Somewhere To Belong

By Engie_fangirl

Reid goes to the only place where he knows he can be safe after the happenings of season 4 episode 3: Minimal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 10

1.1K 31 31
By Engie_fangirl

As his and Aaron's relationship keeps flourishing, Spencer spends more and more time at the Hotchner house during the week and weekend and today happened to be such a time. It was Saturday evening and the team was on stand down for the weekend after the intense case they had finalised the previous day.

Aaron was in the kitchen putting the final touches on dinner while Jack and Spencer were busy setting the table.

J: Spencer, I want to ask you a very serious question.

SR: ... Okay?

J: When are you moving in with us?

SR: Jack.

J: You spend most of your time here, it would be easier if you just moved in then you wouldn't have to constantly move between places.

AH: He does have a point. (He said coming into the dining room with a dish in his hands.

SR: Aaron. (He sighed)

AH: Don't worry, we won't force you. We just want you to know that the option is always on the table if you ever want to consider it.

J: Consider quickly because my dad isn't as young as he use to be.

SR: Your son is crazy, you know that right?

AH: Not my son, I brought him in one night when I caught him rummaging through the garbage.

J: Firstly, I'm not a stray and secondly, I've got Hotchner blood flowing through my veins now let's eat.

AH: Say Grace first.

...

...

Spencer and Aaron were busy doing dishes after dinner while Jack was off in his room doing 'important things'

SR: Don't you think it's too soon for us to be moving in together?

AH: It was just a suggestion, darling.

SR: I know but I've been thinking and I've realised that it isn't such a ridiculous idea but I'm scared that it's too soon.

AH: Jack's right, you do spend most of your time here and moving in wouldn't be all that different.

SR: Except that I would have to move into your bedroom.

AH: No, it's not a requirement. You can stay in the guest room for as long as you want.

SR: But if I do this then I want to do it right. My lease is up in two months so I have until then to decide.

AH: Two months. (He smiled leaning in to give Spencer a kiss)

...

The following week's Sunday had the team over at Rossi's house for Sunday dinner with family. Everyone was outside waiting for the food to be served except for Reid who was inside with Henry and Jack who decided that they'd rather watch TV over listing to adults boring talk.

AH: There's something that I need to tell you or actually there's something I had to tell you with Reid but it looks as though he's gone into hiding.

JJ: I'll go get him.

AH: Good luck.

...

JJ found the three of them in the living room on the couch in front of the TV, the boys on either side of Reid.

JJ: Spence.

SR: Yes.

JJ: You can't leave Hotch alone out there to tell the team.

SR: Why, he's a big boy. He can totally handle it.

JJ: Spencer Reid.

SR: I'm willing to go, I know everything.

SR: No! Stay away, you devil child. (He rushed out causing the other occupants of the room to laugh) Let's go before Jack gets any ideas.

...

DM: Pretty Boy, glad you could finally join us.

SR: I didn't have much of a choice. Your son is a menace, Hotch.

JJ: I can go get him, he's willing to tell everyone everything.

SR: Moving on.

AH: Okay so, we thought that it would be best to tell you guys before things get even more serious. Reid and I are in a relationship and we have been for a while now.

SR: It's all consensual and I'm not being forced because Hotch is my boss.

DR: You know what I think Aaron, I'm glad you finally took the chance.

JJ: Yeah, I agree with Rossi, Spence.

SR: Morgan?

DM: ... If you guys have been together for a while now, why are you only telling us now?

SR: Hotch is my superior so we had to see for ourselves if this could work, to see if Hotch would show me any favouritism and he hasn't.

AH: I had to see if I could remain partial, so we've decided to tell you guys because you're our family and we all have to work together. And if we could work as well as we always have been then when we tell Cruz he won't have a reason to move either of us.

DM: As long as Reid is happy, I'm okay with it all but I'll be watching you Hotch.

AH: I wouldn't expect anything less, Morgan. (He said and everyone laughed)

The following two weeks have been a mess of cases, court appearances and finally packing. Spencer finally decided to move into the Hotchner house at the end of the month, leaving his apartment empty for the last month of his lease since money wasn't really an issue for him.

The team helped Spencer move into the Hotchner house and afterward everyone had barbeque supplied by the newly minted Hotchner men.

They used the following month to prove to themselves and the team that they could all still do the job as well as they have been for the last couple of years. A month after the big move and everything has been going well so Aaron and Spencer decide that it's finally time for them to tell Cruz.

...

MC: So let me get this straight, the two of you have been in a relationship for the last three months.

SR: Approximately, yes.

MC: Does the team know?

AH: Yes, we told them a month ago because they're our family but also so that we could have come proof under our belt that nothing has changed in our work setting when we finally decide to come tell you.

MC: You know that you could have just kept it quiet and not have to deal with any scrutiny?

SR: My change of residence would only go unnoticed for so long, Sir.

MR: Change of... okay. I will have to talk to Agent Reid to make sure that everything is on the up and up, then I'll talk to a few of your teammates and the two of you have to make an appointment with HR this week still.

AH: We will, thank you Sir.

MC: You're excused for now Agent Hotchner, thank you.

AH: Good day.

...

SR: I know you want to talk to me because Agent Hotchner is my superior but he isn't forcing or blackmailing me into anything. (He rushed out when Hotch left)

MC: I know Agent Reid relax, besides, I think I'd hear about Agent Morgan assaulting Agent Hotchner if that were the case.

SR: Yeah probably, so then why did you ask me to stay behind?

MC: Because it's my job to make sure that all the agents under my charge are okay.

SR: I am, I really am. (He beamed)

MC: I can see. I don't have any objections with your relationship unless it affects work and it doesn't look like it is so you get my stamp of approval.

SR: Thank you very much, Sir.

MC: It's a pleasure and don't forget your appointment with HR.

SR: We won't. Good day.

...

...

Jack, Spencer and Aaron were having dinner together that night, cooked by all three of them, a tradition they started. They cooked at least one meal together weekly.

J: An awesome meal cooked by the three Hotchner men.

AH: You mean two Hotchner's and a Reid?

J: No, I mean three Hotchner's.

SR: I just moved in Jack, we didn't get married.

J: Not yet.

SR: Oh, this is how it started last time. Let's get rid of him Aaron, were good at our jobs no one will ever figure out that it was us.

J: Dad!

AH: Spence, stop trying to get rid of my son. Son stop weirding my boyfriend out.

J: No dad, that's just no.

SR: I agree with Jack.

AH: Oh no, now you're agreeing on things again. Someone help me.

SR: We love you too Aaron.

AH: Okay fine I love you too... both of you.

J: So do I!

...

The End

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693K 20.7K 33
Spencer Reid has always felt alone. He's grown accustomed to it, so it doesn't really bother him. But when someone he recognizes from his past start...
6.5K 104 41
Spencer never really had a childhood, his father absent and his mother a schizophrenic. Rossi and Hotch step in and help him out, something to help h...
269K 6.6K 42
"𝙏𝙖𝙜, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Maya Regan, a newcomer joining the BAU after former agent Emily Prentiss has recently died and Maya was hired to take her...
3.7K 201 6
"He loved her so much that it almost took his breath away." | book 2 | seasons 4-5 | | tw: blood, murder, all the yucky stuff in the show [and smut...