Somewhere To Belong

By Engie_fangirl

Reid goes to the only place where he knows he can be safe after the happenings of season 4 episode 3: Minimal... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

2K 40 18
By Engie_fangirl

Spencer Reid's POV

It was Friday night and we were all off rotation for the weekend and I didn't feel like spending the night alone after the day that I had had an Morgan was out enjoying himself, so I decided to go to a house I knew I'd always be welcomed at.

Knock! Knock!

Aaron Hotchner: Reid! Hi. (He smiled, wiping his flourey hands on a cloth.

Spencer Reid: Uhm. H-hi.

AH: Did you need something, come inside.

SH: No, uh... you look busy it's okay.

AH: Nonsense, Jack and I were just making our own pizzas but it can wait. What's wrong Reid?

SR: After... after today, I didn't really want to be alone and Morgan and the others went but I didn't want to be around so many people so I decided to come here but I don't want to bother you so I'll just leave. (He said turning around to walk away)

AH: Spencer Reid.

SR: Sir?

AH: Come inside, Jack will be happy to see you and I'd be glad to have some mature company.

SR: If you're sure.

AH: I am, now come in. You can put your bag on the couch over there.

SR: Thank you, Hotch.

...

AH: Look who's here, Jack.

Jack: Spencer! (He cheered running over to him but stopping before giving him a hug)

SR: What's wrong?

J: I have flour on my hands, I'll make you dirty.

SR: I'll survive. (He smiled, opening his arms)

Jack rushed over to him and gave him a very big hug which had Spencer smiling even wider.

AH: The dough's probably done resting now, we can each make our own pizza.

SR: I'm happy to watch.

J: No, there's enough for three, right dad?

AH: Yes there is and I'm pretty sure I told a little boy to clean up here.

J: I forgot?

AH: Sure you did, we're not starting before this table in clean, mister.

J: Spencer?

AH: Nope, your job, buddy.

J: Fine. (He sighed)

AH: Reid, can you get the two mason jars in the fridge filled with sauce please.

SR: You make it yourself? (He asked taking the jars out)

AH: No, Jack's grandparents sent it with him last weekend.

After Jack finished cleaning the table, Hotch took out the dough that had been resting in the fridge and separated it into three blobs for each of them.

SR: Hotch, I'm gonna go get my glasses quickly, my eyes are starting to hurt.

AH: No contacts?

SR: No, I sort of forgot.

AH: ...Okay.

When Reid returned to the kitchen Jack stared at Hotch then at Reid before turning back to his dad.

J: Hotch.

AH: Excuse me young man?

J: You two do know that you're at home right?

SR & AH: ...Yes.

J: So, dad his name is Spencer. And Spencer, that's my dad.

AH: So you want him to call me dad?

J: No. His name is Aaron.

SR: It's a force of habit Jack. We're together at work everyday where we need to be professional so I guess it just sticks.

J: But you're not at work anymore.

AH: His right. That's your work station Spencer. (He emphasised)

SR: Thank you, Aaron. (He said in the same tone Hotch did)

J: Okay don't abuse it now. (He sighed going over to his pizza station)

The men laughed before they got into their pizzas. They each made a different one, tailored to their likes with all the ingredients available in the Hotchner household. After all three pizzas were put into the oven, they cleaned up the mess they made in the kitchen.

AH: Jack, I'll give you the honour of setting the table.

J: I always set it.

AH: I always cook.

SR: Maybe you can switch?

J: Yes.

AH: Not for another few years because I don't want to eat cereal every night.

J: I'd cook.

AH: And I don't want my house to burn down.

J: Fine.

SR: I'll help you, come on.

J: Okay. You grab the plates and I'll take the cups and utensils.

SR: Because I know where they are?

AH: Here. (He smiled opening the cupboard behind Reid)

...

Hotch stood with his elbows against the breakfast table watching with a smile as his son and Reid started setting the dining table. He was lost starring at the two of them when the oven timer dinged.

...

J: I'm really glad you're here, Spencer.

SR: I am too, Jack. I'm having a lot of fun.

J: Me too and so is my dad even though he won't say it himself.

SR: How do you know?

J: He's smiling, like a lot more than usual which is really good.

SR: Yes it is. (He said just as Hotch brought the pizzas in)

He set each pizza in front of it's owner before taking his place. Jack and Spencer were sitting across from each other at the end of the table leaving the head of the table open for Hotch. The older man sat between the two of them before Jack volunteered to say grace.

