A Second Chance

By DukeNeko

Discarded by her family and friends, having blood staining her two hands after killings, getting hunted down... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Special Chapter 26 (Part 1)
Special Chapter 26 (Part 2)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
BSD Wattys 2017
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
More About
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Omake 1 Part 1 - Missing
Omake 1 Part 2 - Missing
Omake 2 - Tears of?
Omake 3 Part 1 - Neko Tsuki is back again
Omake 3 Part 2 - Neko Tsuki is back again
Omake 4 Part 1
Omake 4 Part 2
Omake 4 Part 3

Chapter 19

3.4K 101 34
By DukeNeko

Previously:

Hearing the beeping sound from his phone that signals the call had been cut, the steely dark grey eyes belonging to a certain man narrowed as his held the phone in front of him. Pressing the 'end' button on his phone, he flipped his phone close and kept it in his coat pocket.

"No matter how powerful it may be, a pawn is just a pawn..." The man, who is known as Akutagawa, spoke up. Lifting his head, his dark grey eyes landed on a brown-haired male who was chained to a wall in front of him—Akutagawa—with shackles on both of his wrists with them held above his head.

"...What about you?" Akutagawa asked with a firm tone of voice, his steely grey orbs never wavering as they locked themselves on the brown-haired male's figure.

Standing up from his seat on the flight of stairs, he shoved his hands into his coat pockets. "Are you a pawn or the master?" He questioned monotonously, "Or are you a pawn who is waiting to be crushed?"

Not replying to his questions, the brown-haired male only stood there with his wrists bounded to the shackles that were chained to the pillar of wall behind him. The only thing which showed that he heard Akutagawa clearly, was the growing smirk plastering on his lips.

3rd Person's P.O.V

Walking down the dark unlit stairs to one of the torture areas which currently held a single person, the corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smirk. However, his smirk faltered and was immediately replaced with a scowl the moment he heard the male prisoner singing and humming a random song to himself while being so nonchalant about his situation.

"Tch." Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Akutagawa activated, Rashoumon, and sends it towards Dazai's neck, taking him by surprise. However, Akutagawa's Rashoumon which was strangling around his neck was cancelled a moment later and the shock look on Dazai's face was replaced with a smirk with darkened glazed over eyes.

Lifting the head lower, Dazai's smirk widened more as his eyes trained on Akutagawa. Rashoumon circled around said male, its red lightning sparking on a deep reddish coloured body before it went back to being a coat.

"Oh you were here?" Dazai taunted mockingly.

"I believe you know what manner of fate awaits those who are chained here." Akutagawa stated lowly, eyes glaring hard on Dazai's sharp ones.

"This brings back memories." Dazai smiled happily, but the smile didn't reach his eyes, "I remember when you were a rookie."

Ignoring his words, Akutagawa took a few steps forward and stood closer in front of Dazai. "You have committed grave sins." Akutagawa declared bitterly, "You suddenly abandoned your mission, vanished, only to reappear as an enemy to the Port Mafia." Furrowing his eyebrows together, a frown plastered itself on his pale complexion face, "It's hard to believe, coming from a former executive."

"And from your former superior?" Dazai added on to Akutagawa's words, taunting said male even more. Hearing that, something snapped inside Akutagawa's mind. Gritting his teeth together, Akutagawa brought back his right fist and threw a punch at Dazai, hitting right on his cheek. His head snapped to the right due to the impact of the punch as a few specks of blood splattered on the already dirtied ground.

Taking a step back to stand on his original position before he punched Dazai, Akutagawa cracked his knuckles as his glare darkened on Dazai's figure. "Not even you are invincible." Akutagawa stated, a tint of superiority in his voice, "As long as I don't use my ability, I can hurt you. I can kill you any time I want."

"Heh... I see." Dazai hummed out. Lifting his head up to look at Akutagawa, he flashed him a wide smirk. "You have climbed through the ranks." These words caused a stiff reaction from Akutagawa as he tensed up.

"I will say this to you now, but it was a challenge to train you." Dazai said while shrugging his shoulders slightly and closing his eyes, "You were a slow learner, and you always disobeyed instructions." Opening his eyes, his eyes darkened into a deeper shade as he met Akutagawa's gaze, "Not to mention that useless ability of yours..."

