His Last Choice

By LoveScripter

[BOOK 1] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... More

Before Reading
His Last Choice
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 6

145K 3.6K 247
By LoveScripter

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.* PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

Soren's POV

The man looked like he was about to sky rocket to the next galaxy when I mocked him with that cat joke. Alpha Ivan really needed to relax a bit. It's like he walks around thinking ninjas are living in the shadows waiting to attack him when he is defenseless on his toilet. 

"Dude, why do you provoke him? You know it's not going to earn you brownie points to ever liking you, or your father." Luca asked as we hollowed the group lead by Derrick to what they said was their private parking garage. 

"It's unintentional I assure you." I say, but he looks at me with an ever-knowing arch on his brow.

"Unintentional, right." He rolls his eyes. 

"What? I can't help it! He frowns at me like he's challenging me and my mouth opens on its own. You know how I am...it's the Alpha Blood!" I retort.

"Alpha Blood, excuses." He mutters and that makes me grin. 

To our surprise, Dad was able to convince Alpha Ivan to send our vehicles to the ISTAS estate. Eric practically grins from ear to ear when he sees his motorcycle. He was hopping where he stood eager to touch his bike and mound the cold piece of metal. 

"Hey" A car honked, jarring us from our thoughts. A black sedan stopped in front of us and the passenger widow rolled down . I thought i would see Derrick first, but it was the side of Peyton's face. Her gaze was preoccupied with something on her lap, either that or she was avoiding making eye-contact with me. Deep inside I was thrilled by the latter fact. 

"Here are your keys." He handed them to Peyton since he couldn't stretch his hands far enough to hand them to me. 

Peyton took them with both her palms like she was holding the water from the fountain of youth. Her action looked so silly to me, I thought it was adorable. When I took the keys from her remained to keep her head lowered. 

Look up, I thought mentally. 

"Good morning," I greeted Derrick. "Nice ride".  His beastly looking sports car vibrated as it's engine purred.

From the back of the car, I could hear Ash humming to some song she was listening to. Jackie's outline could be barely seen on the tinted window, but I could tell she was still reading that book from last night; I can hear a flip of a book. Tay was obviously texting away on her phone, by the familiar sound of tapping coming from her phone.

"Thanks." Derrick's albino features contrast his car, making him stand out. "Follow me and you won't get lost. It's impossible to get lost--the road is one way." 

"Sounds good." I say patting the roof of his car, which earned me a death glare from him. For a brief moment I see a pair of crystal eyes look at me and I don't waste the chance to meet eye-contact. "Peyton, I look forward to you tour me around my new school." 

Her eyes widened, but she quickly composed it. "Uhm...Maybe." She says and that was good enough for me. At least it wasn't a no.

"I look forward to it." A blush colored her cheeks, much to my growing delight.  Getting a reaction from her was so much more fun than irking her father. 

"Give me my keys man!" Eric was like a dog looking for his bone. 

"Here," I tossed it to him and also the other two at Luca and Daniel. "Let's get this day over with."

We soon realized the sheer gravity of how the ISTAS pack took to insure their secrecy and security. The technology built around their territory was way beyond what modern engineering has released in society. Our cars traveled through a dark tunnel with a streak of light on both ends to guide our vehicles through a long and endless road. 

No wonder they woke up so early in the morning. 

We drove our cars at a pace of 10mph down that tedious dark tunnel. 

Finally when we saw light at the end of that tunnel, I was astounded to see what else laid ahead. It was like taking a trip to SeaWorld; we were underneath the bottom of the lake encased by thick solid glass! Behind me two motorcycles followed--red and blue--along with a yellow hummer, which was driven and owned by Luca. I could just imagine my men with their mouths hanging, as aquatic life swam over our heads.

At the same time I felt the road slope up, we were engulfed in another tunnel. except this one was shorter. I heard Derrick honk three times before his brake lights turned on and he stopped--we all did. I was curious to why we stopped, but then I saw the top of the ceiling open. Our vehicles were carried up and then we were in view of the pubic road that lead down the mountain. 