...

AH: You know the rule Jack?

J: Everyone has to get at least one piece of my pizza.

AH: Right now...

J: And I get at least one piece or more of everyone's pizzas.

AH: Yeah right. You get one and that's it.

SR: So I give both you and Jack one of mine and you give me one of yours?

AH: Yes, so we can all get a taste of the other's 'creations'.

SR: If I'd known that, I would have put something crazy on mine.

J: Spencer, you still have to eat it, you know that right.

SR: Whatever. (He said causing Hotch to laugh before immediately stopping when the two of them looked at him) Okay, let me taste what Mr. Jack Hotchner made.

J: And? (He asked expectantly)

SR: And Mr. Aaron Hotchner's. (He smiled)

The three of them shared their pizzas and enjoyed each other's company. After they finished eating Spencer decided to do the dishes because Hotch had already done so much and Jack volunteered to help him. Hotch decided to go take a shower trusting that Reid and Jack would be okay alone.

After his shower, Hotch came down to the two of them watching something on TV.

AH: Spencer, I set out some clothes if you want to take a shower.

SR: I would appreciate that, I forgot my go bag too... Thank you, Aaron.

AH: No problem. (He smiled)

...

Spencer went to got take a quick shower while the father and son kept each other company in the living room. When he finished he got dressed in the old FBI shirt and pyjama bottoms that Hotch put out and joined them.

Jack tried staying awake for longer but his body seemed to be disagreeing with him.

AH: Jack, buddy. I think it's time for bed now.

J: But I don't want to sleep, dad.

AH: You've had a long day, you need your rest.

J: But Spencer's till here. (He whined)

AH: I know.

J: Will you be here in the morning? (He turned and asked Spencer)

Aaron and Spencer had a silent conversation with one another with their eyes before they turned their full attention to Jack.

SR: Yes, I'll be here in the morning.

J: Okay good, now can you read me a bed time story?

SR: Aren't you a little too old for those now?

J: Mm-hm but I want to hear one from you, please.

SR: Okay which one?

J: Something from your head.

SR: Mm, I think I might have one that you'd like.

J: Okay, I'll g get ready for bed. Good night dad. (He said giving him a hug before running off)

SR: Call me when you're settled in bed.

...

AH: You don't have to stay if you don't want to, Jack will understand.

SR: No, I uh... I really want to?

AH: Okay, as long as you're sure.

SR: I am.

J: Spencer!

SR: Coming!

...

Spencer smiled at Aaron before going upstairs to Jack's room. He sat in the bed with Jack's head on his chest and started telling him a story.

Hotch came up half way and saw his son slowly falling asleep listening to the story Spencer was telling but what warmed his heart the most was the way that Spencer was holding Jack. He smiled before going downstairs to warm up water for coffee.

...

Spencer came down ten minutes later and Aaron handed him a cup of coffee before motioning towards the living room.

AH: Are you okay?

SR: I am... now.

AH: Do you want to talk about it?

SR: I don't know.

AH: I'll listen whenever you're ready.

...

SR: It's stupid you know. It wasn't like last time with Tobias, I knew you guys were there this time but it has me spooked. I wasn't even in there for that long but I guess I was too high on Dilaudid to even notice... another failure on my part I guess.

AH: It wasn't a failure, you worked and managed to get through it on your own without it having a negative effect on your life and job and I'm very proud of you for that.

SR: You are?

AH: Of course I am, you're amazing Spencer Reid and I don't only mean that mind of yours.

SR: Uh, thank you Aaron. You have no idea what that means coming from you.

AH: It's well deserved. (He smiled causing Spencer to blush)

After seeing the blush forming on Spencer's face, Aaron vowed to try his best to make it happen every chance he got. The two men spent a few more hours talking each finishing another cup of coffee before they both decided to call it a night at around 1.am.

...

B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 316 21
A gang operation is shut down and the BAU finds a young lady who was brought into the midst of it. They bring her to safety, and Dr Reid seems to tak...
48.2K 898 31
The secret love between Emily and JJ had been increasing for years, yet neither knew of the others feelings. JJ held back from her abusive boyfriend...
28.6K 539 21
You've been working for the BAU for couple years and was sent undercover on a dangerous mission. As you came back, you saw someone new in the team. ...
21.5K 346 9
There's a cult and the BAU is there to find 5 missing girls. After checking what everyone thought was an empty barn Reid is kidnapped and held with t...