Holding himself back, Akutagawa clenched his fist even harder, till the point his knuckles turned white. "Your fake bravado will only last for a few more days." Akutagawa stated, opting to ignore the words his former superior said instead of lashing his anger out at him, "In that time, we will obliterate the Agency and seize the weretiger. Your execution will then follow. Look forward to learning of your organization and your subordinates' demise with clenched fists and teeth." Turning around, Akutagawa shoved his hands into his coat pockets, facing his back to Dazai.

"I wonder if you will actually manage that." Dazai spoke up after Akutagawa's declaration of war with the corner of his lips tugging up, "My new subordinates are far superior to you."

Turning around quickly, Akutagawa sends yet another punch to Dazai's face, sending his head reeling to the left from the impact.

Bringing his fist back to his side, Akutagawa bit the corner of his lips in anger. But his angered expression was replaced with a smirk the moment something passed through his mind in a flash of sudden remembrance. Shoving his hands into his coat pockets again, he took a step back. "You mean the two young subordinates?" Akutagawa questioned Dazai with a slight tone of jeer in his voice.

"Yeah." Dazai replied back, not letting the sudden punch get to him. Turning his head back forward to look at Akutagawa, a smirk placed itself back on his mouth again. "They are strong. Don't underestimate them." Dazai declared.

Hearing that, Akutagawa gaze's hardened more. "I don't think it will be two anymore." Akutagawa announced firmly, "We have one of your two, Dazai-san. After many years of us chasing after her, she came to one of the Port Mafia's to retrieve one of our prisoners, knowing it was a trap laid for her."

Once those words processed itself in Dazai's mind, the smirk look on his face was immediately replaced with an angry scowl. "Don't tell me..."

"Yes. Although it wasn't I who captured her but one of the apprentice under another executive, we have finally taken in the copycat." Now, it was Akutagawa's turn to smirk back and taunt Dazai now.

"...Where is she?" Dazai hissed out angrily.

"What do you mean?"

"I asked, where is she?!" Dazai let out a yell, his eyes darkening even further to glare at Akutagawa who stood in front of him. His shackles chaining him to the wall rattled around his wrists as he pulled on them in anger.

Turning his back to Dazai, Akutagawa shrugged his shoulder slightly before turning his head to the right to look at the growling Dazai with narrowed eyes. "Now, we are only left with the capture of the weretiger, the destruction of the Detective Agency. And your execution date." Akutagawa stated ferociously, ignoring Dazai's question and walked forward and up the stairs before finally, out of the room and Dazai's sight.

Tugging on the chains once more, Dazai huffed in anger. "Tch... I knew it... that phone call wasn't actually her on the other end... It was someone else." Dazai growled out angrily, "A fake person."

Balling his hands into fists, Dazai glared at the poor innocent floor. "I want to escape and find her and the information I need... But it isn't the time yet..." He hissed out angrily, eyeing the hairpin in his hand before going back to glare hard on the poor floor.

"If anything happens to her, I will kill these people..."

## >> Time Skip – brought to you by Atsushi falling out of a building's window from his clumsiness >> ##

Having been 'chained' to the wall for a good few hours or so ever since he was placed there, Dazai let out a yawn. It was boring. Extremely boring, other than planning his escape in his mind or singing suicide songs like the suicidal maniac he is, he was bored out of his mind. Being chained there to the wall for so long wasn't as entertaining as he thought it would be, especially when one doesn't have anyone to talk with in this big secluded underground torture room. Not like talking in a torture room with someone is a very nice experience.

He could have escaped and did the things he needed to do and find Tsukiyomi, but it wasn't the time yet. It wasn't.

'If I predicted correctly, by now they should be...'

Turning his head slightly, he eyes his cuffed right wrist. "It's about time." He mumbled under his breath, his mouth forming a thin line. But his attention was diverted away from the chains when the echoes of footsteps rang out from the stairs in front of him.

"Plotting as usual?" The new person who walked down the stairs spoke out as he climbed down the flight of stairs.

Upon hearing the familiar voice belonging to his 'partner-in-crime' when he was in the Port Mafia, Dazai immediately stiffened as sweat poured down his forehead in waves. Eyes widening in both shock and disgust, a small visible sweat drop formed on his temple. "That voice...."