I just know my dad would have a hay day if he got to witness what Alpha Ivan had. He was big on high-end technology and he would be disappointed to know that our territory was out of date. 

I saw Derrick waving his hand out of his window so I lowered my drivers side as well.  "It takes 10 minutes to get to school from here!" Derrick yelled and gave him an 'ok' gesture. 

The Redwood Pack school wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It was smaller than the high school school in my territory, but it looked brand new. The walls were red brick, the accent color (windows and doors) were white and the roof was a smokey grey color. 

We parked at reserved parking spaces near the front and as soon as I got out of the car people were buzzing around us wondering who we were. 

"Oh my god!" Someone exclaimed and screamed out the make and model of my precious red vehicle. I was glad to see people knew how marvelous my beautiful ride was. The one who squealed was obviously human, because she wasn't like the narrow-eyed werewolves who didn't particularly enjoyed the new strangers on their claimed property. 

I was just itching to do a classic move from a movie, kind of like when spies dramatically walk out a private plane and put on a pair of sunglasses from their breast pocket. 

Heck--I'm going to do it right now.  YOLO. 

I grab the Ray Ban shades in my dashboard and slowly but surely ran my fingers down my hair before exiting my car. In a matter of seconds, I attracted a giggling group of teenage girls. I mentally laugh at the hilarity of how some girls can be so predictable.  

"Soren...I can't with you sometimes." Nathan, one of my guys, said. "You really got to stop with this fooling around or we're going to lose sight of our mission."He points at Derrick and the ISTAS sisters already entering the school. My spotlight disappears and I find myself hurriedly walking to catch up to them.

Peyton looks over her shoulder at us--at me. When I smile at her she turns her head and completely ignores me.

Well, damn. There goes a little of my pride and my ego deflates a bit. 

"What's first of our agenda?" I ask Luca. 

"We have to pick-up our class schedules."

"Alright." I nod. "Nathan and Eric, you two be like a ghost and make yourselves useful. Learn something about the Redwood pack--more importantly, follow Peyton around. Make sure she, or her pack doesn't sense you following her. I want intel about her and what she likes." 

The more I know about her; the more she and I can have a decent conversation. 

"Sure thing." Eric says before the two disappear without a trace. 

"Took you guys long enough" Derrick said, standing near the administration office window.

"Where are the girls?" I scan my surroundings and see no Alpha Ivan offspring anywhere. 

"In their classes, First period has already started." Derrick says.

"And why are you not in class." Luca points out. 

"I have special exemption for the first half of my first period since Alpha Ivan arranged that I help you get situated in your classes."

Before anyone else could say anything, a guy in his mid-to-early twenties walked in between me and Derrick. 

"Here are your schedules." He said, offering me four small pieces of paper. 

I took them and handed each one to the person printed on the paper. 

The guy looked awfully familiar. Like I have seen him before. 

"Who are you, may I ask?" Luca stood next to me closing his arms.

"My names Matt" The guy said and that's when I remembered. It was silly of me to have forgotten when I have seen this guy visiting my territory a couple times in the past. 

"Well, long time no see" I said grinning. "The future Alpha of Redwood Pack." When I said it the guys had that look on their faces that said they just realized something as well. 

"Ding-Ding!" Matt chuckled. "How have you been, Soren? How's your father?" 

"I'm same as always. My dad...well, he's more annoying than ever."

Matt smirks and shakes his head. "You're the only person I know that's stubborn enough to disrespect an alpha, much less your own father." 

"It takes skills." I say sarcastically.

"I'm not going to take up your time. You should be heading to your first class. Don't get into trouble you hear? Humans are naturally curious like all creatures so what what you say. There's a lot of crazy stuff that happens if you're not smart."

"Don't worry, we will be perfect angels." I assure him.

"Right." He didn't believe me, but he has a good reason not too. 

Matt leaves telling us he had some business with his father and plans with his mate, which I remember was Ivan's eldest daughter; Alex. 

