Covet {Yuumika/Mikayuu}

By littlegrief

"If you step out to smoke, I'll jump out the window." Mika mused, setting a mocking smile on his lips, as he... More

Prolouge
What a Beautiful Cruel Truth
Hated Enchantment
Silence
Deadly Desires
Ophelia Drowend
Pink Camellia
Sweet Dreams My Love
Blue eyed Harmatia
Tending Flowers
Smile Smile Don't Falter
Kind but Hurtful
Ghosts of the Past
Volatile

In the Dream

327 25 11
By littlegrief

"I know my visit is...um—rather sudden," Yuuichirou said, voice lowering to a murmur. "but, I'm sure it was obvious I'd be coming here." He swallowed before bowing and saying, "Please forgive my offense. I have acted reckless and threatened your life, I ask for your forgiveness."

The bow is tense and clumsy. Shaky. Mikaela doesn't comment, he is not cruel enough to do so. Not enough when it comes to Yuuichirou.

Mikaela shifted on his knees, clenching his hands and closing his eyes. Sighing tiredly he said, "I have already forgiven you. You were under the control of your demon, were you not?"

When Yuuichirou nodded, Mikaela continued, "Then there is nothing to forgive. You couldn't function as you would when human."

"T-that doesn't give me the right t-to...to..." Yuuichirou drifted off, he had been told what he had done when he was possessed by his demon. Now more than ever he felt like stranger to his own body.

"Once again, there is nothing to forgive." Mikaela said, adding, "I have already forgotten the so called 'offense' you speak of. I urge you to do the same, please."

Yuuichirou swallowed, eyes crawling away from the floor to René. The blank faced servant hadn't said or done anything from the moment they entered the room. He was as still as a statue, and Yuuichirou didn't know whether to fear how closed off he was, or to fear what would happen if he were to make him move.

Yuuichirou's skin crawled when René looked at him for the corner of his eye. Immediately, Yuuichirou looked away to the ground again, then to his knees. Where his hands were, clenching down on both knees due to his hearts nervous thumping. His knees hurt. His knuckles are white.

Mikaela watched with sad eyes as Yuuichirou struggled to regain him composure. It was a sad sight, Yuuichirou never really had anything to feel guilty about. And if he did, he didn't notice. Obviously to his own mistakes, that had always irked Mikaela. Now it was all Mikaela wished he could complain about, like he did before. But in their current situations, Mikaela could not nag Yuuichirou to his hearts content.

He wished he could bicker, bicker, and bicker with Yuuichirou. To the point Yuuichirou would smile and laugh, call him a nagging wife and kiss him with passion. Successfully shutting him up.

Yuuichirou was a mess, an obvious thing to Mikaela. Perhaps it was also obvious to René, who had requested for Lacus to stay out of the room. Strangely—not really—Lacus seemed angered by Yuuichirou's presence. And while it was an obvious reaction due to what Yuuichirou did to Mikaela, but it had shocked Mikaela. There was something covetous about the way Lacus had glared at Yuuichirou.

What did Yuuichirou have that Lacus wanted?

Mikaela snapped out of his thoughts when Yuuichirou snapped his head up, the sadness in Mikaela's eyes blinking away.

"I--I...I'm sorry." Yuuichirou croaked, his voice was so hoarse and gruff it made Mikaela wince. He had a very strong urge to offer him water, but he also felt Yuuichirou wouldn't be able to express what he wanted if he were to interrupt him. "I can't. I don't feel like an apology like this will make me feel better about anything."

Mikaela huffed with a small smile. "So you wish to make yourself feel better by earning my forgiveness?"

Yuuichirou flinched. Mikaela winced. He didn't mean for that to come out as accusing as it did. He meant to say it a lighthearted jab, to ease tension. Instead, Mikaela made it worse.

Quickly, Mikaela added, "F-forgive me. That didn't come out right?"

Yuuichirou shook his head, "N-no. The way I phrased it made it seem like I wanted to use you. If anyone should apologize it should be me."

"You have already apologized." Mikaela said, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. Just a tiny bit, anymore would earn him a scolding from René until dawn. "There is no need to apologize."

"I-you don't understand—I'm-"

"Amane-san." Mikaela cut in, voice commanding but soft and gentle. "Perhaps you would like to make it up to me? You have insisted on proving you are sorry, correct?"

Yuuichirou eagerly nodded, "Yes. I have."

"Then join me for tea tomorrow." Mikaela said, smiling and erupting small blush on Yuuichirou's cheeks. Mikaela's face and demeanor softened at the sight, "We can discuss things then."

"Y-yes." Yuuichirou said. Bowing after Mikaela.

Still bowing—which made Yuuichirou loose the composure he strived embody—Mikaela said, "Be well, Amane-san. I hope your trip back is safe."

Yuuichirou bowed again—too fast—smacking his head on the floor. Mikaela snapped his head up at the groan that left Yuuichirou's lips.

"Amane-san!" Mikaela called, scooting before crawling on all fours to Yuuichirou. Who cradled his forehead against the floor. He looked up at the call of his name.

"S-sorry, I'm fine." Yuuichirou mumbled, straightening his back and forcing a smile.

