Book I: My Muslim Man | COMPL...

By BlackRedHeart

#1 in #muslim 12 Aug, 2021 #4 in #islam 29 May, 2021 #7 in #Allah 4 May, 2021 #8 in spiritual 15,16,17 Septem... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Just Married
Chapter 2: Coming Close/Moving Away
Chapter 3: Joint Family
Chapter 4: Peculiar Guests
Chapter 5: "Family Drama is Here!"
Chapter 6: Hating the Hubby
Chapter 7: Hearts in Pain
Author's Note
Chapter 8: Life and Death are in the Hands of Allah
Chapter 9: "مودّة"(Love) and "رحمة"(Mercy) PART 1
Chapter 9: مودّة(Love) and رحمة (Mercy) PART 2
Chapter 10: Saving Us PART 1
Chapter 10: Saving Us PART 2
Chapter 11: Stay Strong. Have Faith
Chapter 12: It's Him. The One.
Chapter 13: With You Forever
Chapter 14: The Happiest I've Been
Chapter 15: Together Forever ♥♥♥
Number 14 in Spiritual? Wattpad Hurt Me!
Chapter 16: Big Reveal
Chapter 17: Picnic Day
Another Book!!!! + Need Your Help
Chapter 18: Honeymoon Cancelled
Chapter 19: Honeymoon in Marrakech
Chapter 20: Trust Him
Chapter 21: Little Angel
Chapter 22: Children are blessings but tests too
Chapter 23: Angry Birds
Chapter 24: Forgiveness is the KEY
Chapter 25: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 26: Click. Click.
Chapter 27: Suspicions PART 1
Chapter 28: Suspicions PART 2
Chapter 29: Distance & Time
Chapter 30: On Quitting MMM
Chapter 31: Never let me go
Chapter 32: Zaid Ameen Khan
IMPORTANT!!! KISS AWARDS! VOTE FOR MMM😁
Chapter 34: Afaaf is or is not?
Chapter 35: Right Beside You
Chapter 36: It's a Surprise
Chapter 37: Painful Goodbyes
Chapter 38: Them Mood Swings
Chapter 39: It's a-
Chapter 40: Actions & Intentions
Chapter 41: Gheera
Chapter 42- The End(Part I)
The End (Part 2)
New Look!
Epilogue + New Cover + New Book
Mariam
MMM featured on Wattpad Official!
INSTAGRAM LIVE EVENT
Coming This Eid!

Chapter 33: Shattered

5.8K 423 142
By BlackRedHeart

Afaaf's POV

Zaid bhai was surrounded. With Mariam's constant chattering and Aunty Sabeeha filling his mouth with one thing or the other. Imran and Fahad bhai were clearing up Mariam's old room downstairs for him while Amna and I were sharing a giggle at the funny sight before us.

"Mum, this is the last one, please!", he pleaded before Aunty Sabeeha put another slice of apple in his mouth.

Imran and Fahad bhai came back and sat amongst us.

"Mum, he spent hours driving. Give him food and let him take rest", Fahad bhai requested.

"Yeah, let's have lunch now", Imran said.

Aunty Sabeeha got up to serve lunch and we tagged along to help. Mariam came after us, which was actually surprising since Mariam and the kitchen are just polar opposites.

"Quiet surprising to see you volunteering around here", I remarked at Mariam who was busy moving around the kitchen following her mother's instructions.

"I'm doing it for Zaid bhai, else all of you know very well that I'm allergic to kitchen work", she scrunched her nose at the mention of kitchen.

She was nothing like her mother but she was definitely much like Imran. She even had his beautiful brown eyes however her's were a shade lighter. We could hear the men gather around the dinning table and their roars of laughter made us laugh our heads off too.

