He Deserves Better (Katekyo H...

By AliceVermillion27

Summary: First they ignored me, then they hurt me, then bullied me, abused me, and finally snapping at being... More

Prologue: The 14 Years of my Life
Chapter 1: Another Accident?
Chapter 2: My New Family?
Chapter 3: My Last and First Time
Chapter 4: The Humble House That is Now Dubbed as the Craziest
Omake: Family Bonding Time: Varia Style!
Chapter 5: That Faithful Day
Chapter 6: Calming The Raging Storm
Chapter 8: Searching For The Rain
Chapter 9: Spring, Moon, and the Extreme sun
Chapter 10: Helping the EXTREME Sun with a bit of Thunder
Chapter 11: The Mists After the Sun
Chapter 12: The Time at the Hospital and the Sun Arcobaleno's plan
Chapter 13: The Trip to the Mist Duo
Chapter 14: Varia's Comeback
Chapter 15: Twins Reunited
Chapter 16: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 17: Half Vongola Rings
Chapter 18: Their Little Reunion
Omake: Birthday Special
Chapter 18.5 Cosplay Week Varia Style
Chapter 19: Two Sides Conflicted
Chapter 20: Before the Match
Chapter 21: Encounter
Chapter 22 Until the Last: Goodbye
Extra Chapter: Art

Chapter 7: The Rain That Must Be Saved

8.1K 314 34
By AliceVermillion27

Chapter 7: The Rain That Must Be Saved

"Ano... Gokudera-kun, you don't have to"

"No! I insist Tsuna-sama!" They are in front of Tsuna's house. It is a school day today and Gokudera, since he discovered Tsuna's house because he stalked him, wants to accompany Tsuna to school even though his apartment is actually far from Tsuna's humble home and will walk again in a long distance to school. His reason is 'to protect Tsuna-sama from danger and the stupid copy'.

"Please Gokudera-kun. I don't want to be a nuisance. I can also protect myself too" Tsuna pleaded with his infamous puppy eyes.

"No." Gokudera sharply said. It seems that he is unaffected by Tsuna's secret weapon. Well, not really. It takes up all his energy just to resist it.

Tsuna sighed knowing that there is no point in arguing. Gokudera can be sometimes scary. So he let him be. "It's your choice Gokudera. I won't interfere."

Then suddenly, in everyone's eyes, Gokudera grew some tail and ears, and a sparkled background when he heard that. He's like a lost puppy who is waiting for his master.

Tsuna sweatdropped. Gokudera is so loyal to him that it can completely flip his personality 180 degrees.

They are idling around for a few more minutes until Tsuna looked at the time. "Gokudera-kun, I think we should go now or we'll be late for school."

Gokudera straightened his body and side stepped to make way for Tsuna. Tsuna sighed again and grabbed Gokudera's hand. "Just relax Gokudera-kun -no- Hayato. We're friends, right?" He looked at Gokudera in the eyes with an honest face and smiled.

Gokudera stiffened. His Tsuna-sama held his hand and called him by his first name. What's more, he called him a friend. It is the last thing he expected from him. Heck, it is only his dream. But now, he can't believe what he experienced.

 He slapped himself for how many times with his free hand to make sure it is real and it is approved when he realized that the more he slap the more his cheeks hurts. It is true. 'Friend'. It is the most precious thing he dreams and wishes to have but now, that dream became reality and that wish came true. He smiled back at Tsuna. Embarrassed from what he did to himself and grateful to what Tsuna had said. "Hai! Tsuna-sama!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are talking with each other whilst walking to school peacefully until someone tapped the silveret's shoulder. Gokudera being Gokudera, immediately turned around and glared at the person. His dynamite are also already in his hands. When he saw who that person is, he relaxed but that annoyed look is still on his face. "What do you want, Baseball freak?"

The said person smiled at them and laughed. "Ahaha! It is you Gokudera!! I was looking for you since you didn't show up at Iey's house with me."