"It does not look so fine, I'm afraid Amane-san." Mikaela murmured, reaching to removed Yuuichirou's hands and placing his own. He then smile apologetically, "Forgive me, but I have been told I have cold hands."

Yuuichirou slowly nodded, cheeks heating up again.

"René, please." Mikaela called, turning his head to look at René. Who bowed and left without a word. A sound. Yuuichirou found another reason to fear the black haired servant.

Yuuichirou gulped and looked back to Mikaela, who had a sweet smile displayed. Yuuichirou sighed, helpless and begging for help. Eyes closing.

"What is it?" Mikaela asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Do you really not know, or are you acting like you don't?" Yuuichirou grumbled, his eyes cracked open to look at Mikaela.

"About what?"

Yuuichirou sighed again, loud and tired. "Forgive me Shindo-sama, but you will be the death of me."

Mikaela frowned, small, but a frown. "May I ask why?" Voice quiet and hesitant.

"You make me..." Yuuichirou drifted off, not knowing whether or not it would be the best idea to express his thoughts. He took in a deep breath  and then added, "You make me feel strange."

"H-how so?" Mikaela asked, scooting a little closer to regain the balance he was loosing.

"You make me feel like I'm missing something. Like I forgot...something. Like it shouldn't be me who's here, but someone else." Yuuichirou stressed, furrowing his eyebrows. That wasn't what he meant to say, but if felt better than saying: "I think I love you."

Mikaela stayed quiet, at a loss for words. He sat down by Yuuichirou's knees, one hand still placed on Yuuichirou's forehead. While the other helped him balance.

"Sorry, what I'm saying is confusing, isn't it?" Yuuichirou mumbled, slow and choked with an awkward laugh, apologetic.

"Not really." Mikaela whispered, looking down where Yuuichirou's clenched hands were. "Amane-san, I wanted to ask—to say—"

"The ice, Shindo-sama." René says, leaning over them both and letting the ice bag dangle between their heads. Both Mikaela and Yuuichirou widened their eyes. Both failed to hear René walk in.

"A-ah, thank you." Mikaela mumbles, scooting back and removing his hand as René taps it with the ice bag. Once Mikaela is sitting back down, Yuuichirou stumbles up to stand. Taking the ice bag and pressing it to his forehead.

"T-thank you." He says, bowing and adding, "I believe I should be leaving. I thank you for your hospitality." He bowed and rushed out of the room, René right after him as Mikaela tried to say something. Lacus walked into the room. Mikaela shut his mouth.

René led Yuuichirou to the front door, there he bowed and opened the door for Yuuichirou. Once Yuuichirou was standing outside René called his name again.

"Amane-san." René called, blank faced and voice unreadable.

Yuuichirou slowly turned, gulped, "Ye-yes?"

"Do anything to hurt Shindo-sama," He said, eyebrows furrowing. Lips fixing into a scowl. Eyes showing his hate, but overall, his restraint. René was tense, "and I promise you, your death will not be a peaceful one."

Yuuichirou opened his mouth. The door slammed closed.

Yuuichirou wonders if it would be better to not show up at all. Or if it would be worse if he stood Mikaela up.

"Rude." Is what comes out of Mikaela's mouth when René walks back into the room. Mikaela is pouting, sulking. What would look like anger to anyone who didn't know Mikaela, is actually, childish sulking. Looking away from both Lacus and René as he rests his elbow in the window sill. Face turned and looking out as his hand holds his head up. Legs folded under him as he sits on a chair. That position is something René wouldn't have allowed. Which means Mikaela purposely sat the way he is.

René sighed. Softly closing the door behind him and walking to stand nearer to Mikaela. Crossing his hand being his back at the wrists, René said, "I do not know what you are talking about."

Mikaela bit his bottom lip, chewing on it and he lightly shook. Both Lacus and René furrowed their eyebrows in worry.

"What-"

"Call Yoichi." Mikaela snapped, still looking outside. Looking away and avoiding their eyes. "I do not wish to see either of you."

René straightened his back at that. Lacus tensed up. René expected it. Lacus did not.

René bowed. A perfect bow to the eyes of anyone. To Mikaela and to René, it was mocking.

René would not apologize for his actions.

"As you wish." René said. Bringing his head back as he turned and motioned for a worried and confused Lacus to follow him. Silently and hesitant, Lacus followed René out.

"Oh God." Mikaela muttered, swaying his head into his hands. They were on the bridge he jumped off, Yoichi wasn't far away. He was right behind Mikaela.

Mikaela was tense and conflicted. Yoichi was worried and more than eager to help sooth Mikaela's worries.

"Today is a bad day, Yoichi." Mikaela mumbled out with a bitter smile. He was looking back at Yoichi, his eyes were cruel. They begged Yoichi to help him, to do something. When they both knew he couldn't do anything but be there.

So that's what Yoichi did, smiled. Softly and caring. Extended his arm out and invited Mikaela. Mikaela didn't hesitate to jump into them, pushing Yoichi back before they crouched down. Even with the expensive black fabrics of the suit Yoichi wore, Mikaela's tears still bled through to his skin. But only after minutes had passed. How much? Neither could tell you.

