"

I laughed and was about to tell her that at least aliens are probably more embarrassing than her but I was cut off. Nick ran up from behind Veronica and threw her over his shoulder. He then did a full on sprint for ocean.

"Nick!" Veronica yelled pounding on his back, "put me down!!"

I smirked but was quickly surprised as I felt Grayson wrap his arms around me. He picked me up bridal style and smirked as he walked towards the ocean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall it was an insanely fun day that I felt was well needed.

We're currently sitting on the ground in the middle of this big empty plaza. We got ice cream and watched the sunset. Ew that sounded corny as fuck.

I'm sitting up with my back against a tree drinking a chocolate milkshake. Grayson is laying with his head on my lap but he didn't get anything claiming his'God like figure didn't come from eating like crap'. Of course it made me roll my eyes. Instead the asshole keeps taking sips from my milkshake.

Grayson opened his mouth signalling he wanted a sip without actually saying anything. I laughed as I held the milkshake up to his mouth while my other hand subconsciously played with his hair. His lips curved around the straw and I'm not gonna lie, I may or may not have let out a giggle. What can I say? I kind of like this playful side of Grayson.

A loud laugh broke me out of my thoughts as I recognized it belonging to Nick.

"When are you guys just gonna make out already?" Nick questioned causing Gray and I to simultaneously roll our eyes.

"Look who's talking," I shot back, "You couldn't keep your hands of Veronica sine we got here"

It was true as Nick and Ronnie sat there eating their ice cream. Nick had an arm locked securely around her waist as Veronica had her head rested on her chest. But due to my little comment Veronica blushed a deep shade of red and dug her head deeper into his chest in embarrassment. Nick smiled genuinely as he looked down at her tightening his grip around her.

"Come on Ryder, can you blame me? Look at her, she's a fucking model!" Nick exclaimed. My first reaction was to roll my eyes thinking he was just saying that so he'll somehow be able to get her in bed with him but as I looked into his eyes I realized he was speaking from the heart.

"You better treat her good, or else we'll be going one on one in the ring" I warned.

"Yes Ms. Russo" he smiled goofily, causing me to shake my head. I looked out over the ocean to see the cool sun slowly set.

"This is perfect" I looked down at Grayson as he spoke but his eyes were focused on the sunset in front of us, "I'm here with my best friend and his girl, and my girl not having to worry about life. I can just sit here and relax and just fucking enjoy life. This shit's beautiful"

Although I knew I should sit in silence and just enjoy this serene moment with Grayson I couldn't help but make a fool of myself and open my big ass mouth.

"Your girl?" I questioned, The two words seeming to be the only words I could find to roll off my tongue. Grayson smiled showing of the dimple on his right cheek as he look up at me with those stunning gray eyes.

"Yeah, you're my girl" he simply stated but that wasn't good enough for me.

"Um since when? Cause last time I checked you were locking lips with Kylie"

He looked up sending me a harsh glare. Yikes. But I mean come on, am I wrong? He was practically sucking the saliva out of her against the lockers at school.

"Sure I made out with her and maybe did some other stuff, but that doesn't mean shit. Knock off the jealousy crap cause you had that creep Ryan for a while. As a dude I have my needs and Kylie just so happened to be there to fulfill them, that doesn't mean she's my girl"

My mouth hung open while I pushed his stupid ass head off my lap.

"So she's just your sex toy then? Well fuck you cause I ain't nobody's bitch" I stormed off. I didn't know where I was going but I had to get away from that fucking imbecile. I kept walking until I reached a park bench a little ways down the beach. I put my elbows on my knees as my hands went o get entangled with my hair. Deep breath Ryder. Don't let some asshole make you anger come out. I felt someone sit next to me and I was about to knock them the fuck out when I felt a small hand get placed on my back. I knew right away it couldn't be Nick or Grayson.

"He keeps fucking with my head Ronnie. One day he likes me, the next day he hates me. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with but it fucking hurts. He needs to chill with his moodiness, it's pissing me the fuck off"

I felt her small hand come up and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry Ry, you don't deserve any of this. What he said was messed up and you deserve an apology" Veronica's soft voice spoke calming me down, "But good job standing up for yourself. You are not a toy and you don't deserve to be treated like one"

"Thanks Ronnie" I smiled at her but put my head back in my hands, "God, he's such a dickbag"

"Yes, he is a dickbag" she said calmly but then I heard her gasp, "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to curse"

I let out a loud laugh, my bad mood quickly diminishing.

"Fuck I love you kid"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Yikes on bikes it's been a minute 😬
I've been re reading this story and I think it's horribly written but if you guys want me to continue I will lol
Lmk or message me :)
- Fighting Turtle 🐢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.6K 1K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
55.6K 2K 37
This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression or anything at all. Keep fighting 'cause...
444K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...