Living on the Lone Side

By Buddymykitty

Six cats-Boulder, Moss, Minnow, Ivy, Ember, and Fawn-have been kicked out of their home after their owners le... More

Welcome!
Characters
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

2 1 0
By Buddymykitty

Boulder stared at the night sky. Countless stars seemed to be looking down at him. With a shiver, he knew that his parents was staring at him from the stars, waiting for his chance to say something. But what...?

Boulder sighed. He hoped the others' parents would come to them in their dreams. He didn't even know if Shadow would come to him...he doubt that. Moss and Minnow were the younger cats, and his younger siblings. So Shadow should appear in their dreams.

Still, to actually see his father for the first time sparked a father-son relationship. He wondered why he never seen Shadow...he'll probably ask Shadow after he seen Moss and Minnow.

"Boulder? Are you ok?" Ivy slipped beside him and bumped her head against his shoulder. "You seemed stress today," she said. She sat down beside him and lifted her face to catch a breeze the blew toward them.

"Beautiful tonight, isn't it?" Ivy whispered. She glanced at forest and added, "Lets get back inside. It's going to be cold tonight." Boulder nodded and followed her inside.

Moss and Ember were curled up next to each other. Ember lifted his head when they entered. He gave a small snort before falling back asleep.

Boulder followed Ivy to the back of the den. There, she curled up and fell asleep. Boulder sat laid next to her and breathed her sweet scent. The scent overwhelmed him, and he drifted off the sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boulder sat in a sandy clearing. He blinked, then looked around. The clearing was surrounded by thorn bushes. Standing up, Boulder trotted to on of the thorn bushes.

Something flashed out of the corner of his eye. He whirled around, ready to defend himself, but something crash into him.

He hissed, and battered at his ambusher's belly. The ambusher reared up and hissed. Catching a glimpse of her, Boulder realized the attacker had gray fur and unusually blue eyes.

Hissing, the she-cat limped to the other side of the clearing. Her eyes glimmered with amusement. "Flight was right," she purred. "You're always alert." Boulder dug his sharp claws into the ground. "And I will do anything to protect myself and my friends," he growled.

"Let me introduce myself," the she-cat said. She walked up to him and sat down, drawing her tail close to her chest. "My name is Feather. I am Shadow's mate, and your mother." Feather purred and licked her son's ear.

Boulder's eyes grew round. This was her mother? She was smaller than him! Feather purred. "Surprising, I know," she said. "But you are right, I am on the small side." She glanced down at her body and shook her head.

"That is not why I have come," she said, her eyes narrowing. "Shadow had left out some, well...details. I've come to tell you that what he meant last night was the Skytrail...did he tell you about this yet?"

Boulder shook his head, suddenly interested. Shadow was fading away about the time he reached to "Skytrail". Feather nodded her head. "Ok, the Skytrail was used by many cats. Of course, you'll probably hear many different things cats call them these days.

"The Skytrail leads to...well now, I can't give everything away, can I?" Feather flicked her tail, eyes shining with mischievous.

"Just find the Skytrail," she said after a few seconds. Boulder fell silent. Skytrail? Was that like...somewhere in the sky? It sure sounded like it! Feather seemed to read his mind.

"You'll see what I'm talking about," she sighed. "The Skytrail is on the places where sun kisses peak good-morning and good-night. Be quick or you all..." Her voice trailed away, as so did her body.

No! Boulder thought. Don't fade! I was just getting answers to my questions! As if she could read his mind (which she probably can), Feather smiled and said, "We will meet again, Boulder, when you found the first sign." And just like that, she disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boulder woke up in his nest, stiff from sleeping in the same position of long. He rolled onto his back and stretched. He heard a muffled voice and scrambled to see Ivy spitting out fur. Her eyes were shining with amusement.

"Trying to kill me?" She said, flicking her tail across Boulder's nose. Boulder purred. "I didn't see you there!" He said, as Ivy sat up and licked her ruffled fur.

Ivy flicked her tail again and said, "Go eat. Ember and Fawn are hunting." Boulder nodded and slipped out of the den. Surprised, Moss looked up to see Boulder. "Oh, it's just you," she said with little welcoming. Quickly, she added, "Good morning," in a brighter tone before licking her chest fur.