Stopping halfway of the flight of stairs, was Chuuya Nakahara, one of the Port Mafia Executives, who was cloth in his usual clothing which includes a black hat with a red hatband tied on it, a white button-up skirt underneath an open black cropped jacket with his sleeves rolled up to his elbow like usual and a dark grey vest over them. A black coloured choker was worn on his neck like a collar.

"This is nice. This is a great view. It rivals even a masterpiece worth ten billion." Chuuya mused out, a wide smirk on his face as his lifted his chin, eyes looking at the chained Dazai with much amusement flickering in his eyes. "Wouldn't you agree, Dazai?"

Dead-panning, Dazai gritted his teeth together as more visible sweat drops appeared on his head while he spoke with disgust, "This is the worst. Man, this is the worst!"

Hearing that, Chuuya jumped down the rest of the steps and landed on the ground with a thud. "I like your reaction." Chuuya stated before walking forward to stand two meters or so in front of Dazai, "It makes me want to strangle you."

Staring intently at the person in front of him, Dazai blinked his eyes multiple times. "You haven't changed at all, Chuuya." Dazai stated, his eyes looking downwards at Chuuya.

"AH?!" Chuuya snapped out in anger, an irk mark appearing on his head in, "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

Sending Chuuya a poker face, Dazai spoke out with a more playful tone than before, "I have always wondered about this," He started, "but where do you get your embarrassing hats?"

"Say what you want vagabond!" Chuuya retorted back angrily, his brows now furrowed together in irritation, "I bet you're still going on and on about suicide despite your age, aren't you?"

"Yeah.", came the immediate confirmation from Dazai without any ponder for his reply.

"...At least pretend to deny that..."

Throwing this happy-go-lucky conversation away, Chuuya stood up straight, his eyes now showing seriousness as they glint. "But now, you're just a sad little prisoner. It's enough to make you cry, eh, Dazai?"

Hearing no reply or even any change in the unemotional expression on Dazai's face, Chuuya shook his head slightly. "No. It's actually a little too convenient." He stated. Closing the distance between him and Dazai in two steps, Chuuya grabbed a handful of brown hair in his right hand and pulled down Dazai's face closer to his and his height. "You may be able to deceive that apprentice, Akutagawa, but not me."

With that said, a smirk crawled its way up Chuuya's mouth. "After all, I'm your old partner."

Still not seeing any change in Dazai's emotionless expression, the smirk faltered on his lips, "What's your play?" He inquired sternly.

"My play?" Echoing Chuuya's question, Dazai cocked his head to one side innocently, "It's just what it looks like. Get caught and wait to be executed." He replied back.

Sharp eyes glinting with anger, Chuuya glared straight at Dazai's uncaring ones as his small smirk was replaced with a death stare. "There's no way the Dazai I know would be caught through bad luck or gross negligence. If you were that foolish," shoving Dazai backwards and letting go of his grip on his hair, Chuuya turned to face his back towards Dazai, "I would have killed you long ago." He finished as his hat shadowed over his eyes.

"You're overthinking this." Dazai concluded for Chuuya, stating that whatever he had on his mind was not whatever he himself was thinking of, "Besides, why had you come here in the first place?"

"To harass you." Chuuya replied back immediately.

"You toyed with me all you wanted back then. But..." Chuuya paused for a moment before he spun around and sent a high cut kick at the chains chaining Dazai to the wall, breaking it apart and freeing Dazai. "There's usually payback for it ten times over later. I don't know what you're planning, but fight me, Dazai. I will crush you right along with your schemes." He finished, a smirk donning his lips as he declared for a fight. Pointing his right index finger at said male, he slid his black coat off his shoulders and held it over his left shoulder with his left hand.

Bringing both of his hands down beside him, Dazai clenched and unclenched his hands before bringing it up in front of him. "Chuuya..." He called out, catching said male's attention. Having his attention after his declaration of a fight, Dazai snapped his fingers and in an instant the cuffs on both of his wrists broke apart and fell to the floor with a loud clacking of metal hitting the floor echoing in the big wide room.