When the table was set, we settled in our chairs and began enjoying the luxurious dishes. Uncle Khan was absent at the table. Aunty said she had served him in his room. I felt like she was being divided. I didn't know exactly how frustrating it could feel, trying to reach both ends at the same time but the worry lines on her forehead surely indicated her struggle. But suddenly those lines would disappear when she smiled at Zaid bhai, her son, as if they were never there.

While lunch, I learned more about Zaid bhai's personality. He loved the women in his life; his mother, his sister, a lot. And the way he bonded with baby Areej was so adoring. Although he was hesitant at first and baby Areej was not ready to be held by a newly discovered uncle, soon she got used to him. I wondered who that lucky lady would be, the one who'd become my other sister in law. Imran had told me that earlier that Zaid bhai had dropped the idea of marriage a long time ago and another factor was his age. Imran told me that he was 30 or above but by the looks he looked exactly of Imran's age. And when the trio brothers sat side by side on the dinning table, it was a picture perfect. The resemblance was so obvious. Someone who wouldn't know them could easily mistake them for triplets.

When Zaid bhai decided that he'd go to sleep, Mariam skipped after him saying that she'd help him arrange his wardrobe. That girl was going under some major transformations. Basically because she shared a bond with Zaid bhai that no one else did. A bond of love and respect.

Uncle Khan only showed up when a few of his guests came. All men who were community activists and his close friends. All day we were busy in the kitchen preparing this or that for the guests who arrived one after the other. As soon as they began to disappear, I started to bug Imran to take me to mum's.

When Zaid bhai got up for Maghreb Imran went to pray with him and then we were finally going to meet mum. I had called my mum earlier today when I was getting ready and promised her to visit her tonight. She was again advising me to take care of my responsibilities as Imran's wife first and this time I finally lended her an ear.

Ali welcomed us at the door. He was wearing cute little Shalwar and Kurta looking handsome and adorable at the same time. I took him in my arms and he hugged me back with all the life in his tiny arms. He had missed me as much as I had missed him. He wasn't just my nephew but my little bestie, my partner in crime.

When I saw my mum all dressed up in shiny new clothes, I was going to tear up. She looked so cute! Everyone looked lovely and especially Ayesha wore the dress that I had selected for her to wear. They said that they had been to the Dar Ul Iman during the day. The Dar Ul Iman management always arranged parties for women and children before which they would hold darss on the Celebration and Virtues of Eid. I missed being a part of it so much. Ayesha told me everything about it and everyone she met after such a long time. She told me that this time there weren't any annoying aunties or disgusted glances coming at her. Dar Ul Iman was full of good and generous servants of Allah and to spend time with them is the greatest blessing.

We were going to have dinner at mum's and I joined mum in the kitchen mostly to hang around and chit chat with her. Within two more days, I would go back to work and life would get so busy that I wouldn't get time to meet mum as much.

"Afaaf I need to tell you something", mum said when we were waiting for the cake to rise in the oven.

"What is it mum?", clueless I leaned against the counter reading mum's eyes.

"I-I... I'm trying to look for a potential suitor For Ayesha. Please don't tell her about this. She won't agree at the moment. I know"

"But mum, if you know that she won't agree then what's the point?"

"I know she'll agree someday soon In Sha Allah. So I've recently met this family of my friend's sister. You remember Aunty Khalida. The one who used to teach you Qur'an"

"Yeah, I remember her"

"She has an elder sister, Fadheela. Fadheela has five sons. All of them are married except the youngest. They are very good folks. I've known them for some time now. All her sons are hafidh and good practicing Muslims Ma Sha Allah. They have good family values. Their live in simplicity. Fadheela herself is such a humble lady. So what do you think? Should I go further with this?"

"Mum, leave the potentials for a second. Talk to Ayesha. We should know what she is thinking about marriage before we take a step ahead"

"You're right but what if we miss this opportunity. The family is very nice"

"Mum, we need to explain that to Ayesha first. If she thinks she is ready move on right now only then can we suggest her potential suitors. Otherwise there's no use hunting for the perfect partner"

"Will you try and talk to her?"

