The Rebound Theory

Bởi anjalisinha

It's the freshman year of high school. Aashi is confused. Everything is changing. But, one thing that she co... Xem Thêm

Prologue
01 | Aashi
02| Aashi
03| Neel
O4| Aashi
05| Aashi
06 | Aashi
07| Aashi
08| Aashi
09| Aashi
11| Neel
12|Aashi
13| Aashi
14| NEEL
15| AASHI

10| Neel

15 2 0
Bởi anjalisinha

Chapter- 10| Neel

"Is this your car?" Saheema asks in a sing- song voice, as if she has forgotten how it looks like since the last time she was inside it, moaning on top of me.

*It's just for one day. It's just for one fucking day. I just have to make her stay till it's over.*

Saheema takes the  passenger seat of my car, after fifteen minutes when Aashi and Ria left me in a blur of smoke and confusion. I contently watch their car disappear, but then know that it is time the dices started rolling.

I'm so pissed with how Rohit treats Aashi. His attitude towards her makes me want to punch his face till he's in the ground six feet under. It's cute that he thinks he can mess with her. Ofcourse, he has forgotten who he's messing with indirectly. Wait for the slow payback, Rohit.

Literally, it's so easy to mess with him, when I know all of his weaknesses. I smirk when I think about what I've kept planned for him. He's in for such a fun ride. I open the driver's door, and look intensely at his first weakness.

"Yes," I click my tongue and roll it inside my inner cheek, preparing myself for the sentence I am about to utter, "I missed you. It's been so long."

Saheema reaches for my thigh and runs her thumb in small half moon- circles, biting her lip, "I thought you didn't. I saw you all wrapped around Aashi in the cafeteria earlier."

"Look who I'm going home with," I smile the kind of smile which makes her weak in the knees and agree with whatever I have to say, "you know, I did." I take her face in my left hand and pull her closer, rubbing my thumb slowly down her jaw, just the way she likes it, "I made a mistake. You're here now. Forget everything."

She sighs and rests her head on my shoulder while I push the key into the ignition and back the car from its parking space. She breaks the silence when we're back on the road, "I knew that bitch isn't right for you. She wouldn't love you ever like I do."

*I cringe.* But I nod at her, and say, "I never loved her. She was my newest muse."

"What happened to your muse, then?" She hangs to the topic like a leech to a cow.

"I got bored of her. She's difficult. It'll take a lot of work to break her," I shrug while honking the car to a difficult pass.

"I know. But I know how to break her exactly. It's not that difficult as you think," Saheema's eyes twinkle as she imagines some devil plan she's contorting to put Aashi into her place.

"There's no need for that," I try to stop the gears from  turning in her head to make Aashi's life more miserable, "I already had a fight with her just before you arrived. I'm not planning on giving her my time of the day anymore."

She instantly smiles, "You're all mine now." She hugs me harder and just because of the things planned, I have to tolerate her hands around my shoulders. I keep very still whilst I wait for Saheema to retrieve her hands.

"Okay, okay, loosen up now, I'm driving."

She chuckles, "I know, but I missed you so, so much."

I move her arms away from my shoulders, and end up saying, "I wouldn't want you to die." I throw in a chuckle at the morbid sentence.

"You'll not get rid of me that easily, babe. You belong with me."

I cough, "Yeah. But. . .I have to focus on the road too, cutie."

"Okay, I'll just text Rohit then," she clicks her fingers, "and, I also need to tell him that I'm not meeting him in the mall at six."

"Well, wait. . . no, don't do that. Make him wait for you. Let him guess where you are. He was trying to mark his territory on Aashi in the cafeteria, right!" I assess her features, looking for any signs of anger. I see her jaw tense, and her shoulders still, "Didn't you see him get all possessive when I tried to intervene? Wouldn't you want to punish him for this?"

She looks at me with a new- found kind of appreciation in her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, you're right. Most of the time, he says he loves me, *only* me. But it's so obvious. . . he's still hung up on her." She waves her hands in a dismissal, "He thinks he can fool me? He can kill himself and I wouldn't care. And, now, since you said that, let him suffer."

I smirk, seeing all the pieces of the puzzle finally fall into place in front of my eyes as I drive ahead to Arjun's place.

                         ****

"Why are we here, babe?" Saheema interjects the reflective moment I'm having standing in front of Arjun's apartment door. And she does not even appear interested in whatever I have to say, as she's scrolling through her Instagram like an addict.

"Because Arjun texted me that he needs me. I don't know, why?" I blow out a long breath.