Gokudera glared at him again and growled. "Why would I show up on that bastard copy's house??" He then pointed at the person "And with you?"

The raven-haired person, Yamamoto Takeshg, had this confused look on his face. He was sure he said Iey and Gokudera would never raise his voice when he heard that name nor defy him. So why did Gokudera say 'Bastard copy'?. He was confused. Maybe Gokudera didn't hear it right. Or maybe he thought it was Tsuna. "Haha! You're funny Gokudera! Why would you go to Tsuna's house? You don't even know where he lives. He's such a shy person. Ah! And Gokudera, I said Iey." He chuckled then a minute later, his cheeks hurt.

"How dare you say that!!! You moron!! That bastard copy is that bastard Ieyasu of yours. Tsuna-sama is Tsuna-sama!!" Gokudera growled.

Yamamoto looked at him and that's when he saw he had company. He widens his eyes. It was the brunet. It was Tsuna. Then he smiled. Not his usual fake. It was a sad smile. "Is that so? Sorry..."

While Gokudera was mumbling about how should Yamamoto be sorry to his Tsuna-sama, Tsuna was rather disappointed. It's not because Yamamoto assumed that he's the 'bastard copy' Gokudera is talking about, it's because Yamamoto had that smile again. He wants to tell him to stop doing that but he can't. He's afraid that no one will listen to him again. His pad paper is also nowhere to be seen. There's no way to communicate.

Gokudera saw this and gave him a worried look. He knew all of Tsuna's pasts and situations except for the fact that his new family is Varia (Because Tsuna knew Gokudera is also in the mafia) since last night's friendly talk. So he assured him. "Tsuna-sama, it's okay to talk. It is just me and this baseball idiot. Don't worry, he'll listen to you. If not, I'm gonna make him"

Tsuna grinned. He found another best friend who would be there for him besides Hibari. He nodded and walked towards Yamamoto. "You know, a smile should not be like that. It should be bright and happy, not a sad and fake. You should always be true to yourself even with those friends who only care about your talent" Tsuna smiled at him and held a hand. "Do you want to walk with us, Yamamoto-san?"

Yamamoto began to frown. He's the first person who had seen through him. Even with the years of experience, someone had read him like an open book and it's very awkward for him. He doesn't know how to react. He looked at Gokudera who had a surprisingly proud and happy face instead of the usual scowl. Then he began to notice. It was unfair. Life is unfair. Why did Gokudera found a true friend before him with his carefree personality? When you look at it, Yamamoto would most likely to have friends. But what kind friends does he have? Fake ones.

'Maybe when the baseball god once failed at throwing me away, he ensured that I will fall to the depths of nothingness and frauds with no way of saving me and be accepted to my sky'  He looked at Tsuna again. He was more than ready to accept him despite that he was a minute away of killing him yesterday. But Yamamoto is still not ready to take that kindness. "Sorry. I have to decline. Iey's probably searching for me now"

He stepped forward to be beside Tsuna and leaned to whisper something to him. "Don't talk like you understand me. You're still Dame-Tsuna with no friends to differentiate false from true. You're lucky you have Gokudera." It's his final words before running away, leaving Tsuna and Gokudera. He knew it was harsh to say such things but he had to.

Gokudera tried to chase him but Tsuna stopped him saying that it's okay but Gokudera won't rest until he had a word with Yamamoto so he shouted. "Oi!! Baseball Freak!! Don't ever say that Tsuna-sama didn't invite you or you'll regret it!!"

Tsuna stared at the leaving figure of Yamamoto. He recalled his final words. The tone of it. It's not bitter and angry as it should be. It's sad, confused, and desperate to find someone who will accept him. 'To be accepted by me.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yamamoto ran away. He doesn't know what to do or how to respond to somebody who had seen his fake act. He just wanted to be accepted not just for his skills and talent and the brunet just have to do it. When he saw Tsuna held his hand, he really wanted to accept that. But what did he do, he pushed that light away, said mean things to him, almost killed him. That light who wanted to save him from the darkness. 'I'm the one who's declining everything. I'm really an idiot. Guess I will be the one who will taint him.'

