WILD // (Harry Styles)

By tswords

❝You drive me fucking wild,❞ he says, pulling at his hair. He moves closer again--this time grabbing me by th... More

description
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O U R T Y O N E
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F O U R T Y N I N E
F I F T Y
.
?
WEAK

T W E N T Y S I X

101K 2.6K 4.8K
By tswords

CHAPTER 26

HARRY

Claire is getting distant. And that can't happen.

I understand why she's reacting the way she is. It's exactly the same things she reacted to back in California. She said I was too possessive, that was too much of a control freak. And as I admitted back then, I wanted her to only have me.

Those things improved over time, and the urges I had in the beginning to constantly being in control of her faded away. But that all came crashing back the minute I knew Zayn was in the apartment, it was like a switch. And now, every waking second, I am so fucking terrified of having anything happen to her. There is no other option for me other than shutting her away, till Zayn is caught.

In California, I realized over time that her happiness was the most important. And we lived here for 3 months where every day was happier than the last. And I know it's selfish, but her safety is more important than her happiness to me. What's her happiness good for if she's dead?

I want her to be happy. But I want her to be alive more.

But now that I feel myself falling back into my old ways, the ways she almost left me for in California, I see it in her eyes. I see the disappointment.

I just wish she'd remember me, I'm sure she would understand my reaction. But there is a small chance that she will.

"So... this is fucking awkward," Michael says lightly, looking back and forth between Claire and I.

We are eating breakfast, and there are few words that has been exchanged. I've tried offering a few kind glances, but Claire has dismissed them. I understand why.

"What are you guys planning to do today?" Michael asks, as Claire tensely stares down at her plate of eggs and bacon.

"Hanging out with you, in the apartment of course," Claire says, finally looking up. Her eyes meet mine for a split second, and I can tell that she means without me.

I think that's a good idea, for her to get time to come to terms with all the changes. I am keeping her in the apartment for now, so she deserves to decide who she spends her time with at least.

"That's fine. I am heading to the police station to give my statement on what happened here in the apartment on Friday. You know, Zayn getting into the apartment, tricking you into eating drugs and messing with your mental health?" I say, and Claire's brows raise, her head nodding vaguely as she scoffs. She gets up from the table, and rinses her plate in the sink, then putting it into the dishwasher.

"We'll be here," she says sarcastically, and my heart sinks by my resentment for this situation. We've never been like this to each other, but it can all stop when Zayn is caught.

Because my heart is near falling out of my mouth when I think of Claire leaving the apartment. And I can't have it.

CLAIRE

"You shouldn't be this mad at him," Michael says, scrolling down his phone. I look up at him, to see if he means it.

I'm trying to see it from his side, and I can understand where he is coming from. But I can't understand the measures he's taking for my safety, because they are degrading and demeaning. I wonder if he treated me this way before I lost my memory. It's hard to think that I would ever be okay with that.

From my point of view, this guy made me leave my family, brother and best friend to live with him across the country. I must've been so in love with him, madly and deeply.

I could imagine doing that for the person I love, but so far... I don't see it in him. I haven't seen much of the person everybody says I fell in love with. A glimpse of it showed itself when we were on that date at the beautiful restaurant. I had such a lovely time, and I could understand why I fell in love with him. But ever since Niall told me he loved me and Zayn broke into the apartment, I just don't see it anymore.

"Hey... I'm leaving now, I'll be back very soon." Harry opens the door, his head slightly bobbed down.

"Ok, I'll see you when you get back," I smile, taking Michael's words into consideration. Harry is hurting, and I don't want to add to his pain. His brows raises slightly, surprised to see me smile. He smiles back weakly, and walks out of the bedroom. Not soon after, I see in the small gape of the door, two tall muscled men approach us.

They don't walk into the bedroom, but they stand just outside, on either side of the door. The bodyguards. I guess this is how I will live till Zayn is captured by the police.

Michael and I spend a good 30 minutes glued to our phones, exchanging few words. I'm scared to walk out of the room to get food even, because I'll have to walk past those two mountains of men.

"Claire, I kinda need to talk to you actually," Michael says, breaking the silence. I lock my phone, raising my head towards him.

"Your recovery is important to me, and I know I said that-" He suddenly gets a serious look on his face, but is interrupted by the bodyguards suddenly.

"Ms. Tomlinson, there is someone at the reception wishing to come up the apartment," one of them says, holding his finger over a piece in his ear.

"Who?" I ask. He talks lowly while pressing his finger on the earpiece, and he nods at a voice coming from it.

"He says his name is Niall Horan."

"Oh..." I let out, looking back at Michael. Last time I saw Niall, he was drunk, telling me he loves me, kissing me... And then when I told Harry about it, he came home with a bruised hand and a cut on his forehead. I don't know what happened, but I figure that I owe Niall a chance to explain himself.

"It's okay, send him up."

I force myself to get up from the bed and walk past the body guards, and walk to the bathroom. But they follow me there, and they station themselves outside the bathroom door. I roll my eyes, and look into the mirror, sighing at myself. Michael follows, walking up next to me.

I throw some water in my face, to wake myself up properly. I fix my hair, connecting the loose strands by brushing it all out. I want to look at least presentable before I see Niall.

But when I get into the living room and see Niall's face, I realize I shouldn't have put in effort to look nice.