Understanding his actions and call, Chuuya closed his eyes momentarily before looking up at Dazai, "So you could have escaped any time?" He questioned with a grin.

Bringing up his now free left hand, Dazai flashed Chuuya a smug look, "You stop my plans?" He said as he held the object in the palm of his left hand between his thumb and index finger, showing the hairpin to Chuuya, "You must be joking." Dazai finished.

"Heh. I'm liking this turn of events!!" Chuuya exclaimed out in amusement before he took his stance and ran forward to face off Dazai in a fight.

Throwing his black coat up in the air as it flutters wildly, Chuuya brought back his right fist to throw a straight punch. Seeing as Dazai dodged the punch easily, he sent a left upper cut before doing the same pattern for the next few moves while leaping forward to get closer to Dazai, who leaped back at every attack to dodge.

Seeing another straight punch coming for his face, Dazai's left hand slid out of his coat pockets and lashed out to grab Chuuya's right incoming wrist before using his other free hand to punch Chuuya in the stomach.

Stopping for a second, a tick mark appeared on Chuuya's face as lifted his head to glare at Dazai. "You call that a punch?!" He growled out in irritation. Angered from the lack of motivation to fight with him that he got from Dazai, Chuuya sent a strong straight kick to Dazai's stomach, causing him to go sailing backwards and crashing hard into the wall behind him, creating a small crater behind him to form on the wall. Grunting in pain from the impact of the crash, Dazai fell to the floor.

"It doesn't even count as a massage." Chuuya stated, his hat shadowing his eyes to give him a slightly scarier vibe and aura, "Your martial arts skills are below average for the Port Mafia. Your ability to neutralize gifts is a nuisance, but I don't even need to use mine at this point."

"..."

"Get up." He demanded lowly as he lifted his head to look at Dazai with a scowled expression plastered on his face, "The party's just getting started."

The corner of Dazai's lips tugged upwards, "You're not the Port Mafia's top martial artist for nothing." Pushing himself up from the floor in a crouched position, Dazai stretched both of his arms out. "Whoops. I thought my blocking arm would have gotten torn off."

Seeing Dazai stretching his arms, Chuuya furrowed his eyebrows further together while his mind was whirling with thoughts. 'He blocked my strike with his arm at the last second? ... He's predicting my attacks.'

"We have known each other for a long time." Dazai said before he stood up from his crouched position and shove his hands into his trench coat pockets, "I'm totally familiar with your moves, pacing and habits." He declared proudly with a smile on his face as he cocked his head slightly to the side, "Otherwise, I would not have been a proper partner, right?"

The instant the last word left his mouth, Chuuya leaped forward and in an instant, he appeared in front of Dazai with his right fist brought back for a punch, taking Dazai by surprise for his quick speed and sudden appearance in front of him in a second.

"Then I bet you saw this coming too!" Sending a straight punch, Chuuya hit Dazai on the side of the head, causing said male's head to go reeling to his right. "This is how you throw a punch!" Not letting him rest for a second, Chuuya sent another punch to Dazai's stomach before shoving him hard to the wall, his left hand gripping tightly on his neck. Coughing out in pain, Dazai gritted his teeth together.

"You thought you could beat me just because you can predict my moves?" Chuuya questioned lowly. Taking out a hidden knife with his free right hand, Chuuya brandished the knife for a second before placing it dangerously close to Dazai's neck, the blade glinting in the dark.

"Tell me before you die." Chuuya threatened darkly, his eyes trained firmly on Dazai to look for any sign of him struggles or movements, "Why have you let yourself get caught? What were you waiting for here?"

Looking at Chuuya with darkened eyes, Dazai kept quiet despite having a knife held to his neck so closely.

"Heh. The silent treatment?" Chuuya mused slightly, his gaze not wavering as his hand holding the knife inch closer and closer to Dazai's neck, "Fine. I will just have more fun torturing you."

"...The main reason..." Dazai started to moment he felt the tip of the knife touching his neck ever so slightly, "...is Tsukiyomi-chan and Atsushi-kun." Hearing that, Chuuya's eyes narrowed further.

"That Tsukiyomi? And who is Atsushi?"

"The copycat and weretiger you're all obsessed with." Dazai replied back lowly, "I wanted to know who put the fifteen and seven billion yen price tag on their heads respectively."