He continued to run when he heard someone shouted at him. "Oi!! Baseball Freak!! Don't ever say that Tsuna-sama didn't invite you or you'll regret it!!" It was Gokudera.

He closed his eyes not letting those words affect him. Then a tear fell from his eyes. 'I'm already regretting it!!'

He ran to God knows where then he bumped to someone this time. He slowly opened his eyes to find out who it is and apologize to him but who he saw was not really expected. It was him. His so called 'friend'. His 'savior'. -Scratch that- He's the sole reason why Yamamoto is like that.

"What are you doing Yamamoto?! Where are you going?! We're going to be late!! Where's the loyal puppy?!" He bumped into an angry Ieyasu.

As much as Yamamoto wanted to stop his fake act, he can't so he smiled at Ieyasu and laughed. "Hahaha! Yo Ieyasu!! Just go ahead without me. I forgot something at home. Oh! I also didn't see Gokudera! Hmm. Maybe he went ahead"

“Tch. Whatever. I’m going” Ieyasu was leaving when he remembered something. “Yamamoto! I’m counting on you at the game!”

Yamamoto nodded, waved him a goodbye and stared until the figures disappears before he falls on the ground; crying. ‘Does he really care about me? Does he want me only for my skills? I don’t know anymore. Is he really my friend and savior?’

-Flashback-

"Yo Iey!! I was kind of wondering if you could give me an advice" Yamamoto approached Ieyasu. They are in the baseball field. Like Yamamoto, Ieyasu is also good in baseball so Yamamoto couldn't help but ask for an advice for his problems.

"Hn. Go on. I'm listening" Despite of what he said. Ieyasu doesn't really cares about him. It's just that he's free today and he's bored.

Yamamoto beamed up. At last, someone who is willing to listen to his problems. So he started. "Lately, all my aims and hits are off. And there's a tournament coming. What should I do?"

Ieyasu snorted. "What a stupid problem." He mumbled so that Yamamoto won't hear it but unfortunately he did hear it. Yamamoto brushed it off and continued to smile like nothing had been said. Ieyasu continued. "Then practice and practice until you perfect it. What's wrong with that?"

Yamamoto twitched. He never expected this answer. He wanted more. Nevertheless, he gave an advice right?. He accepted it. He swung his right arm over Ieyasu's shoulder and thanked him. "Haha! You're right!! Thanks! I have to practice now!!" He left with a shattered heart with no way of knowing. But Reborn does.

Reborn walked to Ieyasu and said something. "Dame-Yasu, apologize to him tomorrow."

"What? I gave an advice" Ieyasu said earning a kick from Reborn.

"Just do it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yamamoto's not here. How should I apologize. Stupid Reborn." Ieyasu muttered under his breath when somebody barged in the door.

"YAMAMOTO'S GOING TO JUMP ON THE ROOF!!" Someone shouted startling all the students in the room.

There's a lot of reactions from here and there like "Hey! There's a good joke and a bad joke", "Yamamoto-san?! Our baseball ace?! Impossible", "What happened?!" but Ieyasu, he doesn't care a thing. His 'newly recruit subordinate' approached him. "Juudaime? Aren't we going there? There's a life being endangered we should save him."

Ieyasu scoffed. "Tch. Says someone who tried to kill me."

Gokudera bit his lips. He felt guilty and angry at his juudaime's words but he cannot defy him. "I'm sorry... juudaime..  but this one is different.. He's your.. uhm.. friend right?"

Ieyasu punched him. "When I say no then no. You're loyal right? Then prove it. And friend? I don't give a shit. I only want his talent and it's not my loss when he died. It serves him right."

