The Hamilton Charm

By LilMissSarcastic

Most women describe Iver Hamilton to be sexy, suave, and sophisticated. He is sex on legs and a total man-who... More

The Hamilton Charm
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Watty Challenge !!
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Not an update!!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
NOT AN UPDATE !
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Not an update!
Chapter 38
Not an update !!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Not an update- sorry guys :(
Chapter 42
Author Update
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Update
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Update on progress

Chapter 5

133K 3.6K 308
By LilMissSarcastic

So far it was another monotonous day at work. Nothing much had happened. I spent most of the day avoiding Hamilton. I was not in the mood for him, I just wanted to leave work and then hop on the plane to London and get this whole dinner out of the way. I was looking forward to seeing Ethan and mom but Dad and Alice ha-ha I could go months without seeing them and I would be deliriously happy. How could I like my dad when he was an asshole to everybody around him?

Julie was back in work today but I couldn’t talk to her about the situation because the rest of the girls were there and she didn’t want them to know. I promised that I would meet her after I got back from London. The only other interesting thing that happened at lunch was when Elise told us about her date with Jean, if you could even call a date to the cinema interesting.

I strolled into my office with a coffee in hand that was freshly brewed and took a seat at my desk. I logged on to the computer. In the corner of my eye I noticed the light flashing beside Hamilton’s name on the list. I clicked the button, I had five missed calls. “Shit” I exclaimed and jumped up from my chair. He was going to kill me. I wanted to get on his good side today and hopefully finish early but that definitely wasn’t happening now. I rushed into his office and strode towards his desk. He looked up his eyes quickly scanning my body, probably to check whether I changed my clothes yet like he ordered. Ugh asshole!

“Yes Sir, I only noticed your missed calls now, what is it you need” I asked politely. “Where were you” he growled impatiently. “Ehh at a little thing that some of us call lunch” I said sarcastically. “I don’t care, when I call you I want you to pick up and then be standing in front of me in my office.””I didn’t exactly see your mess-” I tried to explain. “I said I don’t want to hear it. Be here on time the next time you are called” he ordered. I nodded there was no point trying to reason with him, he was a stubborn bastard. He grabbed a pile of papers and started to shuffle them around “Right I need you to work this week-end” he said giving me no room to negotiate. “But sir I can’t, I have to go home to London for a family dinner tonight”. “Skip it, I do not have time for this” he dismissed me from his office. “Sir I’m leaving, I have to go” I was being serious; he couldn’t just order me around like that. I wouldn’t even be getting overtime! “Well then there might not be a job for you when you return. I mentally laughed there was no way that he would fire me. It would take way too much time to train up someone new. He just grunted and waved me out of the room as if to say I don’t have time for this petty nonsense. I was leaving whether he liked it or not. I didn’t care that I was looking for any excuse not to go to London. This was about proving a point that he couldn’t order me around. I grabbed my things and my suitcase from the cloakroom and left the office waving to the girls as I headed out the door and into the lift.

Originally I thought that I was going to be lucky on this trip when a gorgeous guy sat down beside me on the plane. He was tall sexy and had light brown hair. He also had nice abs, I saw them when he put my bag up in the overhead garage. I’m not a pervert. He was such a gentlemen and I started to think hmm something might happen with this. Turns out he has the driest person personality known to mankind. After a while he finally took out a book and soon the awkward atmosphere dissolved. And after a two hour flight with one child in particular screaming its head off I finally arrived in London.

I stepped off the plane and breathed in fresh air for the first time in two hours. It was great. It was a typical day in London with dark clouds looming overhead, waiting to burst. The wind was strong as well, my scarf nearly came off. Although I love Paris, I do miss London quite a bit. It’s such a beautiful city and there is so much to do. I sighed in content; it was good to be home.

Ethan was supposed to pick me up from the airport and then we were going to go to lunch. But he wasn’t to be seen. I was frustrated it was one job he had to do and he wasn’t even here. There was a loud horn noise and a bright blue Fiat swerved around the corner. It pulled up in front of me and nearly took my toes off. The driver’s door swung open and Ethan emerged. He unfolded to his full height of 6ft 2inches. I don’t know where he received the tall genes from. I was only 5ft 5inches. His brown hair rested like a mop on his head and a smile spread from cheek to cheek. His brown eyes lit up with excitement. He quickly advanced towards me and grabbed me in a bear hug spinning me in circles.

“I missed you so much sis” he said with a sing-song voice. “I missed you too Ethan” I said gushing over him. He held me in his arms for a good five minutes before he tucked my suitcase away in the car and we headed off to the restaurant for lunch.

We were seated in the restaurant and were waiting for a food. I was ravenous. “So, have you told dad” I asked awkwardly. “Nope I haven’t and I don’t want to for a while, he doesn’t need to know that I’m gay. He wouldn’t provide for college at all if he knew the truth.” He explained. “You're gonna have to tell him at some stage” I whispered. “I know, I know” he placed his head in his hands and exhaled loudly. I patted his back and tried to sooth him. I knew that this was stressful for him; I couldn’t imagine the turmoil he was going through. I changed the subject before I make things worse.