"Mum, I-I... I don't think I can. She's too hard to budge"

"But we are not going be hopeless!", mum kept her hand over mine and spoke with much determination.

Was this going to work? Will Ayesha ever move on?

When dinner was served, mum started pampering her one and only son in law. I suppressed a chuckle when mum told Imran that he looked so weak. Imran narrowed his eyes at me and pressed my lips together acting normal.

"You're right aunty. I have lost so much weight. All I get to eat are boiled vegetables and soups. Afaaf hasn't been looking after me like she used to", Imran spoke and that's when mum's expressions changed.

"Afaaf, what am I hearing from your husband? You don't prepare good food for him? What else are you doing when you don't even have work yet?!", Mum bombed me with questions.

"No! Mum... I-I-"

"Lazing around are you?!", she asked in a stern tone. When I looked over at Imran he was smirking and then he started laughing.

"Relax Aunty. I was just kidding", he laughed looking at me frowning at him now.

"You don't need to worry Aunty. Your daughter cooks good food and looks after me more than anything else. I'm very greatful to you that allowed me to whisk her away", Imran took mum's hand holding it between his hands speaking to her with his head lowered in respect.

I couldn't believe my ears. Did Imran just say all that before Mum?! Blood rushed to my cheeks as mum looked at us with a bright smile. I was so thankful to Imran for what he said. Mum had always been unsure about I being a good wife. So unsure that she would never easily believe that everything was fine between Imran and I. Those few words of appreciation from him felt like a crown placed on my head. He valued my efforts. He valued me. And he appreciated me before my mother. That felt even sweeter.

When it was getting late and time to head back home was nearing, we started exchanging Salams which continued till we reached the doorstep.

"I think you should be wearing your wedding dress", Ayesha suggested. We were talking about dresses that we chose to wear on Hareem's wedding.

"Should I? I think it'll be a bit hard to carry", I thought about the number of months that had passed since I wrapped it and kept it away.

"Hmmm, I have a solution for that. We can change the dupatta style or do something fancy with it. But you should definitely wear your wedding dress"

"I'll think about it", I hugged her and kissed her cheek, then I turned around to leave.

I turned around for a last glance at my family. All of those bright faces filled with happiness but there was always going to be that one face missing out on life's most essential part. A life partner. Would talking to Ayesha be of any good? At least I had to try. Allah knows best who awaits her.

That's when the craziest thing hit my mind. Can this be? Is it possible? Was I crazy for this thinking this way? Ayesha and Zaid bhai? Sounds dangerous but not entirely impossible. Were they even compatible? Would Ayesha even think of being the daughter in law to a household into which her sister already is married? It was the most bizarre thing to even cross my mind for a single moment.

Shoving all thoughts away I got into the car in which Imran waited impatiently.

"So you're really greatful to mum that she let you whisk me away?", I asked Imran after buckling up.

"You're making me feel like I shouldn't have said that out loud", he regretted.

I started to chuckle, "Alright, I won't bug you, except for the next few minutes", I gave an evil smile, "So you really appreciate what I do for you? Even the little things?", I enjoyed asking Imran and poking him for the rest of the ride back home.

Imran's POV

A complete yet incomplete family. That's what were at the moment. But at least something is better than nothing. The cold treatment Abbu started giving Zaid since the day he arrived hadn't died down a notch. Little did we know that the cold ice would not melt even the slightest but turn into flames. I had decided to finally do something about it. Maybe push Abbu to have at least a decent conversation with Zaid. I didn't exactly know how but I was going to make it happen soon. No more relations around here will be put through tests.

The third day of Eid, I had work. So I missed out on a lot but we had planned BBQ night. That's what I had been excited about since early morning. Which provided me the encouragement to finish work on time and return home as fast as I could. When I came home, I heard Areej making sounds in the living room. When I entered the living room I saw Zaid playing with her. I was so glad that he came over to visit our place as well.