Gokudera shadowed his eyes. "H-hai... Juudaime. Ah! I almost forgot! I have to do something. Sorry juudaime.. but I have to go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yamamoto was standing outside the fence of the rooftop, waiting for a certain blond to change his mind. He can hear all the people saying to stop but he won't listen. He's determined that Ieyasu will come. Even though it was him who advice Yamamoto to practice hard resulting to a broken arm.

It's already 30 minutes and he didn't come instead there's a silveret who's panting at the door. Yamamoto widens his eyes. He didn't expect him to come especially when he really despises him and a bit anti-social. Yamamoto saw Gokudera push through the crowd and stand in front of him with his bangs covering his eyes. "G-gokudera? If you're gonna stop me, then you're too late. The baseball god already th-"

"Are you an idiot?! There's no fucking baseball god!. What if you can't play because of your arm? There's still a chance. It will heal. But what if you died? You won't return from the dead" Gokudera shouted. He had the urge to punch him in the face but refrained.

"Baseball is my life Gokudera!"

"What if it is? You have so many people worried for you, your father..." Gokudera bit his lips, hesitant to what he's gonna say "...and even Juudaime" He doesn't want to say it but it was Reborn's idea.

"Ieyasu?" Yamamoto softened his eyes but there's still sadness in it. 'You won't fool me but I guess I have to follow.' "Thank you Gokudera." He was going to climb back when the fence snaps causing him to fall.

"Baseball Freak!!" Gokudera shouted unable to catch Yamamoto. 'Shit. Shit. Shit. Reborn-san please make it there on time'

'I guess it's really my fate to die huh?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn it Reborn!! Why do I have to be in here?" Earlier after Gokudera left, Reborn told Ieyasu to go in the back of the school. He asked why but didn't really get an answer. It is Reborn we’re talking about. What he really don’t know is that where he is right now is exactly the spot where Yamamoto will fall.

Ieyasu is staying there for a while now, not really knowing what to do until he heard someone shouted from above. “Baseball Freak!!” It was Gokudera. He looked up only to see Yamamoto falling. ‘Reborn! You knew this all along? Doesn’t matter. I’m not going to save him. I don’t want to be hurt.’ Ieyasu tried to step aside hoping he would not get caught in the fall only to hear the sound of a cocking gun and a threatening voice. “Don’t you dare move.” He knew immediately who it is.

“What are you waiting for? Aren’t you going to shoot me with the dying will bullet?” Ieyasu scoffed.

Reborn narrowed his eyes. His student is getting too cocky. “If I shoot you then you’ll just make him die double. Tch. And you’re supposed to be a boss?”

Ieyasu laughed evilly and smirked. “You’re right. Aren’t you glad I’m showing my true colors to you that others failed to see?”

Reborn tilted his fedora down. His deadly aura is already menacing in the atmosphere. “I really wish you weren’t my student. It’s just because of Nono. But if Nono saw this attitude of yours then you’re done for. No matter. I’m going to make your life in hell.”

“I’m already in hell.” When he said that, he readies his body to catch the falling boy. “Just this time, Reborn.-Ack!”

When Yamamoto landed, he was surprised. Instead of a hard cement, he fell on a soft body. Wait- Body? Yamamoto opened his eyes and looked down. He immediately jumped from where he landed. “I-ieyasu!!! I’m really sorry!”

Ieyasu fluttered his eyes open and sat down, dusting all the dirt off his shirt. “Just don’t do it again. I was worried.”

Yamamoto looked at him and smiled. “Thank you. If it weren’t for you, I am already dead.”

Ieyasu rolled his eyes and walked away. “You better. I’m going home.”

Yamamoto was about to leave too when someone jumped on his shoulders. “He ‘saved’ you. What are you going to do?” The kid asked.

“Yo kid! Are you Ieyasu’s younger brother? I didn’t know he had one. I only knew that he has a twin brother. Hm. It doesn’t matter.”

Reborn’s ear perked up at the word ‘twin’ but ignored it since he will not have the time to investigate it because he’s busy tutoring his student and he became serious. “No. He’s my student and I’m asking you. What are you going to do” It’s more like a statement than a question.