There are two cuts in his face, one by this eyebrow and one by his mouth. His left eye has red parts where it should be white, and his eye socket is a deep purple color. His lower lip as a minor cut in the middle, and his cheek looks sore. Oh... my god.

When Harry left the hospital after I told him Niall said he loved be, I imagined he would confront Niall, maybe threaten him to stay away. But I would never imagine a person who I am supposed to love, would get so violent and beat up a person simply because they love me too.

"Niall," I gasp, my eyes already stinging. I approach him very slowly, and his head is directed at the floor, his eyes still meeting mine.

"Are you alright?" I ask warily, and he tries smiling at me.

"Yes, please don't worry about me," he brushes it off, shaking his head.

"I came here to apologize," he says, and the body guards stands behind me. It's ridiculous that they are following me around the apartment.

"Niall, it's okay," I say, realizing what he's referring to. He's apologizing for telling me he loves me, and something about that isn't right.

"No really, I was being selfish and I'm sorry." He says a bit more firmer, and I nod my head. Even though I don't think he should he apologize, I still appreciate it.

"W- What's the deal with the bodyguards? I also saw a police car stationed outside..?" He questions, one of his brows raising. I glance behind me, where the two men stand rigidly.

"It's a long story," I roll my eyes, because their is no casual way to say; "Zayn disguised himself as a pizza man, drugged the pizza and then Harry threw me into the bedroom. Then I walked out, and kissed Zayn. Then Harry shot after him, and I lost my mind for a second, and believed I loved Zayn, and got mad at Harry. The morning after Harry had set up cameras, hired bodyguards, ordered me to stay in the apartment, and arranged for a police car to be stationed outside of our apartment at all times."

"Where is Harry?" Niall asks, and I sigh.

"At the police station, that's why he left me with these guys," I say, pointing behind me.

"You know, I'm right here. It's not like Zayn is gonna come crashing through the windows, you can back up a few feet," I turn around for a second, and the men look over at each other, nodding slightly after a few seconds. They take a few steps back, far enough for me to have a private conversation.

"Well.. are you hungry? I'd love to take you out for lunch," Niall suggests lightly, and my eyes squint. I shouldn't, because Harry would get angry.

"She'd love to!" Michael says, clasping his hands together. I stare at his with wide eyes, and he scoffs.

"One second," Michael says, dragging me into the bedroom again. The body guards move with us, but we close the door.

"Seriously Claire, tell me the last time you had fun," Michael challenges, and I search my head for a second. It was when Niall came here with breakfast. During his visit, I could relax. I haven't felt that ever since he left. Or maybe... since he kissed me.

"Harry won't like it..." I try, but Michael rolls his eyes.

"Are you gonna live your life like that? Stop doing things you enjoy because Harry doesn't like it? C'mon, Harry has done enough! I'll distract the bodyguards, and you get the hell out of this prison!" Michael says, his eyes wide. I consider it for a second, but this opportunity is too tempting to let go of. My whole body craves seeing the outside of this apartment, so I nod, and Michael smiles.

"Go," he says, and opens the door. I walk out and down the hall, and Michael walks in front of them, trying to talk to them to slow them down. I rush to the elevator, and throw on shoes and a jacket.

"Let's go," I say to Niall, and he smiles and gets in the elevator with me, my heart racing as the elevator doors close before the bodyguards catch up.

"Stop it!" I laugh, as beer practically comes out of Niall's nose. He cackles as I complain more. We're at this restaurant called "Eataly". We were looking in the menus and I asked him what kind of food they have here. That was enough for him to spill ice tea all over the table.

"Hmm, I wonder what kind of food they serve at a place called Eataly?" He mimics, teasing me. I can't keep from releasing a laugh, even though I want to appear mad. I hide my face, using the menu as I grow red.

"Hey, I'm sorry," he says with a strained voice. I lower the menu, and his face his red, his eyes almost teary. And it's apparent he is trying his absolute best to choke back a laugh. I pretend to forgive him even though I really wasn't mad in the first place. I was just glad to be laughing.

"So I'm guessing they have pizza," I say, and he nods, his face slowly growing paler still with a hint of amusement in the corner of his mouth. I close the menu, taking a sip of my ice tea.

"You guys ready?" A waiter approaches us, and I nod. I order a margarita pizza, and Niall does the same.

"So, anyways... How are you holding up?" Niall asks, twirling his straw around in his ice tea. I take a deep breath, stalling as I try to figure out what to say.

"I'm... good," I say. I don't feel like telling him about the previous couple of days, it will just bring the mood down. And I'm having fun.

Right then, I get a text from Michael.

*Michael: Harry's gonna be home any second, the bodyguards called and told him that Niall picked you up right after you left.*

A/N

question: Who you want as endgame?

another question: is there any readers that ship Claire and Zayn?

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter!

See you in the next one! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 82 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
184K 6.1K 36
***MATURE CONTENT READ AT OWN RISK*** Harry seems to be getting uncomfortable and mildly frustrated. "Willow, look at me." He's waiting until he has...
9.8K 79 10
Dirty 1D imagines written for your pleasure! I do requests and my own for you to enjoy!
247K 6.9K 28
"Please just let me stay here. I have nowhere to go." I beg him standing at his doorstep. "Why would I?" He snaps. I feel so small,so lonely and cold...