“Soo, did I tell you we have a new boss?” I asked. “Yay finally someone has replaced that old fart of a man you called boss” He grinned the previous conversation forgotten. “So what does he look like” he asked impatiently. “Just Google him, he does happen to be the owner of Hamilton&Augustus” I explained while gesturing my hand towards his phone that was resting on the table between our empty dishes. “Wait the Iver Hamilton, who women voted the sexiest man of 2014” he gasped and his jaw dropped. “Yup that’s the one, but I have no idea why women like him, he is an asshole who has no regard for anyone else but himself” I complained and rolled my eyes. I then proceeded to explain everything Hamilton had said to me in his usual anger filled or otherwise unemotional voice. I was so happy that I was finally away from him for the weekend. I even turned my work phone off so he couldn’t mess with my weekend.

“He said to you that you looked frumpy and stiletto heels are a must” Ethan gasped. “Well not his words exactly but ya,” I replied. Ethan frowned and looked into the distance thinking, suddenly a grin popped up on his face. He slowly turned towards me the grin growing wider and wider “Let's give him something to call frumpy, let’s dress you up like a granny and see how he likes it then” he laughed with pure glee in his voice. “Emmm I think not, this is Paris we are talking about!” I exclaimed. There was no way I was turning up to work in old knitted cardigans and multicoloured clothes. Ethan rolled his eyes “God you are no fun at all” he sighed. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “Fine, we will buy you some incredibly sexy clothes that he cannot argue about and he won’t be able to take his eyes off your ass” he clapped his hands in delight. “What happened to the whole, Talia you don’t have to change your appearence because of some man?” I grumbled. Ethan looked me up and down and quirked an eyebrow. I looked down; I thought I looked okay today. I was wearing a plaid skirt with a white blouse and heels. “Women in business have to look sexy, you just look like a librarian” he lectured. “I do not!” I gasped, “And women only look sexy when they want to fuck the boss” I explained. “Well show him that that is not the case. Flaunt what he can’t have” Ethan tried to persuade me. I sighed in defeat, there was no point trying to reason with him.

“Anyway so are Alice and her family coming tonight” I asked, praying that the answer was no. “Ugh of course she is why bother asking me, she would never miss a family dinner. You know how she sucks up to dad, she probably wants him to put more money into her bank account so she can pay for shoes” he snapped. “Are the little shits going to be there?” The little shits were Alice’s children Henry and Alyson. They are actually cute children but Ethan and I refused to believe that something nice could have come from the devil herself. You may think that we are being too harsh on our own sister but she is an evil, scheming bitch.

“No actually, she left them with a babysitter for the evening, thank god! This means that they might have to leave early to get home in time” He said wishfully. I really hope so.

“Blake was asking to meet the parents” Ethan divulged. “Wait you haven’t told him” I took a sharp intake of breath. Blake was Ethan’s boyfriend of a year and a bit now. “I can’t, he would be devastated if I told him that my father would throw me out of the house if he found put that I was gay” He cried out. “I know Ethan but Blake deserves to know, he could help you to get through this” I urged. “I guess” he whispered, “I’m just worried that he will leave me and then if I tell dad he will disown me”. “I told you already Ethan I will support you if dad throws you out. Don’t worry about it everything will be okay” I tried to console him. “Thanks Talia, I love you” he smiled in gratitude.

He checked his watch and jumped up. “Right we have two hours before dinner, we can get an hour’s shopping done for you for work” he said grinning. I grabbed my stuff and shoved my arms into the sleeves of my coat. I walked out of the restaurant after paying with my shoulders slumped. This was not going to be fun, shopping with Ethan was torture.

It was soon time for dinner and before I knew it I was sitting at the dinner table squished between Alice and one of dads close friends. It surprises me that he even has friends; he probably paid him to be here. Ethan was sitting across from me and Dad was at the head of the table with mom too his left. Alice’s dopey eyes made contact with mine. She had light blonde hair that was dyed, a polka dot dress that swung out at the hips and 4inch stiletto heels on. She was a typical housewife, not that I don’t admire housewives and all the work they do. She just takes it to the extreme. Alice was also very petite with a perfect hourglass figure and long gorgeous legs. I was incredibly jealous.

“So Talia, have you found a boyfriend yet or are you still on your way to spinsterhood” She asked with fake sweetness in her voice. Ugh I would love to just choke her and have those stupid eyes pop out of her head” I closed my eyes and sighed. “I am enjoying the long road of freedom at the moment actually. I don’t have to lick my husband’s ass like you Alice to be happy” I smiled back at her. “Talia apologise to Alice she was just being polite” Andrew a.k.a my father snapped. I grinded my teeth in anger and ignored him. There was no way that I was apologising for something she started. I was already pissed off and dinner had just started.