Yamamoto became serious too. “I don’t know. But I’m going to repay him. I’ll follow him and protect him. ”

-End-

‘Lie. It’s all a lie. EVERYTHING’S A LIE!!’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily for Tsuna and Gokudera, they arrived on time. They still can’t forget their encounter with Yamamoto and they’re hoping to continue it here in school. But they frowned when they saw Ieyasu seating on his seat with Yamamoto nowhere to be seen. They began to worry. It’s not really shown on Gokudera though thinking that he’s a mere acquaintance, but for Tsuna, you can see the worry all over his face. Even though he’s not friends with him, he can feel that he must be saved.

Tsuna ignored all the lessons and scolding of his teacher for the whole period thinking only about Yamamoto’s safety. He waited for lunch. So when the bell rang, he quickly picks up his pad paper and approached his brother.

“What do you want Dame-Tsuna? Are you here for your death?” Ieyasu asked; annoyed. He wanted to strangle his brother badly but he had to resist. He always remembered what Reborn said to him. ‘I’m gonna kill you with my own hands and it’s not a joke’

Tsuna rolled his eyes for his brother’s attitude. He ignored the threat and write on the paper. ‘Have you seen Yamamoto-san?’

Ieyasu raised his eyebrows. “What, you’re not satisfied with the puppy that you also want to get Yamamoto?. Tch. He’s not even your friend.”

Tsuna glared at him. ‘Just tell me where he is!!’

Ieyasu avoided eye contact with him. He knew his brother is angry and he doesn’t want to make a fuss inside the classroom. “I don’t know. When he bumped to me earlier, he said he forgot something at home. Now go away! I’m already pissed.” 

Tsuna blinked. Did his brother just tell him the truth just like that. It’s like the despise and hatred disappeared for a moment. Now he wonders what happened between him and Reborn and shuddered at the thought. But it’s not the time to think about it. Yamamoto first. He wrote again on the piece of paper, gave it to Ieyasu and ran outside the classroom followed by Gokudera.

Ieyasu looked at the paper left by Tsuna and read the words written on it. ‘Thank you’. He quickly tore the paper and muttered something. “Stupid Brother…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsuna and Gokudera ran outside of the school ignoring the deadly aura behind him. They just stopped when the prefect blocked their way.

“Where are you going herbivores. It’s forbidden to go outside the school. You still have class.” The prefect said. His tonfas are already out.

“Move you skylark!! Tsuna-sama has something important to do!” Gokudera growled and Hibari raised his eyebrows.

“Tsuna-sama? How amusing”

Tsuna ignored the tease the prefect is giving him and pleaded. “Please Hibari!! I have to go to Yamamoto. Now!!!”

“Hn. The baseball herbivore?”

“Yes. He suddenly didn’t show up at school and I saw him this morning.”

Hibari stayed silent and remembered the call earlier from the baseball herbivore’s father“Just go tomorrow. It’s weekend. He gave a proper excuse to be absent”

But Tsuna didn’t give up. “But-“

“No buts herbivores. Now go inside before I bite you to death with that dynamite herbivore”

Tsuna complied dejectedly. If he failed today, then tomorrow he’s going to be successful. He had to save Yamamoto. He felt something bad is gonna happen. “Hai…”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.5K 14
SUMMARY: After Reborn informs that Tsuna and his classmate gonna go on a trip to Italy, they roar in happiness, thinking of the rare chance to travel...
222K 6.2K 39
Sawada Tsunayoshi is not known as 'Dame Tsuna' like usually known but 'Soulless Tsuna' or 'Speechless Tsuna'. He acts different more than anyone, nev...
25.8K 922 25
Tsunayoshi dissapeared 9 years ago, no one knew what happend to him. Until now a particular hitman found him.... The story itself is from me but some...
101K 3.3K 12
Reborn reported that tsuna was always bullied by he's classmates at school to nono, so they planned to get revenge for their beloved decimo. Warning...