"You wanted to know badly enough to put your own life on the line?" Chuuya raised his eyebrows above his hairline before it went back to being furrowed together, "I had like to say that's heartwarming... but look where you ended up. Guess even geniuses end up less than average, eh, youngest executive in the mafia's history?"

"Well, you have been deserted by lady luck." Chuuya concluded in the end, a smirk donning his features, "After all, you got caught the very day I got back from suppressing squabbles in the West. From my perspective, it was a stroke of luck."

"Heh."

Hearing that, the smirk immediately turned into a frown, his eyes narrowing more, "What's so funny?" He demanded angrily.

"Let me tell you something that is good to know." Dazai stated, "There will be a meeting between the top five executives tomorrow."

"Impossible." Chuuya exclaimed out as his eyes widened to a large extent. Retracting the knife held to Dazai's neck back to his side, Chuuya's grip on the knife tightened even more. "That's a meeting of critical importance that only occurs once ever several years, to determine what direction to take as an organisation. If there were going to be one, I would have been notified." Chuuya stated, fear and shock lacing his voice.

"The reason it's happening is a certain letter I sent the other day to the upper echelons of the organisation." Dazai replied back. With his eyes darkening a deeper shade of brown, Dazai flashed Chuuya a smirk as he brought his chin down to look straight at Chuuya's gaze with a more serious expression, saying, "So, I'm going to predict this now..."

"...You're not going to kill me." Dazai stated, "Moreover, you will tell me where to find the information on who is paying the weretiger and copycat bounties before leaving this room. And when you leave, you will walk and talk like a little rich girl."

"Huuhhhh?" Sending Dazai a confused and annoyed look, Chuuya's mind didn't believe the words Dazai were saying. But a small part of him did believe him, no matter how much he hates his former partner in front of him.

"My predictions always come true." Dazai stated, having no change in his expression, "I think you know that."

Sweat formed on Chuuya's forehead as his eyes twitched for a moment. "What can you even hope for in this situation?" Chuuya snapped back before he finally realised what Dazai had just said. Mouth dropping open in shock, Chuuya gasped in surprise, "A letter?... You mentioned a letter?"

"The letter said this: "Should Dazai fall, all your secrets will come to light." " Dazai replied back with the same manner of tone.

"You bastard, you didn't—"

"So now you have caught a former executive turned traitor. But the package included a letter to the upper echelons that, if I die, all of the organisation's secrets will be disclosed. If the public prosecutor's office gets a hold of those secrets, all the Port Mafia executives can be executed a hundred times over. That's more than enough of a threat to trigger the meeting."

"The Port Mafia aren't so feeble that a threat like that had make them wait and see what happens. You will die! There will be an execution!!" Chuuya concluded immediately. However, even if he said that with much determination, that determination didn't reach his eyes. His eyes showed fear.

"Probably. But that will be the council's decision." Dazai declared, "If you execute me before that decision without permission, your unsanctioned act will be considered an act of betrayal. You will be discharged or at worst, executed."

"And even if I look past all of those factors and kill you, you will be happy because you managed to die."

Hearing that, Dazai nod his head and flashed Chuuya a closed-eye smile. "So yeah, go ahead if you want." Dazai mocks, bringing out his left hand out of his coat pocket and waving it to his side.

Seeing the hesitation in Chuuya, Dazai continue taunting Chuuya. "Come on hurry. Come onnnnnnnnnnn~" He drawls.

With his eyes darkening and widening in pure rage, Chuuya clenched his jaws together and flick the knife in his right hand to hold it in a reverse grip, the tip of the blade pointing at Dazai. Gripping the knife tightly, he plunged it down towards Dazai, lodging the knife hard in the wall.

Having done that, Chuuya let go of his grip on the knife and stood up straight. Turning to face his back towards Dazai, Chuuya shove both of his hands in his pants pocket before striding forward while his heels of his shoes clacking and echoing in the big area room.

"Oh..." The still alive Dazai spoke up, a smug look donning his face, "You're not going to?"

The knife was lodged dangerously close beside Dazai's neck which grazed the side of his left cheek. A thin line of blood trickle down to his chin and dripped to the floor in droplets.