"All of you have different schedules but you each match with one of the girls, to aid as an extra watch over them. Soren and Luca, you two stay together." Cause a Beta can't be separated from his Alpha. "The class we have before lunch and after school are located in the same hallway, so it won't be a problem looking for each other. This school is rather small."

"Question?" Corey, the youngest in my group of men talks for the first time. 

"Yes," Derrick says.

"What's for lunch today?" That question earned him a smack across the back of his head.  

Peyton's POV

"He's hot"

"Let's talk to him!"

"Is he an exchange student?"

Oh my God! Get me out of this place! One moment the teacher is giving this interesting lecture on the genealogy of humans with blue eyes and the next thing I know, Soren and Luca walk into my classroom like magazine models looking for their photoshoot. 

All female eyes were lingering on them as they awkwardly strode across the classroom to hand the teacher their newly attained schedules. Because this was in the middle of the semester, seating charts have already been assigned. Both of them were placed in the two empty seats in the front row. 

Rows behind them, girls who were uninterested in lecture started to form a group chat at the back of the room. 

"I'm going to ask him to be part of our group for the final project."

"Hey wait! there are only five people in the group allowed. We already decided in out group. We can't add another." 

The apparent leader of this group, Jeanne, scuffed. "Simple solution. You're out!" 

It was so irritating listening to them over the lecture being taught in class. 

"Can you please stop talking? I can't concentrate." I asked over my shoulder at Jeanne. She glared at me and completely ignored my polite request. To further irritate me she started about how annoying I was. 

Ignore, them Peyton. Concentrate...I chanted to myself.

"Doesn't he look like that guy on the front page of Cosmo?" One girl asked, the others giggled.

They were all pathetic.

"The other guy is hot too!" 

"I call first dibs." One friend proclaimed.

The other two argued, "I get the stud with the sexy yellow eyes." Somehow that upset me more then it should have. 

Surprising myself I turned around. "First of all, I had kindly asked you guys to stop talking or at least keep your voices down. There is only 15 minutes left to class so can you all just shut up!" Four of them collectively gasped in shock.

To my modification, the class was silent. I didn't realize I had yelled that out loud. How humiliating and to make it worse, Soren was looking at me with a look of shock. 

The teacher cleared his thought and I nervously read his expression. He didn't like my outburst. "Is there a problem--

BEEP! Saved by the bell.

Everyone got up and hastily started exiting the room. 

"Peyton, may I have a word with you." The teacher asked. 

"Yes, Mr. Martinez." I said in a whisper. 

Soren and Luca hadn't left yet. It was such an embarrassment having to walk past them to get to the front of the room where my teacher was waiting to scold me. Soren and Luca were last to leave the room. They were courteous enough to leave before Mr. Martinez started scolding me. 

I was left off with a warning thankfully. And I promised not to let it happen again. 

I marched off to my next class who was physical education. 

I loved and hated this class. I loved it because it allowed me to be my inner wolf-running especially on the track was my favorite things about P.E.; I hated the stupid gym clothes we were forced to wear. Most girls in my class loved them because it fit their butts like gloves, to me I felt totally exposed.

Every day since I attended Redwood High School, I ask Derrick if I could wear his wrestling jacket to this period unfortunately today he didn't bring it because he had left it in his mate's car. 

Squirming on the cold metal bench I waited for Mr. Cole our teacher to appear. I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling self-conscious over my appearance. The guys in this class tend to be a bit perverted when it comes to the outfit we had to wear.

"Line up on your numbers, so I can take roll" Mr. Cole yelled past the students conversations. I quickly walked up to number ten.

"Hello Peyton, have you beaten your personal best yet" Mr. Cole asked marking me here on his class rooster sheet. He was a werewolf as well: 70% of the teachers were wolves and he had a talent of identifying the unique abilities some young wolves had. He always gave complements to his students and encouraged them to do well each day.

"Not yet, but I'm almost there" I replied shyly.

The first time he saw me run, he instantly begged me to join their schools track team. Apparently, I had broken the school record, better than any Redwood wolf in record. Unfortunately, I declined his constant offers, but that didn't mean he would stop trying to persuade me to join the team. 