"Salamualaikum man! When did you come?", I hugged his huge frame. I knew being older his height must be more than mine but his muscles were huge which surely meant he worked out a lot and was ripped.

"Walaikumusalam. I came only a few ago"

"You drove around on your own?"

"Nah. Mum gave me directions"

"Why didn't you bring her along?"

"She said she was busy with the guests. By the way, aunties here are so weird. Even weirder than Aunty Zareen"

"How many proposals did you get Mr Most Eligible Bachelor in the Town?", I winked at him.

"None Alhamdulilah", he let out a breath in relief, "Just some weird questions from weird aunties"

We started laughing and suddenly he cried due to pain. Areej was pulling on his beard.

"You're a naughty one!", he told her and she giggled looking between Zaid and I.

"She's little but I better warn you, her punches hurt", I said picking a toy up from the floor and handing it to her. This way she would get busy with what's in her hands and not reach for beards.

"Imran", came Afaaf's voice chiming across the whole house.

"I'm here", I heard her skip down the stairs.

She was clad her in blue abaya and a dark blue hijab. Complimenting her deep blue eyes so perfectly. She took my laptop bag from me and asked me to change as we were leaving for Abbu's place early.

Fahad, Zaid and I hanged around until the ladies got ready. I had seen how easily Areej had got along with Zaid. Zaid had this natural way to connect with children. Despite how much he hid it, the desire to have a family of his own to look after was evident when he was around kids. He was so gentle with Areej and Mariam.

Afaaf and Amna api were ready and then we left for Abbu's place. Mariam welcomed us at the door, excited to get her best brother back inside the house. She forgot that a world existed beyond Zaid. I admit I was glad that Zaid became to her a brother which I couldn't be.

We gathered in the backyard and the bros got busy and with preparing the grill and burning the coal while the wives were busy helping mum out with the marinating the meat. Soon the BBQ tools were ready and the kebabs were on the grill. The ladies were seated close to the backyard door, their chitter chatter filled the air.

"So are you thinking about marriage or not? You know mum has been worried about you for quiet some time", I randomly threw in the marriage topic before Zaid acting casual.

"I didn't come all the way here to go look for the one. I'm here to spend sometime with my family before I leave again, get that straight", apparently he still hated speaking about this.

"I don't get why would someone hold back from marriage for so long. Unless, you know, you've found yourself a gori and are planning to run away with her", I joked intending to make the air around us light.

Fahad and I started laughing and Zaid stood in shock.

"That was a good one!", Fahad gave me a hi-five.

"Zaid my bro", I held his shoulder, "eventually after a few seizures and some flying chappals, mum and Abbu will understand. Just teach her to make gol rotis and the rest will pass", I was bursted into laughter.

"Hey, what was that song on 'gori gori'. That famous Bollywood number?", Fahad teased.

"Oh! I know that one! Gori gori, gori gori, gori gori, kabhi kabhi, kaheen kaheen, chori chori..."

Fahad completed it for me,

"Chup chup ke tum mila karo, pyari pyari, pyari pyari, batain vatain kiya Karo"

And then we sang it together,

"Ab yun na milna kisi se kabhiiiiii hamaray sivaaaaaa"

"You guys are so... Astaghfirullah!", Zaid came after me.

I managed to escape one of his punch but soon he had me in a headlock. That beast was going to crack my neck!

"Gori gori han?", he asked me still holding me in a headlock, "What about that Aishwarya Rai you had a crush on? How about I tell that to Afaaf?", he threatened me and it was actually the best threat anyone could impose on me.

"No no no no no!", I begged him. God! That was so embarrassing. I can't believe he still remembered that.

We had an Indian neighbor and we used to play with him. One day he invited us in to play video games. We were around the ages of 7 and 8 at that time. So after playing for hours at his place, he put on an Indian movie in which the lead actress was Aishwarya Rai. The other day we were just talking and then a girl walked by us. He called her and she greeted him quiet friendly. He introduced her as his girlfriend and was boasting about having one so I said that I had one too and said that her name was Aishwarya. Since then Zaid wouldn't let me forget the horrible joke they made out poor 7 year old Imran.