" "Chuuya driven out of the organisation because of me", had a nice ring to it too." Dazai stated nonchalantly.

The moment his mind processed those words as he picked up his fallen coat on the floor, Chuuya's eyes widened by a fraction. "Don't tell me..."

=Chuuya's Flashback=

"...The main reason..." Dazai started, "...is Tsukiyomi-chan and Atsushi-kun."

=Flashback End=

Finally realising it, Chuuya gripped tightly on his coat and whirled around to face Dazai with a pissed off expression on his face. "So your second reason was to force me to make that impossible choice just now?!"

Knowing his previous 'partner-in-crime' had finally realised one of his motives, a wide smirk plastered itself on his lips as he laughed softly to himself in amusement.

=Flashback=

"Besides, why had you come here in the first place?"

"To harass you." Chuuya replied back immediately

=Flashback End=

Sweat drops appeared on Chuuya's forehead as his mind whirled back to a few minutes ago in the past. "In actuality, you were waiting to harass me."

Standing up straight, Dazai pulled the knife beside his head out from the wall before walking forward, towards the shocked and angered Chuuya. "It's a reunion long in the making." Dazai replied back happily, "A surprise of this calibre is only fair."

Clicking his tongue in irritation, Chuuya turned his back to Dazai and held his coat over his left shoulder. "I will have you die... I will have you die someday, I swear." Chuuya declared as he grinds his teeth together with a big irk mark appearing on his head.

"By the way..." Hearing the nonchalant attitude and tone of voice Dazai was showing and using despite what had happened a few minutes ago and the situation he was in before, another big irk mark appeared on Chuuya's head as his eyes twitched.

"You're the one who broke my chains and freed me." Dazai stated, a happy look now plastered on his face as he continue taunting Chuuya like he always did ever since long ago, "If I just run away now, you will be suspected of aiding my escape."

Immediately, Chuuya turned his body while his mouth opened to curse out profanities as he faced the smiling innocently brown-haired male. "YOU BASTARDDDD!!"

"If you do as I say, I could make it look like someone from the Agency came to rescue me." Dazai happily used Chuuya, knowing it was easy to manipulate him since he does this almost every time and Chuuya manages to fall into every one of his tricks.

"Why should I believe you?!" Chuuya snapped back in displeasure, not wanting to be used nor believing in his traitorous partner-in-crim.

Donning a serious expression on his face, Dazai closed his eyes briefly. "I don't lie in these kinds of negotiations." He stated firmly before he brought up the hand holding onto Chuuya's knife and flung it back at said male, blade first, "I think you know that."

Catching the knife at the handle without much trouble, Chuuya growled in anger with curses flying out of his mouth. "Bastard... What do you want?" He said, giving up in the end.

"I said it earlier."

"If it's about the weretiger, Akutagawa's leading the operation." Chuuya replied back, "He should have records in the communications storage room on the second floor."

Hearing that, Dazai's serious face was immediately replaced with a peaceful smile. "Ah-so? Ma~ I had my guesses about that~"

"AH!!?" More irk marks appeared on Chuuya's head as he snapped in pure rage. Turning around again, he walked towards the flight of stairs while waving his hand in a good bye motion. However, before he could walk any close to the slight of stairs he came in from, Dazai stopped him.

"I have another question."

Stopping in his tracks, Chuuya's eyes twitched in annoyance before he whirled around on his feet to face Dazai yet again. "What is it again?!"

Eyes gazing darkly on Chuuya, Dazai shove his hands into his coat pockets again. "Where is the copycat girl? I know the Port Mafia had captured her when she infiltrated into one of the buildings belonging to them."

Raising a brow at Dazai, Chuuya's eyebrows furrowed together. "Tsuki?" Hearing her nickname, Dazai's eyes narrowed on Chuuya. "Why should I tell you? Don't tell me you're going to raid the whole base just to find her is it?" Chuuya questioned with his gaze hardening on Dazai, "We have finally caught her in our hands, Dazai."

"Just tell me, Chuuya."

Balling his right hand into a fist, Chuuya opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted from someone on the top of the stairs he came down from before. "Heh. No worries, former executive of the Port Mafia and Chuuya's previous partner." A voice spoke out, catching the two males' attention, in which one male recognises that voice.