"The weather is begging to drop." Mikaela mumbled, looking at the grey skies.

Mikaela was wearing a suit, without the suit jacket. Having dropped it who knows where to irk René. Mikaela knew René was watching, and that is exactly why he is doing minuscule things that will irk René.

Mikaela smiled and turned to Yuuichirou with apologetic eyes. Saying, "Please forgive my bad choice of day."

Yuuichirou shook his head, returning Mikaela's smile. "Nonsense, you cannot expect to control the weather."

Mikaela laughed, not completely honest but not fake either. "So it seems." Mikaela spared the sky another glance. Closing his eyes when the wind pushed, harsh and fast. Chilling. Perhaps discarding his jacket wasn't such a good idea. The cold didn't bother him, but if he were to play pretend as a human: He is cold.

"Amane-san." Mikaela called, turning away from looking up to looking at Yuuichirou. Walking over to him as Yuuichirou said, "Yes?" Nervous and respectful.

"Would you cut my hair?" Mikaela asked, motioning to the scissors he had Yoichi find yesterday. Clean and then bring.

Yuuichirou frowned, "I'm sorry, but I do not know how to—"

"I do not mind if need you leave me with a mess Amane-san." Mikaela claimed, still with a smile.

Yuuichirou opened his mouth and then closed it to swallow, nervously. "I really do not think this is a good idea." Yuuichirou said.

"And I continue to think it is." Mikaela said, when Yuuichirou opened his mouth to decline again. Mikaela added, "With this I will accept your apology."

Yuuichirou chuckled out a nervous laugh. Scratching the back of his neck he said, "I'm afraid I will owe you another apology after."

Mikaela widened his smile. "We shall cross that bridge if needed, though I doubt it."

Yuuichirou frowned but followed Mikaela into the house, the kitchen that looked out to the garden. Yoichi right after them, carrying the scissors. In the middle of the kitchen was a chair. There, Mikaela took a seat and sent Yuuichirou another sweet, sweet smile.

It eased Yuuichirou's tension; not all of it. Yuuichirou walked to stand behind Mikaela and took the scissors from Yoichi's hands with a thankful nod.

Slowly and with shaky, nervous hands, Yuuichirou allowed his hands to engulf themselves within Mikaela's hair. Yuuichirou's eyes fluttered closed and them opened. Half lidded eyes stared down with endearment at Mikaela. His golden head, down to his shoulders. Clearly underweight but beautiful. Relaxed pose, demeanor, everything.

Without thinking, Yuuichirou leaned forward as his hands playfully and gently tugged and twisted Mikaela's hair. He rested his lips on the back of Mikaela head and breathed in. Mikaela shivered but made no move to get away, giving no sign of discomfort.

Low and quiet, with a puff of hot breath, Yuuichirou asked, "Must I cut it?"

Mikaela's smile softened. He is reliving a memory. And Yuu-chan is there. They have done this before.

"Yes." Mikaela said, soft and pleasing to hear. A hint of playful teasing slipped into his voice, so soft and melodious.

Yuuichirou made a noise. From the back of his throat, a whine of complaint. He had set the scissors down, next to Mikaela's thigh. His hands, slowly parted strands of gold. Surprisingly tugging here and there.

"Why?" Yuuichirou asked, dazed and with his eyes closed.

Mikaela closes his eyes, parts his lips and whispers, "It is too long, don't you think?"

"No." Yuuichirou states, "It is perfect."

They are reliving a memory. And in the dreamlike memory, they kiss. Soft and chaste. Silly and smiley.

Mikaela tilts his head back, just like in the dream. Yuuichirou cups Mikaela's face, just like in the dream. They meet eyes, both half lidded, just like in the dream.

Mikaela's eyes are clam and serene, wanting, just like in the dream. His pale cheeks, dusted with pink, just like in the dream.

Yuuichirou's eyes are adoring and warm, joyous, just like in the dream. His cheeks are poked with pink, lightly blotched, just like in the dream.

For a second, their warm breaths mingle. Touching each other's lips.

The kiss is perfect. Sweet and chaste. Silly and smiley.

The aftermath is not.

Yuuichirou leaves in a hurry, shocked and apologetic. Mikaela stays, tearstained and erratic.

Mikaela's hair is long.

The scissors fell when Mikaela got up to stop Yuuichirou.

Yuuichirou is gone.

Mikaela and the scissors are on the floor.

Mikaela is weeping.

The scissors cold and open.

Yoichi feels useless and as if he witnessed something he shouldn't have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.8K 11
🔞Includes Mature Themes🔞 Such As- Mentions of Blood Blood and Gore Homophobic Slurs Profanity Sex Sexual Activities Smut Mentions of Death Suicidal...
111 0 9
welp here again warning: not for those of you who are aversed to yaoi I repeat AVERSED TO YAOI, (for those who don't know YAOI =BOYXBOY) . so don't...
72.3K 2.5K 53
Fear, people use this to their advantage, to manipulate people, to get things from others. It also works against ourselves, making us give up, do thi...