So many beautiful memories came back as time passed.

The kebabs were ready soon. We began shifting them to trays and brought the trays to the tables at which the ladies were seated.

Mum picked up a plate and said that she was taking it in for Abbu who didn't even to come out and sit and enjoy with us. He was inside wayching news probably.

"Mum, let me, please", Zaid took the plate from her hands and went inside. Everyone whispered prayers under their breaths.

After some time a soul shattering sound of glass was heard inside the house. Fahad and I sped towards the door. Everybody else followed.

"I SAID GET OUT OF HERE!", we heard Abbu shouted.

We saw the pieces of plate scattered on the floor and food being dishonored spread all over the floor. Abbu was shouting at Zaid and Zaid stood still in shock and disappointment.

WHAT HAD JUST HAPPENED IN HERE?!

"Abbu, please", Mariam tugged at Abbu's arm pleading him to lose his anger but he was furious.

He shrugged out of her hold, "Look! It's enough for me to bear even the sight of you everyday in my house. It would be better if you stop acting around here and leave SOON!"

"Ameen! It's his home too! He's our son!", mum spoke up now.

He looked at her, "Fine then. No one cares about what I think. Then all of you can leave me alone". He said and left for his room.

"Abba... I....", before Zaid could finish he was out of sight.

A dense silence spread all over the room. Zaid's eyes filled with pain and regret. His shoulders slumped and he turned to mum.

"Mum... I... I'm so sorry. I don't know wha-.... I'm sorry"

"It's okay beta. I understand".

"Amna beti. Please clean this up" , she said and left to go after Abbu,

Zaid went to his room. Fahad took away Areej who had started to cry because of all the screaming.

Amna and Afaaf started cleaning the floor.

I went after Zaid. He sat on the bed, his back facing me. He sat there, defeated once again.

"Zaid", I said before taking a step inside.

He quickly rubbed his hands over his eyes and turned to me. I went to sit beside him. For a moment we just shared the silence.

"Abbu is not right Zaid. He is wrong, terribly wrong", I told him, "but parents are human beings too. They make mistakes just like we did. I know it's hard right now but I don't want you to despair. I promise you, everything will be alright. Just like it used to be", I whispered the last part to myself.

A/N

Asalamualaikum dear readers!😁

A BIG THANK YOU to all who voted for MMM in KISS AWARDS! 💖💖💖Love you loads! Just so you know, you can vote 5 times everyday till end of May. The results will be announced in June 😍😍😍😍

How was this chapter? I don't even know how I completed writing this much.

Now, let me start apologizing here.

First of all, sorry there will be one update only but don't be sad. Next update is tomorrow In Sha Allah. Now, I want to apologize for not writing for 2 months! 🙁 I was busy in uni and then I just didn't have the motivation to carry on with writing. Even when I pushed myself to write and made myself sit down and type in at least something, I was scared. Too scared to even complete as single scene. The long pause did that to me but Alhamdulilah this nomination motivated me so much. I was almost going to give up. It wasn't even a writer's block. I had planned what I was going to type in but I was just scared. I hope you understood all that. I did make use of my time away from writing MMM. I had been busy using creative ideas to write more books. There are currently 4 books in my draft. I promise you, they are more than amazing and you'll love everything about them.

Btw, the nomination has motivated me so much, so you'll be looking forward to quick updates In Sha Allah. I have promised myself to never go down the road of long pauses or demotivation.

Also, please pray for me, I'm fighting an unseen battle and I'm trying my best not to lose. Please make sincere dua for me 💖

Until next time,

Allah Hafiz!

Yours,
BlackRedHeart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 14.3K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
756K 43.1K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
507K 23.4K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
602K 32.1K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...