"Eh...? What are doing here?" Chuuya immediately questioned the moment the voice registered into his mind.

Ignoring Chuuya's question, the person quickly walked down the flight of stairs before jumping down halfway and landing on the ground with a thud. Since Chuuya was standing in front of Dazai, said male wasn't able to see who the new person was.

"Listen here when I talk to you! I'm your superior and you're my apprentice!!" Chuuya barks angrily. His mood was currently annoyed ever since he realised he fell for Dazai's tricks yet again.

"Apprentice?" Dazai echoed Chuuya's words as he raised a brow in curiosity.

"Hahahaha," The person laughed out loud, "I know you still like me, Chuuya-san~ It's okayyyyy~!" He drawls out in a happy tone.

"Hmph! Like you? Nah! I dislike you, Kei!" Chuuya retorted back as he rolled his eyes in defiance. Crossing his arms across his chest, Chuuya huffed out.

'Kei? As in... Tsukiyomi's friend in the Port Mafia, that Kei Yuzawa (A/N: given name then surname) she told me previously?'

"Don't play defiance now Chuuya-san! I know you care for all your subordinates~ You called me by my first name ever since I was placed under you too!" Kei chimed in happily as he flashed his superior, Chuuya, a wide broad smile.

Huffing in irritation, Chuuya let out a sigh before seriousness replaced his facial expression. His smile faltered and dropped to form a thin line. Furrowing his eyebrows together, he stared back at Kei before glancing back down on his arms. "Dropping this conversation away for now.... Tell me. Kei. Why are you holding her in your arms? I thought she was placed in the room to prevent escape after you got her?"

Feeling intrigued as to how Chuuya's apprentice, Kei Yuzawa, look like and what they were talking about, a curious expression plastered on Dazai's face as he cocked his head to one side and took a step to his right, letting him see the person who came into this room a few seconds ago.

However that curious look was immediately replaced with shock. His eyes widened by a large fraction as his mouth hung slightly agape once his eyes laid themselves on Kei's figure standing just before the flight of stairs.

Anger replaced his calm figure as his body shook slightly. Balling his hands into fists in his coat pockets, Dazai eyes Kei sternly as he glared at Kei, the aura surrounding him—Dazai, not Kei—turning darker by each painful second.

No. His gaze wasn't really focused on Kei. But it was more on who Kei was holding onto in his arms and the need to know the reason as to why he was holding onto that person.

And that person was none other than an unconscious Tsukiyomi Akira.

【Word Count】

|··| Excluding flashback to previous chapter: 5102 words

|··| Including flashback to previous chapter: 5327 words

A/N: Hey guys~~ Been a week since I last updated this :0   Hope you like this chapter!~

Thank you all for the 1.62k reads and 72 votes!! I can't be more happy X3 *Throws everyone cookies*

So, Tsukiyomi is taken in, and only the President and Dazai had suspicion about her escaping previously. Wonder how =w=   Now, Dazai is captured and he met Akutagawa, which said male giving him two heartfelt punches to his face (ouch). To Dazai's dismay, he met Chuuya, his former partner-in-crime when he was in the Port Mafia as an Executive. Despite having a tense friendship between them due to Dazai turning traitor to the Port Mafia, they still had their brotherhood in a way~~ awwwwweeee X3 

I like both Dazai and Chuuya though XDDDDD  It's honestly sad they had to part ways and become enemies.

But suddenly, Kei appeared in front of the both of them. Shocking thing was he was under Chuuya's supervision. What's worse was, he carried Tsukiyomi along with him to the underground torture chamber room 😱😱 Wonder what's gonna happen...

  (**^ Pic doesn't belong to me!**)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 929 33
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝, 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍'𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏�...
16.5K 475 24
Transported into the realm of your favorite anime 'Bungo Stray Dogs' after a tragic accident, you discover that life in this new reality is anything...
20.6K 718 17
Oda Y/n, Odasaku's little sister (16years) joined the Mafia under the condition they wouldn't make him kill anyone. She takes on the role of the dark...
4.1K 176 28
**DISCONTINUED** Atsushi put the kettle on the stove before turning to look at me with wide eyes. "He what?" "Yeah. I had that look too. But that's...