Saheema rolls her eyes, "Why did he  have to choose today of all days to need you?"

"I have no fucking idea." Well, I *do*. I act tensed, flexing my shoulders, but it's kinda baffling how calm I am in this moment. I don't have to act all chill and casual in front of her, if I want to make her believe what's going to unfold.

"You know I want you, right?" Saheema rolls a strand of her hair from the front of her face, leaving the strand to fall down in wavy ringlets. I have to say, for an indifferent schemer with no heart, she's looks so innocent.
Not to forget, she has nice hair.
If anyone ever asked me if I did fuck a girl with smooth hair, I wouldn't have to say no right. . .
Yes, this tragic sense of humor will someday put me in a hell lot of trouble.

I knock on the door again and wait for Arjun to open up. After two whole - minutes, I hear the front door clicking, and Arjun's bouncy ball of brown hair comes into vision.

"Where the fuck were you man?"

"Sorry guys, I was in the shower. I had the water running," He smiles at Saheema, "I heard the doorbell jingle, but it somehow got muffled."

"Still? Were you doing other kinds of things in the shower?" Saheema chuckles, raising a brow.

"No, no! I had to dress up before I could've opened up," Arjun turns away, smiling just a bit embarrassed, and leaving some space for us to enter inside.

I walk in but I don't miss how Saheema eyes Arjun from top to bottom. Her eyes linger from his chest to the crotch, safe to say that her eyes rest longer than it takes to acknowledge someone. Especially,  someone who claims to be her lover's friend . Arjun showed up shirtless at the door and has a towel hanging on his neck.

"You clean up well," Saheema flirts, but Arjun walks away to the kitchen, paying no heed to her comment. This girl is *trouble*. How did I not see her doing these things in the past?

Arjun ends up yelling, hooked inside his refrigerator, "you guys need some soda?"

"Yeah, we do." I say, locking the door behind me.

We all end up at the kitchen- table, and he sets down the glass of soda in front the three of us.

Arjun starts in a mock-ish bawl, "guys, Ria broke up with me."

"Aww. . .what happened?" Saheema moves over the chair next to him, rubbing his shoulders.

Arjun continues to wail and distract Saheema while I text on the group chat with my other friends.

AAMIR

*Man, his shit is expensive. Do you know he has a Tommy Hilfiger jeans in here lying in the backseat?*

ME

*I don't give a fuck man. Take it. Or, throw it in the dusbtbin. Just get the shit done.*

AAMIR

*Aye aye. But should I check more before I totally annihilate this thing?*

ME

*Is Ankur done with his task? Do whatever you want man.*

AAMIR

*YO. He's on the lookout now, though. We'll be done in ten.*

ME

*Then, stop texting and get it over with.*

AAMIR

*Dude, he's got condoms. Should I take them with me too?*

ME

*Shove it up your ass.*

AAMIR

*?*

I don't reply to Aamir's message, frustrated, knowing well that if I keep replying, he'll never be done.

"You know what, she hasn't even let me kiss her for the past few weeks!" Arjun is doing one hell of a job to keep Saheema interested in him, and while she thinks I'm not paying attention as I'm furiously punching on my phone, I'm more focused on how she moves towards Arjun.

She has now leant into him, and holy shit, I see her take a slow, inconspicuous sniff of Arjun's aftershave.

And to think, I really thought, that she loved me *once*.

Annoyed at this thought, I check my phone's screensaver, the time reads 5:30, which means that Rohit will be in the gym for hardly fifteen minutes more.

I slowly inhale and exhale and smile occasionally at Saheema and Arjun when he talks his heart out whilst sounding hurt, saying stuff like, "I didn't see this coming. I thought she was my forever."

Five minutes later, my phone vibrates and I get up from the kitchen table to place my soda glass in the kitchen sink.

I slide my thumb across the screen.

AAMIR

*We're done, man. Initiate PART two.*

An instantenous smile takes over my lips as I think about how much I'm going to enjoy this. A lot.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

435 47 12
"Who the hell did this to you?" Kabir demanded, holding Tara firmly as she bled from his hand. "Who the hell has the guts to touch my girl?" He growl...
53.9K 6.6K 33
It may feel good to be pretty, but the problem with being beautiful is that there are thousands of people who look like you. Ugliness, however, is un...
2.4K 220 16
1st book of "Drowning" series. (Updates - every alternative Saturday 12:00 pm) . ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・゜゜・.・゜゜・✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Akansha didn't had the faintest i...
1.1K 77 49
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...