"That's great, I believe you can do it!" He pumped his fist in the air. "Next time, you should consider joining the team--

"Coach, I said that I wouldn't--

"Wouldn't join the team...yeah I know. I was going to ask you to join practice. Just once! Maybe you might enjoy it, just once!" This guy was persistent. 

Like always, everyone gathered around the field until Mr. Cole arrived. When he blew his whistle, it signified everyone had to go to their assigned number. 

"Umm...sorry we're late" I froze when I heard it and everyone looked up at the late students.

"Are you new" Mr. Cole asked him.

Why did we have the same classes?

He nodded. "My name's Soren, just transferred here today." Soren handed him his class schedule. 

"I'm Luca." 

As soon as Mr. Cole read their names on the paper, his eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets.

"Son of the Jeremy Reynolds?" Mr. Cole stared at Soren as if he just struck gold.

Soren nodded with a big smile on his face. Like he was use to this sort of reaction. 

"Yup" He popped the p.

"Well I'll be...it's a pleasure to meet you!" Mr. Cole shook his hand so fast it was like Soren's muscular arm turned to jelly. 

"Nice to meet you too," Soren said pleasantly. 

And when he saw me, his full attention switched over to attack mode. "Peyton"

He headed straight my way. Luca didn't even bother and asked Mr. Cole what number he should be sitting on for class.

"We have the same class together?" He hovered over me, blocking me from the gem of the sun, but I was still squinting. 

"Looks like it." I replied. 

Everyone in class stared at us; all attention made me uneasy.

"I like the outfit." He said staring me down appreciatively.  

"Soren you will be number 32 for now" Mr. Cole interrupted.

"Can you arrange it so that I'm with Peyton" Soren asked placing his large hand on the back of my shoulder. I desperately wanted to shove it off, but it wouldn't do me justice in front of everyone watching. I'm pretty sure people were already making assumptions about the two of us just by how well we knew each other through our small recent exchange.

Please say no...please say no!

"Sorry, but everyone is in order according to last name"

Thank you!

"Bummer." Soren said, walking to his given number. 

Girls watched as he casually sauntered to his number. 

I only had one class with him the whole day, but that hour and a half in P.E. felt like forever. The whole time, he's walk along with me and I'd ignore him. It didn't act as though it bother him. When I ignored him, he would talk casually to Luca who would be right next to him. 

Lunch came along and he voluntarily gave me his seat when there were no more on the table with Derrick and my sisters. I tried to refuse him, embarrassed to take his seat and too astounded by his chivalry. 

"Peyton, take it." He said flatly. "Or next time I'm offering you my lap." 

My sister's burst out laughing and his cockiness once again reminded me to stay cautions around him. 

Derrick introduced Soren and his men to Leila, Derrick's mate. Jackie and Ash introduced their boyfriends; William and Nick.

Soren and Luca were all in my classes, much to my annoyance. However, throughout the day, despite how much I tried to ignore him Soren would silently do small acts of kindness. Open the door for me, fetching me something when I needed it, helping me reach something from the top self. He would do these things without asking for thanks. Like it was natural for him to do it. 

He was still cocky sometimes. Slipped a little joke here and there, but he was always courteous and it showed in his actions. At first I thought he was only doing these small things for me, but a couple times I saw him open the door for other female students. 

That annoyed me and for some reason I got mad all over again. 

Soren perturbed me. I hated it. I hated how I felt and most of all I hated hating him. What has me so riled up to hate someone who was acting like a normal eighteen year old guy. Derrick was cocky sometimes, so why didn't I feel bothered over him like i do with Soren? 

What the heck is wrong with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 10K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...
21.6K 853 23
Abigail lived in her sister's shadow all of her life. She had to live up to her only sister's expectations. She has her own dreams, to study music wi...
115K 4K 9
[SAMPLE ONLY! This book has been published and is now available for sale in most e-reading platforms, and on Amazon] The more you hold on to your mas...
1.7M 12.4K 3
Haven's life is perfect. She has it all; a loving family, a loyal mate, a beautiful child. But she also has something that she never wanted, somethin...