Dad was being his usual annoying self, discussing his exploits in work for the whole of dinner. And Mr. Friend of dads was sitting beside me bobbing his head up and down in agreement so much so that I thought it was going to fall off. Ethan kicked me under the table and nodded toward Alice and her husband. I tuned out dads conversation and looked towards them. Alice was cutting up his steak for him while he played around on his phone. I rolled my eyes at how pathetic she was. She would probably chew up his food and regurgitate it for him, if it made his life easier. I turned back towards Ethan and just shrugged my shoulders, it was nothing new. She was his little slave and she didn’t mind at all. She lived to serve him and pop out little heirs to his fortune. My eyes flashed to my mom, Marie. She seemed completely unaware to what was going on around her. She smiled fondly at my dad and he just looked at her. Her smile grew wider. She loved him unconditionally and I couldn’t understand why. I had finished my main course and I just wanted to leave. I groaned out loud and that’s when the shit hit the fan.

“Talia I have tolerated your misbehaviour for the majority of this evening and I’ve had enough. We invite you to our home and since you have arrived you have disgraced me and your sister. I have had enough.” I looked at dad in shock. He has invited me to his home what an asshole it’s my home too. I voiced my opinion. “Why can’t you be more like Alice” he growled. Alice turned towards me with triumphant grin on her face while batting her eyelashes. “Ya Talia, why can’t you be more like me. I try every time you come home to get on with you and discuss something we both enjoy and all I receive in return is your cynical attitude” she whispered with pretend hurt in her voice. Dad wrapped an arm around Alice and pulled her into his chest. He gave me a disapproving look as if to say ‘look what you have done’. I couldn’t understand how a man so successful and ruthless in the business world could not see through the deceit and lies Alice has woven to make her seem like the perfect woman. “You disappoint me Talia, I could never be proud of a daughter that cannot treat her family with the same respect she is given” dad said shaking his head at me. “You will never get anywhere in life” he added.

Although I understood that he was a heartless bastard some things he said did get to me. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and tried to blink them away. I was a grown woman for Christ’s sake, I should not be crying! I looked away from my dad and noticed that my mother was still blissfully unaware of what was going on around her.

The tension was palpable. It could be cut with a knife. I couldn’t breathe properly and my heart was pounding in my chest. They were all waiting for me to retaliate to what my dad had said but I couldn’t. I had nothing to say to the asshole. He was worse than Hamilton. I came home to see my family all the way from Paris and he treats me like the dirt under his shoes. At least he showed some sort of emotion today, disappointment. I don’t even know why I bother sometimes.

Ethan suddenly coughed and everyone’s eyes flashed to him. He glanced at me quickly and I knew he was going to do it. He was going to tell dad that he was gay. I leaned forward with anticipation for dad’s onslaught of curse words and anger. Worried was etched onto my face for Ethan. I don’t know why he picked now of all times to tell dad, maybe to get it out of the way or maybe to take some of the heat off me. I knew then that it was the latter; I smiled at him and mouthed ‘thanks’. He nodded his head and flashed a quick grin. I could feel the nerves radiating off him and he was shaking. He snapped out of it and started to talk, “Dad I have something to tell you” He took in a breath of air and slowly let it out. “I’m ga-”. Dad’s phone interrupted Ethan’s confession. Dad quickly checked the caller I.D and then left the dining room.

He didn’t even bother excusing himself. Ethan was distraught; he learned then that Dad didn’t care about anyone but himself. He had no regard for the rest of us, well besides Alice and Mom. He slumped back in the chair in defeat. His eyes closed and he was shaking like a leaf. I pushed back my chair grabbed Ethan’s arm and dragged him to my car. Ethan sobbed beside me on the way back to the hotel. We reached my room and I just stood there and hugged him. He clung to me but I didn’t mind, I wanted him to know that I was there for him. It took all of him to try and admit to dad that he was gay and dad didn’t even give a shit to stay around and listen. Ethan should be allowed live his life the way he wants to and express who he really is but that is not the case. I couldn’t imagine the stress he was under trying to lead a double life. But at the end of the day we had to be the person our father wanted us to be and that was never going to change.

A.N. Sorry about the long wait, there was a massive storm over here so the internet wasn’t working and I also had so much work to do. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter if so please vote and comment. I have a trailer for this story and there should be a link somewhere on this page. Anyway hope you liked it, sorry for the slow update.

Please Vote and Comment. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 6.1K 18
Kendall Clark is at the top of her game. She's one of the best black female Veterinarians in Los Angeles, California and everybody loves her. She's s...
17.3K 469 30
...And if Hell feels like Heaven you didn't change the Devil. But he changed You! ____________________________________ Camilla's life was never easy...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
126K 9.1K 42
UNEDITED Between his semi-committed addiction to smoking and his role as CEO of Elemental Coffee, Cassian Russell has spent the majority of his life...