Boulder nodded to her as he passed and stalked to the kill pile. A plump mouse was all that was left. Picking it up, he sat near the den and began tearing at the flesh.

As he chewed, he thought of what Feather told him. Was it true, that there was a trail that would lead them to a new home? And if so, that would mean the cats would have to leave. Leave a forest rich with prey, and numerous hiding spots, Boulder thought.

He was in deep thought so much he didn't hear Minnow talking to him. "Helloo?" Minnow snapped, highly annoyed. "Ember wants to see you!" Boulder swallowed and looked at his brother in surprise.

"Ember wants to see...me?" He asked, puzzled. "Yes! That's what I said, didn't I?" Minnow glared at Boulder before flicking his tail in annoyance and disappearing into the forest. Boulder watched him leave, then he scanned the clearing for Ember.

He was sitting with Moss, sharing a squirrel with her. He seemed peaceful...however, his eyes betrayed that he was confused and stressed. They finished their meal and Moss licked her mate's ear before padding over to Fawn.

Boulder took a deep breath. He and Ember didn't really get along good. In fact, they rarely got along...unless something was bothering the other. Boulder braced himself for a fight and padded to Ember.

He glanced up at Boulder and pushed aside the remains of his meal. "Hey," he said. "What's, uh-going on?" Boulder blinked and said, "Nothing much...you, er-wanted me?" Ember nodded.

"I...I-I had a dream last night," Ember stammered. "It had my mother, Flight, in it...she said that me and the rest of our companions had to move. She also said that your mother approached you in a dream, too."

"She did," Boulder said softly. "And yes, I knew that one of us beside me will get a dream," he added quickly, seeing Ember's expression. "Is that why you wanted me? To for once discuss this?"

Ember looked shock, than angry. His neck fur bristled and and under his coat muscles bunched together, ready for an attack. Boulder hissed, preparing for Ember to leap on him, but as quickly as is started, Ember relaxed.

"This is not the time to fight," he said. "We have more important matters to discuss. The main topic...do you think we should move?"

Stunned, Boulder looked at Ember with a blank expression on his face. Ember had asked him, out of all of he cats, him. But Ember was right. Boulder had the dream first, than him. It would be fair to discuss this privately, and without a fight.

Sighing, Boulder muttered, "Yes, I think we should." Now it was Ember's turn to look stun. "B-but what about Moss? Surely she can't handle such a long journey!" Boulder shook his head.

"Moss will be fine. Her kits won't be born in many sunrises, so she should manage." Boulder kneaded the ground and asked, "Do you approve?" Ember was silent before whispering, "Yes, I approve of leaving."

"Good." Boulder sat up and licked his chest fur. "Now here comes the real hard part-telling the others." Ember sighed. "Yes," he said. "That will definitely be hardest.

"Gather them," Ember spoke in a commanding tone. "We have to talk about this with everyone." Boulder dipped his head and walked off to find the rest.
*
~
*
"Why did you call us?" Ivy growled. "I could've had caught that juicy robin if it hadn't been for you too!" Boulder and Ember exchanged glances. Ivy had been in a bad mood ever since she lost her prey.

"Yes, why did you call us here?" Fawn searched Ember's face. "It's something serious," she finally said after a silent moment. Ivy hissed but said nothing.

Boulder cast one more glance at Ember. With a grim expression, he nodded. Boulder took a deep breath and stood up. "We need to leave," he said firmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omg, guys, sooooo sorry for the long wait. XD I have a lot of tests to study. Anyways, tell meh of you dink meh book was good or bad. I'm curious if wut you guys think about meh book :D

                                  ~Buddymykitty~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 2.4K 74
ဖအေကနေ သားကိုသွားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ်လမ်းသာဖြစ်ပါတယ် ဖေအက သားကိုသြားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ္လမ္းသာျဖစ္ပါတယ္
29.3K 671 44
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
109K 1.7K 20
bl . Taekook 🔞🔥 បម្រាម:ក្មេងក្រោម18ឆ្នាំ🙏 សូមអភ័យទោសរាល់ពាក្យពេចន៍មិនសមរម្យ🙏🔥
544K 18.5K 80
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...